Start by marking “Volcanoes! (National Geographic Kids)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Volcanoes!

Anne Schreiber

Volcanoes! (National Geographic Readers)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The cool story of volcanoes will intrigue kids and adults alike. Hot melted rock from the middle of our planet forces its way up through cracks in the Earth’s crusts, exploding violently and sometimes unexpectedly in volcanic fury that can terrorize populations for months, even years. Anne Schreiber’s narrative gives readers a little of the science, a little of the history ...more
Published May 20th 2011 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Volcanoes!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Volcanoes!

Dolly
Dec 13, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
This is a short, informative book about volcanoes, designed for young school-age children. The narrative is interesting and the text is paired with many colorful photographs. Our youngest brought this book home from her second grade class to practice her reading and comprehension of nonfiction material.

While the scientific material presented isn't all that new to our girls, the narrative was short and interesting. Our girls really liked the riddles and the interesting facts that are included in
Sam Angari
Bonding with the nephew! I learned some interesting things from this little book. Will come back with a short review for sure!

I just wanna say that a very thin book can answer a lot of questions in ur mind. A reminder that quality isn't governed by the number of pages.
Larrullo
My favorite Natl. Geo. reader so far. Good basic information on what volcanoes are, the parts of volcanoes, types of volcanoes, types of eruptions, and locations of volcanoes throughout the world. The vocabulary is good with definitions in separate boxes on the page it appears in the text. The pictures are awesome photographs, and there are little tidbits about some famous volcanoes throughout the book. We spent over an hour reading it without my six year old losing interest or getting frustrate ...more
babyhippoface
General information on volcanoes and details about cone volcanoes, shield volcanoes, and stratovolcanoes are accompanied by excellent photos of eruptions and the landforms that result. Insets with volcano-related jokes and definitions are frequent. The reading level is appropriate for independent readers; this is a good addition to elementary libraries.
Dominique St-pierre
This informational text has super illustrations and wonderful detail about volcanoes. Such a boys' book (but my girls loved it, too!) that captured their attention and had them story telling, exploring and imagining.
Rebecca Quiroz
How are volcanoes formed? Well this is a great informational book for all who are interest. Both child and adult will love this book. Hot melted rock that pushed through the earth? Wow!
Jessica Benson
Interesting book that young kids would enjoy hearing, and older kids could get some great information from to understand the process of volcanoes better. I used this nook in a reading center for children to get information during a week when we learned about volcanoes.
Jessica P.
Interesting book that young kids would enjoy hearing, and older kids could get some great information from to understand the process of volcanoes better. AR: 4.0, 0.5pts
Ashley
An informational text for students to learn about volcanoes with beautiful pictures. Used in a fourth grade class reading corner.
Chanel
I love the real pictures and the explanation of volcanoes. This is a level 2 science book.
Angela
Noah and I sat down to read this for about an hour. A record reading AND paying attention time.
Malcolm
IT WAS VERY FASANATING.I liked when the people could swim in the hot volcanoe water.
Lori
I2B for Rashad, short but interesting.
Karolina Zienkaitė
Karolina Zienkaitė marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Pjr
Pjr marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Tasnim
Tasnim marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Hajni Ferencz
Hajni Ferencz marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Tina Williams
Tina Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5) The Magic School Bus in the Arctic: A Book About Heat: A Book About Heat Sharks! (National Geographic Kids) Penguins! Pandas (National Geographic Kids)