Start by marking “Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1)

Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  464 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Fade to Black is the debut novel by award-winning short fiction writer and journalist Morgan Kearns. It is a tempestuous and witty love story, complete with dangerous twists and turns that keep the reader guessing until the very last page. Kate Callahan is a news reporter in Salt Lake City whose life seems to be perfect. Her attentive boyfriend, Jesse Vasquez, is determine ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Morgan Kearns, via Smashwords (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fade to Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade to Black

Kristina
Morgan Kearns is the Queen of Contemporary Romance!

Seriously! I cannot remember enjoying a contemporary romance as much as I did Fade to Black! I enjoyed Morgan's Paranormal romance Heart Ache and her two PNR shorts, but FtB blows them out of the water and it was her debut novel. After finishing the novel only a few hours ago, I feel like I'm having withdraws. Imagine the joy I felt learning that Rich, Kate, Nate, and Roxy are all back in book 2. I was elated.

As stated above, Fade to Black is Mo
Gessica
This was the worst book I've ever read. Their was no proper development. The characters were not believable. Every "twist" was a cliche you expected. Don't waste your time.
Elii Vela
Lo primero que me atrajo de Fade to Black fueron los personajes. Todos, desde Kat hasta Shea, fueron personajes creíbles, humanos. Todo lo que les sucedió a lo largo de la historia, fue absolutamente real, aquí habían cosas que sólo puedes encontrar en la vida, no todo es miel sobre hojuelas. Hay sufrimiento, locura, amor y pasión.

¿Qué puede hacer una mujer que ha estado toda su vida con el hombre que ama y que la ama, si un día se da cuenta que hay otra persona que tiene la capacidad de hacerle
Nov 08, 2009 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone whose just a little bit of a romantic...it's a really amazing read!
Fade To Black - Debut Novel By Morgan Kearns

If your looking for a romance, where not to much happens and everything ends perfectly, Fade To Black is not the book your probably gonna enjoy...things happen to these very real people...

Fade to Black grabbed me from the very first sentence, "Was it possible to be perfectly content and nervous as hell all at the same time?" And did not let me go...each page, I wanted to read further, I actually MADE myself stop, sleep, stop, eat...ect. I did not want
Wanda (Good Choice Reading)
This book was sooooo good! And the author of this book is such a sweetheart. I got in contact with her through Facebook and Twitter she was so sweet. She requested I kept her informed on my reading progress. Now I must say that I read this book in less than a week. It probably would have been less than a week but I had my son at home, demanding my time and attention. But once I opened this book I literally had a hard time putting it down. And if I were sitting when I read, it would have had me a ...more
rameau
Mar 25, 2012 rameau marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: p2p
See comments.
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Review Of Fade To Black By Morgan Kearns

Paperback: 498 pages
Publisher: BookSurge Publishing (October 20, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1439255636
ISBN-13: 978-1439255636
Url: http://www.morgankearns.com/fade_to_b...
Genre: Romance / Thriller
Age: 18+ (but not so much that at mature 16+ could not read it in my opinion.
Soure: Amazon.Com (link to buy)
Blurb:

Renee
Fade to Black, the first book in Morgan Kearns series Deadlines and Diamonds, revolves around four main characters, Kate Callahan, her childhood sweetheart Jesse Vasquez, Rich Spencer, and his wife Shea. Kate and Jesse are planning to wed, eventually, but their plans are put on hold when Kate starts a new job at KHB TV. There she meets her cameraman, Rich Spencer, married to his highschool sweetheart who is not so sweet anymore. Kate and Rich are instantly attracted to each other but do not act ...more
Kara
This book is totally outside of my genre. I normally read supernatural or thrillers. This book is total romance-every now and then I have read a historical romance but this is not even that. It is pure here and now romance. It is hot. Lots of burning sex. The descriptions for the scenes were original and not super uncomfortable (no throbbing members and my hot desire etc). The reality of it is that I get bored with just romance, I guess I need more. I liked that the characters were all likeable, ...more
Tich Brewster
I review for Loves All Things Books and left this review on their page as well.

This is the first book I've read by Morgan Kearns. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it but I ended up thoroughly impressed. I felt like I was right there in the story experiencing everything. And the emotions, just...WOW! Tissues are a must when reading Fade to Black!

Georgiann Hennelly
Fade to Black grabbed me from the very first sentence. The Characters are interesting, the plot is unique, and the dialogue is fantastic. Mr Kearns , created a wonderful story full of romance, humor, and heart breaking suspense. Set against the background of the Tivi news industry.Kate the main character is torn between two men. One who she has loved for years and one who took her breathe away at first sight.Kate is a smart women who,s struggling to let her heart soar. Rich and Jesse are are bot ...more
Mell
I didn't like this. Flat characters and story. I pushed myself to keep reading and give it a chance but just could not endure. Quit around the middle.
Marcie
Fade to Black is a 'couldn't put the book down' read. This story grabbed me from the start. I loved the story line. It had mystery, romance, and humor. I found myself staying up late just to see what would happen next. This book is more than just a romance, it is also a thriller. I loved the thrilling aspect of this book. The story is fast paced and moves continually. I also loved the characters. They all bring something different to the table. Kate Callahan is the main character. She is a woman ...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.25-4.5 Stars :)

This book had me frustrated, laughing, crying, and yelling. This book had everything. We have our four main characters, Jesse, Kate, Rich and Shea. Jesse and Kate have been together for 10 years and love each other very much. Jesse, however, can be a very jealous man. Rich and Shea are married, but Shea has some psychological issues and just plain ole CAA-RAY-ZEE! Shea keeps on insisting that Rich is having extra marital affairs, which of course, Rich is not. She's psycho. Kate
Morgan

Fade to Black is a memorable and capturing adult romance. It grabbed and held my attention from the very first page; it didn’t drag. It’s also an original, complicated and emotional story.

