The Knight and Maggie's Baby (Fate with a Helping Hand, #3)

The Knight and Maggie's Baby (Fate with a Helping Hand #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  27 reviews
***A NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestseller!**

"The secondary characters were amazing...a very good book." Cocktails and Books.

"...had me in tears because it was so beautiful. Such a lovely story of two people falling in love against the odds." Crystal @ Snowdrops Dreams of Books

Contemporary Romance - THE KNIGHT AND MAGGIE'S BABY Book 3 of Fate with a Helping Hand

Somet...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Lisa Mondello (first published August 29th 2011)

Chrystal
This book was such a sweet love story. I actually have a soft spot for stories that involve marriages of convenience – normally they are historical romances, but this contemporary romance was spot on.

Jonah is a sexy, British man (who has been knighted by the Queen) in need of a bride, so that he can inherit his childhood home back in England. At first Jonah seemed to be the kind of man that was only concerned for himself, since this wedding arrangement would be one of necessity and not love. The...more
Emily
Jonah Wallace needs a wife, the woman who was supposed to help him out of his current pickle left him at the last moment. Needing a phone and a breath from the sultry sun, he heads into the cafe across the street, not knowing he is about to find a solution to his problem.

Maggie Bonelli expected to close early, but when Jonah walks in looking like he needs a stiff drink she treats him with a pie and cup of coffee instead. Forming a quick friendship, Jonah proposes to Maggie explaining he needs a...more
The BookWhisperer
An incredibly heartwarming story, and the picture perfect happily ever after. Maggie is a young woman with a problem. From a family legacy of survival without men; she is no stranger to hard work and dedication. At twenty four, pregnant and alone she knows that the future will be a struggle. Fate lands Jonah Wallace in her coffee shop one late afternoon after his fiancé leaves him the day of the wedding. Let not get hung up on the fact that their wedding was a ruse for him to be able to ensure h...more
Melissa Maxwell
This book was wonderful. This is the fourth book by Mrs. Mondello and it is by far my favorite. I really love stories about people that get married in order to inherit something. I have read many and this ranks up there with The Marriage Bargain. I love Jonah and Maggie and how even though they grow up under vastly different circumstances they are very similar people. The love for the other ran throughout the story and made me keep turning pages. I love how Jonah feels about Maggie's baby throug...more
Gretchen Fatouros
Between 3 & 4 stars. This idea has been used a lot, but well done (the reason to read this one & others).

Really impressed with how written, back stories, etc. haven't read any others by this author, so no idea how fits into series...

Enjoyable read.
Robert
I borrowed this book through Lendle.me, a place where people can lend kindle books to each other. And I'm so grateful I did.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. As a rule I don't read romances. Well, contemporary romances. Romantic sci-fi/fantasy, sure, but modern-day, modern settings, normal people? Never. But I took a chance on this (mainly because the wedding dress on the cover was rather beautiful) and greatly enjoyed it. I think that the author did a pretty good job portraying the slowl...more
Danielle Calabrese
Ok, I am a sucker for marriage of convenience stories, and this one didn't disappoint. The two main characters are very likable and you can actually see that they like and respect one another. Lisa Mondello is an author that has been around for awhile but never read. I really liked her writing style and can't wait to ready more from her!
Linda
I loved this book!! I normally do not read a lot of romance anymore but I pick up this book and loved the story. It was a sweet story that kept me entertained throughout. I read it in about a day and could not put it down. If you like romance with a good story line, this is a definite read.
SheLove2Read
Light hearted feel good romance. It could have used some editing but it didn't take away from the story overmuch. Likable if young heroine and a decidedly beta hero. Not a keeper for me but still a pleasant read. C+
Julianna
Was a pleasant enough read, i just think it needed a bit more of something. I might read it again but it is not at the top of my list.
Judy
The Knight and Maggie's Baby by Lisa Mondello
Book 3 in Fate With a Helping Hand Series
Jonah wanted to save his childhood home and the catch was to be married for one year so his Grandfather would not sell it. That is what led him to make an arrangement with his secretary, Catherine, for a pretend marriage for only one year. Only she bolted at the last minute.

Jonah had money and everything materialistic but he had an emptiness that he could not identify until he met Maggie Bonelli. Going into he...more
Victoria
This review is also posted on Always a Booklover.

