Start by marking “Ordinary Angels” as Want to Read:
Ordinary Angels

Ordinary Angels

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Ordinary Angels - A Paranormal Urban Fantasy:

Most of Zoë's friends are dead, but she doesn't mind because they died long before she met them. Then one Tuesday night an angel takes her salsa dancing and turns her world upside down.

Grim reality closes in when she discovers a body in her company's boiler room and Higher Angels accuse her best ghost friend of murder. Knowing
Published August 31st 2011 by Trindlemoss Publishing (first published April 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ordinary Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ordinary Angels

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Sapphire Talisman by Brenda PandosThe Onyx Talisman by Brenda PandosEvergreen by Brenda PandosEverblue by Brenda Pandos
KindleGraph
22nd out of 37 books — 4 voters
Plague of Angels by John Patrick KennedyRhapsody by Rosalind ScarlettAngels' Blood by Nalini SinghHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickAscension by Caris Roane
Angelic Romance
55th out of 102 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Talli Roland
With a smart sassy heroine, sexy angels and a fast-paced plot, India Drummond's "Ordinary Angels" is a heavenly read.

Zoe sees dead people. But for her, they're more than just visions -- they're her friends. So when one of them goes missing amidst an accusation of murder, Zoe can't help but get involved. From start to finish, Drummond effortlessly creates an intiguing world with necromancers and angelic orders I easily fell into. Mix in Zoe's romance with an angel even the devil couldn't resist
Mollie
I'm not usually into paranormal romances, or paranormal anything, really. But this novel changed my mind. If you want a fun, sexy read, this book is for you. I am still thinking about some of these images. The characters are unforgettable. Looking forward to more from Ms. Drummond.
Sarah Snyder
Although ghosts and angels have been done before, Drummond finds a way to keep things fresh and bring something new to the table. This is mainly accomplished through the main character, Zoey.

Zoey is an intelligent, witty and sassy heroine with a great deal of spunk. She knows her limits and she doesn’t overestimate herself. She isn’t afraid to ask for help and isn’t always jumping to conclusions – which sets her apart from most heroines in this genre. She is also more kind than cut throat, which
Susanne
Perfection!

OMG - this book was so good! I found it for free in kindle store - and I cannot believe it. I would gladly have paid full price - it was utterly amazing! This book cannot be explained, it has to be experienced. Nevertheless, I cannot help gushing over this book.

I have a major crush on Alexander and would love to be best friend with Zoë but most of all I just love them together and root for their HEA. Judging from this book, they will probably have more enjoyable adventures before that
Yodamom
it was pretty good. 3.4 stars. It has come character inconsistencies that rattled a bit but the story was interesting and fresh. The major problem for me was how the main character switched from her "i can't even_____" to "oh well" in seconds. The ending left me wanting more but not right away. I would recommend it for a light mystery, paranormal read.

The story revolves around young woman who has always been able to see the dead. She has made several of them her friends. One day she meets and an
For Books' Sake
"Nigh on impossible to put down and provided a good distraction from the stresses and strains of city life. The language is fun, easy to follow and so descriptive that it wouldn’t take much to turn it into a screen play. The movie would probably have an age restriction, though!"

(Excerpt from full review of Ordinary Angels at For Books' Sake)
Goddess
I read this and was amazed that it didn't feature a 500 year old vampire full of angst and darkness in his soul waiting for his Soul Mate... This is unique for a para-rom, its sweet and you will enjoy it.
Andrea Guy
Ordinary Angels is a rare and wonderful thing. It is a mixture of several genres, paranormal, romance and mystery.

India Drummond creates a world of Angels and Spirits that everyone will want to be part of. Zoe is one of those characters that will win over hearts. She's quirky and funny. At times she reminds me of Stephanie Plum at her best, but the trouble she finds is a little more exciting.

