Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America

Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,343 ratings  ·  184 reviews
The demon is a mob, and the mob is demonic. The Democratic Party activates mobs, depends on mobs, coddles mobs, publicizes and celebrates mobs—it is the mob. Sweeping in its scope and relentless in its argument, Demonic explains the peculiarities of liberals as standard groupthink behavior. To understand mobs is to understand liberals.

In her most provocative book to date...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Demonic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demonic

mark monday
Oct 24, 2012 mark monday marked it as unread-forever  ·  review of another edition
'tis the season...

13 TALES OF TERROR: BOOK 6

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways

This is one opportunistic, two-faced, idiot of a bitch.

Nosocialize
In a battle between liberal science and republican Ann Coulter I wrote a dueling review pitting this book against Denying Science here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/...

Ann Coulter is an amazing herald of our time. Many people make this point, not least of which is Coulter herself. She brings together a great ability to tie quotes and opinions together in order to create credible arguments. Unfortunately, many of her arguments are not very believable.

I find many of her points school yar...more
Mike (the Paladin)
Some will look at this book, see Ann Coulter's name and decide they don't like it, sight unseen, book unopened it's very existence will annoy, anger, even infuriate them. Okay my nod to reality. My suggestion, try reading it before you hate it.

Ann Coulter is without a doubt an "in your face" sort of debater. Her books and her speaking style leave us in no doubt as to what she thinks. The fact that her facts are generally always "actually facts" and that her arguments are in general logical and w...more
Scott Rhee
(In lieu of an actual review for this book, I had some fun coming up with potential Coulter titles, utilizing her trademark vitriol and hyperbole. I posted this in June, 2012 and have since added some new ones. Feel free to add your own.)

Titles of potential future books by Ann Coulter:

1) "Rapists: The Liberal Conspiracy to De-Virginize All Women Everywhere"

2) "Warmongers: The Secret History of How Liberals Have Started Every War in History"

3) "Unintelligent Design: The Science of Liberal Stupidi...more
James Hemingway
Anyone who could actually make reading about the French Revolution interesting has to be a hell of a good writer. I also enjoyed reading how democrats hijacked the civil rights movement after many decades of oppressing African Americans. How many people today know that the republican party was created for the express purpose of ending slavery or even that Lincoln was a republican? How many people know that: The KKK was invented by democrats to attack republicans who were fighting for the rights...more
Bruce Snell
The shame of this book is that only fans of Ann Coulter will bother to read it. Her research is excellent, and her comparison between the American Revolution and the French revolution should be required reading in any history class. Ann makes the point that the difference between those two revolutions is that the Americans based their revolution on the Rule of Law, and that lead to George Washington and the US Constitution, while the French revolution was based on mob frenzy and that led to Robe...more
John Harder
In Demonic, Ms. Coulter expends great effort dissecting the life of mobs; who is susceptible to them, how they act and why they have a proclivity to violence. Mobs can only respond to simplistic slogans and symbols and are always composed of liberals. As mobs are irrational and liberalism is always counter to rationality, by default the mob and violence is its natural result of liberalism. Ann gives plenty of examples with a particularly in-depth analysis of the French Revolution -- the template...more
Brian
I read Ann's books for the hilarity. This book is a non stop onslaught of the Demonic MOB called the Democratic Party. Harsh? Not even in the same ball park with the HARSH actions of the MOB she is condemning. Ann is communicating to the reader that if sane people don't start to overreact, the unintended consequences of MOB rule will drastically change what fair minded people enjoy about America, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Her use of hyperbole is sometimes a bit much, her abilit...more
Rene'
This was given as a gag gift to a friend (not from me!) and out of curiosity I decided to give it a look. OMG -- For the first hour it was hysterically funny in the way a Monty Python spoof would entertain but after a while the bad writing and the delusion, distortions of truth, personal opinions put forth as truths, and the bald faced lies got to be too much to be entertaining. Did I mention narcissistic arrogance?

