To Kill an Angel (Blood Like Poison, #3)

To Kill an Angel (Blood Like Poison #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  2,662 ratings  ·  170 reviews
Ridley Heller thought her life would be perfect and trouble-free once she had Bo back. Unfortunately, she couldn’t have been more wrong. Learning Bo’s true identity has left them with their most difficult decision yet. They have two options. One, they can run away together and spend eternity looking over their shoulder, hiding from both God and Sebastian. Or, two, they can...more
Published September 1st 2011

Courtney Cole
Um, I think I have an author crush on M.Leighton. :)

After I read Blood Like Poison: To Kill An Angel, I felt like a fat cat with a belly full of warm milk sleeping in the sunshine. Yep, I was that contented.

This series finale wrapped up all of the loose ends and lingering questions with a neat bow. I will definitely miss Ridley and Bo, but this has been an awesome ride following this series.

Speaking of Bo... the heat factor turned up a few notches in this book. LOVED it. In typical M.Leighton...more
Vanessa
This book is absolutely and completely AMAZING!! I love the first two but this one exceed my expectations. It is full of romance and action! Perfect in every way!
Jackie -Sated Faery
What an amazing book! I'm still getting more tears in my eyes just thinking about it! This whole series was a wonderful blend of two of my favorite things - vampires & angels. The was the most amazing conclusion I could have asked for! There were many moments so frustrating that I just wanted to scream and every scene was so intense I could hardly stand it! The villains are as evil as they come but Ridley and her friends remain as loving and selfless as ever! And Bo, oh Bo.. as always he is...more
Misty
This book was by far the best in the series. I loved the other two, but this one took it to a whole new level. It was well worth the wait.

I love this author and her ability to weave such fascinating tales of suspense, terror, emotion, and epic love. This book had every element needed to ensure that the reader would not be able to put it down.

M. Leighton grows before our very eyes with this one, proving that she is not only a fantastic storyteller, but she is a brilliant writer. I lost myself m...more
Maria
Loved Loved Loved this book!! Amazing ending to an Awesome series!! I'm gonna miss Bo and Ridley but definitely a story I will revisit in the future!!

Michelle your an Amazing Author and your books Rock!!

Read this series you will not be disappointed!!

5 HUGE STARS:))
Melissa
This was another great book from M. Leighton. I have enjoyed every book that I have read of hers. When I read a book that is exclusively published as an ebook I often have expectations that the book will be just a notch below the quality of something that has gone through the rigorous editing procedures to become a professionally published work. I expect the writing to be good enough, but with significant flaws, usually flaws in the pacing of the plot or in the richness of the details. However,...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Duchess Nicole
Outstanding ending to a fabulous trilogy! This one was still introducing characters that are imperative to the storyline. It also wasn't quite as gory as the second book, but there were still quite a few edge of your seat moments. I also love how God was actually portrayed as a true entity instead of some possibly imaginary being, as you find with many of today's pc authors. I was glad that death (in a particular instance) wasn't a horrible tragedy to be mourned, as Heaven was the next step.
The...more
Silvia
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end :(
I really enjoyed this story, finished reading it on the same day I started, it was so entertaining that I just couldn't put it down. I'm going to miss the characters and their great chemistry.
I was really satisfied with the ending that M. Leighton gave to this wonderful series. Nothing with the story seemed forced, and its progression was pretty logical which is something I appreciate. I really hate it when authors give unnecessary twists to...more
Janeia
I saw reviews and I couldn't wait to buy it so I could continue on this journey with Bo (sigh) and Ridley. Let me tell you I was NOT disappointed! I purchased this book late last night and had to make myself put it down in the wee hours of the morning...I could not wait for nap time so I could see how it ended! LOL!! What a great twist to the popular vampire trend making this series stand out on its own! I hated to see "The End" because that means be venturing into the intoxicating world Ms. Lei...more
Lori
What a fantastic end to a very captivating paranormal series. Ridley and Bo's relationship grew right before our eyes into a perfect love. It was so sweet to see the two interact with each other and boy does Bo know exactly what to say! This series was wonderful it held my curiosity to the very end which usually one book will lose my interest.
Rachel Harris
I am soooo sad to see this series end!!! What am I going to do without my Bo fix?

Sigh.

I'm eagerly downloading several of Ms. Leighton's other series, but I will always hold a special place on my kindle for this series.

Great characters, great plot, great ending. The perfect close to a fun ride :-)
Darcy
Fabulous! Loved it. It was the best of the three books. Loved how everything was wrapped up. Can't wait to see what's next with Bo and Ridley. Great job again, Michelle. I'm waiting impatiently for your next book to come out. : )
Jodie
Wowza - Fanstastic series!

The book was the final one in the trilogy and it kept me guessing the whole way through. Was Savannah really so innocent? Was Cade setting them up? Was Annika setting them up? Was Devon a baddie? Arghhh I was on the edge of my chair, bed, carseat. I couldn't put it down. Would Bo the unkillable vampire, son of 2 angels be able to kill his father, angel and the first vampire ever? Would he be able to discover the love letter etched in Ridleys skin with the answers to def...more
Alexandria Nicole
A beautiful ending to a great series!

If you've been a fan of Ridley and Bo from the beginning you won't be disappointed in this last book in the trilogy. M. Leighton does a wonderful job of tying everything together and making sure Bo's and Ridley's story comes to a conclusive ending.

