Start by marking “In The Mind of Thaddeus (Short Story)” as Want to Read:
In The Mind of Thaddeus (Short Story)

In The Mind of Thaddeus (Short Story)

Thaddeus is the only elf that stands between his kind and complete extinction.

That’s a lot of responsibility for a twelve year old. He’d rather play video games with his best friend and make fun of his older sister Keegan than have constant visions about the fate of elf-kind.

Published (first published August 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In The Mind of Thaddeus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Mind of Thaddeus

Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Sep 04, 2011 Haley ~ YA-Aholic rated it really liked it
This was a great addition to the Coexist series! I loved learning more about Thaddeus and really getting to know him threw his journal entries! (:
Alicia
Mar 25, 2012 Alicia rated it liked it
Thaddeus is the only elf that stands between his kind and complete extinction.
That is a lot of responsibility for a twelve year old. He would rather play video games with his best friend and make fun of his older sister Keegan than have constant visions about the fate of elf-kind.
Unfortunately, his visions are happening more and more as the time of the prophesied battle approaches, and it is making it hard for him to live a normal life. At the urging of his father, leader of the Light Elves, Tha
Yianna Yiannacou
Jun 29, 2012 Yianna Yiannacou rated it liked it
This is a cute short (FREE) story that I bought off amazon after reading the three novels by Julia Crane. This book is the mindsight into Keegan’s little brother – Thaddeus’ – mind. Hence the title. His dad made him write a book report on all his visions that he sees since he is a seer. It is sort of like homework since he is home schooled. I liked to see how the mind of a seer worked but it wasn’t very entertaining. I enjoyed it. It didn’t make me like the books any more though. I think I am ...more
A.R. Von
Jun 27, 2012 A.R. Von rated it really liked it
Not what I expected. But a good addition to the Keegan's Chronicles series. Could and possibly should be read after book 2. It gives a better idea of what's going on in a part of the background that's not in the books. It also answers a couple of questions that may have lingered in the back of your mind when it comes to Thaddeus. I hope one day Julia writes him a book of his own when he's to meet his chosen. I really like Thaddeus' character!
Anagha
Jun 28, 2012 Anagha rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Noone, not even fans of the Keegan's Chronicles series
Shelves: posted
This short story is a sort of journal kept by Thaddeus, Keegan's young seer brother. It attempts to tell the story of Coexist from Thadddeus' point of view. Most of the important events of the novel have been given some time from Thaddeus' point of view, so I didn't really learn anything new from this short story. I expected more of the boy's feelings towards the events; instead, I got a basic summary of the important parts of Coexist along with a remark or two from Thaddeus. Pretty pointless, ...more
Tanya Johnson
Mar 02, 2014 Tanya Johnson rated it really liked it
n the Mind of Thaddeus is about a young boy who is a seer (he has visions). Thaddeus just wants to be a normal kid but he soon realizes that he can't do this and be the one that every one will go to for answers. As the battle approaches Thaddeus' visions are becoming more frequent and it's up to him to lead everyone in the right direction.

This book was a great companion to the Coexist trilogy although it could be read alone. After reading the trilogy (which is awesome!), it was great reading thi
Seregon O'Dassey
Oct 19, 2013 Seregon O'Dassey rated it really liked it
I just love Julia Crane. Having read Keegan's Chronicles (books 1-3) this is the first half of Coexist-from Keegan's younger brother's POV. It's written like a 12 year old, but it's supposed to be, as it's Thaddeaus writing in his journal. He writes about what it's like to be an Elf, a seer at the age of 12, and also things a normal 12 year old would write about, such as playing Xbox and having a brother and sister. It's only a short story, but it's cute; very much Julia Crane's style :)
Beckie Treble
Jul 19, 2012 Beckie Treble rated it really liked it
I read this before reading the first Keegan's Chronicles books, and I really liked it. It's short, which is why it's a short story... duh. The format kinda reminded me of the Georgia Nicholson books by Louise Rennison... Purely because the book was in a diary/journal format.

We see a small induction to the characters and it fits in nicely with the first book, as I've already started it and can see where the two book merge.

It was a great starter to this series I think. :)
Merisha28
Mar 24, 2013 Merisha28 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book from amazon!
In the Mind of Thaddeus by Julia Crane

This is a unique take on the events that happened in Coexist. I'm glad I read this after Coexist because this is Keegan's brother's take on the events coming up through a journal his father makes him write. I enjoyed this other perspective from the 12 year old mind. Well, written with it's journal like entries. I give 5 stars.
Jodi Brooks
Aug 10, 2013 Jodi Brooks rated it really liked it
Sorry no spoiler here,just a little information on the book and how I liked it.

