Start by marking “The Real Men in Black” as Want to Read:
The Real Men in Black

Nick Redfern

The Real Men in Black

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  16 reviews
s/t: Evidence, Famous Cases, and True Stories of These Mysterious Men and their Connection to UFO Phenomena
The Men in Black were elevated to superstar status in 1997 in the hit movie of the same name. Although the Hollywood blockbuster was fiction, the real Men in Black have consistently attempted to silence the witnesses of UFO and paranormal phenomena since the 1950s.

In
Published June 11th 2011 by Career Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Real Men in Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Men in Black

Samuel
Every now and then, I like a good UFO/conspiracy book. Generally, it's amazing that they can write so much and say so little.

This book actually says something, or tries to. Recounting lots of anecdotal evidence, sprinkled with a few photos and some official documentation, Redfern does a pretty good job of explaining the origins of the "Men in Black" phenomena and giving several possibilities for what has actually gone on.

Now, if you're like me, you never knew there really are (supposedly) "Men i
B.M.B. Johnson
Throughout the book, I had trouble trying to decide what exactly was the author's view of these mysterious Men in Black. I'm sure that Nick Redfern was contracted to write this book, and probably didn't have a particular view one way or the other, though it seems to me that when one approaches a subject like this it might be best to not keep ones thoughts on a subject (which one is devoting some time to) to be quite so ambiguous.

Also, on the onset it seems that the first two people to ever have
Charlene
Okay where to begin. I thought it would be interesting to read about "The Real Men in Black" I figured that it would lend some diverting info into the satirical movie version. Well you can see where the movie came up with there plot reading this book but the way some of the info is presented it was just boring and just a little dijointed for me. I know the author was trying to give important info that is factual and also debunk some myths. I guess it just seemed that the info was much better see ...more
William
A thorough researcher who provides good anecdotal evidence.
Very interesting to read.
Makes you think...
Derek
Not as compelling, IMO, as his Body Snatchers in the Desert. In this book, Redfern seems to recognize that he doesn't have enough evidence to make a persuasive argument in favor of any particular interpretation of the "Men in Black" phenomenon, so he sort of promotes all of them at once. Unfortunately, other than a few vague anecdotes, some of which can definitely be taken very innocuously, I didn't encounter much new information in this one...
Skye
The book was very good and well written (despite the overdose of too many lame redundant puns on MIB and "getting back to the story"). Some of the hypotheses were so far fetched and should've been omitted. The whole Tulsa thing is flawed and sounds more like Bender's hallucinations and just schizophrenic behavior in general.

Good read though. Hated skimming chapters but in order to hold my interest, it had to be done.
Harrison
Some good case studies and anecdotes about Bender/Barker/Keel, some ridiculously juvenile wiseacring on Redfern's part (and some of his quoted sources), balanced with sometimes insightful speculation on the parts of Colin Bennet, Ray Boeche, and Joshua Warren. I'm ambivalent with Redfern's pulp writing style, though.
Anna
This guy is such a thorough researcher. The amount of research conducted is incredible.Have heard him guest on radio programes, and he really knows his stuff.

Would have liked more examples however and more substantiated cases and examples.
Roger L.
While the evidence and stories are amusing and some of the theories are credible, the writing is a little too casual for my liking.
Sabra
Badly written, but I forced myself to finish. Now I wish I hadn't bothered.
Jermajesty

Not entertaining trash (as I'd hoped), just trash. Oh well.
Alex
Poor writing style and could have been fifty pages shorter.
Ray Gonzales
Fun book, just wish it had more.
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Lynn B. Powell
Lynn B. Powell is currently reading it
May 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Krysten
Krysten marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Jackie Lantern
Jackie Lantern marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Michaela Dunaway
Michaela Dunaway marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • PSI Spies: The True Story of America's Psychic Warfare Program
  • UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record
  • Gods of Eden
  • A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact
  • Earth: An Alien Enterprise: The Shocking Truth Behind the Greatest Cover-up in Human History
  • The SS Brotherhood of the Bell: The Nazis' Incredible Secret Technology
  • Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Operation Trojan Horse
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • The Vengeful Djinn: Unveiling the Hidden Agenda of Genies
  • Mirage Men: An Adventure into Paranoia, Espionage, Psychological Warfare, and UFOs
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • Who Built the Moon?
  • Odyssey of the Gods: The Alien History of Ancient Greece
  • Charles Fort: The Man Who Invented the Supernatural
  • Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald The Dawn Of TechnoDimensional Spiritual Warfare
  • Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults
5612029
Nick Redfern is a British best-selling author, Ufologist and Cryptozoologist who has been an active advocate of official disclosure, and has worked to uncover thousands of pages of previously-classified Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and Ministry of Defence files on UFOs dating from the Second World War from the Public Record Office.

He has has appeared on a variety of television programmes in the
More about Nick Redfern...
Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs & Ape-men Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about Memoirs of a Monster Hunter: A Five-Year Journey in Search of the Unknown The Pyramids & the Pentagon: The Government's Top Secret Pursuit of Mystical Relics, Ancient Astronauts & Lost Civilizations There's Something in the Woods