Start by marking “Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star” as Want to Read:
Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  2,100 ratings  ·  283 reviews

Darcy's as hot as he is talented...

Fast music, powerful beats, and wild reputations-on and off stage-have made virtuoso guitarist Fitzwilliam Darcy's band into rock's newest bad boys. But they've lost their latest opening act, and their red-hot summer tour is on the fast track to disaster. Now Darcy and bandmates Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam are about to meet

Published September 6th 2011 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published August 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star

Lindsay
Confession time…I’ve never actually finished Pride and Prejudice. *Hanging head in shame*. I didn’t have to read it in school, and I put off reading it because it felt like a school book. I didn’t want the blah school books to rub off on it. So I waited. I’ve attempted to read it but, alas, a new semester started and the book didn’t get finished.

However, I’ve seen multiple versions of the movie and have loved (most of) them. My favorite being the 2005 version starring Keira Knightly and Matthew
Jenna Howard
This book was 420 pages too long and since it's 424 pages...that's saying quite a bit.

Between the poor editing, the constant character point of view head hopping and the purple prose, I seriously wanted to stick a drumstick in my eye. I'm not a fan of fanfiction, nor authors riding the coattails of the classics but I liked the cover on this (yeah...I'm that superficial) and it was a little intriguing: Darcy as a rock star? Leather pants? Okay. Sign me up.

I felt like the personality characteristi
Z
Pride and Prejudice with Darcy as a rock star, sounds like fun, right? Wrong.

Let me say I grew up in the era of fanfiction, and this reads very much like one, it probably was before it was published given the author takes the time to note who the characers are compared to their celebrity equivalents beforehand.

It was pretty much reading a bad fanfiction (my band of choice was Hanson back in the day and with the three guys and a female love interest for each it was very familiar) and the characte
Anna

Reviewed at Books to Brighten your Mood

As soon I started reading Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star I truly believed that I had in my hands the best fan fiction I have ever read and a really good contemporary romance title. I'm sad to say that by the time I had read the first 1/3 of the book, my opinion started to change rapidly, only to leave me by the end exhausted and feeling that I have read one of the worst contemporary titles ever. I mean this book literally sucked the life force out of me...

I'l
Theresa
I DID IT. I completed FD,RS. The rite of passage is complete. I am now a man. Was it worth the sacrifice? I cannot honestly say. I only know I will never see this world the same again.
Joy (joyous reads)
If you're expecting a re-telling of Pride and Prejudice, you'll be sorely disappointed. This is fan fiction; I can't even say it's a retelling because it's not. It's set in an alternate universe where Will Darcy is a rock god. I must admit, I was sold on this book right off the bat because of this premise. After all, the Darcy I know fits the perfect rock star: surly, snobby, and yeah sexy. Hundred pages into the book, I was laughing rather, sarcastically at the mostly cheesy dialogues, the char ...more
Susan
I somewhat shamefacedly admit to liking a lot of the P&P sequels, variations, etc. but this was a wall-banger from the get-go. While the idea of Darcy as a rock god, and Elizabeth Bennett as an aspiring rock guitarist, has potential, the execution was amateurish and painful to read. And the sex scenes - oh my god, shoot me now! Even if I did want to read about modern day Elizabeth and Darcy doing it like rabbits (which I don't), I definitely would not want to subject myself to this type of l ...more
Emily
With another opening band hitting the road, troubled band Slurry is looking for another one to join the tour when they find the all girl band Long Borne Suffering. Fitzwilliam Darcy has always tried to protect the band from negative press, often plazing false allegations towards himself when he sees his best friend Charles Bingley falling hard for lead singer Jane Bennett, Darcy worries that the blossoming romance could ruin the tour, but that is not the only unease on Darcy's mind.

Darcy does no
Linda
If you enjoyed Jane Austin's pride and Predjudice , you will like this. Modern day version. Fitzeilliam Darcy is the lead guitarist and creator of the band Slurry. Darcy is very controlling and uptite. The other members of the band are his cousin the drummer Richard Fitzwilliam and the base player Charles Bingley. Charles replaced Darcy'sformer freind George Wickham. Slurry has not had the best of luck with touring thy keep having to end their tours early due to illness and loss on warm up bands ...more
Doroty Ellis
The book was really good written and in some moments hilarious.The only thing i didn't like was the length of the book, and sometimes the unneeded explanation of things. And Darcy being the slobbering mass of goo at the end of the book. So my rating is probably 4.5 but leaning to 5.
Maria Fernanda  Gonzalez
I wans't really sure about this book when I first saw it. I mean, a re-tale of Pride and Prejudice where Darcy is a rockstar? With this cover? I was immediatelly "Hmm... I don't know". But because my friends recommended it, I decided to give it a go. And it starts out very nicely. The band thing is cool, and the characters seemed to behave in acordance with the Austen's original novel. By the middle of the book, thought, it was getting ridiculous. The original Pride and Prejudice was forgotten a ...more
Iva
What to say about this book? I can honestly say it's a great interpretation of Pride and Prejudice even though it's certainly not better, not even close.
The author mentioned that this wasn't supposed to be published. It's her first book and Heather Lynn Rigaud is an author with an awesome talent for transferring the basic problems of the original into this modern version and adding some more spice into it. Well, not just some. She wrote from every character's POV, and even Darcy's which, in my o
Kim
When you think of Rock ’N’ Roll, two things besides music come to mind: sex and drugs. Now think of Rock ‘N’ Roll and throw in the characters of our beloved Pride and Prejudice. Yes, you read that right, Pride and Prejudice plus sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll. Such is the premise for Fitzwilliam Darcy: Rock Star, the innovative, contemporary retelling of P&P by author Heather Lynn Rigaud.

