Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,039 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Since the original publication of Chicken Soup for the Soul in 1993, the authors have been collecting and editing stories for this volume. These stories will deepen readers' Christian faith and exp
Published April 1st 1997 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul

Maria's Book Blog
Sep 13, 2012 Maria's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
This is not my typical kind of book. I usually go for the supernatural stuff, but these books were part of Amazon's "Daily Deal" at a great price do I decided to go for it. I loved these stories, they were heartwarming and taught me some valuable lessons. I bought another Chicken Soup book that I'm looking forward to reading next.
Hailey
Apr 03, 2016 Hailey rated it liked it
I liked this book.
It was interesting to see through the eyes of people with different religious backgrounds than I, and realize they're not really different at all. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is comforting and strengthening to know that God helps all of His children who love and remember Him. The evidence that God is real is alive in all of these people and their stories!! :)
Lora Swafford
May 03, 2016 Lora Swafford rated it liked it
Loved the stories, however most of them rarely had anything to do with Christianity in itself. But all together, great stories.
Denise Boulet
Wonderful book! Still read it from time to time!
Kathy Beck
Jun 10, 2009 Kathy Beck rated it really liked it
When I need to get closer to my faith this book really helped.
The Book Man
Jul 10, 2015 The Book Man rated it really liked it
I love chicken soup!
Maybe that’s one of the reasons I choose to read this book. :D

“Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul” is a collection of stories from different authors. These [101] stories will deepen your faith, open your heart and re-kindle your spirit.

“I will Honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.” ~Charles Dickens (That’s my prayer,)
“Live in such a way that those who know you but don’t know God will come to know God because they know you”
~ Anonymous
“Do what you ca
Boy
Sep 27, 2007 Boy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: you
Sedikit berbeda dengan edisi untuk remaja, buku yang secara khusus memang ditujukan bagi umat Kristen ini memasukkan unsur-unsur keKristenan di dalamnya.
Kumpulan kisah-kisah menarik tentang hidup, pergulatan batin, konflik antar sesama, konflik pribadi, keluarga, lingkungan sosial, Gereja, dan juga relasi pribadi dengan Tuhan masih disajikan dengan format yang sama dengan "Chicken Soup for teenage soul". Akan tetapi nilai-nilai positif yang disampaikan sudah lebih banyak untuk ditujukan pertumbu
Nivea
Jun 13, 2015 Nivea rated it really liked it
The book was amazing... It had several heart-warming stories that everyone can connect to at a personal level. I also loved how the book explores several themes such as faith, love, overcoming obstacles, etc instead of just focusing on a single topic... The book is sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who reads it, with its optimistic take on life.

Kudos to all those who worked hard to present such a beautiful book to the whole world!!
Tasha enderby
Jun 02, 2011 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, christmas
I can't imagine the time it takes to put one of these chicken soup for the soul books. There are many theme's, something for everyone and I have never really put a thought to actually reading one. This book was a gift from a friend and so I felt like it would honor our friendship to read the gift before passing it on to someone else. This was a wonderful book on faith, hardships, love and pure miracles of God. My own faith grows stronger with these tales and I found the pages quickly turning.
Jessamay
Oct 02, 2011 Jessamay rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, 2011
I felt a lot of stories would have touched me more, if the writer hadn't made them so ridiculously over-sentimental. This wasn't true for all of them, but some of them, while the intention was clearly to have me in tears, instead just made me roll my eyes. A lot of them weren't particularly Christian - someone just happened to mention God at some point. They were largely very nice, and quite uplifting, but I don't feel they've really inspired me on my Christian walk, or anything.
Martine
Nov 19, 2012 Martine rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Makes a great "bathroom" book. No matter your faith the stories will touch you one way or another. Some were very inspiring. Great work can't wait to pick up my next Chicken Soup book.
Bee Lubis
Mar 29, 2016 Bee Lubis rated it liked it
Shelves: no-indonesia
This book always strengthen me when I feel lost in life. I learned some life stuffs through the contributors' experience. Some stories make me laugh, some stories start me to cry, some stories build regret in my heart, and some stories encourage me to re-think about my life.

