Start by marking “What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?” as Want to Read:
What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Despite the careful research done by author Richard T. Holleran and his wife Kris, nothing could have prepared the couple for both the debacles and delights of their first cruise. "What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?: Tales from the Cruise Adventure of a Lifetime" chronicles the adventures they experience on that fateful trip-a ten-day Caribbean jaunt in celebration of their ...more
Published April 11th 2007 by iUniverse (first published August 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Time Is the Midnight Buffet?

Beth
Entertaining, but it's basically little more than a blog that got published. Still, an easy and fun read.
Debbie
Fun, frothy little book, esp. since we just returned from a cruise. Makes me want to go again! Chester writes this remembrance of his and his wife's first cruise, worried that they would not like it. Is it a primer for those wanting to go on their first cruise? Not really, as he and his wife splurged on a superior suite and extravagant purchases on board and off the ship, making their first cruise far from most people's first experience. Still, a fun and very quick read.
Joy
I picked up this book before going on my first cruise a couple weeks ago. The book was informative and fun. Their experience was a lot more extravagant than mine as I booked an Ocean View room not the Grand Suite and never had dinner with the Captain. The book did give some good tips such as putting your camera outside to avoid a fogged lens if you have a balcony.
Overall a good quick read to prepare for a first cruise but keep in mind most cruise experiences are not so lavish.
David
This book proves that anyone can publish a book. While well written, and somewhat entertaining, this is nothing more then a long review of a cruise.

I did learn a little about the ports of calls, and since I will be going to Belize in a couple of weeks for the first time, that was helpful.
Karen
This is basically a cruise diary of a week on board a Caribbean cruise on a US cruise ship. It was interesting to compare experiences of US and our UK cruise ships but there was a little bit too much detail at times, particularly on the excursions. A cheerful and interesting read though.
Jessie
Good book which made me smile in parts, but overall, felt like a 108 page-long Trip Advisor review. But still very informative. Just perhaps not a book that one could curl up with and lose themselves among.
Shanna
I read only the first couple chapters of this book, and I think it is the worst book that I have ever read. Terrible writing, completely vapid. I won't waste anymore time on this book.
Julievila
While I did enjoy this read it was a glorified blog rather than a book.
kathi
enjoyable read of a couple's first cruise...
Wendy Ryan
Wendy Ryan marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Jarrod Scarbrough
Jarrod Scarbrough marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012