Hide (The Hunted, #2)

Hide (The Hunted #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Reid isn’t sure if he’s grateful to be alive. He’s managed to save a small group of kids from the hunters, but only by trapping them all underground without food or water or a way out. If starvation doesn’t kill them, thirst will. Still, they are out of the hunter’s reach and that’s something. Reid refuses to stop trying, even when the kids find out they aren’t alone in th...more
147 pages
Published (first published August 30th 2011)

Lora
Sep 12, 2011 Lora added it
INITIAL NOTE: I'm not giving this a star rating yet. I'm going to wait for the rest of the series, then come back and see how it affects my perception. As it stands, I'm torn -- for the actual writing, I'd give this a solid 4; for characterisation & my enjoyment, I'd give it a 2. Hence, waiting.

The technical aspects of the writing in this are solid, like with RUN -- the pacing is excellent, the tension is high, and the combat scenes are written with precision. Ms. Larsen definitely knows how...more
Kat8891
Reid decides that he is sick of running. The mine is deep and there has to be a way out. This place is his ticket to freedom. Above all, it’s much safer.
But Reid has to change his plan. And once again, running becomes his only option.

After I finished reading Run, I was obsessed with getting the sequel. The first book was so well-written it left me speechless and begging for more. And Hide didn’t disappoint me at all.

I have to say, I had some doubts about the action. Why? Because the first book...more
T.G.
While RUN, the first book in The Hunted series, takes the reader on a rollercoaster ride of fear and survival, HIDE pulls the pace back a little, and not necessarily for the best.
Reid and his troupe are tired of running, tired of being the prey, tired of being taunted by the Hunters. The next best thing is to hide.
Patti Larsen takes Reid and his band of followers on another spine-tingling, tension filled journey that will have you at the edge of your seats, screaming with frustration when you...more
Rena
Just as good as the first of the series. Exciting, tense, and terrifying. The mine was enough to drive me mad as I am so able to put myself into this group of kids. I love when a book can do that, and make me think of it when I not reading it. My favorite part is that the kids are so conflicted between survival of the fittest mentality vs. compassion and humanity. Excellent story, already started the next of the series, and can't wait to see where these kids end up.
PJ
Compulsively readable, as I want to know what happens next. But the writing is truly awful, the characters flat as pancakes: the girls weak, sobbing ninnies, the boys vascillating between brutish and whimpering messes. I try to feel compassion for them, but their whining just goes on and on to the point I stop caring and begin to skim...a very bad sign for me as a reader. Still, I bought the next one and will continue hoping the payoff is worth it.
Kim
The heart-pounding chase of Run has come to an end as Reid and his friends find a hiding place.
But are they safe enough? Or are they just trapped?

The second book in "The Hunted" series takes you on a roller-coaster of emotion. Patti Larsen's writing
pulls you apart and then puts you back together again. Your heart will swell, your eyes will well with emotion.

Heart-rending and brilliantly evocative!

A must-read!
Karen
If you are into constant horrifying, unbelievable happenings then you will like this book. There is nothing uplifting, inspiring or character building that would make me want to recommend this book. As soon as I realized that this tragic tale goes on for two more books I decided to stop and cut my losses. The first was different so interesting but to try to keep it up for four books...well, it is too much.
Kimberly Kinrade
Brilliant sequel to RUN. Riveting, suspenseful, engaging and terrifying. Reid and his friends have stayed alive long enough to evade their predators. Now they must hide, and plan. But can they hide from inhuman hunters who are bred to kill? Are they really safe, or is it all a trap?

With fully fleshed out characters, well-written prose and a plot that keeps you guessing, this series is a MUST READ!
Tara
For YA male main character this is a real good read. On to book 3
Charlotte
I enjoyed this series it had plenty of excitement and suspense to keep me interested. I would reccomend this for older teens because of the violence and bloodshed. There is one incident of underage drinking, much blood, death, violence against children, betrayal and loss. I would say you should know the sensitivity of your child before allowing them to read this below age 15.
Craig D
In book two of the trilogy Reid and his friends are trapped in a mine. Their first issue is to get out of the mine with no food or water at their disposal. Then, they find that the hunters have found them underground. Can Reid escape the deadly game of cat and mouse?
Patti Larsen
Sep 02, 2011 Patti Larsen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For some reason, Goodreads won't import this from Amazon.com--SO if you need the link, it's:

Michael
I finished the second book in the series by Patti Larsen called Hide.
It was as amazing as the first book and no less thrilling. Full steam ahead as I go to the next book called Fight.
Roxane Gillespie
This book was as exciting as Run, its a must read as well. cant wait too read Fight next!
P.J. Druce
Full review soon but for now, wow. This is a book I wish I'd written.
Kirstin Lund
Loved this book. Hide is just as heart pounding as Run.
Melissa
Wow, this was just as good as the first! Loved it!
Debbie
another good story full of action and thrills.
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Melissa Crady
Melissa Crady marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Logan
Logan added it
Jul 06, 2014
Caol
Caol added it
Jun 24, 2014
joolz
joolz marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jun 12, 2014
Laura Dogsmom
Laura Dogsmom marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Gracie Roque
Gracie Roque marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to...more
More about Patti Larsen...
Family Magic (Hayle Coven, #1) Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven, #2) Run (The Hunted, #1) Demon Child (Hayle Coven, #3) The Wild (Hayle Coven, #4)