Here is one short example that may say it all:
"If Charles Manson's followers hadn...more
Carol
Thought provoking and frightening. "Demonic" breaks down the characteristics of a mob and illustrates how liberals (American, Asian, European) have used this to wind up the masses to do their bidding and give away their rights with countless historical and modern examples. "Demonic" extensively covers events and people of interest of the last 25 years up until mid-2010 and the French Revolution. It also covers most major events of the 1900s, and a few major events from the 1800s and 1700s. "Demo...more
Patrick
Amazon review:

In her most provocative book to date, Ann Coulter argues that liberals exhibit all the psychological characteristics of a mob, for instance:

Liberal G...more
Justin
I read this book mostly as a joke, expecting to laugh at the outrageous things she would say. I expected a lot of crazy comments from the woman that said, "That's why our blacks are better than their blacks." A statement that landed her the #10 spot on the list "most racist comments in 2011" according to Colorlines. I would have to say, she didn't disappoint:

Pg. 29 "When Obama came along, guess who liberals started having sex dreams about? Yes, the big-eared beanpole."

Pg: 45 "Ironically, Liberal...more
Sandi
It's nearly impossible to find an honest review of an Ann Coutler book. Either you rabidly hate her or you love her. I'm in neither camp and tried to read this book with an open mind. What I liked best was the history contained within, in particular the disection of the French Revolution, the Civil Rights movement and the Central Park Rape. I think the she did a good job of examining these events and how mob mentality shapes violence.
What I didn't particular care for was how she plucked stateme...more
Andy
I have never read Ann Coulter book before. I must say that I thought the parts of the book focused on the mob psychology and the comparison of the French revolution to the American revolution was fascinating. These parts of the book were well researched and her points clearly made.
I thought the contrast she painted between the two revolutions and mob psychology's involvement in the French version was strong and an insightful lesson from history in human behavior. I think the book could have been...more
Douglas Wilson
Ann Coulter does fine work. With a few exceptions, a few historical glitches, she relates in a detailed way the connections between leftism and the power of the mob. This is what she means by "demonic." Though she doesn't cite him, she may be aware of some Girard's work on mimetic desire -- it is certainly relevant to her thesis here. She is certainly courageous, and probably lonely.
Malin Friess
Ok so don't judge me for reading an Ann Coulter book...I got it on loan from the library. Rather than review this book (I didn't buy into the whole premise that liberals are like a demon possessed mob from biblical times)...I would prefer to review the process I had for checking out this book at our local Albuquerque LIbrary.

I picked the book off the shelve and the cover was half covered...and the Librarian said pleasantly "Oh is this a new book by Ann Mathers" then looking a little closer she n...more
Neil McKinlay
Just finished reading Ann Coulter's Demonic - How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America. In it she deals with the mob mentality of America's left by contrasting it with the thinking of America's right. She sees this as the difference between the actions of the purveyors of the atheistic French Revolution and those of the Christian American Revolution respectively.

I particularly loved the way she historically detailed the gory atrocities of the French Revolution with a great deal of insight into...more
Eddy Gilley
Coulter’s latest book Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America, illustrates the major differences of how Republicans/Conservatives affect change compared to Democrats/Liberals. The two chapters Coulter explains the French Revolution, is reason enough for anyone to read this book. Like her other books, she is rather vocal and provocative in getting the salient points across.

