Loose Connections

Loose Connections

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Mother-of-two Rosemary is a woman under pressure. With two difficult teenaged children, a distant husband and a busy job, the stress is mounting. The loss of her internet connection pushes her over the edge. After waiting a month and two failed attempts to fix the problem, a third repair man arrives.

When he too says he can't get her back online, his incompetence forces Ros...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Cheever Publishing (first published February 15th 2010)

Sheli
I read this book really quickly and really enjoyed it.

Rachel Tresize is a local writer and I thought this short story was the perfect opportunity to try her work.

I'm glad I did as this story was fast paced, witty and very dark. It is about a woman who has heen having issues with her internet connection and is a bit on the edge for reasons which unfold. These reasons become apparent when she has to deal with one repairman too many who has the unfortunate pleasure of being at the receiving end of...more
Booksdingle
quite an odd book, but a short story that is fairly gripping none the less - I would like to read more of this author as she is Welsh and around my age - would like to see her spin on what goes on in Wales!
Jo Simmonds
Quite a lacklustre start for the first chapter - but getting into the swing of it. Not sure I've read such a staid start to quite a spicy story before!
Liz
Liz added it
Jul 13, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2013
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
In and Out of the Goldfish Bowl Fresh Apples Sixteen Shades of Crazy Dial M for Merthyr Cosmic Latte