Start by marking “Courtney Comes Clean :The High Life and Dark Depths of Music's Most Controversial Icon” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In her endless quest for fame and fortune, Courtney Love has lived through addictions to substances, behaviors, and celebrity itself. For almost a year, the rock icon talked to (and tweeted at) The Fix editor-in-chief Maer Roshan about Kurt Cobain; her daughter, Frances Bean; her allegations of fraud; and her will to survive. As addiction redefines itself in the 21st centu ...more
Published January 15th 2012 by Sterling Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Courtney Comes Clean , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courtney Comes Clean

This short ebook was as much of a literary version of Grey Gardens as it was a trashy celebrity tell-all. In fact, the slapdash cover and ubiquitous media frenzy of Courtney Love does a disservice to the life-imitating-art "you can't make this stuff up" freakishness offered in this profile, much of which is quoted from the nicotine-stained lips of La Love herself.

The writer does a great job of explaining his fascination with her, confessing her charms and weaknesses as two dancers engaged in a d
Publication Date January 15th, 2012

The author (Maer Roshan) spent over a year of his life interviewing, consoling, and being one of the best friends of Courtney Love. And this book is the accumulation of all those interviews, outlining her roller coaster life.

What I Liked:
I admit, I'm a Courtney Love fan. I've always known that she has a very public and unhealthy life. But I personally feel that she has managed to be a brilliant business woman in many respects. She's managed to be a mus
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Rate The Read:
Any easy yet still quite thought-provoking read

Plot in 2 sentences or less:
Maer Roshan spent 8 months interviewing Courtney Love (lead singer of Hole, Widow to Kurt Cobain and Famous Drug addict) at a moment when she was (supposedly?) drug free. This is not so much a biography as a glimpse into Loves, intelligent, paranoid, and troubled mind.

What's right with it:
I love a good rock star biography and Courtney Love is certainly one of the most outrageous Stars I can think o
I'm going to keep this review short and simple: I liked the book. Until I realized how short it was and how much the author left frayed. I felt like I had become friends with Courtney with the interview narrating. After reading the book, I did a bit of research on Courtney which I otherwise would have never gone into, which was a bit of a challenge but interesting all the same. What can I say? She's an interesting person who does and says interesting things. I share her love for fashion and men, ...more
This is basically an extended interview--a total of 80 pages. I'm a big fan, and have read almost every interview and story she has done. She is such a complex character. On one hand, she deserves credit and recognition for her music. She is very smart, and often has very insightful things to say. I think she gets harshly criticized for her behavior in a way a similarly acting male performer would not. However, much of the stuff she does just makes no sense and she really does suffer from mental ...more
While not a fan or not-fan of Courtney Love, went into reading this without much knowledge of Ms Love other than gossip-magazine information. I think that she is a very intelligent wreck. I thought that this could have been more detailed, as Maer Rosha, the write, spent almost a year with the star. Not really a whole lot of detail about what Ms. Love is claiming about being ripped off by people or the fact that she lost her daughter.
i have an advance...i don't know why but she is like a car wreck to me - i have to look.

QUICK read. this is just a long interview put into book format. the one thing i couldn't get past - at one point she mentions duff mckagan. the author adds a side note as to who he is _ "the original drummer for guns n' roses." if he couldn't get this small side note fact correct - what else did he get wrong?!?
Andrew Roski
An insightful, rambling, unflinchingly honest portrait of one of the most fascinating and self-destructive women in music. The author, Maer Roshan, is a fearless and excellent interviewer who seems to bring out a side of Love that she rarely shows in public. It,s fast and deeply engrossing read.
Jennifer Jackson
This was a fun short read and a glimpse into Courtney's wild life and crazy antics. The teasers available online from gave away most of the juicy stuff though, and I was hoping to read more dirt!!
Pretty sympathetic portrayal. Good read if you want to catch up on what Love has been up to the past few years.
Moira Russell
Apr 07, 2012 Moira Russell marked it as amazon-wishlist
This is on the Nook and iTunes, but not Kindle! WTF. I really want it. :-/
A fascinating and intimate look into Courtney's life. Great/fun read!
Short and roller coaster-y: as any boigraphy of Love should be.
Jun 26, 2012 Beth marked it as wanna-read-but-library-does-not-own
OMG, I need a NOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mandy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Cheyenne Hampton
Cheyenne Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Eva added it
May 21, 2015
Shawn Rossi
Shawn Rossi marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Zoraia Starnieri
Zoraia Starnieri marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Cherish marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Jenny Mccloskey
Jenny Mccloskey marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Sian Morgan
Sian Morgan marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Sheri London
Sheri London marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Kathleen Ford
Kathleen Ford marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014