Start by marking “What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?” as Want to Read:
What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Despite the careful research done by author Richard T. Holleran and his wife Kris, nothing could have prepared the couple for both the debacles and delights of their first cruise. "What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?: Tales from the Cruise Adventure of a Lifetime" chronicles the adventures they experience on that fateful trip-a ten-day Caribbean jaunt in celebration of their ...more
Published April 11th 2007 by iUniverse (first published August 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

Beth
Mar 20, 2014 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Entertaining, but it's basically little more than a blog that got published. Still, an easy and fun read.
Gabrielle
Jul 20, 2015 Gabrielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, quick read about a cruisers "firt time"
Debbie
Fun, frothy little book, esp. since we just returned from a cruise. Makes me want to go again! Chester writes this remembrance of his and his wife's first cruise, worried that they would not like it. Is it a primer for those wanting to go on their first cruise? Not really, as he and his wife splurged on a superior suite and extravagant purchases on board and off the ship, making their first cruise far from most people's first experience. Still, a fun and very quick read.
Joy
Jun 20, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book before going on my first cruise a couple weeks ago. The book was informative and fun. Their experience was a lot more extravagant than mine as I booked an Ocean View room not the Grand Suite and never had dinner with the Captain. The book did give some good tips such as putting your camera outside to avoid a fogged lens if you have a balcony.
Overall a good quick read to prepare for a first cruise but keep in mind most cruise experiences are not so lavish.
David
May 07, 2009 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book proves that anyone can publish a book. While well written, and somewhat entertaining, this is nothing more then a long review of a cruise.

I did learn a little about the ports of calls, and since I will be going to Belize in a couple of weeks for the first time, that was helpful.
Karen
Apr 25, 2012 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is basically a cruise diary of a week on board a Caribbean cruise on a US cruise ship. It was interesting to compare experiences of US and our UK cruise ships but there was a little bit too much detail at times, particularly on the excursions. A cheerful and interesting read though.
Jessie
Oct 24, 2010 Jessie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Good book which made me smile in parts, but overall, felt like a 108 page-long Trip Advisor review. But still very informative. Just perhaps not a book that one could curl up with and lose themselves among.
Shanna
Nov 27, 2009 Shanna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read only the first couple chapters of this book, and I think it is the worst book that I have ever read. Terrible writing, completely vapid. I won't waste anymore time on this book.
Julievila
While I did enjoy this read it was a glorified blog rather than a book.
kathi
Dec 11, 2013 kathi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyable read of a couple's first cruise...
Maiv
Mar 26, 2013 Maiv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super funny.
Gareth Williams
Gareth Williams rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Bookwizz
Bookwizz rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Andrea
Andrea added it
Jan 15, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Miss K J Beanlands
Miss K J Beanlands rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
jayne barton
jayne barton rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
alan kneller
alan kneller rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
l
l rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Jae
Jae rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2014
Jefferie
Jefferie rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Holly Smith
Holly Smith rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Katja
Katja rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2014