Start by marking “Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)” as Want to Read:
Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)

Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  2,595 ratings  ·  220 reviews
Sequel to A Matter of Time I & II

Jory Harcourt doesn't have to go looking for trouble. Wherever he goes, it seems to find him—particularly when his partner, Sam Kage, is working undercover on a federal task force.

After the recession forces him to close his business, Jory goes to work as a matchmaker and event planner. From there, it's only a matter of time before his b
Published September 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Bulletproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulletproof

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
If you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all, or so I have heard but don’t really listen to what people say. Plus I do have something nice to say, so eat that bitches. I should also point out that this is all just my modest opinion and that I already strongly disliked Jory, also overall this book while frustrating was not the complete suckfest the previous book was.

I think Mary did a great job writing this, she writes great first person POV and I was amazed at her abi
Fiona Goodman
Casting of A Matter of Time (Bulletproof). Written review to follow

Jory: Mathias Lauridsen (The only guy pretty enough to make a straight man gay....)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sam: This gorgeous unknown man...

Photobucket

Or....

Chris Hemsworth (Blonde,brown hair, check. Slate blue eyes, check. 6"3 inches, close enough...and hot,hot hot!!!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane: Hugh Jackman (Hansome, debonair and damn sexy in a tux!).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane's expression when Jory does something stupid....

Photobucket
Edina Rose
Can't wait to read this one! The blurb shows a Jory true to himself and I loved it! The "twenty-six year old graphic designer who thinks he's fucking' Batman" is now a twenty-six+ year old matchmaker and event planner who thinks he's fucking' Batman! Never learn, Jory, never learn.

-----------------------

I stopped everything to read this book. I just ADORE Jory! His love for Sam is just so cute! Jory, a little bit man, a little bit child, original and funny, never complains, not judgemental at a
MsMiz (Tina)
I don't care what anyone else says, I flipping LOVE Jory and Sam!!
Amy Lane
So very much fun. The thing I loved about this book is that, while Jory stayed much the same entertaining, irritating gold-fish-in-a-bowl that charmed us in the first two books, in Bulletproof he actually showed a few signs of character maturity. He'd come to the point where he'd rather be alone than with a group of people he didn't know well. He actually admitted that there were situations where he could have acted better, and he kept his own ego out of some tight moments when it could have bee ...more
Lori K
This book is all over the place. It meanders through Jory's mind and travels with hardly any (crime) plot at all.

Plus, Jory spends way too much time with other men, letting them pat his hair, rub is abdomen. It made me decidedly unhappy. It seems to show him how much he needs Sam. Whatever.

Plus, I never realized how much alike this series and Timing (Timing, #1) by Mary Calmes were. Jory and Stefan are practically the same character. Rand and Sam are practically the same character. Stef/Jory do the same hairbrained things all
Susan

Too much of a good thing.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Sam & Jory.

But they weren’t even together for 2/3 of this book and when they’re not together, they actually annoy the crap out of me. Jory flirts w/ men and leads them on. And every man wants him and he has no idea why it turns bad. He’s a tease. Sam makes stupid, selfish decisions and leaves Jory alone to fend for himself.

Annoying! Grrrrr….

But, together? Sheesh…so freaking sweet and loving and tender and beautiful and sexy.

The undercover
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars for the story - Audio Edition

What can I say that you don't already know?? This was yet another roller coaster ride on the Jory train!

I found this to be a bit more explicit than the previous installments, though the onscreen time with our favorite couple was quite less than usual, as Sam worked undercover and Jory continued to find himself in unbelievable situations. Truly, really, unbelievable situations - I kid you not.

What stayed the same though was their love for each other. Sam is
Paisley
I had to spend a day away from my five days of Sam & Jory immersion (I spent 5 days reading the entire series) before my brain was ready to write this review. First of all let me start off by saying I loved all of these books.
LOVED THEM.
So, if you were not a fan of the first books (then why are you reading this anyway?) you will probably not like Bulletproof.

I usually don't write long reviews, but I really loved this series so I am going to go off here a bit - be forewarned.

This book is a
deirdre
Reading the blurb i may not keep reading...

