Start by marking “Beast (A Faery Story, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beast (A Faery Story, #2)

Beast (A Faery Story #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,063 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Fresh from his latest scandal, vampire playboy Dante Dellacourt has been given an ultimatum – take a consort and settle down or be disowned.

Exiled by her pack, the werewolf Kaja is stolen from her frozen plane and awakens in a foreign world. Frightened and alone, she savagely fights for her freedom.

When Dante and his Fae cousins are called to defend the gnomes of the marke
Published September 23rd 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
172nd out of 770 books — 1,205 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley ArmstrongDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
121st out of 812 books — 1,005 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Beast is fun, sexy, second addition to the A Faery Story series and as I had anticipated, Dante's story did not disappoint. The various races and cultures made up of vampires, werewolves, Fae, ogres, goblins... all in one place, makes for some truly funny interactions. This story seemed more emotional than the first as we learn of Kaja's tormented past as a very unwanted member of her wolf pack, but Dante's love and her strength of character and heart made for a beautiful love story and a happil
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Dec 26, 2013 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Erotic Romance
3.5 - 4 star ... Total Steamy Escapism

This was just what the smut doctor ordered! Thirty year old Royal vampire seeks consort to get his father off his back to return to his playboy manwhore ways. Enter exiled werewolf female. The potential for reader eye-rolling moments were present, BUT the Royal Vamp is not good enough for our heroine, AND she acknowledges she deserves better, AND has better plans. Throw in alternate realms (vampire, werewolf, faery, and Earth), a villain with evil minions ab
Mrs. Missive
Let me start out by saying that sometimes an author hits a little too close to home. This happened here for me. So take some of the things I say with a grain of salt, because some things that bothered me won't apply to you. I didn't quite know how to word this, so I'll just do it like I always do and be honest.

I love Sophie Oak, and how her characters come to life for me in such a short period of time. Dante rocked my world in Bound. Loved what he added to the tale. His humor, his attitude, and
I had a great time from start to finish, fast-paced story with its original planes or ‘worlds’. I loved the H/h and their romance, although the love scenes were not as good as in the first book. This series are stand alone as to the romances, but the interesting political conflict continues through the series. I'm hooked, now on to the next.
HERO is a Playful vampire, charismatic, smart, has never acknowledged his true warrior calling, focusing instead on business and bedding as many females as p
5 stars

***warning, I got into some detail in this review so if you don't like spoilers you may not want to read this review***

Another great book by Sophie Oak (and also a great continuation of the series)! So, when I read the first book and met Dante's character I have to admit that my first thought wasn't "I have to see a book with Dante". I thought he was a great guy and loved his contributions to the story in the first book but wasn't really feeling him as a lead character at the time. Now, I
I have to admit that as much as I loved Beck and Cian in Bound: A Faery Story, Dante was the one who stole my heart. From the moment Sophie finished Bound, I was asking her when she was going to write Dante's story.

Little did I know that she planned to turn Dante into a Dom. And what a Dom he is. He's loving and firm and sexy as ever. Just yummy.

What I didn't expect was to also adore Kaja, the woman/werewolf who claims Dante's heart. I'm not sure I've ever read a character like Kaja before. She'
Heather in FL
I love Dante. I knew there was a great man under all the joking, lackadaisical, playboy personality. We already knew he had a good heart by his actions in the first book. I'm glad he was able to find the perfect match for it. And I loved how finding Kaja both completed him as well as showed her her own self worth. I was so sad for her just reading the prologue! What horrible people! I got a little bit tired of Dante's internal berating, always assuming people were doing things because they didn' ...more
Werewolf Kaja is abducted and to be sold at the consort market, but shes too feral and the owners want to put her down. Vampire Dante has been given an ultimatum from his father, marry or be thrown out of the family company. Whats better to scare his father with than a feral woman, not suited for better company? At the same time, Megan, Cian and Finn are being targeted by mercenaries. Longing for the third book (it better be a third one =D ) with the cousin Bronwyn and her destiny. ...more
Chele Blades
ok i loved the Dante in Bound by the one in Beast oh so much more. (he is kinda a cross between Sam Fleetwood and Stephen Talbot) he was so funny but when he unleashed his alpha male well lets just say YUMMY!! so can not wait for the next story...and i knew it!! that is all i have to say on that!! Loved it and loved meeting the "others" who were more then then their earth plane counter points....and of course my favorite was there!!!!
Diane Thorne
4.5 The humor was great in this one. Good story. I recommend this one. Be prepared to laugh.
I liked this better than the first, as obviously indicated in my 5-star rating. Kaja and Dante couldn't be more perfect for each other, one wouldn't miss the vampire-werewolf pairing. I failed to note in my review for the previous story how refreshing Ms Oak's spin on the paranormal genre is. I thought I've read a lot about them and this new concept/realm comes along, so kudos to Sophie Oak!

On to my review: I'm really wary of reading about vampires, but I never get enough of werewolves, and Dant
Love this series, so much more than a erotic book, storyline is very deep, covers the war/politics of the different planes or dimensions like vampire plane, wherewolf plane, planeswalkers - hell planes since they are demons, and many more. Full of fantasy fae, all kinds, all the characters we love to read about but placed in a well writen story with some hot sex...

If you could imagine you whole life being stolen when your the king to be and you must retreat to a poor existance in a dangerous for
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
As reviewed on
Dante Dellacourt is a rich, spoiled, "man whore"... only in a good way. Well, ok so his family doesn't think it's good. After his latest scandal involving the vampire version of a certain reality tv show, his Dad gives him an ultimatum. Find a consort and settle down, or be disowned.

