Start by marking “The Question Book: What Makes You Tick?” as Want to Read:
The Question Book: What Makes You Tick?

The Question Book: What Makes You Tick?

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  118 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
What would be your ideal job if you didn't have to worry about money? What are you afraid of? In this handbook to your own life and work, there are no right or wrong answers: only honest ones. It features sections on subjects everyone can relate to, from the professional (work and finance), to the personal (sex and relationships).
Published January 1st 2012 by Profile Books(GB) (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Question Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Question Book

Mateja
Mar 15, 2012 Mateja rated it it was amazing
Tough questions you were always afraid to ask... yourself.
Khalid Almoghrabi
Oct 19, 2015 Khalid Almoghrabi rated it it was ok
A mirror of question for self-assessment. It could be much better with analysis and advices to add to this small book
Nakul Shenoy
Jan 14, 2015 Nakul Shenoy rated it liked it
Sticking with my love for simple, small, "pocket" books, I recently found a set of three that are definitely worth more than one read: Michael Krogerus & Roman Tschäppeler's The Decision Book, The Change Book, & The Question Book.

Each of these espouse 50 Models that make you ponder on the everyday aspects of life. My personal favourite among the three (and each of them is good!) is The Change Book, which vies to explain "how things happen".

Try it. I know you will enjoy it.
Andrea James
Nov 01, 2014 Andrea James rated it it was ok
Shelves: general
I bought this book mainly because I was interested in the authors' decision-making questions. The positive aspect of the book is that it makes you take the time to ask yourself things that you may take for granted or of which you may take little notice, such as "2 compliments that you often get" or "what have you struggled with in the past but learnt to live with".

But in the main, the questions relied too much on self-assessment and most of us are quite judges of our own and other peoples' chara
Vaish
Nov 29, 2015 Vaish rated it really liked it
The one word that describes this book must be "brilliance". You discover so much about yourself while reading this book answering these questions. Obviously I haven't answered all of them yet, I've got too much fun with this book to already finish this, but I already wanted to do the review.
Jason
Nov 01, 2014 Jason rated it liked it
Reading this one is easy. It's writing the replies that's the interesting part.
But definitely a good try at asking those questions that we should ask ourselves, and ask anyone we truly want to know. Wld probably be interesting to see how the answers change over time.
Ultimately, asking the questions and the process of looking for the answers are greater than actually finding said answers.
Maria Espadinha
May 26, 2016 Maria Espadinha rated it liked it
Auto Diagnóstico e Cura

O que nos faz falta?

O que dispensamos?

O que podemos optimizar?

Para encontrar as respostas certas à que formular as perguntas certas. Só assim é possível aguçar a consciência sobre nós mesmos e melhorar as nossas vidas!...

Nota:Para quem preferir , existe uma edição em português intitulada "O Livro das Perguntas"
Laurie
Mar 18, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

once I got writing answering the Lists of Questions, there was no stopping me. First. day I reviewed the boo,,,,the next few I began my writings.

I enjoyed this book as it was as though I was journaling, which is where it I going!

NOTE: I won this book in a contest, that I don't remember entering which it was, from Regal Literary on March 10 2014
Shankar
Apr 21, 2014 Shankar rated it really liked it
Buy a few copies. Fill them once every year. And then read the ones that you filled the previous year.

As the book states, there is no right or wrong answer. Only honest ones. Be prepared to face some tough questions. You'll be surprised about yourself.
Najeeba Amin
Jan 17, 2015 Najeeba Amin rated it it was amazing
It had opened my eyes on my life ,, and about some of the people in my life ... How sad I'm now because I didn't questioned myself those questions before ... :(
Simon Russell
Apr 11, 2016 Simon Russell rated it liked it
Interesting list of questions but no guidance on meaning. Implies you find your own meaning. Fairly generic list.
Aaron Wong
Apr 18, 2014 Aaron Wong rated it really liked it
This is useful for any icebreaker you're planning, or just a conversation starter. I used it introspectively and I found sufficiently thought- provoking questions that got me thinking. At least it's a catalyst for an autobiography.
Jodi
Apr 04, 2016 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: journaling, library, 2014
Basically a book of questions to provide prompts for your journals. Quite a few interesting grouped by subject like health, confessions, guilty pleasures, first time-Last time, faith, sex, etc.
Mohammed Al-Garawi
A waste of time and money. This is not a book. It's just a bunch of questions with blanks that you fill up. All the questions were personal, and for some reason they made me very uncomfortable.
Rick Cagle
Jul 27, 2014 Rick Cagle rated it liked it
I'd have to agree with many other reviews and say it's more of an exercise than a read. I am sure it helps some, but it is simply not for me at this point.
Amr Abdelkerim
Jan 05, 2014 Amr Abdelkerim rated it it was ok
You can't name it a book, however, it's a good tool to think about yourself, and have a deeper look in it. It made me have second thoughts in a lot of things.
Bruno
Jul 22, 2012 Bruno rated it really liked it
I liked how the right sequence of questions makes you ponder some of life's most fundamental issues.
Kunal Dayal Jesrani
Aug 05, 2013 Kunal Dayal Jesrani rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
This can't be read as an ebook. Has a bunch of questions, more of a journal - useless on the kindle!
João
Dec 08, 2012 João rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Good for self reflection and to compare in a couple of years from the first time we "read" it.
Amoon
Oct 04, 2014 Amoon rated it liked it
it was good experience in discovering more about myself
Champ Chevasart
Dec 28, 2012 Champ Chevasart rated it really liked it
Reviewing yourself this new year
XAVIER
XAVIER marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Hitesh
Hitesh rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Alemahro
Alemahro marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Haneenalalawi
Haneenalalawi marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Ralitsa  Koleva
Ralitsa Koleva is currently reading it
May 15, 2016
Sean Rafter
Sean Rafter rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Camille Basa
Camille Basa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Muath Janahi
Muath Janahi marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
  • Jump Ship: Ditch Your Dead-End Job and Turn Your Passion into a Profession
  • Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion
  • Uncommon Genius
  • The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity
  • People Tools: 54 Strategies for Building Relationships, Creating Joy, and Embracing Prosperity
  • What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: And Two Other Short Guides to Achieving More at Work and at Home
  • How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections--In Person and Online
  • Hacking Your Education: Escape Lectures, Save Thousands, and Hustle Your Way to a Brighter Future
  • Swallow
  • The Making of Jurassic Park
  • The Strength Training Anatomy Workout II
  • Instant Love: How to Make Magic and Memories with Polaroids
  • You Are Not Special and Other Encouragements
  • Sitting Kills, Moving Heals: How Everyday Movement Will Prevent Pain, Illness, and Early Death--and Exercise Alone Won't
  • Insults and Comebacks for All Occasions (Lines for All Occasions)
  • خلفاء الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم
  • Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life
  • 30-Second Politics
Mikael Krogerus is a freelance writer for German and Swiss newspapers and magazines. He was a staff writer with NZZ FOLIO, the supplement magazine of Switzerlands leading newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung, for five years. Prior to that he worked as a copywriter for various advertising agencies. He’s a graduate of the Kaospilot School. He’s a Finnish citizen and was brought up in Sweden and Germany.
More about Mikael Krogerus...