Killing the Lawyers (Joe Sixsmith, #3)

Killing the Lawyers (Joe Sixsmith #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A Diamond Dagger Award winner. Just because lawyers are rude and expensive doesn't mean P.I. Joe Sixsmith killed two of them. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Meanwhile, a young track star is being threatened with all sorts of nasty things if she shows up at the right place--a new sports complex--at the right time. Somehow, Joe has to clear up both cases b...more
Paperback
Published March 16th 1998 by HarperCollins (first published February 20th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Killing the Lawyers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing the Lawyers

Krob
Sep 05, 2008 Krob added it
More Joe Sixsmith. He wears well!
Caroline Cormack
The crime writing genius of the man behind Dalziel & Pascoe, but in a comedy setting. Lots of fun.
Kirsty Darbyshire
The third Joe Sixsmith novel; I don't think there are many more. I'll certainly read them anyway. Not top class Hill but very decently written and well plotted with plenty of humour.
Lila
This is the first mystery I have read in Hill's Joe Sixsmith series. I think the Dalziel and Pascoe series is better, but this was entertaining.
Richard Aldred
My first non-Dalziel book by Reginald Hill; entertaining enough, frequently quite amusing, but not especially good.
Jim
Not quite on a par with "Good Morning, Midnight" by the same author, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Ita
This series is growing on me. The main characters are imperfect, but immensely likable.
Silverblue
very witty and well developed story. Liked it alot.
Helen
Joe wins through nicely
Errol
Errol marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Catharina Merner
Catharina Merner marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Dragana
Dragana marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Geert
Geert marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
George
George added it
May 02, 2014
AmmarMajali
AmmarMajali marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Dale Amann
Dale Amann marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Reginald Charles Hill is a contemporary English crime writer, and the winner in 1995 of the Crime Writers' Association Cartier Diamond Dagger for Lifetime Achievement.

After National Service (1955-57) and studying English at St Catherine's College, Oxford University (1957-60) he worked as a teacher for many years, rising to Senior Lecturer at Doncaster College of Education. In 1980 he retired from...more
More about Reginald Hill...
A Clubbable Woman (Dalziel & Pascoe, #1) The Woodcutter On Beulah Height (Dalziel & Pascoe, #17) A Killing Kindness (Dalziel & Pascoe, #6) Death Comes for the Fat Man (Dalziel & Pascoe, #22)