Start by marking “Love Life and See Good Days” as Want to Read:
Love Life and See Good Days

Love Life and See Good Days

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
To see a good day, change your perspective. Look at things in a different light. Laugh. Uncover the good that may be concealed. Let your perspective allow you to focus on the Lord. Through Him, understanding will come.
-Emily Freeman
134 pages
Published by Deseret Book (first published October 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love Life and See Good Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Life and See Good Days

Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
Jun 23, 2013 Erika B. (SOS BOOKS) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spir-tual
This is an AMAZING book! I loved it! I work at Deseret Book and we all passed this around amongst the employees and would just laugh at some of the stories in this book! We try to sell it to everyone because we loved it so much! Emily Freeman has this amazing ability to take a gospel concept and see it in an entirely different light! Want an example?

"Speaking of the Savior, it asks, "Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the
Stephanie Taylor
Emily is an amazing author and maintains such a positive perspective. She truly exemplifies her words and I love this book. My goal is to see good days no matter what. Thank you Emily!
Kira
Apr 04, 2012 Kira rated it really liked it
Shelves: deseret
This was a sweet book. I loved the parables and the every day examples she used to illustrate her points and make the scriptures understandable and applyable. It reminded me of Elder Bednar's talks in that way. The parable of the Skunk was hilarious and I still giggle when I think about it. The advice in this book is wonderful and timeless because it is rooted in the gospel. The scriptural references were great and she made a few really good points that helped me change my perspective and gave m ...more
Angie
Jan 17, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
This book was exactly what I needed to read. The content was timely for my life, so I really enjoyed it. The style of writing is simple and easy to understand, so you could sit down and read through this book in a day or two. The author shared some great stories that I could definitely relate to.

I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. If you are searching for something simple and uplifting, this would be a great book to consider. It helps to see the beauty in all situations.
Eduardo
Jan 09, 2012 Eduardo rated it it was amazing
I was surprise with this one. Went to Deseret Book and told this very intelligent girl what kind of books I liked and she suggested this and that book that I had already read. But then she picked up this one and told me it was written by this lady who wrote 21 Days Closer to Christ - a book for women. I think this one was written for women too but it is amazingly positive and again, she has that trait that I love in my favorite writers: she will not waste you time. She talks about having a posit ...more
Ashlee
Jan 07, 2016 Ashlee rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. Maybe it was because I have seen her speak in person. I feel like I can connect with her experiences as a mother especially as a mother of a child with diabetes. I loved her insight and perspective in this self-help book.
Cherie
Nov 26, 2011 Cherie rated it really liked it
Emily Freeman always manages to get me to look at life as a wonderful gift. This little book focuses on how to see each day as the most wonderful day of your life. When talking to friends, family, or even strangers met along the way, people tend to say "have a good day!" Freeman says that we should focus more on "seeing a good day." If we see the day as good, everything that happens in it will be better. In order to "see a good day," we need to change our perspective and look at things in a diff ...more
alisonwonderland
The title of this little book comes from a verse in 1 Peter. As always, Emily Freeman gives me ways of looking at scripture in new ways that enlighten and inspire me.
Julie
May 12, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-literature
Some very nice thoughts. Emily Freeman has a nice way of looking at and wording things. I always enjoy her stories as well. It makes her concepts so easy to remember.
Rebecca Young
Feb 13, 2012 Rebecca Young rated it really liked it
I couldn't decide between four and five stars! I would definitely say 4 1/2!! ; ) I really loved her insight and perspective. The ideas that she shares are very meaningful. Each chapter focuses on a particular principle that can help us SEE good days. I found myself wishing I owned my own copy so that I could highlight all the really profound thoughts! She is obviously quite a scholar of the scriptures...I enjoyed her use of some rather obscure verses from Deuteronomy. I am anxious to check out ...more
Vivian
Apr 19, 2012 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
There is so much power in this little book! I loved every minute of reading it. I read a chapter each morning after reading a chapter of the scriptures and every night, again after reading a chapter of the scriptures. I want to give a copy to my sisters.

Sadly, my brain is like a sieve and all the good of each chapter trickled out as soon as I shut the book. (Which is also true of the scriptures for me). :(

