Start by marking “The Stand: The Night Has Come” as Want to Read:
The Stand: The Night Has Come

The Stand: The Night Has Come (Stephen King's The Stand - Graphic Novel series #6)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  542 ratings  ·  42 reviews
It's all been building to this, True Believers: the ultimate conflict between Good and Evil. The three spies sent by the Free Zone to infi ltrate Flagg's ranks have crossed over to the west, but have they underestimated the dark man's power? And the loyalty of those who follow him? Blood will be shed in the fi nal chapter of Stephen King's masterpiece of apocalyptic horror ...more
Published February 29th 2012 by Marvel (first published February 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stand

Brandon
Do endless nightmares got you down?

Still fretting over Captain Trips?

Worrying about starting a family but afraid that your eventual child may die upon birth because they're not immune to the terrible disease that nearly brought about the end of the human race?

Well, have we got some news for you! We're pleased to announce the grand re-opening of Las Vegas! That's right, take your mind off the end of the world and pamper yourself with some well deserved "me time".

You didn't think a pesky thing l
Gary Butler
61st book read in 2014.

Number 134 out of 404 on my all time book list.

Follow the link below to see my video review:

Sookie
The adaptation takes an interesting turn on the final battle of good and evil. There is a literal interpretation of good and evil and Perkins relies on classical red devil with horns vs. white and pure. The hand of god that King writes which I believe is intended to be abstract and subtle is made blatant with religious connotation.

A fitting end to a great story. Several characters come to a full circle and so does Randal Flagg. For him, it ends exactly where it started for him and he knows how i
Seth
It seems like cheating to say that I read six books here. In reality you have one single story, illustrated over six volumes. Each volume consists of approximately 120 pages of comic book form story telling. Each volume would take me approximately two hours to read and fully appreciate. In terms of actual writing content, if you read a traditional 300 page novel, I would say you probably read an equal amount of text to these six volumes.

But that isn't the reason why most readers picked up this
Julio
Apr 20, 2014 Julio rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: bd, cf, terror
Una excelente adaptación de una de las mas ambiciosas novelas de Stephen King (The Stand). Leí The Stand hace décadas, antes que hubiera ningún lugar como este para reseñarla y guardarla en la memoria. Igual mi recuerdo era que me había encantado. Así que cuando exploraba Issuee (un verdadero tesoro para BDs/Comics) y me topé con esta adaptación gráfica, era inevitable probarla. Y el resultado es excelente. El ambiente, la historia, los personajes, reflejan espectacularmente la novela original. ...more
Amanda
I enjoyed volumes 1-3 far more than volumes 4-6.
11811 (Eleven)
This final volume, as excellent as all others in the series, hints at a possible future graphic novel adaptation of 'Salem's Lot.

M-O-O-N.... That spells good times.
C
The last epic volume is now finished! It ended as well as it started. I guess the magic in the novel is the spread of Captain Trips immediately hooks and addicts you to the book, but then other problems come into play. This volume sure had a ton happening in it. I'm not sure why certain characters at the end didn't get the idea to find a snow plow to try to make it home faster. The panel that really got to me, made me tear up a little bit, was remembering all the people that had that been lost i ...more
Fizzgig76
Reprints The Stand: The Night Has Come #1-6 (October 2011-March 2012). The final battle has arrived. The forces of good and the forces of evil have gathered and now Glen Bateman, Stu Redman, Larry Underwood, and Ralph Brentner have been sent West to Las Vegas to meet Randall Flagg. Their battle will challenge the world and when they take a stand, not all of them will return.

Adapted by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, The Stand 6: The Night Has Come follows The Stand 5: No Man’s Land and is the final volu
Mike Clooney
Although the majority of Marvel's adaptation of THE STAND is very fine indeed, it sputters out just a smidge in this final installment. Where Aguirre-Sacasa's slowly-unfolding scripts for the previous volumes employed subtlety in their storytelling, this one is a little heavy-handed in its rush to denouement. Even Mike Perkins' art seems less quietly evocative and more workmanlike in this episode, but still reliably enjoyable.

The climactic "Hand of God" sequence is presented far too literally fo
Jarrod Scarbrough
The End. I always feel a bit of an emotional tug when I finish this story, and I'm glad to say that the graphic novel version is astounding! Six volumes, all full of the best moments from the book (and I loved the Stephen King "cameo" in this last volume as Rich Bachman.) So glad I had the opportunity to read these! Long live Nick!
Samra
that was such a good ending. i knew it already from the book but this really made it come alive. Flagg still creeps me out for the most part but thats a good thing when it comes to bad guys and pure-fuck-off-evil. i love the dog Kojak and enjoy when the story line is told from his perspective. So glad i bought this series!
Licha
Loved the graphic novel format of this favorite. It really did justice to the book and that seemed almost an impossible feat. This truly deserved a five-star rating, but because it's an adaptation of the original, I gave it a four. I definitely recommend this to any fan of Stephen King's book.
Fred
Stephen King when he was good and didn't write a lot of fluff. This is a good adaption of his book, although it feels a little rushed at times. Perhaps that's because I read the book many times when I was younger and I'm still familiar with the plot. The artwork is pretty decent and I'd like to see some other adaptions of King's work into graphic novels. There was one of the Talisman but it seems to have been shelved indefinitely. The Long Walk would be a great but shorter graphic novel. 'It' wo ...more
Jason
Stephen King is a magician with words and ideas. I think to read the novel in graphic novel format was indeed a good idea because I could never have stretched my imagination to the extent that the illustrators did.
Allegra Byron
Es una de las mejores adaptaciones en cómic que he leído. Genial dibujo, guión emocionante y una adaptación genial. Si te gusta Stephen King, no te lo puedes perder.
Kelli Klein
My review for this is the same as the others.

