Start by marking “The Lazy Couponer: How to Save $25,000 Per Year in Just 45 Minutes Per Week with No Stockpiling, No Item Tracking, and No Sales Chasing!” as Want to Read:

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  25 reviews
OC Have you ever received a standing ovation at the cash register? I have.OCOOCoJamie Chase

If youOCOve ever felt overwhelmed by the world of couponsOCoand guilty that you canOCOt seem to nail the OC systemOCO to save moneyOCokick back with Jamie Chase, couponing teacher and savvy shopper whom Brian Williams of NBCOCOs "Nightly News" dubbed OC the Master.OCO
The system is s
Published September 1st 2011 by Running Press Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Lazy Couponer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lazy Couponer

Frank
Good book for someone who hasn't been couponing for long. I was grateful to see a book on couponing that doesn't advocate stockpiling! The book does outline some good strategies for the beginner that don't require lots of time. If you've seen people on TV who spend 40hrs a week dealing with coupons - don't worry, that's not what this book is about. If you're been couponing for a while, there may not be a lot of useful information in this book. What I got out of it was a nicely summarized section ...more
I've read a lot of these books, and this is the most practical and accessible. She preaches a few techniques that can save you money off your grocery bill, while only spending an hour a week. She's very refreshing in the sense that she's against stockpiling, focusing only on buying what you'll need or use within six months. And she's very relaxed as far as monitoring sale cycles - while you may not want to stockpile just because there's a sale, if you're out of something and know there will be a ...more
Mandy
I thought with lazy in the title this might be a couponing book I could get behind. But she's still checking multiple sites, shopping multiple stores and carrying around a coupon binder. Maybe I'm more lazy than her version of lazy - because that still sounds like a LOT of work to me.
Denise
The sub-title of this book is How to save over $25,000 per year in just 45 minutes each week. I had to read it. To start with I don't spend that much in a year on things that you would use a coupon when buying. I did get a few ideas but there were some things that Ms. Chase suggests that I felt were a little shady. For instance, if you are buying something that is Buy One Get One Free she suggests that you can use 2 coupons one for the one that you are buying and one toward the free one. She rea ...more
Nichole
There wasn't a whole lot in this book that I didn't already know, but I still enjoyed it. For the person just starting out I think this book would be overwhelming and maybe hard to follow. The book begins with learning the coupon language and there is a somewhat complicated table rightaway on page 14 of the book. There is a abbreviation and key term cheat sheet which would have been nice in a format that you could easily tear out of the book and/or photocopy. Starting on/around page 130 I do lik ...more
Mulligatawney Thursdays
I would have rated this slightly higher but for the story about how she randomly needed toilet paper and trash bags at CVS and off the cuff put together a shopping list IN STORE and got a portable DVD player for free. Maybe good luck type things can happen, but the tone throughout this book is that they can happen every time (omgyay!) and just no. No, that cannot happen every shopping trip, no. Up until then I felt this was a good book as a refresher. The advice is available for free on various ...more
Kirsten
After reading this I seriously spent 45 minutes and then saved 50% on my next grocery shopping trip. I always thought couponing was for crazies, but it seriously is fun and easy, especially if you do it like this.
It was easy enough to read and understand... the jury is still out on whether her method works for someone who's never had the patience for couponing before. I'm going to give it a serious try though. TBD.
Jodi
I thought that this book was amazing. I have been reading several. This one walked you through the terminology that you can find on different websites. I had no idea how important that was. I had seen them list how to coupon but it did not entirely make sense. This was a very informative book that will defenitely help. She talks about not clipping anything until right before you shop and then only clipping the ones that you will use that day. I love that idea. I spent almost two hours this week ...more
Patricia
This women is seemingly local to MA which is fun, but overall I didn't learn much from this book - that is not to say there isn't value in this read but if you've read enough blogs about couponing etc, that this is probably well tread territory. If you are looking to start using coupons this is a great place to start.
Ashley
For me, this was like the quick read-through version of a "couponing for beginners" class. I found the explanations of all the couponing terms to be simple & easy to understand, and the real-life examples she used to illustrate different types of deals she got were equally understandable and easy to follow.
Alicia
I liked this couponing book more than others I have read and I think it would become a reread in a few months if I ever need a little refresher course on stacking coupons, etc. I really liked the chapter on drugstores which is why I chose to read the book to begin with.
Diane
I think there is some useful information in here but like much of the information I've read on couponing, I think there is an element of just doing it to completely understand what the author is using for examples. It's a worthwhile read.
Heather
I have used coupons for year, but I am learning new things by reading this. I checked this book out from the library and it is due so I need to turn it in, but I will be checking it out again to go over the ideas again.
Alyssa Heller
I used to coupon big, until Extreme Couponing show on TLC forces most of the stores to change their coupon policies dramatically. SO this book is good for newbies, but I already knew everyting this book offered.
Diana
I loved this book! Very simple and informative! I appreciate the way she breaks it down for you to understand. However, I beg to differ her referring to herself as lazy! Couponing is still a lot of work!
Stacey
If you are new to couponing or just looking for additional tips and suggestions, you should check out this book. I learned many new things and got some great ideas for ways to improve saving money.
Jan
Lots of good information. I don't think I learned anything that I didn't already know from reading Mashup Mom's book, but a good book to check out if you love a good deal.
Good book for someone who is just getting into coupons. But for someone like myself who has been couponing, there really wasn't any new information.
Kathryn
Very concise and a great reference! Explains how to coupon without being a total freak/hoarder. I think I will refer to it weekly!
Clarissa
it was full of good advice....but mostly stuff I already knew....kind of a bummer thought it would help me save more money!
Theresa
This is a great introduction to the world of couponing. She gives some good tips to help you save time and energy.
Alisha
If you have never used a coupon before, it is OK...
Julie
Good information. Good ideas.
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Desire: Where Sex Meets Addiction
  • I Am My Mother's Daughter: Making Peace With Mom--Before It's Too Late
  • Hidden Struggles: Purity, God, Guys and Life
  • Ideaspotting: How to Find Your Next Great Idea
  • Ping: Perjalanan Seekor Katak Mencari Kolam Baru
  • Pull: The Power of the Semantic Web to Transform Your Business
  • Never Get a “Real” Job: How to Dump Your Boss, Build a Business and Not Go Broke
  • What Is Six SIGMA?
  • Alignment: Using the Balanced Scorecard to Create Corporate Synergies
  • Convince Them in 90 Seconds or Less: Make Instant Connections That Pay Off in Business and in Life
  • The Greatness Guide: One of the World's Top Success Coaches Shares His Secrets for Personal and Business Mastery
  • A Class with Drucker: The Lost Lessons of the World's Greatest Management Teacher
  • Little Platinum Book of Cha-Ching: 32.5 Strategies to Ring Your Own (Cash) Register in Business and Personal Success
  • Theology of the Body for Beginners: A Basic Introduction to Pope John Paul II's Sexual Revolution
  • Brain Power: Improve Your Mind as You Age
  • Power Friending: Demystifying Social Media to Grow Your Business
  • Logistics & Supply Chain Management: Creating Value-Adding Networks
  • Donny Deutsch's Big Idea: How To Make Your Entrepreneurial Dreams Come True, From The AHA Moment To Your First Million
Muse The Hound of the Baskervilles (Graphic Revolve (Graphic Novels)) GHOST GAL: The Wild Hunt My Early Crimes