Rich is in a horrible marriage. His wife, Shea, is psychotic and suspicious. She makes his life hell.
Kate has been dating Jesse for about 10 years. She is happy. Jesse is a good guy, but he’s jealous and very insecure at times.

Wh
Erin
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews

Kate has a great boyfriend and a wonderful new job as a news reporter. Rich is a miserable man in a horrible marriage. When the two are paired together on assignments, something happens. Rich finds a reason to smile again and K
Linda Boulanger
Morgan Kearns’ Fade to Black was a first for me by this author and I have to say I immediately ordered book two in this series because I loved this first one so much. From the believable characters and situations that take the reader inside a TV Newsroom to a story that kept me turning page after page in an attempt to find out what happened, I enjoyed it all and spent several late nights trying to get to the highly satisfactory ending. I found myself feeling for Kate in her struggle with love vs ...more
Dinjolina
Wow! Just....wow!
Adultery and the fact that it was one a twilight fanfic(this one gave me heart palpation and made me prepare for doom) aside…it was a freaky love story, but I loved how everybody was obsessed with the heroine. Maybe I have read to many Harlequins so that a heroine that is pursued-and not a pining wallflower to an alpha-is such a good experience. :)

Full review to come.
Kimberlee
I don't normally read contemporary literature, but I'm glad I read this! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Love Rich and, dare I say it, disliked Kate more than a little bit. Shocking, I know! Felt she really short-changed Rich when he was there for her. I did like the change of emotion for a character though...first like then dislike.

Don't miss this read and let me know what you think of Kate!
Melissa
I LOVED this book!

Fade to Black grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't put the book down.
I couldn't wait to see what the next turn would bring or where the characters would end up.
YES, I fell in love with Rich...
I can't wait to see what Morgan comes out with next, she has a fan that is sure to read any books she publishes... :)

Thanks, Morgan for sharing this story with us.
Anne OK
Debut book by Morgan Kearns. An extremely emotional story that is a guaranteed page-turner. Nothing like anything I've ever read before and although there was much I didn't like, there was more that captivated me and wouldn't turn loose. The subject matters covered in this book are difficult and heartwrenching. Even so, I am glad I took the chance and read "Fade to Black."
Amanda
I'm not sure why this book is loved by so many people.....I couldn't get over the fact that Rich is married and Kate is in a committed 10 year relationship. It's hard to cheer for them, and want them to get together, when they are cheating on their significant others. I don't care that the wife is psycho and the long-term boyfriend is over the top jealous. Doesn't matter. Cheating is cheating and I can't root for that.

This book was NOT for me. I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt book 2 in
Shawna LeAnn
I am going to give this book a 4.5 because jeez, it was good. There was parts where I wanted to shove some people around and yell at them, but the ending it totally and completely worth being pissed. Ups and downs and crazy people what more could you ask for in a romance? This book is just so much more than I thought it would be and I loved every second.
Leslie
Nov 05, 2009 Leslie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is wonderful. Morgan Kearn's has done an amazing job bringing her characters to life. The choice Kate has to make between Rich and Jesse is excrucitating for her and you can really feel the emotion. How do you choose between two amazing men that you love? Join Kate in her journey through heartbreak and fear and finding her true love.
Dylan
This book is captivating. Without giving away anything, I will say it is unlike any book I have read before...I had no idea how it would end. Kearns definitely invented her own style on this one. Morgan's writing comes to life and I felt like I was actually there watching the whole thing play out....
Kim
This book is hard to put down. It sucks you in from the first chapter and sticks with you long after you have read the last page. The dialog is top notch and the story is full of angst, humor and romance. I loved this book and hope Morgan keeps writing. I can't wait to read what she puts out next.
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
I cant stop thinking about Kate, Rich, and Jesse. These characters capture your heart and mind. It was an amazing love story, I cried with Kate so many times. I could really feel the characters emotion and sympathized with them all. It was well written and the story had a wonderful ending.
Laurel
Just realized that I never reviewed this book, which I read a while ago. This was a great first book for this author. The story line was complicated enough that I couldn't figure out how it was going to come together until the very end. A fun romance with many levels.
Stephanie
It's a pretty good book. It kept me interested. Some of the characters make me angry but I think that's what they were there for. Overall, the book was a good read and was a little different than the other romance books I've read.
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Gilded Cage
  • Live In Position
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Pieces of Us
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Indivisible
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Streamline
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • Black and White
  • The Way That You Play It
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • The Last Keeper (The Keepers' Chronicles #1)
Morgan Kearns is an Emmy-Nominated Journalist turned Bestselling Contemporary Romance Author with readers cheering for her Deadlines & Diamonds series.

Some of her favorite people include those who step out of her thoughts asking for their stories to be told. Grab a book and meet them today!

If not glued to her laptop, Morgan can be found with her nose stuck in a book or cheering for her own lit
More about Morgan Kearns...

Deadlines & Diamonds (7 books)
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • Out of Left Field (Deadlines & Diamonds, #3)
  • Lucky 13 (Deadlines & Diamonds, #4)
  • Hard Break (Deadlines & Diamonds, #5)
  • When at First (Deadlines & Diamonds, #6)
  • Safe at Home (Deadlines & Diamonds, #7)
In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2) Out of Left Field (Deadlines & Diamonds, #3) Lucky 13 (Deadlines & Diamonds, #4) Heart Ache (Bound by a Touch #1) Hard Break (Deadlines & Diamonds, #5)