The only real question I had throughout the series was why Bo and Ridley couldn't ever get really intimate? If it was explained before I couldn't remember and even though this story pretty much takes care of that...more
Fathima
ANYTHING LESS THAN A FIVE STAR IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!
Holly Molly this was the most awesomest concluding book ever . Obviously we all knew it had to be a happy ending , but the path to that happy ending my friend was what took my heart away . Unconditional love , faith & belief and ultimately the willingness to sacrifice oneself for your beloved could definitely be the theme of this book .
Ridley and Bo were simply amazing in this book . Their love , OMG , dont even get me started on that . I...more
Christina
I really loved this series! I'm a sucker for any love story, expecially a love story complete with vampires and angels.

To Kill an Angel

Last night when I was reading the second book Destined for a Vampire me and my friend were discussing books, as we love to do, and I recomeneded this series to her and she is going to read. I am really excited to know what she thinks of the series.
Also, as we were talking since I was all most done with the second book, I finished it about an hour later and then...more
Beth
*Possible Spoiler Alert*

Loved, Loved, Loved It!!!!Ü Events in this final book of the Blood Like Poison series happened so quickly that my heart never had time to calm. (Which was bad, because I was so busy I wasn't able to read very many chapters at a time.) I wasn't surprised that the ending to Bo's destiny would involve great sacrifice- "The Blood of Love." While most events in "To Kill an Angel" were often found to be frightening and tragic (which were awesome); the ending was pure bliss. Bo...more
Alexis Morris
Is there any possible way to give this book higher than five stars? No? Well make it possible! I absolutely fell in love with this series. I love how the author put a good twist to the whole vampire theme. I would have to say that this is by fare one of my favorite series. I loved how I thought I knew what was going to happen then all of a sudden something jumps at me from behind and scares the c*** out of me! I loved this book so much I read it in a couple of hours (I would have read it faster...more
Carrie
This was a fantastic conclusion to the BLP series! It was exciting, sexy, and thrilling! I do have to say, though, that when Bo pledges his undying love, I find the things he says to be very unrealistic...meaning...that I have never had a man talk to me like that. BUT it doesn't mean I don't LOVE reading about a man who does talk that way!!! He completely melts your heart! The bond between Bo and Ridley was so intense and breathtaking! The plot was full of excitement! And, as always, the writing...more
Danielle
I was not as engrosed with this book as I was with the other two books in this series. The story was still great and had a good ending, but I did not feel any emotions while reading and therefore I found it hard connecting and becoming a part of this tale of true love. The content was intense (people being attacked, sacrafice, love, etc.) however, those intended emotions were not conveyed in a way that allowed me as the reader to truly experience the same things as the characters.
Hydie
What an excellent end to a great series. I wish there could have been more books, but alas it can be good to end things on such a fantastic note. I loved how at every turn there was something that was keeping the reader enthralled. I know that personally I had a hard time putting it down. Hopefully, crossing my fingers, there will someday be a follow up book, like an added bonus. (prob. not) Regardless, I will absolutely recommend this series to my friends.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
"Forever is a long sweet time"

Love this last book in the series. Of course, there were some loopholes.. which maybe aren't important anyway but ohmy, this threw me off. The book is thrilling as well as really quite romantic. Its a healthy dosage of "awwww's". The ending was a bit predictable, given the fact that the heroine have seen it already but, it was good nonetheless. Love it~
Jasmine
*Sigh*....soooo good! Kept me on my toes the entire time and had me wondering about each character--who is evil/possessed/still good/ect. I especially loved the ending and would still love to read more. Definitely didn't disappoint. I'd love to read more about Cade--where he went and what happens to him. Savannah and Devon.
B at Spare Time Book Blog
This was my favorite book in the series. The way Bo and Ridley's love grew was beautiful. The way they cared about each other was portrayed so well in the writing. The ending was perfect for the series and I am sad to see the series end. I look forward to reading more of M. Leighton's books!
Teri Beth
This was fantastic conclusion to the Blood Like Poison trilogy! Every question I had was answered and the story was wrapped up perfectly. It was full of adventure and even more romance between Bo and Ridley. Perfect ending to the series.
Lindsay
Holy cow. I will come back and edit this review later, but fantabulous! Best book of the series, usually the final installments are somewhat of a letdown for me, but this was beyond great.
Pill1267
Well worth the wait. Great story. I loved all the characters. I don't want to throw any spoilers out there, but this doesn't have to be the end..... "wink wink" lol...

Daisy
Spectacular ending of the series! I loved the other two book but this is my favorite of the series. A BIG SHOUT to M. Leighton for yet another remarkable story.
Anna Lynn Portwood
Once again... I'm blown away! lol. Just like the 1st and 2nd book I couldn't put this one down either. I loved it! I cannot wait for more Bo!
  • Consume (Devoured, #2)
  • United Eden (Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • The Ascended (The Saving Angels, #3)
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • Fractured (Fateful, #2)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Angel Eyes (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Asylum (Causal Enchantment, #2)
  • Vindicated (Fall of Angels, #3)
  • Forever (Immortal, #2)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • Eternity (Guardian Trilogy, #2)
  • Bound by the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #2)
  • My Tattered Bonds (The Bloodstone Saga, #4)
  • Stolen (Stained, #2)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I wa...more
More about M. Leighton...
Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1) Everything for Us (The Bad Boys, #3) All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1)

“It said thata we have now-right now- and that's it. We have no promises for tomorrow, only right now and we had to seize the day, the hour, the moment” 4 likes