I loved how all the characters were drawn according to how King described them in The Stand. For the most part, the miniseries had been a hit and miss when it came to picking the right actor/actress to play the character. I did not like Larry Underwood in the miniseries, but I loved, loved, loved him in the novel and the graphic novels. It was extremely sad to have his life end that way. That's the only downside of this volume... him dying. My poor L
Paul
Let me be completely honest. As a writer (King not me), I'm really not that big of a fan of Stephen King novels. I'm just not that big a fan of his prose... although I admit, that the guy does have some great ideas.
However, this story makes for a great graphic novel adaptation. I remember seeing the TV mini-series of this and thinking it was pretty good (I usually DO like Stephen King story movies) and would also make a good GN.
Aguirre-Sacasa does not dissapoint, his artwork takes the story to a
Markus
The best comic book adaption of Stephen King books. 31 issues is an enough to make justice to this epic and big novel. All the great things are here, sure you can hope for more a deepness to characters, but then book is always there to go back. Mike Perkins art is just right for this (his Captain America work gave me great hope for this project). I'm also very happy that they didn't skip the 'after Vegas' story, which was best part of the book for me, and upcoming (if it's coming) movies are sur ...more
Michael Nash
Like the novel, this series closes not with a bang, but with a whimper. It was never more than an adequate adaptation, and this volume carries on that tradition, but it also has to contend with the terrible ending of the source material. No matter how big a lampshade you hand on it, deus ex machina is still deus ex machinca. Further, the denouement is just as drawn out here as in the novel (some 200 pages as I recall), with the story going on 2 issues (out of 6) after the climax. Neither of thes ...more
Holden Attradies
Still not sure how I felt about this last volume. I definitely read it faster than any of the previous ones, definitely felt my self more eager to find out what happens next. But a lot of what happened felt... I don't know. Kind of anti-climactic. Kind of confusing. I was left actually wishing I had been able to get through the book because everything seemed to make more sense and have more impact in that medium. It was just too thick to make it through... I guess at the end I'm left thinking ma ...more
David
A pretty good interpretation of Stephen King's "The Stand" in graphic novel form... I enjoyed the moniseries/movie, but as much as that differed from the book, so too does this differ from the movie and book both. I'm really enjoying going through the series (it is contained in several different volumes) and seeing what the artists have done with the characters. How they see them, in thier mind's eye. What part of the book they found more important to showcase vs the miniseries/movie... it's goo ...more
Christoph Segers
De hele reeks heeft me aangenaam verrast, maar blijft toch onder het niveau van het boek. De tekeningen zijn bijzonder, de cameo van King zelf aan het einde (als Richard Bachman :-) )is goed gevonden en het slot is bevredigend. En toch... 'De beproeving' heb ik drie keer gelezen, waarvan twee keer de 'onverkorte' versie en het blijft het boek dat ik zou meenemen naar een onbewoond eiland. De stripreeks zou ik gerust thuis kunnen laten.
Amy Gideon
A great end to the series. It's interesting to see what parts the adaptors felt were important to move the story along and retain the overall feel of the story.

Stephen King needs to stop adding himself to his work. I thought it was annoying when he added himself to the tv miniseries but seeing his likeness in a frame is just weird and distracting.
Kate
I stuck with three stars across the board for this series. The story itself is brilliant, but I wasn't a huge fan of this interpretation. It was just OK. However, if you want to remind yourself of a story you know without reading the 1000 page book or watching the 8-hour mini series, this is a good way to do that.
Cindy
The End.

This graphic novel rendition of King's masterpiece The Stand was so well done - this is vol. 6, and every volume was satisfying, interesting and well illustrated - and aren't illustrations the point of graphic novels? Well, they are to me, anyway!
Jeremy Muse
Finally done. Took me some time to pick these up again. I love Walking Dead, constantly trying to survive. The last two comics of this series were really boring. Glad I read them, going to stick with the book.
Tanya
I loved that one of the Vegas hardcases, the one who finds his conscience before the bomb goes off, was so very obviously meant to look like Stephen King. Also that they kept the last line of the book exactly as it was.
Schoki1980
Excellent end of an excellent series. Loved the illustrations, loved the texts! And since I never managed to read The Stand in its entirety, I at least know the concise version now.
Megan
Love the finale to the series - my favorite of the books. I still think the whole thing was a bit rushed, but considering how long the original book is, it's to be expected.
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Way Station
  • Wraith
  • House of M: Avengers
  • American Vampire, Vol. 5
  • The Strain Volume 2
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear
  • The Secretary of Dreams, Volume Two
  • Baltimore, Vol. 2: The Curse Bells (Baltimore, #2)

Stephen King's The Stand - Graphic Novel series (6 books)
  • The Stand: Captain Trips
  • The Stand: American Nightmares
  • The Stand: Soul Survivors
  • The Stand: Hardcases
  • The Stand, Volume 5: No Man's Land
The Stand: Captain Trips The Stand: Soul Survivors The Stand: American Nightmares Civil War: Peter Parker, Spider-Man The Stand: Hardcases