Start by marking “Northern Fascination” as Want to Read:
Northern Fascination

Northern Fascination (Alaskan Heat #4)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Back in Georgia, Jenna Rathburne was known as just "the pretty blonde." But from crushing on the smartest boy in school (and being rejected by him) to starting her own business in Alaska, Jenna has always defied everyone's expectations. Still, when her high school crush comes to Good Riddance, Jenna knows her own expectations--and her self-control--are about to get "seriou ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Blaze (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Northern Fascination, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Northern Fascination

Penny Watson
Northern Fascination (Harlequin Blaze) by Jennifer LaBrecque

When a friend on Twitter saw this cover, she sent me a link. Alaskan setting, dude with a plaid shirt, ripped jeans, excellent scruffy beard, and a nice six-pack for good measure. The book blurb says he's a "geologist".....he sounds and looks like a rugged good time. Basically, my dream guy!

Unfortunately, this was a matter of false advertising, as well as a few other problems.....

1.) The hero is a weenie executive, not a rugged geologis
Wminbc
I love this little town...this one was a bit lower for me and I'm not sure why really...I loved Jenna in the last books, but in this one we didn't get enough of her.

There was the Nelson/Ellie story playing out and that is great and all, but with the story being about Logan and Jenna...I wanted them and more of them and more of the long awaited passion that had on hold for the past 12 (yup...12) years...Sounds like another Logan (Belong to Me by Shayla Black, which incidentally is a great read on
Marie Jermy
This book, as with the others in the Alaskan Heat series, was okay, but for a while now, I have found the Blaze line to be... well not blazing. Apparently, Blaze is Harlequin's boldest and most provocative series. But with lines like "felt as if fireworks were going off in her", "She'd read books, seen pictures but was that going to fit inside her?" (referring to the hero's cock), and "She was like a delicate flower opened before him, her petals glistening as if drenched by a summer rain" (refer ...more
Suze
I'd have this as a 3.5. Nice in that you know what you're getting read. Not too steamy.
The story line is the geeky guy who turns down shy girl when she invites him to be her date for homecoming is now the big oil guy wanting to buy the Alaskan village where she now lives in order to mine the gold under it.
I didnt really get into the story line - more interested in the Nelson and Ellie story prompts, ready for the next book in the series! Also, I was travelling so only getting snatches of time to
Tremont G
Corny, unbelievable at times, but still a quick fun read.
Kate
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars

I liked this book, but it had more in common with the Desire line than Blaze. In fact, this is the first Blaze I've come across the included the (view spoiler) or (view spoiler) trope. I don't have issue with these tropes in general, but it's not what I expect from Blaze.
RJ Hewson
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this series when it started and have been dying for it to continue. I'm so glad that Jenna has gotten her happy ending!!! I'm gagging to read Nelson's story though!!! :)
Tricia
#4 in the Alaskan Heat Series (Jennifer LaBrecque) was not as good as the first 3 in the series. I liked it but it just didn't have the same interest as the others.
Syntax787
oh the sappiness of it all lol
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alaskan Heat
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Kim
Kim added it
Apr 23, 2015
Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Hélène
Hélène marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
S.l.
S.l. added it
Jan 02, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Willow Bark
Willow Bark marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...

Alaskan Heat (6 books)
  • Northern Exposure
  • Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)
  • Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)
  • Northern Fires
  • Northern Renegade
Triple Threat Ripped! Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262) Northern Exposure In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)