Start by marking “Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)

Exiled (Immortal Essence #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,393 ratings  ·  203 reviews
Worlds divided them. Chance brought them together. Only love will save them.

An alien princess exiled to Earth.
An arrogant boy.
One week to get back to her planet or she'll die.
And, her only chance for survival? She must help the boy find his soul mate.
Piece of cake!

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 340 pages
Published October 2nd 2011 by Polished Pen Press in cooperation with Literary Underground

To ask other readers questions about Exiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiled

Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsThe Selection by Kiera CassEverneath by Brodi AshtonA Million Suns by Beth RevisExiled by RaShelle Workman
Breath Taking Covers Of 2011-2012
5th out of 501 books — 867 voters
Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsA Million Suns by Beth RevisEverneath by Brodi AshtonInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Selection by Kiera Cass
Amazing YA Covers of 2012
47th out of 736 books — 2,309 voters

More lists with this book...

RaShelle Workman
Oct 10, 2011 RaShelle Workman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it, so yes, I think it's fabulous. ;D
Kelly
I wanted to love Exiled (I mean, look at that cover! Gorgeous doesn't do it justice!), but because of a slightly jerky plot and slightly underdeveloped characters, I did find that while I really enjoyed it, it was lacking in certain areas.

The world-building was well-done. I had a very clear image of Kelari, what the alien race would have looked like, and the landscape that surrounded them. I loved the similarities to Earth, which made it easy to understand why Venus would have had an Earth Studi
C.k. Bryant
I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi, so was a little leery to read this book. Boy was I glad I did. From beginning to end, the story of Venus, her journey to earth and all the struggles she encountered, kept me on the edge of my seat. I absolutely loved Michael and the relationship that formed between them.

A must read.
Tahlia Newland
This book blew me away. I loved it from the first page and was thrilled to be reading something so richly creative and engaging. I definitely want to spend more time with the characters and delve deeper into their world in the sequel.

The story starts on another planet, complete with strange animals and a hi tech closet, but soon brings us down to earth. Someone knocked Venus out, blackened her name and sent her off in a space ship but luckily her handsome guard, Zaren saw her leaving and followe
Christina
Oct 14, 2011 Christina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Something that doesn't follow the current trend
I purchased this book off of https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

College Kid who reads YA.
4/5

Don't often review books, but this one deserves the attention. It's different from what is being advertised in most situations. It's not a dystopian, no vampire, werewolves, or fairies in sight here. Just aliens.

We start off with Venus and her 16th birthday, where in Kelari you receive a task which you must complete to become immortal. Nothing to be spoiled, things don't go as they should and she get
Rachel Morgan
THE GOOD: Amidst all the vampire, werewolf and fallen angel novels out there, EXILED is a refreshing and unique read. Little details brought Venus’s world, Kelari, to life: everyone's features are the same (silver and white) until they become immortal, Kelari's atmosphere is different, they have unique swear words (because why should someone on a different planet use the same swear words we do?) and, of course, the Kelvieri's Boots.

These boots fascinated me. "They were black as a starless night,
Jenna
I'd heard of Goodreads, but sadly, I'd resisted getting on. Just another website to suck away my time. But, after reading this book, I had to get on. It's the first time I've been inspired to write down my thoughts about a book.

It's superb!!!

I loved the multiple points of view.

I loved Venus.

Michael was tough to like at first, but by the end - man, oh man, did I fall hard for him.

Zaren is yummy! I want a guardian like him. Heck, I want a man like him! "Lemons and honey." That's how Venus descri
Kaylee
This book is amazing. RaShelle, you're an great writer. This book is amazing. Yes, I purposefully said your book is amazing twice cuz it's like totally awesome!
Tahlia Newland
This is an awesome book. Full review coming later.
Charlotte  Black
Synopsis:

Stubborn, sixteen-year-old Princess Venus of Kelari wants one thing, to become immortal, that is, until someone exiles her to Earth, kills her irrihunter and takes her family.

Now she wants revenge.

First she’s got to get home. But before she can return to Kelari, the Gods have commanded her to help an arrogant boy named Michael find his soul mate. Only she doesn't know the first thing about love.

Rather quickly, her inexperience with human emotion is obscured by other matters—alien-contro
Rea
Full review can be found here.

Time for an admission: I didn’t reread the synopsis before going into this book. This meant that I read the first chapter, encountered the alien world and settled myself in for a story set on another planet. Then I flicked to chapter two and suddenly I’m on Earth with this human boy. This is my own fault as had I read the synopsis, I would have known what I was getting myself into, but I still felt a bit thrown by it.