The rest of the cast of characters are just as interesting, from the angels to the spirits. I particular
Rebecca Bradley

Although most of Zoe Pendergraft's friends are dead, that means nothing to her. After all, they died long before she meet them. What does matter is the angel who took her dancing and turned her world upside down.
But grim reality intrudes when she finds a body, and the Higher Angels accuse her of the murder.
Knowing she's the only one who can stand against the Higher Angels, Zoe uses any means necessary to save her friend all the while, wondering if the tempestuous love she's feeling is real.
The
Kt
Zoe has always kept herself a little apart from others, well at least the living ones. She has the rare ability to see and communicate with ghosts, making them her best friends and normal people thinking she is crazy. Her life takes an interesting turn when an angel named Alexander shows up. She knows from the start he isn't human but finds herself drawn to him anyway. When she stumbles across a body at her work place, her best-friend, a ghost, is accused of the murder. Zoe quickly gets wrapped ...more
Rebecca
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Zoe talks to dead people. To be more specific she talks to the spirits of dead people who have not yet moved on. This allows her to feel comfortable with the unusual events in her life, such a sharing a house with a her dead grandmother. One thing it doesn’t prepare her for is looking up from her desk to discover that the new office mailman is an angel. A really gorgeous angel.

Alexander has interfered with the mailman’s life so must t
Audra (Unabridged Chick)
This quick, fun read combines angels and a girl who can see the dead in an inventive and enjoyable supernatural thriller/romance. I was a little hesitant about how both twists would be handled but Drummond manages it beautifully, creating a cute romance and a nice mystery and some fantastic characters. The lore about angels that I'm familiar with is twisted and turned edgier and a lot more interesting (I don't want to give anything away but I'll admit her version of guardian angels has me a bit ...more
K.C.
Let's see.. how should i start....

well, i'm pretty sure I like this book but it confuses me to hell... the book plot is very unique and interesting but it is highly fast-paced... there is lots and lots and LOTS going on in a single book. I still feel a little blur after the book is done... I'm pretty sure the whole plot in this book can strench into at least 3 books... and there is still lots of potential story going on as well...

because i actually like it, i would give in a 3 stars.
Len
I remember watching the film, 'Date with an Angel' when I was a teenager and when I started reading Ordinary Angels, I was thinking of this film. I didn't know that India Drummond has created an even more beautiful love story. If you fell in love with a wizard and a vampire, I promise you, you will fall in love with an angel.

The love between Zoe and Alexander will melt your heart like it did mine. I fell in love with each intimate scene between them two. It has got an interesting plot. You woul
Linda Lonetto
loved this book but found nowhere if there will be a sequel and looks like it was written in 2011!!Inquiring minds need to know what happens to Zoe,Alexander and co.Very well written and thoughtful insights on those darn angels or are they? Ordinary Angels is by India Drummond,who if you are not on social media is hard to contact.
R. Wheeler
I fell in love with India's voice in her first novel I read, and ORDINARY ANGELS propelled her skyward in my reckoning. OA is a pleasant read, in that you relax and follow her colorful and lovely characters without the anxiety you tread forward with in a James Bucher novel, say. India excels in her characters, which is what I read for. I loved Cloe. I pictured her as a cross between the medium on BEING HUMAN and Penny of BIG BANG THEORY. Inhibited (okay…that isn't Penny), not incredibly socially ...more
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
This was a very well written début novel by India Drummond and it was a pure delight to read. Ms Drummond has a way of making mundane sentences sound beautiful and puts a new spin on the phrase "I see dead people"!

This novel has some fascinating mythological dynamics that pull you in from the get go. With fresh ideas and a great heroine who's life gets even more complicated when she goes on a date with an Angel.

My only complaint is that the book lost me here and there when my mind would drift,
Matt Kelland
I'll be honest. I don't like paranormal romance, and I think it's a tired, overworked genre. I only read this because India's a friend, and I wanted to see what she'd been writing.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't just a typical story about swooning over not-as-evil-as-they're-made-out-to-be vampires or my-love-can-heal-his-eternal-pain ghosts. It was funny, original, and well written, with characters who were amusing and witty. Yes, it's definitely in the "chick lit" category, as
Lisa Swanepoel
I really enjoy India Drummond. This book is no exception, well written with strong characters and an interesting story line.
Lori Peterson
GREAT START

I really like this book. Zoe is a very interesting character and I can't wait to see how she develops in this series..
Lori Green
I would reccomend this book, without question. I love stories with angels and that create a mythos that works and Ms. Drummond did that in this book.