They got MARRIED . . So sam is not his boyfriend. He in his fucking husband!!!!! How can the author of m/m romance do that?

Throughout the entire book they refer to each ther as boyfriends and partners . .. Why the hell did they get married? I guess the suburban soccer moms i know who waited 15 years for the right to marry took it more seriously . . . Geesh
Fangtasia
First of all, this installment of the "A Matter of Time" series turned out to be a vast improvement over previous ones. Thankfully!

Or maybe I just felt better about it because I'd decided this was the last one I was going to read?

Whatever...

At first, Jory is all...

Then he's all "yeah, yeah, I'm in heat, my man is not around, but none of you all's gettin' any." Because, somehow, just like in all of Ms. Calmes' books that I've read, almost all of the guys after Jory's ass (every single guy he meet
❧Gwen❤❦
Jory and Sam...They Are Soooo Sweet and

Jory ~

Sam~

are simply yummy, even if they are running , chasing or just plain tangle up!

"I Love This Book~It Had Sooooo Much In It....Like~"

'♥One Of The Best Endings Ever!"
♥Action
♥Adventure
♥Sweetness
♥Smexy Stuff
♥Him Finding Out That He Was Not Bulletproof....I Think?...."

Fabulous!

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
4.5
*happy sigh* I have to say that Jory and Sam have been added to my top 10 m/m couples for 2012. A Matter Of Time series is a delightfully funny, romantic, sexy, smoking hot series that had me laughing and fist pumping through out. Bulletproof wraps up the series and finally brings our guys to their happy place. Jory is a riot and if I was Sam, I would totally tie him to the bed and never let him out on the unsuspecting public. lol

I can't wait for the next release. Jory as a daddy will be a t
Jenni Lea

I love this book more and more each time I read it. ♥
ttg
High 2 stars. If you've read Matter of Time 1&2 (or 1-4, depending on if you read the novellas or the combinations), then you'll probably just dive ahead and read this since it's the continuation of Jory and Sam's story, about three years after the end of the last MoT book.

All the issues evident in MoT are still here. Jory is still a mixed-bag character, and I think the epitome of a Mary Sue--he gets everyone's attention and he fixes problems galore. Some people really like this kind of char
L-D
Sam and Jory are married now. Sam, the huge idiot, is away participating in a Federal Task Force with zero contact. I've read another book with this plot - Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series has Jane's boyfriend going undercover. Of course, when you are undercover, you have to do anything not to reveal yourself- usually to include doing drugs or sleeping with the enemy. I hate these kinds of plots because they stress me the F*CK out. And the MC's are usually stressed out wondering if their ho ...more
Heller
I just cannot help but love this series. I really enjoyed that we pushed ahead in time and Jory and Sam while married still have some issues to work out.

Can I say just how much I wanted to smack Sam when I found out he was undercover and had been for going on four months?

(view spoiler)

I just cannot help but love Jory, he just cracks me up endlessly with his commentary. A
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Feb 27, 2013 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Jane(PS)
I feel like I'm watching a train wreck happen every time I pick up one of these Sam/Jory adventures. I really didn't like Jory at all until about halfway through this story, meaning I didn't like him from book 1 onward. And I didn't like Sam either, until about the same point.

And yet, I kept reading. Why? Because I love Mary Calmes stories and I usually love the pretty airhead guy who doesn't realize how wonderful he is and I usually love the alpha guy who loves him for who he really is, not wh
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Buddy read with Jenni Lea!!! Come back to me Jory!

I haven't even reviewed the first four and now I am done with five...maybe I'll review ALL of them?? Jory, Jory, Jory...
LenaLena
If you read and liked the first 4 Matter of Time books you'll read this one no matter what I say.
If you didn't, you're not even reading this review.
If you thought Jory was TSTL, annoying and a pain in the ass, he is still that.
If you thought all that and you still loved him, you will still love him here.
In short: this one is for the fans. The haters have given up way before this book anyway.

My one question: how big is Chicago (and Honolulu) anyway? With the frequency Jory runs into people he k
Karen
I think this is one of those times where you anticipate a book so much that it falls short of expectations. I'm really sorry I feel this way too. Same thing happened when I read With Abandon by JL Langley.
Zainab
I REALLY LIKE THOSE BOOKS I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING!!