If I had my own copy of the book I would take the time to do what she suggests with each
Steph
Jul 10, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it
I started out with a little bit of a negative attitude towards the book and author when I first started reading the book - Who is this lady to be giving me advice on how to live my life? What sort of qualifications does she have? After all, she's not a general authority for my LDS faith and she hasn't been previously. After I got a few chapters in though my attitude started to change and I really started enjoying it. It was a relatively quick read and my favorite line that I got from the book, w ...more
Lori
Jan 18, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you come across a book that is just what you need at that moment. This was one for me. I love Emily Freeman's use of scripture and her life's experiences to illustrate how we can "see" good days. I was surprised at the scripture selections, but they made me think about and ponder on verses that I had often read without really making a connection to my everyday life. I especially loved her chapter about "living after the manner of happiness". It dovetailed with some other books I am rea ...more
Robyn Cherrington
Feb 23, 2014 Robyn Cherrington rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Awesome book!
Michelle Davis
Nov 03, 2014 Michelle Davis rated it it was amazing
This book is so uplifting and inspiring! I really enjoyed it! I will probably re-read this one a couple of times.
Nancy
Jul 11, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nancy by: Caralee
There is a story about a skunk at the beginning that had me laughing and the last chapter is about a 'happiness' journal of her grandmother's. In between are a lot of straightforward insights and ideas on how to better love life and see good days. A lot of scriptures are cited with her interpretation as how they relate to the topic. She uses a lot of stories. What could be overly sentimental or preachy is not; it feels more like thoughts shared between friends. I quite liked it.
Marcie
Aug 12, 2012 Marcie rated it really liked it
This book has a simple concept -- a compilation of ways to change your perspective and see good days each and every day. Each chapter highlights a different method for loving life (even when life is hard) and while the ideas were not necessarily earth shattering or brand new, I still really enjoyed this book. The book is a great reminder and filled with sweet stories to illustrate her points. Definitely recommend for a quick, uplifting read.
Michelle
Mar 07, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
It took less than an hour to read. Though the book was inspiring and motivating with some good personal stories that prove her points, I didn't feel like there was much new said, and indeed, with a subject like this in a genre like this, there never will be. Her writing is free and simple, and I considered just reading the whole book aloud for the talk I'll be giving in church this weekend. Just kidding. I wouldn't do that.
Heather
Apr 26, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable little read of hope and inspiration.
Nita
Sep 01, 2012 Nita rated it it was amazing
great book that I bought at Time Out for Women. You feel as if the author is your friend, sharing words and examples to encourage you durnig a challenging time! I actually bought this to give to a friend who was going through a hard time, and I read the book before giving it to my friend! I am going to have to find myself a good used copy so I can have it in my library as well!
Becky
Apr 21, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
Once in a while a book comes along at just the right moment in my life. That is how I feel about this little gem. I laughed and cried and felt so uplifted. "To see a good day, change your perspective."
Hopefully I will "see good days" more and more because of the insights offered. Loved loved this book.
Alison
Apr 27, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing
Reading this book is like having a wise friend remind you of all the good things in life. The author shares her wisdom, funny stories, and scriptures to serve as a reminder to see good things each and every day of our lives. This the kind of book I want to own and read often. I'd highly recommend it!
Charlotte
Mar 18, 2012 Charlotte rated it really liked it
Shelves: gospel
I needed the message in this book to "love life and see good days." Taken from a scripture in 1 Peter, the subject of this book is about perspective and making our own happiness. This is a quick read with a direct and simple message. If we want good days, we have to take the effort to see them.
Megan
Feb 28, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
These isn't really anything earth-shattering about this little book, but it really did make me feel happy and uplifted. It's lots of little nuggets of things to do to live a happier life (definitely Mormon/Christian-centric) but they feel concrete and doable and believable. I enjoyed it.
Kerri
Jan 02, 2015 Kerri rated it it was amazing
A great book, made even better by the personal stories and anecdotes therein. Really fast, I read it in a day, which is good for me, because I'm not a big nonfiction fan. Her twelve tools to see good days are all very realistic, useful, and doable. I definitely recommend.
Amber
Dec 03, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
It is nice to be reminded sometimes that having a good day is actually a choice we can make. This book uses scriptures to point out 12 different things we can do to help us "see good days". I really liked the personal stories that added to the concepts.
Stacey
Feb 08, 2012 Stacey rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It is thought provoking! Makes you take action. I really do "see" my days different. I want to implement her suggestions. I really admired her knowledge of the scriptures and it encouraged me to dive deeper into my scripture study!
Jessie H.
Jan 25, 2016 Jessie H. rated it really liked it
This book was a inspirational way to approach how to see the good in each day. It was a religious read written by a member of my faith. I need that little bit of religious outlook and inspiration some days.
Shelley Gee
Feb 19, 2012 Shelley Gee rated it it was amazing
A fun light-hearted book about how to have a good day even though life is never easy and how with God help we can definitely overcome and make it. Easily one of the best books I have EVER read!
Alyson
Apr 27, 2013 Alyson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church
I love this book! It's message is truly uplifting and inspiring. It makes a wonderful quick read with lots of great stories! This book really makes you think about how you view each day!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • What Would a Holy Woman Do?
  • The Mother's Mite: Why Even Our Smallest Efforts Matter
  • Of Pigs, Pearls, and Prodigals: A Fresh Look At the Parables of Jesus
  • Created for Greater Things
  • Lighten Up
  • A Quiet Heart
  • Live, Love, and Learn: Devotional Messages for Women
  • The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Mee Speaks: But Does She Have Anything to Say?
  • Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman
  • The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us
  • A Heart Like His: Making Space for God's Love in Your Life
  • Small and Simple Things
  • Eternal Man
Emily Freeman and Simon Dewey collaborated on the bestselling book The Ten Virgins. For nearly 20 years, Emily has addressed groups of women as a writer, songwrite, and motivational speaker. Her deep love of the scriptures comes from a strong desire to find their application in modern-day life. Emily and her husband, Greg, are the parents of four children and live in Lehi, Utah. Simon Dewey studie ...more
More about Emily Freeman...

“To my new found friend, May you see a good day. May your perspective be governed by light, laughter, and discernment. If mountain moments come your way, may you rise above and continue your journey knowing the Lord is with you. May the breaking of each day find you on your knees. May you live after the manner of happiness. May your focus lead you to understand that God is in the details. As you pray each day for the answer you want, may you remember that He might send the answer you need. May your heart have great experience. May listing what you love allow you to recognize your joys. If sorrow comes your way, may you sow in tears and reap in joy. May you always remember the important days of your life, specially the days when your testimony burned within. May your eyes be quick to search from one side of heaven unto the other and recognize the great things as tender mercies from the Lord. May the oil of gladness permeate your heart. May every day be a day of gladness and a good day because you have chosen the good part. This is my wish for you.” 0 likes