Start by marking “Hide (The Hunted #2)” as Want to Read:
Hide (The Hunted #2)

Hide (The Hunted #2)

Reid isn’t sure if he’s grateful to be alive. He’s managed to save a small group of kids from the hunters, but only by trapping them all underground without food or water or a way out. If starvation doesn’t kill them, thirst will. Still, they are out of the hunter’s reach and that’s something. Reid refuses to stop trying, even when the kids find out they aren’t alone in th ...more
224 pages
Published (first published August 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide

Lora
Sep 07, 2011 Lora added it
INITIAL NOTE: I'm not giving this a star rating yet. I'm going to wait for the rest of the series, then come back and see how it affects my perception. As it stands, I'm torn -- for the actual writing, I'd give this a solid 4; for characterisation & my enjoyment, I'd give it a 2. Hence, waiting.

The technical aspects of the writing in this are solid, like with RUN -- the pacing is excellent, the tension is high, and the combat scenes are written with precision. Ms. Larsen definitely knows how
Luna8891
Aug 07, 2012 Luna8891 rated it really liked it
Reid decides that he is sick of running. The mine is deep and there has to be a way out. This place is his ticket to freedom. Above all, it’s much safer.
But Reid has to change his plan. And once again, running becomes his only option.

After I finished reading Run, I was obsessed with getting the sequel. The first book was so well-written it left me speechless and begging for more. And Hide didn’t disappoint me at all.

I have to say, I had some doubts about the action. Why? Because the first book
T.G.
Sep 15, 2011 T.G. rated it it was amazing
While RUN, the first book in The Hunted series, takes the reader on a rollercoaster ride of fear and survival, HIDE pulls the pace back a little, and not necessarily for the best.
Reid and his troupe are tired of running, tired of being the prey, tired of being taunted by the Hunters. The next best thing is to hide.
Patti Larsen takes Reid and his band of followers on another spine-tingling, tension filled journey that will have you at the edge of your seats, screaming with frustration when you
Nicole
Aug 05, 2016 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed Hide, part two of "The Hunted" series. Picking up right where Run left off, with Reid and the rest of the kids in the mine.
I particularly enjoy the character conflicts, and how the need for survival causes the kids to make decisions on the fly. This one was hard to put down, and I am already reading the third book!
Karen
Jun 02, 2013 Karen rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, own
If you are into constant horrifying, unbelievable happenings then you will like this book. There is nothing uplifting, inspiring or character building that would make me want to recommend this book. As soon as I realized that this tragic tale goes on for two more books I decided to stop and cut my losses. The first was different so interesting but to try to keep it up for four books...well, it is too much.
PJ
Compulsively readable, as I want to know what happens next. But the writing is truly awful, the characters flat as pancakes: the girls weak, sobbing ninnies, the boys vascillating between brutish and whimpering messes. I try to feel compassion for them, but their whining just goes on and on to the point I stop caring and begin to skim...a very bad sign for me as a reader. Still, I bought the next one and will continue hoping the payoff is worth it.
Emma
Mar 23, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it
Continuing the story of Reid and his rag tag team of misfits who follow behind, the Hunters continue to torment and scare! Except this time, add in scary little black furry things and you have a new mini-villian. And EW! Liked the sequel to Run and also read this quickly. Yes, fault can be found (as with any book) but overall, I like where it takes me. Twists and turns and lots of gruesome activity. I do like characters overall and look forward to finding out what is next.
Kim
Sep 13, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
The heart-pounding chase of Run has come to an end as Reid and his friends find a hiding place.
But are they safe enough? Or are they just trapped?

The second book in "The Hunted" series takes you on a roller-coaster of emotion. Patti Larsen's writing
pulls you apart and then puts you back together again. Your heart will swell, your eyes will well with emotion.

Heart-rending and brilliantly evocative!

A must-read!
Kimberly Kinrade
Sep 13, 2011 Kimberly Kinrade rated it it was amazing
Brilliant sequel to RUN. Riveting, suspenseful, engaging and terrifying. Reid and his friends have stayed alive long enough to evade their predators. Now they must hide, and plan. But can they hide from inhuman hunters who are bred to kill? Are they really safe, or is it all a trap?

