Start by marking “The Bible in World History: How History and Scripture Intersect” as Want to Read:
The Bible in World History: How History and Scripture Intersect

The Bible in World History: How History and Scripture Intersect

What was happening outside Bible lands during the time of the patriarchs, Jewish kingdoms, the prophets, Jesus’ ministry, and the early church? Find out with The Bible in World History. This brand-new, fully illustrated reference breaks biblical and early church history into eight major time periods—from “Creation to the Tower of Babel” through “Anno Domini,” the years fro ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about The Bible in World History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bible in World History

Garrett Cash
This is a book I've wanted to read for a while, since I was interesting in understanding the more global context of scriptural events. The book does a fine job of that, but it's clearly written by a pastor whose writing can get a little goofy at times for a world history book. That's not to say that I don't agree with him, but the book feels a bit overly basic for a Christian who's been studying the Bible and world history for a long time. I this this would be a great book for someone who hasn't ...more
L.L. Martin
Mar 13, 2016 L.L. Martin rated it it was amazing
This review originally appeared on my blog: https://lightenough.wordpress.com/201...

The events of the Bible did not happen in a vacuum. I think one reason some people find the Bible hard to understand is that they have no clue about the other nations and people who intersect with the biblical story. It is all so foreign. Some of the countries or people groups ceased to exist long ago.

The author of this book brings the Bible to life by educating the reader about what was happening in the world as
Darlene
Aug 20, 2012 Darlene rated it really liked it
The Bible in World History says on the front cover that it puts Scripture into a global context. It does just that in a most pleasant, friendly manner. History in school was such a heavy subject and I did poorly. I love that The Bible in World History isn’t intimidating at all.

Add to that the way Bible events are shown on a timeline with world events; many photos, illustrations and maps are included; conversational details about all abound; and both Bible AND history comes alive for me.

Dynamit
Joshua Spotts
May 05, 2012 Joshua Spotts rated it really liked it
The Bible in World History by Dr. Stephen Leston is an illustrated book about Bible events and the world surrounding them. The chief question asked in the introduction is: “Where is history headed?” The author has a biblical perspective and answers this question by using Revelation chapters 19 through 21, saying that, ultimately, history will lead us to “a new world where God will establish His kingdom among people.”

Read the full review here: http://www.christianbookpreviews.com/...
Anne
Mar 13, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
Overview of what is happening in the world during biblical history. Written by a christian, so thankfully it is written from a believers standpoint.
Reminds me a lot of my high school history book. Same pictures too.
Teresa Parker
May 26, 2015 Teresa Parker rated it it was amazing
After a Bible study of Daniel, history became a little confusing, this books helps put world history together with Biblical history. I enjoyed the book and pictures very much.
Ginny
Dec 31, 2014 Ginny rated it really liked it
I really learned so much from reading this book. It combined biblical history with secular history which is exactly what I wanted.
Jerry
Jan 28, 2013 Jerry rated it it was amazing
Awesome book about the history of the world with scripture "into a global context." Nice to finally see a book that puts secular history and world history on the same time line.
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2017
Jackson Winn
Jackson Winn rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Jeneen Galvin
Jeneen Galvin rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2016
Langston
Langston rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
D.J. Miller
D.J. Miller rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
JOSEPH C MCADAMS
JOSEPH C MCADAMS rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Amy Leblanc
Amy Leblanc rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Kaye
Kaye rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Missy Gard
Missy Gard rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Brenda Dewalt
Brenda Dewalt rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Ocean Gebhardt
Ocean Gebhardt rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Jeramiah Giehl
Jeramiah Giehl rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Varghese Jose
Varghese Jose rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Thomas
Oct 20, 2012 Thomas rated it liked it
It Was OK would have liked it to be more in depth
Chet Duke
Chet Duke rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Allie Mcgee
Allie Mcgee rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Deana
Deana rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Danielle Schuman
Danielle Schuman rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015