Yesterday Returns - Episode One (A short story)

Yesterday Returns - Episode One (A short story)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
'Yesterday Returns-Episode One'.
Science fiction short story with a cliff-hanger ending.
Set in a future where the human race have long since left a poisoned planet Earth. A small group is sent to investigate this old dead planet, but unknown to them there are dark forces behind the decision to launch this mission.
For age 12 and up.
NB: This is a 3,000+ word short story.
Published August 14th 2011

CK
I'm always on the look out for a fantastic short story. And the description really captured my attention. I've always been a big-time fan of science fiction my entire life so when I saw this short story by Ian Davies, I knew I had to have it.

I was instantly drawn into the story. Our main character, Commander Piata Brunnel lives on a planet called Galilao. Galilao is now the new Earth. Sadly, Earth was poisoned and had to be abandoned long ago. The commander is sent on a mission to see if the pl...more
Kimberly LaRocca
I was thoroughly surprised by how good Yesterday Returns Episode One was. Set in the distant future it tells the story about the human race returning to earth after they had left the planet poisoned and inhabitable only to find that another race had taken their place. The story was very interesting and I look forward to the sequel. I'm sure that I won't be the last person to say that this would be a great movie.
Randy Harmelink
A decent story, as far as it goes. But I don't understand the concept of publishing a 12-page and a 22-page "book", each for $0.99. Just write the full 32 pages and release it as a single short story. Even then, $0.99 is over-priced, when 200- and 300-page books are going for $2.99.

The primary reason for the 3 rating is that I have no desire to pick up the rest of the story in the second book.
J.G. Wilson
J.G. Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Namerah
Namerah marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2011
Matt Posner
Matt Posner marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2011
Tom Horton The Invisible Spy Trying To Save Money? (Austerity today) Tom Horton - Dirty Bomb My Hour Glass Trying To Eat For A Happy Heart ?