With fully fleshed out characters, well-written prose and a plot that keeps you guessing, this series is a MUST READ!
Rena
Apr 10, 2012 Rena rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first of the series. Exciting, tense, and terrifying. The mine was enough to drive me mad as I am so able to put myself into this group of kids. I love when a book can do that, and make me think of it when I not reading it. My favorite part is that the kids are so conflicted between survival of the fittest mentality vs. compassion and humanity. Excellent story, already started the next of the series, and can't wait to see where these kids end up.
Charlotte
Jul 21, 2012 Charlotte rated it liked it
I enjoyed this series it had plenty of excitement and suspense to keep me interested. I would reccomend this for older teens because of the violence and bloodshed. There is one incident of underage drinking, much blood, death, violence against children, betrayal and loss. I would say you should know the sensitivity of your child before allowing them to read this below age 15.
Deanna
Jan 26, 2015 Deanna rated it it was amazing
This story is sooooooooo good.

Terrifying, harrowing... the author does such an excellent job of building the suspense, making me care about the characters. I rooted for them to push, struggle, fight, succeed. I hurt for their losses and fears. This is the kind of book that keeps me coming back for more.
Craig D
Jun 23, 2012 Craig D rated it really liked it
In book two of the trilogy Reid and his friends are trapped in a mine. Their first issue is to get out of the mine with no food or water at their disposal. Then, they find that the hunters have found them underground. Can Reid escape the deadly game of cat and mouse?
Patti Larsen
Sep 01, 2011 Patti Larsen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For some reason, Goodreads won't import this from Amazon.com--SO if you need the link, it's:

Kellie
Mar 22, 2015 Kellie rated it it was amazing
My heart races

This series is a fast but heart pounding read. You can't stop rooting for these kids and celebrating their victories and crying at their losses. The end of Book 2 is filled with a new hope, new determination.
Christine Sigler
Oct 25, 2016 Christine Sigler rated it really liked it
It was a great book and I cannot wait till I read the third one in its series. It was suspenseful, exciting, and terrifying. The characters were all close to your heart and I could feel their pain and hope. I would recommend it to those not faint of heart.
Tara
Jun 12, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
For YA male main character this is a real good read. On to book 3
Lisa Stethem
Jul 25, 2015 Lisa Stethem rated it really liked it
I really like this series. I hope he only gets better!
P.J. Druce
Sep 12, 2011 P.J. Druce rated it it was amazing
Full review soon but for now, wow. This is a book I wish I'd written.
Heather Hedrick
Mar 04, 2015 Heather Hedrick rated it liked it
Not a bad read but not as good as the first one. It moved slowly and I felt some of it was redundant.
Debbie
Aug 05, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
another good story full of action and thrills.
Michael
Aug 04, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
I finished the second book in the series by Patti Larsen called Hide.
It was as amazing as the first book and no less thrilling. Full steam ahead as I go to the next book called Fight.
Brianna
Dec 22, 2014 Brianna rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first one. Typical dystopian YA book, paying homage to Lord of the Flies and books of that nature.
R. A. Desilets
R. A. Desilets rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Heather Majors Lippard
Heather Majors Lippard rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Elma Berry
Elma Berry rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Renee Bremer
Renee Bremer rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Athena's Promise (Aegean Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn (The Feuds, #2)
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Ashes of Foreverland (Foreverland, #3)
  • Ever Dead (A Dark Faerie Tale, #6)
  • Dark Child (the Awakening): Episode 2 (Dark Child, #1.2)
  • Avenge (Patronus, #2)
  • A Sorcerer's Christmas (White Aura, #3.5)
  • Blue Christmas: Big Girls Don't Cry Christmas Short Story (Blonde Barracuda, #1.5)
  • The Claiming
  • Her Best Friend Jon (Coach's Boys, #4)
  • Union (Guardians of the Word, #5)
  • The Crocodile's Jaws (Alice in Deadland #7)
  • In The Blood (Vampire's Witch Saga, #2)
  • Guardian Angel (Psionic Pentalogy, #5)
  • Soft Target (Major Crimes Unit #1)
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • Sweet Moon Baby: An Adoption Tale
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to ...more
More about Patti Larsen...

The Hunted (4 books)