This is a short story and is told from Keegan's brother Thaddeus' in his point of view and has events from Coexist.

I liked it and wish it was a little longer,but that is ok,it is still a must have and want in this series.

Julia Crane is just a great writer and I'm glad I found her.

I'm giving it a 4 star just because I wanted it a little longer.
Darlene
Character study through journaling was fun. I like Thaddeus better than the one dimensional teen girl characters of the series. If only Ms. Crane would see that Keegan could have had this kind of depth instead of boxing her into typical fem roles. I may still have to read more of the series as it moves into Anna the witches turn just to see if the characters can grow and change.
Ginelle Blanch
Jun 26, 2013 Ginelle Blanch rated it liked it
I liked this novella, only wished it had been much longer! This is written as a journal would be written because that's what it's meant to be. I enjoyed the better look into Thaddeus and hope to see more of him in future books.
Lori
Mar 24, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I really enjoyed getting a peak into the mind of Thaddeus, and loved this extension of the Keegan Chronicles. I hope that Julia continues to write books in this series because I absolutely love the characters. :)
Td
Jun 13, 2015 Td rated it it was amazing
In The Mind of Thaddeus by Julia Crane
4 1/2 stars

I thought this insight into the mind of Thaddeus, in the form of his journal entries, was perfect, and a great short compliment to the series. It added depth to his thoughts, and his struggles with his gifts.
Katiria
Mar 09, 2013 Katiria rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
In The Mind Of Thaddeus is a short good read about Thaddeus writing down on his journal about his visions and getting prepared for the great battle it was a really short cute read for me and I really enjoy to read about Thaddeus and his visions
Lorian Jones
Sep 19, 2013 Lorian Jones rated it did not like it
I don't even know what to said about this, but it is a little boring to me and confusing. I thought there was more, but I was lost when I got to the end of the story. That all I can said about this with my opinion.
Melody
Mar 26, 2012 Melody rated it it was ok
Was a huge disappointment. Thaddeus was very well developed and we were not given the best insight into how this child led his life. I felt it could have been done much better than this.
Jamielee Prue
Jun 20, 2013 Jamielee Prue rated it liked it
I have to say that the journal style of this novella was easier for me to read then the actual novel Coexist. I liked hearing a little more from Keegan's brother Thaddeus.
Autumn Storm
Feb 11, 2014 Autumn Storm rated it really liked it
It pretty much followed book one but you do get the feel that he is a kid dealing with a very grown up world, insight to what he is feeling.
Cathy
Jul 02, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Thaddeus is a 12 year-old elf who is a seer. He is expected to defend against the dark forces.
Good story. This is only the first part of the story.
Fiona Brunstad
May 28, 2014 Fiona Brunstad rated it it was ok
A cool short read. I read this after the first book in the Keegan's Chronicles series, so this helped shed extra light on the story in general.
April W
Jan 17, 2015 April W rated it really liked it
I nice companion story to the Keegan Chronicles trilogy. Gives you some more insight into Thaddeus. Takes place at the same time as Coexist (the first in the Keegan Chronicles).
Jolene
Jolene rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2015
Jessi
Jessi rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Lee Keller
Lee Keller rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014
April Dunlap
April Dunlap rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Rex
Rex rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Shay
Shay rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Bemused Bookworm
Bemused Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Crazy for Crane: In The Mind of Thaddeus (Short Story) 1 3 Jan 23, 2013 06:52PM
  • Spring Rain (The Witchling, #4)
  • Weeping Willow - Part One (Weeping Willow, #1)
  • The Prophecy (Daughters Of Saraqael, #0.5)
  • Born of Fire (Channeler, #0.5)
  • Spooks and Magic (Alana Weatherbee, #2)
  • Linger
  • Atone (Patronus, #2.5)
  • The Faery Hunt
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • The Initiate (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #0.5) (The Song of Eloh Saga, #1)
  • Wayward (The Witch Wars Saga #1)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Haunted II
  • Before You Go
  • Poppy
  • Rex Equilibrium (Elei's Chronicles, #3)
  • Stories from a Theme Park Insider
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.

More about Julia Crane...