It didn’t help that as soon as Venus was on Earth
morgan
Mar 13, 2012 morgan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Supernatural romance lovers!
Recommended to morgan by: Goodreads :)
Okay so I actually finished this book on Sunday and I really didn't want it to end! If you love romance AND aliens you will love this book. This was my first supernatural book I ever read and I wasn't disappointed at all! Ohhh my, I just can't write enough for this book.

Venus and Michael were so amazing together. They basically depended on each other and my heart melt for them. The ending with have you shocked that's all I have to say!

THEN RaShelle Workman teases you at the end with an excerpt
Jessie Harrell
I have to start with the disclosure that sci-fi is not my thing. I usually never pick it up, and so I'm naturally inclined against reading it. The concepts and words are so "alien" to me (sorry, couldn't help myself). And so in places where I was confused, it may just be that my brain isn't used to reading this type of story. And granted, there were only a very few places where I was confused and it all smoothed itself out.
My favorite part of this story was the end -- hands down. It's h
Ambur
Exiled was a mixed read for me. I absolutely loved the world that RaShelle created. All of the details about Kelari and Kelarians were amazing! I loved the descriptions of Venus's room, the irrihunters, and I loved the whole revenge aspect. Unfortunately, the characters were what fell a bit flat for me. While I loved Zaren, and loved certain aspects of Venus, I couldn't stand Michael and he's such a central part of the story that it kept me from loving it. I think that if you read it and like Mi ...more
Melissa Lemon
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the descriptions of planet Kelari and felt like I was literally out of this world for a while. I would have liked to actually see what happened to Venus' family rather than just being made aware that SOMETHING happened, but I guess that's how it was for Venus and I have a sinking feeling it couldn't be revealed in this book anyway.

Other things I enjoyed from the book include the different names of things and people from planet Kelari and some of the science fi
Karen Hoover
The very first thing I have to say about this book is how much I absolutely adore the cover! It is one I noticed and was interested in long before I asked to be included in the Dark CARMA Blog tour. I wanted to read it! With a cover like that, how could it not be good?

I wasn't disappointed, though it was a book that surprised me.

Let me explain: In the opening scenes we come upon Princess Venus. Now, with a name like that, I expected the story to be mythological in nature, and thus was confused b
Amalia
This is embarrassing. Only 7% done and I hate this book already.

Reasons
1) First, I have hell no idea about this world Princess Venus comes from. No visual descriptions to help me imagine it or whatever. The creatures there and how they interact... What the hell is an irrihunter or a Formytian?! My head is in confusuionzd.

2) Let's briefly talk about Michael. His mother is effed up insane and how could he just let her push him around like that while still making polite replies of "Yes, mother."?!!
Nenia Campbell
Look at that cover. Just look at it . Isn't it gorgeous? A beautiful girl surrounded by sparkles and butterflies, glittering with liberal use of the photoshop dodge tool. It's absolutely stunning. I want butterflies to chill out in my hair. I'll be perfectly honest. I'm a shallow person; I judge books by their covers, and I wanted to read Exiled based on the cover alone . Unfortunately, that glorious, shimmering, magnificent outside did not match what lay on the inside.

This was another offshoot
Magan Vernon
In a world of vampire and werewolf novels, Workman is a breathe of fresh air by bringing a new era into science fiction.

I loved the alien mythos and fell in love with not only the characters, but the story as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the series and eager to learn more about Workman's alien world!
Dija
Oct 12, 2011 Dija marked it as first-in-series-tbr
This is quite possible the most gorgeous cover of 2011, paralleled only by Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday.

Hope the book is as great.
Melanie Marks
Nov 22, 2011 Melanie Marks marked it as to-read
I love this cover!
K.W. McCabe
Saturday, February 4, 2012Exiled by RaShelle Workman
Exiled by RaShelle Workman 4 of 5 stars

I originally saw Exiled on a review blog where it was featured in a giveaway. The cover looked interesting and the storyline seemed different. So, when I saw it available on Amazon for free, I made sure to download it.

The story was interesting enough- I read it in two days. Exiled is the tale of a Kelarian Princess named Venus. She lives a stable life until she passes out and awakes to find that her famil
Kereesa
I got to 50% before realizing I was groaning and hating every minute of this novel. I even attempted to connect my ereader to a public wifi to download ANYTHING else so I wouldn't have to read this. So it's probably best for my sanity to DNF this one.