I liked the heroine Zoe and her ability to think. She didn't just react to events but used her brains and became a woman one could admire.

I would have liked more explanation into the mythos of angels that Ms. Drummond was working with but I have a feeling there might be another book one day which will give us more.
Penney
The best way I could describe this author's writing style is immature, I didn't feel any real life experience or truth in her writing at all. Some amount of "truth" is imperative in a pnr novel, otherwise it just sounds silly. It was as if a high school student, whose only life experience came from books, decided to try her hand at writing and was lucky enough to get published. I commend the effort, but there's a lot of work that needs to be done here.
Jamie
This book reminded me of a ghost story. It has good parts and bad parts ... but I'm not all that thrilled with the writing and the way the story is told. I have read Blood Faerie by India Drummond and thought it was much better all around.
Wendy Schuffert
I accidently bought this by mistake. I actually was going to try a sample of it, but I bought it and didn't realize it, but I ended up loving it. I couldn't put it down. It was good on the nights I couldn't sleep because it was too hot to sleep. I loved this book and I must say I thought Alexander would end up my favorite character, but it was Thomas who ended up becoming my fave Free Angel. I love him. I would so recommend this book.
Turtles
The beginning writing style started out silted, and a little strange. And either it stopped a third of the way through, or I quit noticing it. This was cheesy in the beginning including some insta-love, but I really enjoyed the heroine and the Angel hierarchy. The cover and summary made it seem like a fantasy Meg Cabot book, but it was not YA (heroine was in her 20s) and the subject matter was deeper than you see in those.
Sarah Ketley
Fantastic and easy to read. What an interesting take on supernatural themes. The way that the Angels were portrayed and the detail they were described in really made the story. It was such a different take and it just worked.

The suspense and mystery in the book was well played and it was balanced by a steamy hot romance. Alexander could be MY guardian Angel any day!!!

Highly recommend this book.

Maera Fey
A nice entertaining story. It's not a WOW novel but it's quite alright. Nice cast of characters, interesting plot. I would have liked a bit more insight into this whole "angel" world. I quite liked the ending. It makes me want to continue reading without quite ending in a cliffhanger.

All in all, a good book.
Glynis Smy
The author has crafted a well written, interesting story. Angels with sex appeal, a young woman who can see the dead and murder accusation all add to the appeal of this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and look forward to more from India Drummond.
Sheena
The book had a good story line but dragged. It might be that I'm use to a faster pace book. Zoe is just a secretary. That speaks to spirits that haven't. Moved on. When she meets an angel her life becomes in danger but also filled with love.
  • Demon Hunter and Baby (Aisling McKay, #1)
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Spellbound
  • Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm, #1)
  • His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2)
  • Cattitude
  • Angel Fire (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Bad Radio (Emergent Earth, #1)
  • Bound By Blood
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)
  • Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)
  • Devil's Hand (Drawing Thin, #1)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Somebody tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (ToadWitch, #1)
  • Dream Walker (Paperback)
Readers should feel free to contact me via my website.
More about India Drummond...
Blood Faerie (Caledonia Fae, #1) Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, #2) Enemy of the Fae (Caledonia Fae, #3) Druid Lords (Caledonia Fae, #4) Elder Druid (Caledonia Fae, #5)

“The part she hated most in mystery novels was where someone had a key piece of information but didn’t tell anyone. That was always the precise moment that got conked on the head and thrown into a ditch. Obviously she had to tell someone, and quickly.” 2 likes
“She hadn’t planned any of this, but her thoughts ran away with her, and she hated how pathetic she must sound. Poor little human needed the big bad angel to rescue her. Yuck.” 1 likes