The Knight and Maggie’s Baby was a very easy read. The storyline wasn’t complicated, it was straightforward and easy to grasp. The characters too, were likable and overall, the story was good and convincing. However, I just couldn’t feel the connection to the book. As in, a spark was missing. What spark exactly, I can’t tell you. It could be that I couldn’t really feel the sexual tension that was supposed to be between the characters or their frus...more
Cheryl
I absolutely loved this story!!! From the first page to the ending! it was so good i just couldnt put it down! I loved how little bits of the story would come out and make the whole thing even more interesting! This is the kind of story that makes for a lovely way to spend an afternoon! i cant wait to read the other helping hand books in this series! i have read other books by Ms Mondello and she never disappoints me!
Black Butterfly
Mar 10, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance
SIGH!! I LOVED IT, SO VERY ROMANTIC. JONAH & MAGGIE ENTR INTO A MARRIAGE WHICH SUITS THEM IT'S MORE AN AGREEMENT THAN A MARRAIGE. EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THAT ISN'T WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IT WWAS SWEET TO FOLLOW ALONG THEIR JOURNEY LOVE. BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN STORY MAKES YOU JUST GO SSSSSSSSSSSSIGH!!! ;>
 Gigi Ann
My Thoughts...

I found this just a fun, cute little story. It was a quick afternoon read. It was predictable but aren't all 'Mind Candy' stories. But I must say I really enjoyed it and awarded it 4 coffee bean stars.

This book is part of my Kindle library.
Dorel
This book's story was okay. I liked how Jonah & Maggie met. I liked Maggie's character. The scene with Maggie & the kids were touching. The scene with Jonah & the baby was very touching as well. This book was a fun, loving to to read. I'm becoming a fan of Ms. Mondello.
Amanda
what crap ending! it just dove right off the cliff only to land on the branch just over the edge. the story was pretty good but major points losed for lack of communication between the characters. i like but i dont love it.
Leigh Bale
Delightful fun! A quick, entertaining read by one of my favorite authors, Lisa Mondello. You'll enjoy the humor, sweet emotion, and romance. A great read!
June
I enjoyed this story.

Maggie needs a name for her child, and Jonah (the knight) needs a wife to save his ancestral home. It's convenient that they meet shortly after Jonah's bride to be runs off with her former fiancé and leaves him in a lurch. Maggie doesn't want Jonah's money, or anything else, just for her baby to have had a father who gives her a name so she/he won't be treated badly later in life like she was. Jonah realizes that he won't be content just giving the baby a name though. The c...more
Becky
Very pretty love story.
Sue
Very enjoyable... straight up romance, I found I loved the relationship and the ridiculous beginning to this tale. Two hearts straining to find love and a perfect little bundle to finish it off. Looking forward to Cam's adventure in love. And hopefully they'll be a little Maggie, Amanda and Jonah in that novel as well. Quick read probably finished it in less than 5 hours. It had just the right amount of angst to give this tale more heart.
Niki
I really liked the overall concept for this book, however we never read about the H/ H relationship develop we just kept being told feelings changed. This book had to tell me way to much why I should root for H/H, and it repeatedly told me of their arrangement (which I hadn't forgotten). I wanted to read about the developing relationship but wasn't given the opportunity. The limo scene after a bug dinner was the only time.
Angie
Maggie was such a sweet person and Jonah was a nice guy. These two married under unusual circumstances and their marriage was different for awhile. Jonah stepped up to the plate when he needed to for Maggie. I really enjoyed this sweet story.
Chrys
A sweet story about a couple, Maggie and Jonah, entering into marriage to fulfil a need each had. Jonah, to receive the title to his familial home and Maggie a father in name only for her unborn child.
What each didn't take into account was the feelings that they would develop for each other and how deep love can go
Sarah Mylotte
I love this book and have read it time and time again.

The characters are relatable and I love the fact both the main characters have baggage and the story shows how they deal with all of it,
Mayas
I was emotional all threw this book. Maggie and Jonah was delightful and breathtaking. This was a wonderful end to the series. Precious Amanda and now his blood runs threw his daughter.
Betsy
Read some of the reviews before reading. It got me hoooked straight away. Didn't want to put it down. For the romantics at heart.
Roxanne
really loved this book just the right amount of romance for me i loved the characters they were fab
Amazon Kindle Pri...: Romance with a Knight for 99Cents 1 1 Mar 02, 2014 05:28PM
  • Carter's Cuffs (City Heat, #2)
  • Love Transposed
  • Let's Get Naked
  • The Lady Who Broke the Rules (Castonbury Park #3)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Contract for Marriage
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • My Wicked Gladiators
  • Forgotten Father
  • Fallen Angel
  • Her Imperfect Groom (The Grooms, #4)
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • Hitched!
  • Commanding the Tides (Lords of the Abyss #2)
  • Satin and Saddles (Rough and Ready #5)
  • Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • High Stakes (Nashville Nights Next Generation #1)
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR, Lisa Mondello, has held many jobs in her life but
being a published authors is the last job she'll ever have. She's not retiring!
She blames the creation of the personal computer for her leap into writing
novels. Otherwise, she'd still be penning stories with paper and pen. Her first
book, All I Want for Christmas is You won Best First Book in the Golden Quill.
Her bo...more
More about Lisa Mondello...
All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1) Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts, #1) Nothing But Trouble His Heart for the Trusting (Texas Hearts, #2) The More I See (Texas Hearts, #3)