Exiled is not a terrible book by any means, but features a host of things I just don't care for:

-Insta/lust-filled romance that is justified (by the use of true love, time constraints, and character traits)
-Name Dropping
-Predictability
-Character
Rhomy

I really liked this book. I'm pretty surprised it has a 3.6 stars rating.
I must admit it was a little confusing at the beginning. So many names and creatures that made me feel lost for a while.

But then, as the story progressed and I was getting used to those weird and complicated names, I found it amazing.

It's a simple story: A Princess that is framed and exiled to Earth. She doesn't know why she is there, or who did that to her, but the only way the Gods can forgive her and let her ba
Amber
Rating: 2.5 stars

Venus is a sixteen-year-old alien princess, which means she is of age to achieve immortality. But her plans completely change when she lays her head down and then wakes up on Earth. Missing a huge chunk of time, Venus learns someone on her planet has accused her of horrible crimes and has had her exiled. The only way to get back to Kelari is for her to fulfill one request from her gods: help a certain human boy, Michael, fall in love. Why her gods care about a human falling in l
Lora
Mar 26, 2012 Lora rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lora by: Cindy
Up front I must admit that I approached this book with hesitancy. Clearly, if I shied away from cheesy love stories then I wouldn’t be so drawn to young adult fiction. As much as I enjoy the cheese, however, I’m also embarrassed by it and long for more to a story than just the age-old love triangle. The description of this book and the blurb about the author made it unabashedly clear that love was a primary focus of this novel. Hmm…

In the end, I bought it hook, line and sinker. ☺

Nearly always,
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
“If you’re trying to get me to kiss you again,” he whispered hoarsely, “it’s working.”

After reading Exiled by RaShelle Workman it is official, there needs to be more sci-fi novels in YA! The cover of Exiled everyone can agree is beyond gorgeous, but what’s within the cover..is even better! This was a story I cannot wait to continue in book two, there was romance, there was action, there was a mystery, there was everything I love in a novel! Normally I am not a huge fan of books written in 3rd pe
Mandy Sickle
I picked up a E-copy of Exiled a while back for free, and when I heard about the tour for the next chapter I had to sign up. Venus has turned sixteen which means she now will become a immortal, setting her on the path to be the next queen. But fate steps in changing her forever when she's exiled to earth with her only chance of returning to help a mortal boy find love. Venus has seven days to help Michael find his soul mate or she won't be able to return to her home planet and Earth’s atmosphere ...more
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
I enjoyed this book. I would give it between a 3.5-4/5. At first I was a little confused by Venus' world, but as you read you learn more and you eventually get a better picture of it. But the book almost entirely takes place on earth so it isnt entirely relevant anyway. But what we learned about her species and the way they live and become immortal was fascinating, especially at the end when we see it happen. It was incredibly unique.

I was surprised by this book. The summary makes it sound entir
Lisa
Rating 4.5 Stars

This was a really great read for me. I do not read too much sci-fi, but what I have read has been great and this book definately falls into that category. RaShelle Workman does a great job keeping her reader wanting to see where the plot goes.

I loved the main characters in this book. Venus is a heroine that did not have to grow on me. I loved her right from the get go. I respected her loyatly and sense of duty as a Princess on Kelari and when she goes to Earth, I began to like h
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • How to Date an Alien (My Alien Romance, #1)
  • Rippler (Ripple, #1)
  • Earth (Elemental, #1)
  • ExtraNormal (ExtraNormal, #1)
  • Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)
  • The Pearl Savage (Savage, #1)
  • Clockwise (Clockwise, #1)
  • Break Away (Away, #1)
  • Wander Dust (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #1)
  • Sleepers (The Swarm Trilogy, #1)
  • Madly (Madly, #1)
  • Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
Visit http://eepurl.com/sd_xP and sign up for RaShelle's EXCLUSIVE mailing list. You'll be automatically entered to win a Paperback copy of Blood and Snow volumes 1-4.

RaShelle Workman is the author of the popular Blood and Snow series. She loves to reinvent fairy tales teens and adults can sink their teeth into. Her stories include kissing, vampires, werewolves, witches, aliens, and more kissing.
More about RaShelle Workman...
Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow, #1) Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2) Blood and Snow Volumes 1-4: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises The Vampire Christopher (Blood and Snow, #3) Prey and Magic (Blood and Snow #5)

“My heart didn't beat until I met you.” 13 likes
“Having you in my life has mended my soul, helped me to believe I'm more... that I matter. Knowing you has made me whole.” 8 likes