Fitzwilliam Darcy is the guitar god of Slurry, a rock band that also includes singer Charles Bingley and d
Maria Angelica
A escrita desse livro é abismal!! Hahahahahahahaha.
A premissa do livro é muito legal, mas a escrita, o excesso de cenas de sexo e a estupidez dos diálogos me fez perceber o quanto eu avancei na minha leitura e análise de narrativa nos últimos anos. Não acredito que eu achei legal alguns anos atrás.
Mely
I strongly suspect this will be terrible, but I really really wanna read it anyway. And it came down to $1.99.

It is so sad that I broke my "no new ebooks until I've finished the ones I've already paid for" rule for this and not any of the books on my wishlist that will not embarrass me.

I guess either you will understand the irrestible attraction of a Pride & Prejudice rock star AU or you won't.

Thank god at last I am free of this atrocity.
Noushin
Honestly i don't know what the author was thinking writing such a bad piece of fiction. While the book comes off as quite an interesting version of Austen's classic even before you are half way through you start to see the flaws in the story. the constant change in narration is confusing as it is irritating. Even is the rockstar personna of the characters is nothing less than typical there's no real depth to any of them. Disappointing really.
Kate
What a disaster. This book was basically allergic to contractions. Every line of dialogue included the name of the person being addressed. Characterization, and I use that term loosely, was all over the place. The prose was the purplest of purples. There were way too many characters covered, and this read like a third person limited without breaks rather than the third person omniscient which is what I think was intended. The sex scenes were ludicrous. Plus this book was at least 150 pages too l ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Now this one was certainly different from the other variations I have read. But the story is still there, just further back and with modern aspects to it. Darcy is still Darcy and Lizzy is still Lizzy.

But yes still very different. Darcy is a rockstar with his own band Slurry. Wickham used to play there too but was thrown out, later we learn why. But now there is Bingley who is as sweet as ever, and Richard who is the person that has changed the most. Poor Richard has a few addictions. Lady Cathe
Becky R.
Although Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star is an obvious take on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, this book really needs to be considered a book that stands on its own. Purists would probably never get through the fast-paced, crazy lifestyle of rock stars on the road, which is just where we find our P&P characters. The pride is definitely there, as would be expected with a big rock star like Darcy is in the novel, who has taken on a young girl group starring Jane, Elizabeth, and Charlotte. The t ...more
There is something so satisfying about a guity-pleasure read that makes them delightfully enjoyable. And this book, if nothing else, is a great guilty-pleasure read. Hot men, smart women, rock and roll - and of course, Happily Ever After.

So of course, we're not talking about high literature or sweeping drama. This is a modern Pride and Prejudice with rock stars. Only, the rock stars and their "legendary" hijinks are pretty much nowhere to be found. The cover says "Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll" bu
Eliza Baum
This book started off strong. I loved the concept, and I loved the prologue. I couldn't stop giggling at the idea of my favorite characters in these new roles, and I'm a sucker for a musician anyway, so this was a great combo.

Unfortunately, that giggly feeling didn't stick around. I got to 63% and finally just had to put it down. At that point, I had been skimming for easily 20%.

The POV hops between characters with dizzying frequency, and even if it hadn't, all of the perspectives other than Eli
Candy
WOW! What a fantastic book! There wasn’t a dull moment in this! Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star is a great modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. I totally love Darcy and Elizabeth, they are both so intense. The way they get into their music to sort out their feeling is really cool.

