Start by marking “Courtney Comes Clean :The High Life and Dark Depths of Music's Most Controversial Icon” as Want to Read:

In her endless quest for fame and fortune, Courtney Love has lived through addictions to substances, behaviors, and celebrity itself. For almost a year, the rock icon talked to (and tweeted at) The Fix editor-in-chief Maer Roshan about Kurt Cobain; her daughter, Frances Bean; her allegations of fraud; and her will to survive. As addiction redefines itself in the 21st centu ...more
Published January 15th 2012 by Sterling Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Courtney Comes Clean , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courtney Comes Clean

Christopher
Feb 02, 2012 Christopher rated it really liked it
This short ebook was as much of a literary version of Grey Gardens as it was a trashy celebrity tell-all. In fact, the slapdash cover and ubiquitous media frenzy of Courtney Love does a disservice to the life-imitating-art "you can't make this stuff up" freakishness offered in this profile, much of which is quoted from the nicotine-stained lips of La Love herself.

The writer does a great job of explaining his fascination with her, confessing her charms and weaknesses as two dancers engaged in a d
Kana
Publication Date January 15th, 2012

Summary:
The author (Maer Roshan) spent over a year of his life interviewing, consoling, and being one of the best friends of Courtney Love. And this book is the accumulation of all those interviews, outlining her roller coaster life.

What I Liked:
I admit, I'm a Courtney Love fan. I've always known that she has a very public and unhealthy life. But I personally feel that she has managed to be a brilliant business woman in many respects. She's managed to be a mus
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Jan 10, 2012 Lauren (Sugar & Snark) rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS
Rate The Read:
Any easy yet still quite thought-provoking read

Plot in 2 sentences or less:
Maer Roshan spent 8 months interviewing Courtney Love (lead singer of Hole, Widow to Kurt Cobain and Famous Drug addict) at a moment when she was (supposedly?) drug free. This is not so much a biography as a glimpse into Loves, intelligent, paranoid, and troubled mind.

What's right with it:
I love a good rock star biography and Courtney Love is certainly one of the most outrageous Stars I can think o
Chelsea
Jan 23, 2012 Chelsea rated it liked it
I'm going to keep this review short and simple: I liked the book. Until I realized how short it was and how much the author left frayed. I felt like I had become friends with Courtney with the interview narrating. After reading the book, I did a bit of research on Courtney which I otherwise would have never gone into, which was a bit of a challenge but interesting all the same. What can I say? She's an interesting person who does and says interesting things. I share her love for fashion and men, ...more
Kirsten
Feb 10, 2012 Kirsten rated it liked it
This is basically an extended interview--a total of 80 pages. I'm a big fan, and have read almost every interview and story she has done. She is such a complex character. On one hand, she deserves credit and recognition for her music. She is very smart, and often has very insightful things to say. I think she gets harshly criticized for her behavior in a way a similarly acting male performer would not. However, much of the stuff she does just makes no sense and she really does suffer from mental ...more
Joanne
Jan 15, 2012 Joanne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
While not a fan or not-fan of Courtney Love, went into reading this without much knowledge of Ms Love other than gossip-magazine information. I think that she is a very intelligent wreck. I thought that this could have been more detailed, as Maer Rosha, the write, spent almost a year with the star. Not really a whole lot of detail about what Ms. Love is claiming about being ripped off by people or the fact that she lost her daughter.
wendy
Feb 26, 2012 wendy rated it it was ok
i have an advance...i don't know why but she is like a car wreck to me - i have to look.

QUICK read. this is just a long interview put into book format. the one thing i couldn't get past - at one point she mentions duff mckagan. the author adds a side note as to who he is _ "the original drummer for guns n' roses." if he couldn't get this small side note fact correct - what else did he get wrong?!?
Jennifer Jackson
Feb 11, 2012 Jennifer Jackson rated it liked it
This was a fun short read and a glimpse into Courtney's wild life and crazy antics. The teasers available online from thefix.com gave away most of the juicy stuff though, and I was hoping to read more dirt!!
Andrew Roski
Feb 15, 2012 Andrew Roski rated it it was amazing
An insightful, rambling, unflinchingly honest portrait of one of the most fascinating and self-destructive women in music. The author, Maer Roshan, is a fearless and excellent interviewer who seems to bring out a side of Love that she rarely shows in public. It,s fast and deeply engrossing read.
Melanie
Feb 08, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and intimate look into Courtney's life. Great/fun read!
Apr 15, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Pretty sympathetic portrayal. Good read if you want to catch up on what Love has been up to the past few years.
Manda
Feb 06, 2013 Manda rated it really liked it
Short and roller coaster-y: as any boigraphy of Love should be.
Moira Russell
Apr 07, 2012 Moira Russell marked it as amazon-wishlist
This is on the Nook and iTunes, but not Kindle! WTF. I really want it. :-/
Beth
Feb 02, 2012 Beth added it
Shelves: not-at-library
OMG, I need a NOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maer
Maer rated it it was amazing
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Karen Rutt
Karen Rutt rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2012
Michele
Feb 04, 2012 Michele rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Hunter
Hunter rated it it was amazing
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Kayla Coppola
Kayla Coppola rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Nathalie Martinez
Nathalie Martinez rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Florian
Florian rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2012