Start by marking “Benarkah Dia Begitu atau Tidak? (Does She or Doesn't She?)” as Want to Read:
Benarkah Dia Begitu atau Tidak? (Does She or Doesn't She?)

Benarkah Dia Begitu atau Tidak? (Does She or Doesn't She?)

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Gairah. Jenis gairah melucuti-pakaian-segera, menjerit-sekeras-kerasnya, bercengkrama-di-sofa yang mengubah kehidupan.

Itulah yang diinginkan Delilah. Itulah yang didambakannya. Itulah yang dikhayalkannya kapan pun suaminya yang tidak tertarik padanya tidak ada di dekatnya. Oke, jadi hal itu sesekali membuat terlambat menjemput anak dari sekolah dan mengalihkan perhatiannya
428 pages
Published 2004 by Karisma Publishing Group (first published June 24th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Benarkah Dia Begitu atau Tidak?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benarkah Dia Begitu atau Tidak?

Stephanie
Kris
Book Description

Passion. The kind of tear-your-clothes off, scream-your-lungs-out, crash-into-the-furniture passion that changes lives.

It's what Delilah wants. It's what she craves. It's what she fantasizes about whenever her disinterested husband's not around. Okay, so it occasionally makes her late for the school run and distracts her from the fact there's no food in the fridge, but an elaborate fantasy life is a basic requirement for a fledgling soap opera writer.

Lately, though, the oddest th
I just finished reading an undomestic goddess and this book kept popping up as a suggested read, so I bought it. At first I was a surprised at how each chapter started out like a dream sequence or if you were fantasizing, so I thought I'd like it but after the fourth chapter it got a little annoying and didn't help the chapter or help the reader understand the book any better. Though it may be the authors style (I'm unsure) it wasn't needed for the story line necessarily.
Tara
I like Alisa Kwitney's writing style, humor and the literature and pop culture references. I liked the protaganist. But the fantasies that started EVERY chapter became tiresome (except the "Bewitched" themed one) and the ending was disappointing. I wish some of the time spent on sexual interludes and fantasies had been alotted for a better paced and more detailed resolution. In the end, all of the characters went flat. Even with all of the sudden revelations that were thrown in. The only charact ...more
Kaitlyn Moore
It wasn't so bad that I put the book down but not good enough to recommend to a friend. The fantasies at the beginning of each chapter were tedious to read through and I thought took away from the actual story line. The author spent so much time on these she didn't really develop the plot. Events just kind of occurred with little build up and almost made no sense. I felt like I was missing pages. I also found at one point in the book the character Sadie's name turned to Sophie. The story itself ...more
Melissa Nichole
It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. This book was a fast read.
Hsiau Wei
A book with ridiculous story plot! At first, after reading first few pages, i already struggle with it but as updated in my goodreads' feed, i gave it a benefit doubt and intend to finish reading the book. As i reach thru the third quarter of the book, i failed miserably in following thru the book and i decided to give up. The story plot was so mixed up with Delilah's fantasy and the real story plot that as a reader, i find it very confusing and annoying. This is definitely the worst book i ve r ...more
The Bibliophile
In my opinion this could have been a good story if it wasn't so confusing.

The lead character kept imagining scenarios that interfered with the overall plot.
So much so, that it was difficult to see what's imagination and what's really happening.

Then, the things that did happen was completely absurd.

If you like books with a featherbrained female, hunky male, possible assassination,
and lots and lots of marital problems this book is for you!
Britt
Jul 06, 2008 Britt rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beach bums
Recommended to Britt by: chick lit book club
Shelves: chicklit
Significantly more entertaining than I thought it would be. Kept waiting for it all to make sense and realized far too late that nothing was going to make sense and that was the silly truth of it all. Truly ridiculous...but in a good way. Also the description from the back of the book, as is often the case, thoroughly failed to capture the essence of the book. It was not what I was expecting...also in a good way. A goofy way to spend a few spare hours...
Julie
Mostly a light read, albeit far-fetched with a sloppy plot, IMO, about a stay-at-home mom who can't seem to get anything right around the house. Her husband is distant and disapproving and she finds herself fantasizing about the plumber sent to repair a leak.

Soon her real life is as outlandish as her fantasies (most of which I just skipped over because I didn't really find them all that interesting).
Amber Jones
If you want to read a book about a woman who fantisizes about sex all of the time, this book is for you. Every other chapter was her fantasy's about the plumber who was really an FBI agent who was investigating her cross-dressing (gasp!) husband.