Kaja is a werewolf. She has been labeled an outcast from her pack and left to starve on the frozen plane she's from. While learning the hard way how to survive, she was attacked an
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at:

On the vampire plane as well as the Seelie realm a single name strikes fear and awe into the inhabitants…Dante Dellacourt.

Okay, so maybe Dante doesn’t inspire fear as much as sexual lust. However, few people make the mistake of disrespecting this vampire royal.

We initially met Dante in author Sophie Oak’s first foray into the paranormal genre with Bound. Dante was essential in the rescue of his cousin’s, the Seelie Ki
Dante is a playboy vampire from a wealthy and loving family on the vampire plane. Unlike his cousins , Beckett and Cian the exiled princes of the Seelie plane, Dante doesn't really want responsibilities.

Kaja was an outcast in her werewolf pack. Always shunned and forgotten, she was thrown out into the cold. Finding her way to the refugee plane, she was thrown into a cage as a captured consort to be won. Frightened of her surroundings, Kaja does not submit quiety. Only Dante seems to be the only
Seriously Sophie Oak!!! You have made me fall head over heels in love with Dante, not only is he a smartass but so sweet and caring. With this second installment you've made me yearn to read the next book in the series. :sigh: Anyway please please please give this series a chance you won't regret it people!! You will grow to love the characters and the storyline is amazing if you love the Fae and Vampires.
This might be my favorite Sophie Oak book yet! If you liked the first one, you will like this one. If you thought the first was lacking, then you will love this one.

When we met Dante in Bound, he was humorous and lively, but you could tell that he was lacking a maturity level. But I was intrigued by him nonetheless in the first book and looked forward to his own story.

What we see here is a man who is afraid of disappointing his family, so he ignores his own passion and acts frivolous as the "bad
Stacy {Texas Reader}
I hate to admit it, but I was rather disappointed in this one. As much as I love Sophie Oak, and she is an amazing storyteller, this one seemed to be just a "bridge" story to get us to the next one. It lost is "fae" charm the first book held for me. I felt no emotional attachment to Dante, and Kaja was so innocent, at times, Dante's sexual attention bordered on creepy. I found myself skimming most of the book once they were on the Vampire plane just so I could find out what happens with Beck, Ci ...more
Ellen Shannon

Love this book and this series. It had adventure, werewolves, vampires and love.

Dante seems like a playboy vampire with nothing else to do but make trouble. He is threaten with being cutoff from the family so he comes up with a scheme to appease his father but still have his own life. Then he meets Kaja in an unlikely place. Soon he is changing his plans to keep her.

Read this book and the other two in the series to find out what happens....
Dante's character in Bound provided great comic relief, but it was very difficult for me to picture him as a hero worthy of a heroine. He was very much the playboy used car salesman type that Megan thought him in the first book of this trilogy. Really this story is between a 3 and 4, but Dante is just so entertaining and did, finally step up to the plate and earn his HEA.

Kaja is a wonderful character, a woman who is ignorant of the world into which she is abducted, but also a very intelligent an
Another awesome book from Mrs Oak! This continued the story arc from the first book. I loved the introduction of parallel universe Julian Lodge!

Really happy I waited until the third book was out to read these, cause the teaser at the end would have had me super impatient to get to the next book!
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
Another awesome 5 star rating in this wonderful series!!!

I totally loved Dante....He was hilarious and one of my fave vampires of all time (yes that includes you Edward Cullen)

I am so sad there is only 1 more book to go..... Now I have officially read all Sophia Oak books....

What Now???

My first by this author. I really liked the first part but the second part dragged a bit. I know this is supposed to be erotica but the story was more interesting that the sexy bits.
i love kaja, after everything shes gone through she still looks on the brighter side things. Danta doesnt realy deserve her but he does make up for it when he get his head out his ass.
Good book. I liked that Dante was a bad boy until he found Kaja. I teared up in this book thinking of all the Kaja went through.
Krista ~Fhatal Attrhaction~
I love Dante, and Kaja was perfect for him! Glad Beck Cian and Meg were still in the story quite a bit as well!
I loved Dante. I knew after reading the first book that his would be great and I wasn't wrong.
Grace Ryles
This is such an amazing series wow... I could read this all day every day
  • Hour of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #1)
  • Hungry Spirits
  • Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Artistic Vision (Gray Court, #3)
  • Belle Starr
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
  • Her Gentle Giant, Part 1: No Regrets (Divine Creek Ranch, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Triple Trouble, #2)
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Walk On The Striped Side
  • Grace's Final Submission (Locks & Chains, #1)
A lifetime devotee to the written word, Sophie published her first novel this year. Prior to becoming a novelist, she worked in theater and comic books. She lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband and three precocious children, who wonder when mom is going to write a book they will be allowed to read. Her answer: probably never. Sophie believes in happy endings for everyone, no matter how extr ...more
More about Sophie Oak...

A Faery Story (3 books)
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1) Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1) Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2) Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2) Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)

“...I don't know what marriages are like on your plane. I know Fae marriages can be all about respect and treating your wife like a lady. That's crap, love. You're my wife. I'm going to do all sorts of filthy things to you because you belong to me. You're my little toy. I'm going to fuck you as often as I can and in as many ways as my filthy mind can come up with. That's a strong marriage.” 20 likes
“...Her body twitched from his magic. "What is this feeling?" She panted as she asked the question. Her body felt pleasantly soft. His motions slowed and became languid.

"It's called an orgasm," he replied in that slow, silky way of his. She loved his voice when it got thick like honey. Most of the time he spoke so quickly that she lost track. She liked it when his tone got deep and husky. "You should have one every time a man touches you. If you don't, punch him in the face.”