Start by marking “Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)” as Want to Read:
Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)

Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  3,677 Ratings  ·  308 Reviews
Sequel to A Matter of Time I & II

Jory Harcourt doesn't have to go looking for trouble. Wherever he goes, it seems to find him—particularly when his partner, Sam Kage, is working undercover on a federal task force.

After the recession forces him to close his business, Jory goes to work as a matchmaker and event planner. From there, it's only a matter of time before his b
Published September 26th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bulletproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulletproof

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
If you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all, or so I have heard but don’t really listen to what people say. Plus I do have something nice to say, so eat that bitches. I should also point out that this is all just my modest opinion and that I already strongly disliked Jory, also overall this book while frustrating was not the complete suckfest the previous book was.

I think Mary did a great job writing this, she writes great first person POV and I was amazed at her abi
Fiona Goodman
Casting of A Matter of Time (Bulletproof). Written review to follow

Jory: Mathias Lauridsen (The only guy pretty enough to make a straight man gay....)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sam: This gorgeous unknown man...

Chris Hemsworth (Blonde,brown hair, check. Slate blue eyes, check. 6"3 inches, close enough...and hot,hot hot!!!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane: Hugh Jackman (Hansome, debonair and damn sexy in a tux!).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane's expression when Jory does something stupid....

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
***3.5 Stars***

Damn this is a hard one to rate...

All the stars for every scene with Sam and Jory together....unfortunately, that's only about 20-25% of the book.

Image result for not enough gif

I wanted more! MORE DAMNIT!!

Because every scene with them together was so full of longing and love and need and desire and passion and intimacy and SO MUCH DAMN LOVE!!!

"I know you worry about getting older, about not being the prettiest guy in the room anymore. But there will never come a time when that will be the case," he said, p
Oct 05, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, comfort-reads
I read the first 4 books a couple of months ago and even though I loved Jory and Sam, they broke my heart. I stopped reading after that because I just couldn’t do anymore of the push and pull between them.

But people started harassing me to please continue, and because I am weak listen to my friends, I caved.

And thank god I did!! I loved this installment! What I wanted all along was for Jory and Sam to be solid. Just that. I wanted them to just love each other. And throw in some pining because th
Amy Lane
Oct 31, 2011 Amy Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So very much fun. The thing I loved about this book is that, while Jory stayed much the same entertaining, irritating gold-fish-in-a-bowl that charmed us in the first two books, in Bulletproof he actually showed a few signs of character maturity. He'd come to the point where he'd rather be alone than with a group of people he didn't know well. He actually admitted that there were situations where he could have acted better, and he kept his own ego out of some tight moments when it could have bee ...more
Wendy Ciliacus
Reread June 26 2016....I still love the crap out of Jory !! One of my favorite characters ever !! <3

What can I say. I like everybody else in this book, have a thing for Jory. I just cant help myself.

4 stars from me because I just love Jory, but it did piss me off that there was so little interaction in this one between him and Sam. Hope the next one will give me some more Jory and Sam together.

It was way ott and at times ridiculous as usual, but what can I this case it jus
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

First, I just want to start with how much I love this book cover! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the book too...but that cover really does it for me.

Anyway, this installment in the Matter of Time series takes place three (or so) years after Matter of Time Part IV. Jory and Sam are still happily married, Jory is still a trouble magnet, and he's still as zoned out, snarky and wonderful as always.

So Jory's got a new job at a matchmaker and event planning business, which he doesn't love but has
Jul 02, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sara by: Jenni Lea
The cover of this kinda says it all, a lonely Jory in bed without Sam. This book should have been called "The one where Jory and Sam are apart more than together" or "Everyone loves Jory STILL, but Jory finally grows the fuck up".

This was good. Though I was ticked there was less Sam time and Jory seemed to be bouncing off the walls like a super ball, it was necessary. We needed to see selfish, self absorbed and clueless Jory grow up. It's time and it was done in pure Jory fashion. I loved seeing
Edina Rose
Sep 29, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cop-fbi, series
Can't wait to read this one! The blurb shows a Jory true to himself and I loved it! The "twenty-six year old graphic designer who thinks he's fucking' Batman" is now a twenty-six+ year old matchmaker and event planner who thinks he's fucking' Batman! Never learn, Jory, never learn.

I stopped everything to read this book. I just ADORE Jory! His love for Sam is just so cute! Jory, a little bit man, a little bit child, original and funny, never complains, not judgemental at a
MsMiz (Tina)
Sep 27, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
I don't care what anyone else says, I flipping LOVE Jory and Sam!!
Oct 22, 2012 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Too much of a good thing.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Sam & Jory.

But they weren’t even together for 2/3 of this book and when they’re not together, they actually annoy the crap out of me. Jory flirts w/ men and leads them on. And every man wants him and he has no idea why it turns bad. He’s a tease. Sam makes stupid, selfish decisions and leaves Jory alone to fend for himself.

Annoying! Grrrrr….

But, together? Sheesh…so freaking sweet and loving and tender and beautiful and sexy.

The undercover
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars for the story - Audio Edition

What can I say that you don't already know?? This was yet another roller coaster ride on the Jory train!

I found this to be a bit more explicit than the previous installments, though the onscreen time with our favorite couple was quite less than usual, as Sam worked undercover and Jory continued to find himself in unbelievable situations. Truly, really, unbelievable situations - I kid you not.

What stayed the same though was their love for each other. Sam is
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
I how I love these men
Lori K
Sep 28, 2011 Lori K rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is all over the place. It meanders through Jory's mind and travels with hardly any (crime) plot at all.

Plus, Jory spends way too much time with other men, letting them pat his hair, rub is abdomen. It made me decidedly unhappy. It seems to show him how much he needs Sam. Whatever.

Plus, I never realized how much alike this series and Timing (Timing, #1) by Mary Calmes were. Jory and Stefan are practically the same character. Rand and Sam are practically the same character. Stef/Jory do the same hairbrained things all
Dec 30, 2015 Alissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*

Sam and Jory continue to annoy the hell out of me.

The writing was rather formulaic.

Yet, somehow, I still managed to like this book. Like them. Go figure. It's Mary ... her books are crack.

Basically, I can sum up this book in one quote:

"Jory, most people, when hit men come after them, they get killed. You're lucky, spontaneous, and your guardian angel is overworked and way underpaid."

I will continue on with the Sam and Jory show.
Sep 03, 2015 KatieMc rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librarybook
The one in which I really try to understand Jory. No doubt about it, Jory is an original. Sam is conspicuously absent for most of this book, and it feels like a Jory showcase. A showcase of Jory proving his devotion and loyalty to Sam where all menz find Jory utterly and completely irresistible. So how did I find Jory?

Jory is flitty. (what fancy dictionary, you don't know what flitty means?, look up JORY).

Jory is an airhead. I think he likes this persona an perpetuates it.

What's up with Jory an
Sep 29, 2011 T.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Mild Spoilers***
I've seen some of the reviews on here, those that lament Jory and his seeming inability to change who he is, or "grow" as a character. While I don't disagree with this completely, I figure that if Jory was who he was through the first four books, I would expect there wouldn't be a drastic overhaul of his character. He still cracks me up and I enjoyed reading Bulletproof.

Mary Calmes does write a specific type of character, and I've can definitely see the comparison between Jory
He picked up the closest thing to him and used it to punctuate his threats. "I'm going to have you thrown in federal--"

"You're threatening me with a whisk," I pointed out snidely.

"This is an ongoing task force inves--"

"I'm just saying," I said, widening my eyes, "whisk".

Jory, Sam, mobsters, Dane!, food, interior décor snobbery, and a plot that spins around like a three-year-old on gummi worms.
Love it all bookworm
Second read
I just love these two so much - It's nice to go back and to just feel them again

15 June 2015
I just love this series

Full review to follow at the end of the series
Skye Blue
I usually enjoy Mary Calmes. Yes, a lot of her books have a MC with a touch god's gift to everyone...but usually it's tolerable, and doesn't effect my enjoyment of the book.
Rory has always bugged the holy living shit out of me....but after the last book, were it had been tamed down considerably, I had hope.

You see, I WANT to like Jory. Everyone likes Jory, why don't I? So I keep trying. The books are entertaining....I like most of the's just Rory I dislike. I lOVE Sam.

I had to spend a day away from my five days of Sam & Jory immersion (I spent 5 days reading the entire series) before my brain was ready to write this review. First of all let me start off by saying I loved all of these books.
So, if you were not a fan of the first books (then why are you reading this anyway?) you will probably not like Bulletproof.

I usually don't write long reviews, but I really loved this series so I am going to go off here a bit - be forewarned.

This book is a
Alicia J
I just love Jory and Sam, love love love them. Yes, Jory is over the top; yes, he's TSTL sometimes; and yes, he's too good to be true. It doesn't matter. He's still one of my very favorite characters ever. I hope this isn't the end of their story. I would love to see them again.
May 04, 2016 Trio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, not-from-kindle
probably my favorite of this series so far.
Jenni Lea

I love this book more and more each time I read it.
Aug 28, 2013 Fangtasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, this installment of the "A Matter of Time" series turned out to be a vast improvement over previous ones. Thankfully!

Or maybe I just felt better about it because I'd decided this was the last one I was going to read?

At first, Jory is all...

Then he's all "yeah, yeah, I'm in heat, my man is not around, but none of you all's gettin' any." Because, somehow, just like in all of Ms. Calmes' books that I've read, almost all of the guys after Jory's ass (every single guy he meet
I am in the huge minority here. I think Jory's character is wildly inconsistent, obnoxious and tstl. I don't get why so many people fall madly in love with him. I only read this book as A Matter of Time was voted the best M/M series in the 2014 MMRomance Member's Choice Awards and as I had read Vol 1 and 2 already, I thought I would give book 5 a chance despite disliking books 3 & 4.

But Jory infuriated me with his "I'm not stupid, I know you want to have sex with me" and then hanging out wit
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★
Jory and Sam...They Are Soooo Sweet and

Jory ~

are simply yummy, even if they are running , chasing or just plain tangle up!

"I Love This Book~It Had Sooooo Much In It....Like~"

'One Of The Best Endings Ever!"
Smexy Stuff
Him Finding Out That He Was Not Bulletproof....I Think?...."

Fabulously Fun!

My Book boyfriend is Jory

Jul 19, 2014 Zainab rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m

Here's Jory:

Aaaand Decictive Sam Kage:

Even though Sam was supposed to be absent the majority of this book, it actually made me how deep his relationship with Jory has become over the years.

I wanted to give this book a 4 stars rating, because I missed the intense and the angst that were in the previous books, but who am I kidding?!!! I'm already addicted to those pretty boys!
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
*happy sigh* I have to say that Jory and Sam have been added to my top 10 m/m couples for 2012. A Matter Of Time series is a delightfully funny, romantic, sexy, smoking hot series that had me laughing and fist pumping through out. Bulletproof wraps up the series and finally brings our guys to their happy place. Jory is a riot and if I was Sam, I would totally tie him to the bed and never let him out on the unsuspecting public. lol

I can't wait for the next release. Jory as a daddy will be a t
The Challenge Fac...: Elishia & Jennifer C. - Bulletproof 69 25 Apr 03, 2014 12:48PM
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • The Dark Tide (Adrien English Mystery, #5)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becomi ...more
More about Mary Calmes...

A Matter of Time (8 books)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #3)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #4)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Parting Shot (A Matter of Time, #7)
  • Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time, #8)

“Jory, most people, when hit men come after them, they get killed. You‘re lucky, spontaneous, and your guardian angel is overworked and way underpaid"
"I know, right? My angel walks into a bar and the other angels are like, Oh shit, that‘s the poor sap that‘s got Jory Harcourt. Look at him, he started drinking again.‘" Sam was smiling. "Look at the twitch he‘s got, poor bastard.”
“I know you worry about getting older, about not being the prettiest guy in the room anymore."

And I worried about aging, but not how he thought. I had never presumed I was prettiest, just one of many. My only concern now was that Sam Kage thought I was hot.

"But there will never come a time when that will be the case," he said, pressing soft kisses to the side of my neck. I leaned my head back so he could reach more of my throat. "To me, Jory," he said, "you‘re more beautiful now than you ever have been, and I can‘t wait to see what you‘re gonna look like at forty and fifty and sixty, and God willing a lot more numbers after that."

"Many after that," I assured him as my eyes drifted open so I could look up into his smoky-blue ones.

"The most important thing is that you‘re mine, you belong to me," he said, his hands pressing me closer before he kissed me.”