I generally like these types of books because they are easy to read, but this one was cooky and I was really tired of the main characters fantasy's.
Heather
I think i got this book as a gift and I put it off for a while, but decided to pick it up when i ran out of things to read. This is a really easy read, but a little too extreme for me. The story line is a little out there and for it to have such a crazy plot, the ending was subpar and a little outrageous. Not to mention, it was nothing but a woman and her fantasies....eh
Monica
Wasn't sure what to think of this book. It's the first book I've read from Alisa Kwitney. It was a quick, easy read. I didn't care for the dream sequences at the beginning of each chapter and skipped over most of them. The end caught me a bit off guard and not really expecting it. Just really out there. But I will definitely give her other books a try.
Drianne
Chick-lit. I'm sorry I wasted the time to read this, since while the trope of writing out all the main character's fantasies about the not-plumber was interesting, ultimately there was no there there, and I was incredibly irritated that she considered 'immediate divorce' the right response to her discovery that her husband is a cross-dresser. Avoid.
Angel Perkins
"EH" is about as good as I can give this one. The dream sequences at the beginning of each chapter are completely unnecessary and they detract from the actual story. Then again, the actual story started out so slowly that by the time it built up enough momentum to keep me reading, it became so absurd that I didn't really care.
Amanda
The main character creates fantasy scenarios that were fun for a while but then I found myself skipping through them too. Thankfully the further into the story the shorter that they are. And the story doesn't lean on them so you're not feeling at a loss when you do skip them. Essentially though a fun and quick read.
Kimberly709
alisa kwittney adds just the right amount of fiction so it doesn't seem so out of this world. I like how the blurb just pulls you in with the FBI part. im at tha part where delilah has a dream as ford the plumber is a vampire and she is the widow who lost her husband and child to another vampire.
Katie
I'm really not sure how I made it through this book. The dream sequences at the beginning of each chapter were awkward and unnecessary in my opinion. I found the main character a bit annoying. The plot was too far fetched.

The only redeeming qualities were the few funny bits.
Beth
I really struggled through the first half of this book. I thought that the little fantasies at the beginning of each chapter were annoying and disrupted the flow of the story. I guess that they actually were important to the story but I just found them distracting.
Christian
One thing I remember about this book is the... Lord, forgive me, the sex scene. VERY HOT (all capitals, baby... if you know what I mean). This book is a guilty pleasure. Like chocolate ice cream, you can't help yourself eating it until your spoon meet the cup's end.
Sarah K  Grundy
Love it a script writer, NYC mom, absorbed w/ her script can't seem to clean up or dress tidy to bring her daughter to school...takes you through her script writing journey and saucey secrets that are revealed from her marriage!
Kataklicik
Gaaarrrhhhh.

Not my cup of tea. The fantasies that began most of the chapters were distracting and oh, sooooo unneccessary. The plot was ridiculous, and oyyyy, where was the funny?

Heck. Give this one a miss.
Lenore
The sarcasm was good. Now the rest of it...I didn't finish. I didn't feel like I needed to hear the writers weird fantasies and when the sex and masturbation started in, I check out. No thanks!
Diah Didi
Jujur, dari sinopsisnya sih kayaknya seru, tapi begitu baca saya merasa bosan. Kayaknya sih lebih karena faktor terjemahan ya. Terbiasa dengan chicklit terjemahannya GPU, jadi berasa aneh.
Ashley-Marie
Very enjoyable read, and I liked Delilah's little daydreams. Although I didn't enjoy the non-ending, and would have wanted an epilogue, but that's jusy my personal taste.
Arria
Started out good, lots of sexual tension, but the end wasn't that thrilling to me.
Amberleigh
I found this book to be light-hearted and funny. I really enjoyed this book!
Eileen Almonte
this book looks very interesting and very good for girls to read about gossip!
Heidi
It was ok, over all good story. Very unexpected ending!
Nan
At times so ridiculous I almost put it away for good.
  • Smart Vs. Pretty
  • Diary of a Working Girl
  • What A Girl Wants
  • Engaging Men
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
  • Baggage
  • Being Committed
  • Easy
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • The Nine Month Plan
  • Losing It
  • Hating Valentine's Day
  • Fashionably Late
  • The Ex Files
  • You Could Do Better
  • Love: A User's Guide: A Novel of Romance with Attitude
  • Technical Hitch (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
Alisa Kwitney is an American author.

Kwitney was born in New York City. She graduated from Wesleyan University with a Bachelor of Arts in English and from Columbia University's Master of Fine Arts Fiction Writing Program. Kwitney was also an editor for Vertigo, the mature/dark fantasy branch of DC Comics. Harper-Collins published her first novel, Till The Fat Lady Sings, in 1991. This was also her
More about Alisa Kwitney...
The Sandman: King of Dreams The Dominant Blonde Token Destiny: A Chronicle of Deaths Foretold On the Couch