When members, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam of the rock band Slurry, are in need of an opening act for their tour, they ask the all girl band, Elizabeth Bennet, Jane Bennet and Charlotte
April
This book felt like it took forever to finish! However, I enjoined the book. There are many reasons I gave the book a 3/3.5 instead of a full on 4. At times it was a bit over extended and I admit to skimming a bit. The book was undeniably sexy, but there were a lot of sex scenes, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it got slightly redundant. I loved the characters, especially Will and Richard because they are so honest, but the dialog was sometimes unrealistic.Plain and simple, people that ...more
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
A combination of Jane Austen and the world of rock-and-roll, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star is a high-voltage and unplugged retelling of Pride and Prejudice that is absorbing and dynamic. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Charles Bingley, and Richard Fitzwilliam make up the bad-boy rock band called Slurry. And with their tattoos, long hair, leather pants, and intensely emotional performances they are some of the hottest and most unique reincarnations of these characters I have ever encountered! The men of Slurry ...more
Anna
So, I was engrossed in this book one minute and then found myself doing the eye rol because it was a bit too "neat and tidy" at the end...but then I get to this quote on the second to the last page of the book:

"It IS like a fairy tale. I read the news reports and even I can't believe it. ...(removed for spoiler reasons)... That just sounds so hokey. If you tried to sell our story to a movie studio, they would just laugh."

Yes. That's right. But, you don't really feel much of the hokey because of
Erica
After reading some of the one-star reviews and the prologue to this book, I almost said forget it since I had borrowed it from the library. Then, remembering how much I liked the Pride and Prejudice movie with Colin Firth in it, I decided to give it at least three chapters before I added it to my DNF shelf. I never read the book Pride and Prejudice, but since I saw the movie, I had the basic premise down.

I am VERY glad I didn't give up on it. What a totally FUN book! Yes, it was predictable. Bu
Mandy Rizzo
Alvin and the Chipmunks???

"three members of a girl group [with] three members of a rock band. That just sounds so hokey. If you tried to sell our story to a movie studio, they'd just laugh..."

News flash, they did sell the story and made the movie. It was was Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel. Unfortunately "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star" as a book is just as unbelievable as singing chipmunks.

While "Rock Star Romance" is one of my favorite sub-genres I just couldn't get into this one, every
Charlene
This modern P&P that turns Fitwilliam Darcy into a HOT rock star with Charles Bingley and his cousin Richard Fitzwilliam. The Name of the group is Slurry. The story line was wonderful and very creative. All the important characters were there. Even the record magnate Lady Catherine. The story has super star band Slurry needing a back up band and it seems that there not easy to get along with and that's where Longborn Suffering comes in. They're a little unknown band hoping for there big brak ...more
Ahnya
An interesting retelling of Pride and Prejudice in a modern setting amongst the music scene. I chose to read this book because I love Jane Austen and music, and thought the two would make a great pair. I was not disappointed. It was interesting to see how the author interpreted the scenarios, and characters in a modern setting. While I did not totally agree with, or like everything I enjoyed the book as a whole. I liked picturing my favorite rock star as Darcy!
The one thing I did like was the
Mell
My initial excitement wore off as I read this book, which oscillated between schmaltzy love scenes and high levels of angst. While names and plot elements from Pride and Prejudice were pretty cleverly incorporated into the story, these elements could not overcome weak characters and fanfiction cliches.

The whole "all my friends and I are going to be romantically involved with all your friends and you" is a common fanfiction plot, and this book began as Austen fanfiction on the web. I have greatly
  • My Bff
  • From Lambton to Longbourn: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Compulsively Mr. Darcy
  • The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy
  • Rainy Days - An Alternative Journey from Pride and Prejudice to Passion and Love.
  • Lasting Impressions: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice (Memory, #1)
  • Drive and Determination
  • An Arranged Marriage
  • Pemberley Ranch
  • Mr. Darcy's Bite
  • Darcy and Fitzwilliam: A Tale of a Gentleman and an Officer (Darcy and Fitzwilliam, #1)
  • Darcy's Decision (Given Good Principles)
  • He Taught Me to Hope (Darcy and the Young Knight's Quest #1)
Heather Lynn Rigaud can usually be found trying to juggle too many things. A wife and mother of two, she suffers from excessive interest in almost everything that comes her way. She cooks, she sews, she writes, she sings, she knits, she Geo-Caches, she makes soaps, she collects perfume, she paints silk- and she overthinks every single one.

But she's lively and has a good (if bawdy) sense of humor.

B
More about Heather Lynn Rigaud...

“It seemed so good when it started.
I gave my trust to you.
I came to you open-hearted,
Hoping it was true.
Now I've gotten smart.
Now I've learned some things.
Now I know that what once was a start,
Is just an ending.
The longest good-bye
I ever knew,
The longest good-bye
Was the day
I said hello to you.”
16 likes
“Did you hear about the lawsuit? Mary asked.

"No, what?"

"I hear that he is so big," she lifted her eyebrows to indicate what she meant, "that he put a girl in the hospital and she is suing him, because she can never have babies because of him."

"Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!" the sisters chorused.

"Could a guy really do that?" Lydia asked.

Elizabeth shrugged. "I guess, but he would have to be the size of a friggin' oak tree.”
7 likes