Start by marking “Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies

Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  3 reviews
More than 150 tasty recipes for gluten-free bakingImagine baking without flour. Impossible, right? Essentially, that's what you're doing when you bake gluten-free. Sure, there are replacement flours, but there's an art to combining those ingredients to re-create the tastes you know and love. Baking is truly the greatest challenge when cooking gluten-free, and more than 150 ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by For Dummies (first published November 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies

Bell
Great book for beginners who know little to nothing about celiac disease or gluten intolerance. And some pretty delicious-sounding recipes for the advanced gluten-free baker.

I’ve had this sneaking suspicion I’m gluten intolerant (before I read this book, I thought maybe I had celiac). Now, I might even be non-celiac gluten sensitive. (wink, wink to the author). I feel so educated now. Blood tests are in order I guess. For now, I’m ok with this book.

Looking back, I may have inadvertently experim
Corinne
I love that this book goes into the science of how gluten-free flours work and what we can do to ensure a blend that behaves the way we want. The only real reason that it's a 4 star instead of a 5 star is that it can be a little repetitive at times, and a lot of the info lacks citations which is something the scientist in me can't quite abide.
Bev
I have mixed feelings on this cookbook. I was really excited over some of the tables in the front, for converting between flour types for recipes. (Take that, sorghum based recipes!) It also explained ratios for different types of baked goods and how to use them to check recipes or design your how.

So far I have tried the angel food cake recipe. Other GF angel food cakes I've made have been a little bit dense, but overall had the texture and flavor of 'real' angel food cake. I was so excited as
Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kerryn Rose
Kerryn Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Amber Nesbitt
Amber Nesbitt marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Gmccs
Gmccs added it
Nov 29, 2014
Christia
Christia marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Moon
Moon marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Rosanna Pattavina
Rosanna Pattavina marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Debbie West
Debbie West marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Carol Van horn
Carol Van horn marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013