Coulter compares the antics and actions of the Liberal Left to the actions of a mob. She uses Gustave Le Bon’s 18...more
RGM
In her typical acerbic wit, Ann Coulter provides another compelling case against the liberal left, providing copious self-incriminating stories and quotes from the many propagandists who despise the traditional values and beliefs upon which this country was founded. Edgy and forthright in her opinions, she never makes any claim that she cannot back up--which is why so many on the left loathe her. In the end, nonetheless, she does another masterful job exposing the mob-like mentality of those on...more
Tony Canas
I've read a lot about Ann Coulter but I had never read anything by her. Finally I picked this one up and did my best to remain open minded. Unfortunately not only was it very hard to get through, but quite simple it's fulled of half-truths and manipulations that make it darn near impossible to finish. In Kim's words "This bitch be crazy, and that's all." The book compares all liberals to a mob from the very beginning and it never really make any solid points. A waste of paper only useful to inci...more
Charmaine
This is a meticulously researched and persuasively written book whose arguments would be nearly impossible to refute if yours was the ox being gored here -- you would be left with no choice but to attack her personally, as it seems many are doing. Coulter's wit and humor help drive home serious points well worth considering and make her books enjoyable to read. Her analysis of the French Revolution and comparison of it to the American Revolution, and the vastly different legacies of each on toda...more
Mike
This is one of my guilty pleasures, reading Ann Coulter books. Yes, she's inflammatory, and I love it! While I don't subscribe to her views completely, she still makes some compelling, albeit partisan, arguments. Best of all, though, she makes me laugh! I listened to a colleague's audio version this week (which I believe is a great way to spend a daily commute).
Don
Some people see Ann Coulter's name and may only be familiar with her from her media interviews where she can come across as a deeply partisan conservative attack dog. You will see her contentious, snarky, satirical style in her writings as well, but what you will also find is carefully documented facts, facts that liberal would prefer not to see so carefully displayed.

In this book Coulter makes a great case that our modern American liberal Democrats are the philosophical descendants of the Frenc...more
Marvin Watts
Her best work yet. She wonderfully compares and contrast the American and French revolutions making the point how the Liberals have a mob mentality which is putting this country at great risk.
Crown Publishing Group

Liberal Groupthink: “Th...more
Dan
Here's what we can take away:

Democrats = Liberals = Leftists = Anarchists = Unthinking Mobs = Violence. Therefore, every mob ever is Liberal, and every act of violence on Coulter's list is therefore attributable to Liberalism. Every act of rebellion or revolution that turned out well was due to responsible, calm, clear-thinking, reasonable conservatives. In a stunning act of rhetoric Ann takes real, actual facts and assembles them into a picture of history where everything bad that happened, whe...more
Patrick
Ann Coulter has a gift for exasperating even the people who agree with her, but she is also an underrated public intellectual and one of the few pundits whose collected work rewards close scrutiny. Among the book-length broadsides for which she is known, none is more enlightening than this year’s “Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America,” which was released in June by Crown Forum, a subsidiary of Random House, Inc.

This time around, a recounting of the savageries wrought by the Frenc...more
Jen B
I am usually too busy reading to write book reviews; this book, however, merits a few words.

Whether or not you like Ann Coulter or her beliefs, I do believe this book—or at least a portion of it—is something everyone should read, particularly if you are an American. Her section on the French Revolution is a superb (if chilling) distillation of what happened during those horrific years. If my using the words "chilling" and "horrific" mystify you, well, there's my proof: you need to read that bit...more
Frederic
What I dislike most about the work of Ann Coulter is that one can't argue with the totally Ad Hominem nature of her critique...Liberals(by which she means anyone who disagrees with Ann Coulter)are,by definition,Demonic(of the Devil)and so,beyond redemption...after that,it just becomes a litany of the evil personalties and how they seek to destroy America out of a motiveless malignity...the selective quotes and risible reference section(her sources often draw the opposite conclusion than she asse...more
  • Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • After America: Get Ready for Armageddon
  • The Obama Diaries
  • The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture
  • New Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDR's Economic Legacy Has Damaged America
  • Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left from Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
  • America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media
Ann Coulter is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers — Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America (January 2009);If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans (October, 2007); Godless: The Church of Liberalism (June 2006); How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004); Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal...more
More about Ann Coulter...
Godless: The Church of Liberalism How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America

“The theories of the French revolutionaries, as summarized by historian Roger Hancock, were founded on "respect for no humanity except that which they proposed to create.
In order to liberate mankind from tradition, the revolutionaries were ready to make him altogether the creature of a new society, to reconstruct his very humanity to meet the demands of the general will.”
2 likes
“Pilate was required to release one of the prisoners, so he gave the mob the choice of Jesus or Barabbas, a notorious murderer and insurrectionist-in otherwords, someone who incites mobs.
Again, the mob "spoke with one voice" demanding "with loud shouts" that Jesus be crucified.”
1 likes