Start by marking “I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads” as Want to Read:
I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads

I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Is Western civilization in an accelerating decline? And if it continues will it eventually weaken and cause us to come to the end of cultured civilization as we now know it? "Yes," says David Jeremiah, and in his book, I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY! he details numerous signs of this cultural decay including:

America held hostage by Iran
Marriage becoming obsolete
Creeping
Published October 4th 2011 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Never Thought I'd See the Day!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Never Thought I'd See the Day!

Dan
I am currently reading this book and it really shows you how far this country and the world has come and how we have changed gradually for the worse without even realizing it. The things that this country was founded on and what most people believed is now being attacked. Some of what has happened is due to christians being complacent and letting things happen without standing up for what is right. This country was founded upon the principles laid out in the bible and now the bible is treated to ...more
Teri Moote
The title says it all. There are so many things that I never thought would be happening here. A good, thought-provoking book about our culture today and the direction we're heading, from a biblical perspective. There were several chapters that really struck a chord with me; giving me new insight and understanding - into educating our children and into the battle in the Middle East. The book covers a lot of ground.
Tina
I think other conservatives will agree with me that times have really changed, and not necessarily for the better. This one is an eye-opener
Harold Cameron
I am 56 years old and I have heard a number of different people young and old say “I never thought I’d see the day,” for a number of different reasons – but all relating to some major change or changes that have occurred in our society, in our culture, and the way we live as well as treat one another.

In his compelling book, Dr. David Jeremiah, senior Pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California and New York Times bestselling author, hits the proverbial “nail on the head” wh
Steve
This October 2011 release from radio and TV pastor Dr. David Jeremiah is a wake-up call for America.
It's a natural companion and follow-up to Jeremiah's earlier release, "What in the World is Going On?"
I had the privilege of interviewing the author following that title's publication.

In his latest trumpet call, Jeremiah goes behind the headlines to put the spotlight on angry atheists, indifferent Christians, a profaned Jesus, obsolete marriage, a morality in free fall, a marginalized Bible, an ir
Heath Marion
The title of this book captured my thoughts as I wondered what this pastor had to say about what is happening today. As a young pastor I wanted to read the thoughts of a pastor who has faithfully ministered for several decade to thousands of people.

This is not a book filled with ranting about the good old days from a person who longs to live in the past. Dr. Jeremiah walks us through Western civilization changes and how it is impacting marriages, families, and children today. He demonstrates wit
John
This is a very well written book. Because of the vast amount of detail and information in this book, I do not recommend that people purchase the audiobook version, until you have read this book. There is so much information you will get easily bored and lost listening to an audio book. In this book Dr. Jeremiah addresses nine issues, which he believes, have significant implications on the church and the culture. The chapters in this book are as follows.

1. When Atheists would be Angry
2. When Chri
Dave Jones
I got this book for Christmas.

David Jeremiah is excellent. He has a well-researched (I'm one of those OCD-types who actually reads footnotes!), observer of popular culture and how its present state relates to Biblical principles in about 8 or 9 different arenas. However, this is not yet another "going to Hell in a handbasket" tomes. He does inject hope in this work and wraps it up by showing how this affects us personally.

Dale
Biblical insight into nine areas where our world, our nation, our churches, and ourselves (ouch) are not where we should be according to the truth contained in God's Word.

But, don't worry, all can change if ... [no spoilers here]

Read the entire book, checking the Bible references as you go, and then take action based on the last chapter!!

Excellent insight into how we got here, and what each of us can do about it.
Michelle
Raising awareness of the challenges to our faith in this postmodern era is a commendable task. Unfortunately for David Jeremiah, it is done far better elsewhere by James Emery White with his The Church in an Age of Crisis: 25 New Realities Facing Christianity; wherein more ground is covered in shorter, succinct chapters. 'I Never Thought I'd See the Day!' starts off with a good chapter on atheism, but is sabotaged along the way by Jeremiah's highly flawed theology. The author believes in a pre-t ...more
Fred Thompson
Dr. Jeremiah reveals the extent of moral and ethical decline in America and, indeed, in the world today. He talks about the shift from moral, Biblical values to today's "anything goes" ethos.
Pat Burgesser
Fantastic commentary on current culture.
Toni L.
I really liked the way this was book was written. It could easily have been a tale of gloom and doom but Dr. Jeremiah kept the focus where it belongs - on Jesus. This helped to see what the problems are and to see how they should be addressed in a biblical way.
Matt
This book covered a lot of different topics and had a lot of good stuff in it. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. I look forward to reading more from David Jeremiah!
Jeff Carpenter
Another good one from Jeremiah!
Elaine
Excellent book on changes & what they mean.
Amy
I won this book from a Goodreads give away. I really tried to read it but just could not connect with it. I did pass the book along to my dad - who could and did connect with it. I think he could better identify with what David Jeremiah was trying to say. He was pleased with the book where I could not get through it. Maybe you need to be of the same generation as the author to identify with it.
Sabrina Laitinen
There is a lot of information in this book and it took me longer than I anticipated to read and process Dr. Jeremiah's teachings in this fascinating read.

It truly is inspiring and uplifting and brings home a message taht we must be wary and vigilant in these turbulent times.

I learned a lot, especially about the Middle East, and will surely recommend this book.
Paul
Very good. The author mentions several major issues facing our world and how one who is Christian should respond. I like the writings of
David Jeremiah, very clear and convicting.
Ingrid Shanklin
A very comprehensive read,on that should be on every Kingdom citizen's reading list. It's what's not being reported in the news, but what everyone should know.
Will
I read several complete chapters and merely skimmed the rest.
Brandy Smith
As always very informative
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
David Dorton
David Dorton marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Janet Poppema
Janet Poppema marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Virginia Hammond
Virginia Hammond marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • Dancing with Max: A Mother and Son Who Broke Free
  • Honest to God?: Becoming an Authentic Christian
  • Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back: Persevering Through Pressure
  • The Cause Within You: Finding the One Great Thing You Were Created to Do in This World
  • A Popular Survey of the Old Testament
  • The Genesis Question: Scientific Advances and the Accuracy of Genesis
  • New Testament Survey
  • God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You
  • The Great Doctrines of the Bible
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Named By God: Overcoming Your Past, Transforming Your Present, Embracing Your Future
  • Hard Sayings of the Bible
  • Song of Songs: The Divine Romance Between God and Man
  • Shaped by the Word: The Power of Scripture in Spiritual Formation
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
  • A Faith of Our Own: Following Jesus Beyond the Culture Wars
  • Power in Prayer: Classic Devotions to Inspire and Deepen Your Prayer Life
Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, felt God’s calling on his life at a very early age. Born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio, Dr. Jeremiah was raised in a family deeply committed to ministry. At the age of eleven, Dr. Jeremiah and his family moved to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremia ...more
More about David Jeremiah...
What in the World Is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God The Coming Economic Armageddon What Are You Afraid Of?: Facing Down Your Fears with Faith Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals