The Mermaid's Knight (Once Upon a Time Travel, #3)

The Mermaid's Knight (Once Upon a Time-Travel #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  36 reviews
When a car accident takes Leah Sunderland's life, she finds herself in dire need of divine assistance. Her fairy godmother comes to the rescue, but her help comes with conditions. As a fairy godmother, the only assistance she can offer deals with (you guessed it) fairy tales. To win a second chance at life, Leah must play out the tale of The Little Mermaid.

Armed with a mer...more
Published August 28th 2011 by www.jillmyles.com

MISS VAIN
I told you encourage him. Tease him. Toss your hair at him a little. Make him want you. Keep him thirsting for more and don't give it to him. That's the trick to keeping a man panting after you."

As usual Jill Myles still maintains her charm and provocative skills for writing passionate and fun PNR reads. Leah wakes up only to discover she's been killed in car accident after a drunk driver speeds through a red light. With the help of her eccentric fairy godmother Muffin, a devastated Leah gets...more
Cyp
Oct 13, 2011 Cyp rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of The River of Time series and Kathryn Lasky
Originally posted on A Bookalicious Story.

+ =ME

SHELLSHOCKED!

It isn't uncommon for the premise of books such as The Mermaid's Knight to be thought of as "Cliche", "Childish", and "Totally not worth the time". Well, ok I have to admit that: Cliche? Yes. Childish? A liiiittle bit. Totally not worth the time? Utter bullshit. Cause this book had my completely under its thrall throughout the reading process. It was, and is, THAT good. Hence, I was shellshocked.

Just a brief summary before I continue...more
Penelope Fletcher
I loved the story of the little mermaid, so I bought this for £3 (bargain). It was good, nothing to fawn over or read over and over, but good enough to spend a Sunday morning reading with a cup of tea.

The writing was lackluster ... I'm not dying to absorb more of Miss Myles wordplay, I've forgotten most of it already, but the characters were engaging as I read. It seemed a bit long for what it was, lots of padding here and there that I had to force myself not to flick through. Without a doubt w...more
Alesia
I love this book! I love the characters, the plot, everything! I love all of the books in this series and i can't wait to read more. This one is my favourite of the series so far because its longer and had a great storyline.
Elenariel
L'idea non era male, una rivisitazione in chiave adulta e più "asciutta" de la Sirenetta, ma lo svolgimento della storia e la caratterizzazione dei personaggi sono alquanto prevedibili e piatti. Ad esempio, la protagonista, diplomanda in fashion design, non fa nemmeno un misero commento su abbigliamento e arredamenti medievali, tantomeno dimostra difficoltà ad abituarvisi. Certo, confronto a vedere il proprio cadavere o a ritrovarsi con la coda forse sarebbe il male minore, ma è comunque il pern...more
Jessica
The opening of this book was just so funny I love Muffin the fairy Godmother and how she thought saving Leah by turning her into a mermaid would be an amazing surprise lol. Leah just kept getting into bigger and bigger messes because of Muffin but she also saved Royce's ass a time or two. Leah had to get Royce to fall in love with her within a month and that is somthing really hard to do when you can't talk and he thinks you are a spy of some sort and when your getting blackmailed into doing thi...more
PointyEars42
Muffin needs to be arrested. I'm pretty sure stranding a person in another era of history naked, and in pain, with no way to defend herself, in the middle of a little civil war, is NOT in the fairy godmother handbook. I say this despite how much I want to slap any character from the modern era who can't be arsed to use her finger to write the word "MUTE" in the dirt to explain why she's not talking and who cant improvise an emergency beach-wrap when the occasion calls for it.

The cover looked so...more
Kathleen
I loved this book! I wasn't sure at first if I would like this book. Not because of the storyline or theme, but because the majority of books I download for free are poorly written or have incorrect grammar, spelling or sentence structure.

Jill Myles writes beautifully and the characters she creates don't feel like characters at all - it feels like you're reading a true story about real people. So what if one of them is a mermaid? I couldn't put this book down and Jill Myles has become an author...more
Sapphire
This was an interesting and amusing take on Disneys "The Little Mermaid." I was happy to see more of Muffin, who cracks me up every time with her outfits and dialogue. I found myself just as frustrated as Leah with her inability to communicate, and shared her happiness in the moments things were going well for her. I was also angry with Royce at first because of his choice of wording when talking to Leah, but I'm glad that resolved itself the more he learned of her. In addition, I was worried fo...more
Cynthia
So far, the idea is good, you are dead and brought back to the medieval times for a second chance, but it doesn't end here, and you were turned to a mermaid and to make a knight(yip, not prince, the fairy godmother decided that this is too challenging) fall in love with you. I just wish Leah is smarter, as she lived in modern times and should be living medieval times few hundred years ahead, there should be some modern ideas she can use to make her life easier. What I mean is that adding a few m...more
Blodeuedd Finland
A fun sexy novella,

Characters:
Leah, goes from our time to Medieval times, and becomes half mermaid thanks to a spell. Poor girl can't speak either when out of water. So that causes some issues.

Royce, honestly creepy at times, sure he is always nice, but the things he says. But then times, the situation, I got it. But...ok anyway I got over it and wanted them together.

