Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)

Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Chained To Yesterday When tragedy struck and Gracie Lang lost everything, her faith crumbled, and nothing but the drive for justice propelled her forward. But after two years of dead-end searching
Published April 17th 2007 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about Ransomed Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransomed Dreams

Katrina Burchett
Gracie Lang is a happily married woman and the mother of two. But then tragedy strikes and she loses her family because of a drunk driver. She's determined to find the man who killed her precious loved ones so that he will be made to pay for his senseless crime. Time goes by, but she does not give up even when others feel her quest for justice is a waste of time. She's angry at God for what happened but despite what she feels she does her best to keep trusting in Him... one day at a time. When i...more
Tamara
RANSOMED DREAMS by Amy Wallace is a heart-wrenching story of Gracie Long and the tragedy that has forever changed her life. Justice is the only thing that really fuels Gracie, and even after two years of no answers, she is committed to finding out the truth and see to it that someone pays for all that she has lost.
FBI Agent Steven Kessler happens to cross paths with Gracie Long when he finds out his son will be in her class at the elite Hope Ridge Academy. Gracie teaches at a school for the chil...more
Alexi
Ransomed Dreams is a solid, enjoyable read.

I'll be honest—I'm not generally a fan of Christian novels. While I appreciate the focus on God and the redeeming elements, far too often they are unbearably pedantic in tone and formulaic in plot. Ransomed Dreams, though, managed to dodge—or at least minimize—many of those pitfalls. It definitely had its flaws, but it was a touching story, and I'm glad I read it.

Let's start with the bad.

1. To be honest, Steven and Gracie might have been snatched...more
Michelle
Ransomed Dreams has a gut-wrenching beginning. I cried when Gracie's family was wiped out in a tragic car accident. In fact, I needed a breather from the story because it made me so sad. Then I picked up the story again and the action pulled me right back in. Gracie's quest to determine who killed her family intersected with Steven's case--the plot to kidnap the British ambassador's daughter. Several points of view showed a variety of perspectives, all of which increased the tension in the story...more
Margaret
Oct 17, 2012 Margaret rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like Karen Ball and other edgy storylines
Recommended to Margaret by: ACFW
I have to start this review with my disclaimer as I do for many.. I just do not really like the "real" contemporary fiction books, they are not my "escape". With that said, when I started this book it was just so real and heart wrenching that I was going to put it back and not even try to read it. But, I couldn't. No matter how bad I was feeling and the facts of the storyline depressing, I just had to know what happened. I couldn't put it down and had to find out what would happen to Gracie and...more
Sheri Salatin
Gracie Lang loses everything when a drunk driver takes the life of her precious family. As a grieving widow and mother, she is determined to find the one who ruined her life and make him pay.

What she doesn't realize is that the one who took the life of her family is now following her too!

FBI Agent, Steven Kessler works for the Crimes Against Children Unit. He spends his days rescuing children and caring for 5 year-old son. Steven meets Gracie when he enrolls his son into her Kindergarten class.

A...more
pam
May 09, 2011 pam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
i did like this book the last half of the book was a page turner to me. The first part of the book i got confused on who was who, but near the end it was more clear.
I really felt sad for Gracie her family died in a car accident and she struggled with god in why she was not in the car with them. She wanted justic in finding who killed her family. Then she meets Steven his little boy is in her class at school. He has struggles of is own his ex-wife came back to claim her son after 5 years.
This...more
ChrisGA
Christian suspense thriller featuring first grade teacher whose family was killed by drunk driver and FBI Crimes Against Children agent who has been raising his son as a single father after his wife abandoned both of them shortly after the birth. Lots of angst and inner struggles as they try to deal with their pasts with forgiveness rather than revenge. Loved the image of a newborn in God's strong but gentle hands.
Mary Allen
This romantic suspense is going to wrap itself and its characters around your world. Amy Wallace has what it takes to keep you hoping, smiling, and tearing up till the very last page.
Read my review of it:
Christy
An entertaining, fast-paced, suspenseful mystery read with a valuable message of hope, forgiveness and letting go of bitterness.
I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this Defenders of Hope series with Clint and Sara's story.

Fran Whitten
This is a series I read last year before I became a member of GOODREADS.
All 3 books were excellent. Filled with real human interest, action and adversity.
I am glad to own the Defenders of Hope series.
Lola
Excellent book. I loved that I still got the mystery and suspence and romance but also gained some good bible knowledge. The discussion questions really envoked some good bible study. I loved it.
Melissa
First book in a series focusing on FBI agents and their families. Excellent book! Read it in a couple of days!
Wendy
a great story. Will have you thinking and wondering just how you'd react. Highly recommended.
Julie Meitzler
Good characters, sometimes hard to follow, but fun to read!
Angel G
Dec 05, 2008 Angel G marked it as to-read
She is a dear friend and a great writer!
Elaine
Oct 10, 2009 Elaine added it
Tammy Wooding
Tammy Wooding marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
kstanton
kstanton marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Amy Wallace is a wife, homeschool mom of three, writer, speaker, Bible study leader, and avid chocoholic.

She loves crafting high-action suspense that delves deep into heart issues, but who she really is can be summed up in a few short words: Amy is a daughter of the King learning to live and love with laughter.

Amy is the author of Ransomed Dreams, Healing Promises, and Enduring Justice (The Defe...more
More about Amy Wallace...
Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2) Enduring Justice (Defenders of Hope #3) Hiding in Plain Sight (Place of Refuge #1) Nowhere to Run (Place of Refuge #2)