Start by marking “Pinstripes & Pearls: The Women of the Harvard Law School Class of '64 Who Forged an Old-Girl Network and Paved the Way for Future Generations” as Want to Read:

""[W]e didn't fully understand what we were getting into -- what obstacles we would encounter, what trails we would blaze....We just knew, from an early age, that we wanted both to serve our country, help make our world a little better and a little safer -- just like our fathers and our brothers -- and to marry; rear honest, happy children; and lead fulfilling personal ...more
Published January 7th 2003 by Scribner Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Pinstripes & Pearls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinstripes & Pearls

Katherine
May 31, 2009 Katherine rated it liked it
I am graduating from Harvard Law School in a few days, and I was very involved in women's issues while I was here, so I have been saving up this book to read for some time. I finally got to it recently, and I was glad to have done so before I leave Cambridge for good. The book chronicles the women of the HLS class of 1964, as they are accepted to, attend, and graduate from Harvard Law and as make their way in life and in the profession afterward. For me, the material in the first half of the ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 22, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Informative about one class of women. The paths they took were as unique as they. What I found interesting was the point that things were challenging because they are women, and they seemingly took it in stride. They bore through it and in the end persevered.
Tonia
May 08, 2011 Tonia rated it liked it
Very eye-opening account of the boys club mentality that has dictated operations at one of America's most celebrated academic institutions. Definitely worth the read, even if you don't care about gender politics.
sima
Mar 07, 2007 sima rated it liked it
It's not a cover-to-cover read, but it's inspiring to hear about women who are hungry for life and eager to break ranks.
Amy Eckstein
Aug 11, 2011 Amy Eckstein rated it liked it
Great stories about what life was like for women in the 60s. The sexism and obstacles to overcome were amazing. The only downside is that the writing is not the best.
Jenn
Jan 17, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it
Good look into how hard it was for women to really have a career and family, and all the sacrifices they made along the way.
Rachel Rose
Rachel Rose rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Swimwise11
Swimwise11 rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Linda Kramer
Linda Kramer rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Helena
Helena rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2008
Claire Hoffman
Claire Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Elizabeth Felter
Elizabeth Felter rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
May 09, 2007
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Lisa of Hopewell
Lisa of Hopewell rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2011
Donna Nettleton
Donna Nettleton rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2015
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Julia Kummerlen
Julia Kummerlen rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2010
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2008
Karen Joy
Karen Joy rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2011
Andi
Andi rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Amie
Amie rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2015
Megan Stembridge
Megan Stembridge rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2010