Start by marking “The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More” as Want to Read:

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
This holiday collection is a treasury of Christmas traditions, stories, songs, and recipes that promises to bring readers young and old together to celebrate the spirit of the season. Everyone will enjoy this delightful guide to all things Christmas, featuring: the perennial classic Christmas stories, poems, and carols; recipes for family gatherings, parties, and holiday g ...more
Unknown Binding, 450 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Family Christmas Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Family Christmas Book

Debbie Phillips
Jan 01, 2014 Debbie Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle school age kids up to adults
This book was not stupendous but it had very good information in it. It would be PERFECT for a homeschooler to use for a Christmas unit study.

“...Christmas isn't about perfection.
What matters is the creation of new memories, centered on a sense of family and being loved, whether you come with a ready-made family or one that you create yourself. Memory is, ultimately, the basis of tradition – and what is Christmas if not one of the fundamental traditions of our time?” (location 260)

“...when y
Deyanne
Jan 23, 2016 Deyanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Good family introduction to traditions around the world, stories, poems, recipes, etc. Fun.
Laura Cushing
Jan 15, 2012 Laura Cushing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started around Christmas when I got it for free on the Kindle Fire, it is pretty much as the cover says - the Everything Christmas Book. There are songs, stories, traditions, crafts, recipes and so forth.

I will definitely dig it out again come next holiday season and re-read and use some of the recipes and crafts. It's a nice book to enjoy around the holidays.
Jenny
Dec 15, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's a book chockful of Christmas things...I especially liked the classic Christmas stories/poems (including O. Henry's "Gift of a Magi"; Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol"; and Clement Moore's "Twas the Night Before Christmas"), the listing of Christmas movies, and the trivia about Christmas traditions and holiday celebrations around the world.
Amy
Dec 22, 2012 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, sociology, food
I read this book on my Nook; I imagine the print edition contains illustrations, which would have made the book even more enjoyable. It's a nice compilation of traditions, stories, songs and recipes for the season. This was a free selection from Barnes and Noble an a nice addition to my online library.
Maryann
Dec 31, 2013 Maryann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thank goodness I got this book for free. Who would think a book about Christmas could be so freakin' boring? Very repetitive too, with a lot of nonsense nobody cares about. pffft
Booksmacked Chom
This was by fare the worst book ever. There were only a few dialogs and although I tried I could not finish the whole book
I skippet a lot of pages
Eileen Chavez
Nothing earth shattering but some interesting historical info, handy tips and great recipes, including glogg and wassail.
Priscilla E. Wong
Dec 25, 2012 Priscilla E. Wong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is an awesome book!!! it talks about Christmas and the things about Christmas . Is just really a good book to read.
Danielle
Jan 26, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this book so far...tons of great information that I had either forgotten or just didin't know.
Sandra
Dec 24, 2011 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Read on my Kindle -- good reference for all things Christmas!!!
Tim Kretschmann
Nov 27, 2014 Tim Kretschmann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Repeats itself, but good for short information on Christmas!
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Christmas ideas, recipes, and stories. Good read!!
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Dec 24, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dee Renee by: Free from Barnes and Noble.com
Shelves: ebooks, 2012
This ebook was free when I downloaded it.
Beth Golding
Beth Golding marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Susan Thomson
Susan Thomson marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Willie L. Brown
Willie L. Brown rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Kim Thomas
Kim Thomas rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Donna Sowell
Donna Sowell rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Aug 07, 2016
Debbie F.Rowand
Debbie F.Rowand marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Katie Wyatt
Katie Wyatt marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Xuanly Lee
Xuanly Lee rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Carrie
Carrie added it
Aug 01, 2016
Great Britton
Great Britton marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
  • The Everything Potluck Cookbook (Everything Series)
  • Christmas with family & friends
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Twas the Night
  • I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot from School
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Mary's Son
  • Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas
  • Meet the Annas: A Musical Novel
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind