Start by marking “The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)

The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)

"Don't say a word."

When a criminal threatened to kill Megan Cash if she testified against him, she didn't back down. Years later, he's out of jail and ready for revenge against Megan and her daughter. The only one who can protect them is the former FBI agent who broke Megan's heart. But Reid Morgan isn't the same manhe's now a widowed father with a harrowing pastand a hear

Published November 29th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Witness

Shattered by Death by Catherine FingerBack on Murder by J. Mark BertrandThe Devil's Game by Daniel  PattersonThe Trouble with Perfect by Christy BarrittAlways Watching by Lynette Eason
Best Christian Suspense Novels
12th out of 33 books — 16 voters
The Lawman Claims His Bride by Renee RyanMegan's Hero by Sharon GillenwaterHis Mountain Miss by Karen KirstThe Pastor Takes a Wife (Steeple Hill Love Inspired by Anna SchmidtWinter Wedding Bells by Mary Connealy
"Megan"
41st out of 91 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy Eberly
Dec 06, 2011 Kathy Eberly rated it it was amazing
When Megan Cash testified against the criminal who held her hostage many years ago; he threatened to kill her for her actions. Now several years later, he is out of prison and bent on revenge against Megan and her daughter, Ella. All Megan wants to do is keep her seriously ill daughter safe and she has no one to turn to except the man who broke her heart a long time ago. Times change though and Megan discovers that Reid is no longer the man who hurt her previously.

I really enjoyed this book so
Cindy
Nov 03, 2011 Cindy rated it really liked it

Doing the right thing doesn't always end up with a happy ending. Megan Cash found that out the hard way. Testifying against a deranged bank robber who held her hostage, has now ended up in her and her daughter being stalked. Megan isn't afraid for herself, but when the stalker goes to the hospital where her little girl is, Megan will do whatever it takes to keep Ella safe. Even if it means being nice to the FBI agent who broke her heart at the end of the trial prosecuting the bank robber. Will t
Nov 05, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: THE CHRISTMAS WITNESS
Author: Susan Sleeman
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
December 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-44471-7
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Years ago, Megan Cash identified a criminal who held her at gunpoint when he robbed the bank she worked at. Now, he’s out of prison and not only wants to kill Megan, but also her daughter, Ella.

Reid Morgan is a former FBI-agent, and he was on the case when Megan identified the criminal. But they got involved in a relationship and he ended up
Jody
Dec 09, 2011 Jody rated it it was ok
This book was won through the First Reads giveaway.

Megan is being threatened by a bank robber who she testified against many years ago. He is now out of jail and stalking her.

By coincidence she just happens to run into her old boy friend, now an FBI agent. He comes to her rescue and tries to protect both her and her daughter. Her daughter is being hospitalized at the time undergoing treatment for cancer. It mentions she had a tumor years ago and now it's come back. I found it odd that no where
Rhonda
Jan 29, 2013 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
5 STARS
Morgan brothers series book 3

The Christmas Witness kept suspense going all the way to the end. Megan testified 12 years ago against the bank robber who robbed the bank and kept her hostage for three hours. Now she sees him while she is getting gas. Then he leaves the parking lot heading toward the hospital where her little girl is fighting cancer. She sees him by her hospital room and screams loudly for help.

Reid Morgan is at the hospital with his daughter doing therapy with her dog in ch
Ada Brownell
Nov 28, 2011 Ada Brownell rated it it was amazing

When suspense novelists sit down to write a book, they put their main character in a terrible predicament and then make things worse.
The character tries to escape or hide, but then his plan only complicates things.
On and on the story goes with one problem developing after another, each worse than the last. Writers use anything that prickles or unsettles. That is a surefire way to lure the reader into the next scene/chapter.
That’s the case with Susan Sleeman’s The ChristmasWitness The inspirati
Lisa
Jan 10, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I started this book as a Christmas title for the holiday season - not realizing it was third of a series! I'm currently reading the second in the series......

