Start by marking “The Titanic for Dummies” as Want to Read:
The Titanic for Dummies

The Titanic for Dummies

The Titanic For Dummies paints the whole picture of the most famous maritime disaster. It examines the building of the ship, life onboard during its maiden voyage, tragic decisions made that fateful night, the discovery of the wreck, and the many controversies that have emerged in the century since the sinking. Information includes:
Theories behind the reason for the sinkin
Published February 1st 2012 by For Dummies (first published January 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Titanic for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Titanic for Dummies

graveyardgremlin (formerly faeriemyst)
Chock-full of facts that range from the building of the Titanic to the 1985 expedition when it was finally found to why the ship's legacy still lives on, THE TITANIC FOR DUMMIES is a nicely arranged, easy to read history for those who either have a passing interest or intermediate knowledge of the Titanic. Although aficionados on the infamous ocean liner most likely won't find anything new between the covers.

The author wrote this with the intent that each section could be read both stra
Jessica
A really good general book for a newbie to Titanic's history or someone looking for a book full of basic knowledge. It covers all of the basics, without going into any one subject into any great depth, leaving that to other books......which was smart of it. Over-all though, I liked it. It was well-organized and well-written without being boring or too-over-the-heads of non researchers, yet didn't pander to the neopytes either.
Jun 21, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I knew the majority of things written in here due to reading prior books on the Titanic, but this had some details I was unaware of. It was easy to read (as the Dummies books usually are), interesting and definitely worth the purchase whether you are new to the Titanic history or already deeply grounded in it.
Nesie
Apr 15, 2012 Nesie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, history
An easy to read compendium of all things Titanic. From building the ship to movies & mythology, it's in here.

It's a perfect starting point for anyone who wants to know more about the history & lore of this ship. All in an easy to leaf through, fun to read Dummies format.
Roni Cairns
Apr 05, 2015 Roni Cairns rated it it was amazing
I have a love-hate relationship with learning about the Titanic. I suppose that I know more than the "average" person, perhaps, and I certainly enjoy every book I read or documentary I watch. But with each piece of information I gain, all I do is realize that there is so much more I don't have--and I didn't even know I didn't know it, you know?

Anyway, this book is excellent. It's easy to read, and it's convenient if you only have a few moments to read or a few hours. You can pretty much jump to
Sarah Wright
Apr 20, 2012 Sarah Wright rated it it was amazing
If "The Titanic" interests you even the tiniest bit, this book is for you!

Everything...and I DO mean EVERYTHING that you could possibly want to know about the subject of this disaster is pretty much covered in this book!
Corrin
Corrin rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Predator
Predator rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
Chantel
Chantel rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
May 03, 2017
Toni Allen
Toni Allen rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Kentishbookworm
Kentishbookworm rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2012
David Flapan
David Flapan rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2017
Scott Collins
Scott Collins rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Ron Nycum
Ron Nycum rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Tati
Tati rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Hannah (Vamp of Savannah)
Hannah (Vamp of Savannah) rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2013
Bree Lark
Bree Lark rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Hal
Hal rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Karen Smith
Karen Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Marco A. Boleyn
Marco A. Boleyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Darren Owyong
Darren Owyong rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Elena Clancy
Elena Clancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Sally Quilford
Sally Quilford rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016