A fast romance as if she does not get him to love her she dies. Throw in a an evil lord who wants the castle, the spell that makes...more
Marie Hall

Well, the book started out really, really great and I was very much into it. But at a certain point I sort of felt like the romance wasn't as strong as it started out being. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the book and will read more in this series. I just wanted more tension, more romance, I guess that just makes me a romantic at heart though. What can I say? :p

Still, would tell others about this one.
Nfadziela Lee
This book quite good and the story were not what we called as fictional crap.. This author really brilliant with fairy tales and this particularly fairy tale blended well and the connection were superb. I love the story not too dramatic but delivered what she wanted to deliver. Im going to buy other books from this author, its worth the time and energy reading this type of writing.
Prolixityotiose
This was a fun little read. It kept me entertained, and even surprised me at times. The fact that there was more to the story than just the romance angle was an interesting addition, although I will admit to being more than a little annoyed at the heroine a time or two due to her actions and reactions within the subplot. I would be interested to read more by this author.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Overall, I liked it. I would have liked the plot to be from a lesser known fairy tale, though. I had a really hard time liking the hero at first; however, he grew on me. If I thought about the time frame, then his attitude was less offensive to me. One thing that really bothered me was how the heroine gave in to him so easily. I would have made him work for it more.
Shh I'm reading!
It's strange. I had a really hard time buying Leah as a 24 year old virgin in the 21st century, that no one can understand her pantomimes, and that she could write a message in the sand. However, I still enjoyed the book and finished it with a smile on my face. There were some funny moments (especially the begininng), but mostly it's just a sweet, light story.
Luv Roed
Mermaids, medieval times, knight, fairy godmothers...these are interesting but this book made these A TOTAL GARBAGE. Leah was a pathetic character, Muffin was a certified incompetent dumb fairy godmother and Royce was not exciting at all...he was just an arrogant handsome knight. This was a pain. A total waste, it could have been better than this.
Margy Sala
Quick read before bed. Main character seems to be a bit dumb (can't write msg cuz there's no paper?).
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
This was GREAT! It's the adult version of The Little Mermaid with really hot sex! What grown woman wouldn't enjoy that?

I'll throw together a full review whenever I'm not feeling so lazy ;)

"I am a fairy godmother, girl. A fairy godmother. Not a pimp."
Ren
Sep 05, 2011 Ren marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-books, freebies
Get free coupon for this, if you join Jill Myles's newsletter..
Never read Jill Myles's book before, but I think I love her because she so kind to offer free coupon for her newsletter subscriber
Well, what are you waiting for?? Register, register ASAP!!
Hannah Gallagher
A very interesting twist on The Little Mermaid story! However, I found it hard to fall in love with Royce (the knight). Its a good story, I read it in two days, in two sittings: and will be looking into reading more of Jill Myle's book.
Ice
I really enjoyed reading this one. It was really a fun-read and very well-written.

I finished reading it in just one sitting. I loved the ending but I wish it was more longer! That's how much I loved it.

Big fan of yours, Jill.
June Fletcher
Thought it would be a kitschy fun read, c'mon her godmother was named Muffin, but something about the two main characters didn't gel with me.

Too bad, a story about a time travelling mermaid could have been fun.
Lizzielvr
Jill Myles' interpretation of The (naughty) Little Mermaid! The hilarious character of Muffin as the fairy godmother, a very hunky hero, and a confused and funny heroine makes this story a good read.
Ilse
It took me a while to actually like this book but it was still a great read.
Justjay Go
Loved it!! it was an emotional read for me and i loved every minute that I was reading this! Jill Myles is just a genius on how she made the heroine "talk" in the story.
Terra Oenning
ok so i really liked this book. i want a fairy god mother to find me a royce.. it was a really cute read and kepted you into. I enjoyed it very much.
Jessica Giles o'connell
The adult version of the little mermaid. The beginning was a little odd at first but all in all it was a good book.
Lindy Calimosa
I like it! ha ha. I like this version of the Little Mermaid. Wish you could create more story like this.
Emma Kate Daley
i seriously loved it, it was a great 'little mermaid' i love jill myles 'Once Upon a Time Travel' Series
  • Winds of Time (After Cilmeri #1.5)
  • Skandalen (Sagaen om Isfolket, #27)
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • City of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #1)
  • Dødens Terning (Den store djævlekrig, #2)
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Scent of Salvation (Chronicles of Eorthe, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • Scarlet Heat (Born to Darkness, #2)
  • The Fallen King (The Bellum Sisters, #4)
  • Change
  • Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • A Captain and a Corset (Steam Guardians, #2)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • Gathering Storm (Knights of Black Swan, #5)
  • A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arianne, #2)
JILL MYLES is the author of the Succubus Diaries from Pocket Books. Jill also writes as Jessica Clare and Jessica Sims.

A NOTE ABOUT FRIENDING: I will happily friend you back if you friend me! Goodreads is, after all, about discussing books we both love. I will NEVER self-promote my books to you. And if you self-promote your books to me, no matter how nicely, I'm deleting you off my list. Sorry. Go...more
More about Jill Myles...
Wicked Games (Games, #1) Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2) My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3) Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)

“I can't, Muffin. I can't talk to him.

Why? He was good enough to sleep with, but not good enough to talk to now that he know's that you're part fish?”
1 likes