Here's Jory:
description

Aaaand Decictive Sam Kage:
description

Even though Sam was supposed to be absent the majority of this book, it actually made me how deep his relationship with Jory has become over the years.

I wanted to give this book a 4 stars rating, because I missed the intense and the angst that were in the previous books, but who am I kidding?!!! I'm already addicted to those pretty boys!
Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
FOR ONE HOUR ONLY ~ FREE DOWNLOAD ~ DREAMSPINNER PRESS...

Kari Gregg
4.5 rounded up to a 5. Shameless Jory fangirl, WOOT!
Anke
Somewhere between 2 and 2.5 stars

I really loved this series, so as soon as this book was released I bought it. Started reading and somehow couldn't get into it, so back to my TBR with it. The next books were released and I bought them as well, I just love Jory, and Sam, well he had his moments and together they are a lovely couple. When they are together:) So, finally I decided to read and finish this series.

It still was a struggle, this book. In the beginning Jory was way over the top - is it t
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am so totally over the moon!!!
 photo download4_zps7a1cb284.jpgI’m getting some more of Jory!!!
Bulletproof by Mary Calmes photo Mathias-Lauridsen-Massimo-Dutti-13_zpseff057d6.jpgthe mature Jody!!!

I cannot get enough of this character. He has this warm and fuzzy effect on me. He has this innocence about him even though he’s now a “mature” 30….wow did the years fly by so fast!!!.....he’s quirky, adorable and a total Peter Pan….

From the first page of Bulletproof…I was pulled and hooked right in……
“IN MY life I have been kidnapped twice, shot at, hit, chased down in a car, and yanked off the street. It sort of n
Awilk -never sleeps-
Bulletproof is the fifth book in this series, and I have finally started to fall for Jory. In the first four books, it was Sam that kept me reading. I found Jory very annoying and really could not understand his appeal.
Now that Jory and Sam are completely together, and know that they are each others 'One' I discovered that Jory did not frustrate me as much.
In the beginning of this book Sam was away from home working undercover. Jory was missing him terribly, and I felt his loneliness. Another im
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I just love Jory. I can't get enough of him. I saw somewhere that Calmes is done writing about him, so I think I have only one more book to read, but I'm so not ready.

This time Calmes spends too much time with details of every day life as usual but for once, not everyone loves Jory. Okay 99% of the people do, but some people don't. At once point he even says to someone something like, "Everyone either loves me or hates me," and someone agrees with him. He does admit that women really love him.
SueC
So this series is about the trials and tribulations of Jory and Sam, yes? Well, kind of.

Question: what happens when half of the duo is missing for more than half of the book?

Answer: it ends up being less than half a book. I should have figured it out just by the front cover.

I get it, I really do, some characters disappear into the abyss while story-lines flourish and develop. The problem in this instance is that while adding flourishes and developments we were left with an unsatisfying void.

So a
BWT (Belen)
I love this book cover! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the book too...but that cover really ratchets up the heat.

This one takes place three or so years after the last Matter of Time, and Jory and Sam are still happily married. Jory's got a new job, which he doesn't love but has thrown himself into because Sam has been gone undercover for three months and being without Sam is weighing heavily on Jory.

Though they are separated for 2/3rds of the book, I didn't mind. It flows well, and Jory, be
The Challenge Fac...: Elishia & Jennifer C. - Bulletproof 69 21 Apr 03, 2014 12:48PM
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Making Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becomi ...more
More about Mary Calmes...
Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1) A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) Timing (Timing, #1) Frog A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)

“Jory, most people, when hit men come after them, they get killed. You‘re lucky, spontaneous, and your guardian angel is overworked and way underpaid"
"I know, right? My angel walks into a bar and the other angels are like, Oh shit, that‘s the poor sap that‘s got Jory Harcourt. Look at him, he started drinking again.‘" Sam was smiling. "Look at the twitch he‘s got, poor bastard.”
13 likes
“You need me."

"I more than need you," he said, trembling. "I don't work without you. I just don't."

"Same here," I told him, closing my eyes.”
3 likes