Good!
Joy Gerbode
Dec 30, 2011 Joy Gerbode rated it really liked it
Some of these stories are priceless ... many very inspirational, lots of tear jerkers. Really good reading for evening devotions, or for light quick stories ... just make sure you've got time for a few tears (and also lots of smiles!)
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 25, 2013 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
I Loved it. The "on the lighter side" section was probably my favorite. There are stories with humor, cheer, faith, love, grief...and more
Tara Guiffredo
Aug 30, 2016 Tara Guiffredo rated it liked it
Short stories of Christian experiences. There were some Catholic ones too, but they all spoke or referenced God in the same kind of manner.
Rivkah.
Jul 29, 2011 Rivkah. rated it really liked it
It was okay. Some of the stories were funny but it wasn't my favorite book. I did like how they included some funny church stories from celebraties.
Myriam St-Denis Lisée
Nov 10, 2013 Myriam St-Denis Lisée rated it really liked it
Oui, je l'avoue, j'ai aimé ça. C'est de même.
On peut à la fois aimer les sushis et la poutine, les smoothies faits à partir de fruits bio et les MisterFreeze. :-)
Liz
Sep 15, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star
Given to me by Jenny Walden. A lot of emotional pieces. Very enjoyable to read. Finished Summer 2000 [Appx. 7/2000]
Robertus Ronny
Jan 22, 2009 Robertus Ronny rated it liked it
Seri Chicken Soup yang pernah memberikan kekuatan pada saat-saat mencari jati diri di sekitar masa-masa SMA.
Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna)
Jan 27, 2009 Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna) rated it it was amazing
WOW! I only read part of this, but i read this with my parents and it is pure and wonderful. This will inspire you greatly!!
Maria
Jan 08, 2010 Maria added it
PEOPLE IF YOUR DOWN,THIS IS THE SPIRITUAL FUN READING BOOK,TO GET INTO,IT HAS 100,TRUE SPIRITUAL STORIES
Angela
Mar 15, 2007 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
My favorite of the Chicken Soup Series. Haven't touched this book since high school, but I remember a few of the stories in here really moved me and left a definite impression.
Angela Borghese
Jan 22, 2014 Angela Borghese rated it it was amazing
I have read a handful of "Chicken Soup" books, but this version is my absolute favorite. Every story is inspiring and will touch your heart, and remind you who God can be in your life.
Paddy Early
Sep 23, 2014 Paddy Early rated it really liked it
Excellent true life stories which make me reflect on god and His love for each of us.
I have quite a few Chicken Soup books and it is no surprise to me that they have sold in vast numbers.
Ivy
Mar 26, 2014 Ivy rated it really liked it
There were very good, uplifting stories in here. Not every one touched me, but I think there is something for everyone in this collection!
Amy
Jun 14, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
There are a lot encouraging stories about how God worked in people's lives. It helped me through stuff in my own life.
Laura Elizabeth
Jun 13, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-4-stars
Very good read; I think I'm morid with a sense of humor, of love or humor... I loved those two sections the most.
Emily
Apr 01, 2007 Emily rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is by far my favorite Chicken Soup for the Soul book! It is fantastic!! I like the others as well, but this one just lifts your spirits.
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Stories for the Heart-The Original Collection: 110 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • Hell: Separate Truth from Fiction and Get Your Toughest Questions Answered
  • Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Questions of Life: A Practical Introduction to the Christian Faith
  • Power for Living
  • The Golden Children's Bible
  • Secrets to Exceptional Living: Transforming Your Life Through the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Living Faith
  • Your Money Counts: The Biblical Guide to Earning, Spending, Saving, Investing, Giving, and Getting Out of Debt
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • Bibelausgaben, Die Bibel nach der Übersetzung Martin Luthers, mit Apokryphen, Neue Rechtschreibung, Schwarz (#1241)
  • God's Story, Your Story: When His Becomes Yours
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy
  • China: A Macro History

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...