Megan Cash lives in fear of two things: losing her 8 year old daughter, Ella, to cancer and the prison release of Norman Fowler. Norman held Megan hostage for agonizing hours at a bank ten years earlier...and it was her witness which sent him to prison, vowing his revenge. Preparing for the trial also gave Megan the chance to get to know FB
Judine Brey
Jul 06, 2016 Judine Brey rated it really liked it
I loved Megan's relationship with her daughter Ella and how it connected with Reid's relationship with his daughter Jessie. Their rekindled relationship was well-drawn, but I didn't buy Reid leaving Ella at the end. Megan forgiving him so readily after that didn't ring true.
Kathryn V. Cheek
Jan 13, 2015 Kathryn V. Cheek rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it. It took me a while to read it but that was mostly because I had the physical book rather than the ebook and so didn't carry around with me everywhere the way I do my Kindle Fire.
Cathy Beckett
Other than the fact that the book was I little more preachy it was a good change of pace. I enjoyed the characters but found them to be a little one dimensional. Good palette cleaner.
Bobbie
Jan 05, 2012 Bobbie rated it really liked it
Imagine being the hostage in a robbery, and then enduring the long trial process until the person who did this harm is placed in prison. Now imagine getting on with your life, thinking you have accomplished than, until one day, pumping gas you think you see him.
Thus begins the suspense in Susan Sleeman’s latest story, and it doesn’t let up. Just when you think you might breathe again, something else happens, which makes it a fast read.
Add a jilted romance and renewed acquaintance which brings ou
Pamela
Jan 03, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Romance - Suspense - Not only cute kids, but critically ill child - add in the Sheriff and the FBI and you have the perfect book. This book has everything, including a storyline that every mother can identify with.

It is extremely well written and the plot is wonderful. Add into that the story of faith, redemption and dependence on God, this book is wonderful.
Christian Singer
May 12, 2013 Christian Singer rated it really liked it
I haven't met a Love Inspired novel I didn't like. I enjoy watching characters from these books change and grow. Both main characters in Susan Sleeman's The Christmas Witness have a lot of baggage that makes it hard to trust enough to fall in love. Seeing how characters work through their problems in these books gives me hope. I recommend all Love Inspired books for those looking for a quick read that deals with issues of the heart as well as for readers searching for hope or who need a little p ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Apr 08, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it really liked it
Wow there was a lot going on in this book! There's Megan's little girl who has cancer and Reid who lost his wife to cancer, but is doing a pretty good job raising his daughter. Megan has issues because her husband left when he found out their daughter had cancer. Now she's facing something much bigger and has to depend on Reid, even if she wants to avoid putting trust in him at all! I liked how things turned out!
Bookworm1
Jul 20, 2013 Bookworm1 rated it it was amazing
i love it! its so dramatic. the girl is haunted by a man she testified against years ago who is now out of prison, who is threatening her and her daughter who has a tumor. then she runs into the FBI agent who broke her heart during the trial, who is also a single father who quit his job as an FBI agent. you'll have to read it to see how it all plays out.
Kami Reeve
Dec 09, 2011 Kami Reeve rated it liked it
So yes, I do like to read a good clean Christian Christmas suspense romance novel in December..... Predictable. (Predictable is good sometimes....) Uplifting. Feel good Hallmark kind of story. December is a crazy month and I love to curl up and forget the to-do list for a moment and smile. Thanks Susan!
Lisa
Dec 06, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
This one was too light on the mystery. I felt that the villian was sprung in me. Not enough clues.
Andrea
Nov 17, 2013 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Had a couple of things I didn't expect! I could relate to Megan. Think I'd be the same way!
Nina
Dec 03, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing
This book was so good, just could not put it down. Great ending, filled with suspense!
John Hanscom
Nov 04, 2011 John Hanscom rated it liked it
Actually, 3 1/2. Slightly better than average, though a little "preachy" in one spot.
Terri
Dec 12, 2011 Terri rated it it was amazing
I am with Kathy's review. I love this book,
Ruth
Feb 14, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
Such a good story..it makes you think.
Phyllis Brown
Nov 17, 2013 Phyllis Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Loved this book.
Trisadee Mcmillan
Trisadee Mcmillan marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Pebbles
Pebbles rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Donna Brookmyer
Donna Brookmyer marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Amy Svitak
Amy Svitak marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Deb Sullivan
Deb Sullivan marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Kathy Smith
Kathy Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 24, 2015 10:49AM
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Face of Danger
  • The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Duty to Protect (Big Sky Secrets, #5)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Shades of Truth
  • Zero Visibility
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
SUSAN SLEEMAN writes the kinds of books she likes to read - clean read and inspirational/Christian romantic suspense and mystery books. She provides edge of the seat suspense combined with an equally important romantic suspense thread. Her love of romantic suspense has made her a best seller in the romantic suspense category.
Her awards include Thread of Suspicion -Romantic Times Reviewers Choice B
More about Susan Sleeman...

The Morgan Brothers (3 books)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers #2)