Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))” as Want to Read:

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  849 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Since the original publication of Chicken Soup for the Soul in 1993, the authors have been collecting and editing stories for this volume. These stories will deepen readers' Christian faith and exp
Published April 1st 1997 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul

Maria's Book Blog
This is not my typical kind of book. I usually go for the supernatural stuff, but these books were part of Amazon's "Daily Deal" at a great price do I decided to go for it. I loved these stories, they were heartwarming and taught me some valuable lessons. I bought another Chicken Soup book that I'm looking forward to reading next.
Kathy Beck
When I need to get closer to my faith this book really helped.
Denise Boulet
Wonderful book! Still read it from time to time!
Paddy Early
Excellent true life stories which make me reflect on god and His love for each of us.
I have quite a few Chicken Soup books and it is no surprise to me that they have sold in vast numbers.
Ivy
There were very good, uplifting stories in here. Not every one touched me, but I think there is something for everyone in this collection!
Boy
Sep 27, 2007 Boy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: you
Sedikit berbeda dengan edisi untuk remaja, buku yang secara khusus memang ditujukan bagi umat Kristen ini memasukkan unsur-unsur keKristenan di dalamnya.
Kumpulan kisah-kisah menarik tentang hidup, pergulatan batin, konflik antar sesama, konflik pribadi, keluarga, lingkungan sosial, Gereja, dan juga relasi pribadi dengan Tuhan masih disajikan dengan format yang sama dengan "Chicken Soup for teenage soul". Akan tetapi nilai-nilai positif yang disampaikan sudah lebih banyak untuk ditujukan pertumbu
Alberta
uplifting stories
Angela Borghese
I have read a handful of "Chicken Soup" books, but this version is my absolute favorite. Every story is inspiring and will touch your heart, and remind you who God can be in your life.
Tasha enderby
I can't imagine the time it takes to put one of these chicken soup for the soul books. There are many theme's, something for everyone and I have never really put a thought to actually reading one. This book was a gift from a friend and so I felt like it would honor our friendship to read the gift before passing it on to someone else. This was a wonderful book on faith, hardships, love and pure miracles of God. My own faith grows stronger with these tales and I found the pages quickly turning.
Jessamay
I felt a lot of stories would have touched me more, if the writer hadn't made them so ridiculously over-sentimental. This wasn't true for all of them, but some of them, while the intention was clearly to have me in tears, instead just made me roll my eyes. A lot of them weren't particularly Christian - someone just happened to mention God at some point. They were largely very nice, and quite uplifting, but I don't feel they've really inspired me on my Christian walk, or anything.
Bee Lubis
This book always strengthen me when I feel lost in life. I learned some life stuffs through the contributors' experience. Some stories make me laugh, some stories start me to cry, some stories build regret in my heart, and some stories encourage me to re-think about my life.

Good!
Joy Gerbode
Some of these stories are priceless ... many very inspirational, lots of tear jerkers. Really good reading for evening devotions, or for light quick stories ... just make sure you've got time for a few tears (and also lots of smiles!)
Martine
This book was great. Makes a great "bathroom" book. No matter your faith the stories will touch you one way or another. Some were very inspiring. Great work can't wait to pick up my next Chicken Soup book.
Angela
My favorite of the Chicken Soup Series. Haven't touched this book since high school, but I remember a few of the stories in here really moved me and left a definite impression.
Myriam St-Denis Lisée
Oui, je l'avoue, j'ai aimé ça. C'est de même.
On peut à la fois aimer les sushis et la poutine, les smoothies faits à partir de fruits bio et les MisterFreeze. :-)
Rivkah.
It was okay. Some of the stories were funny but it wasn't my favorite book. I did like how they included some funny church stories from celebraties.
Emily
Apr 01, 2007 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is by far my favorite Chicken Soup for the Soul book! It is fantastic!! I like the others as well, but this one just lifts your spirits.
Meadow
I Loved it. The "on the lighter side" section was probably my favorite. There are stories with humor, cheer, faith, love, grief...and more
Rainrocks^o^(aka Breanna)
WOW! I only read part of this, but i read this with my parents and it is pure and wonderful. This will inspire you greatly!!
Amy
There are a lot encouraging stories about how God worked in people's lives. It helped me through stuff in my own life.
Liz
Given to me by Jenny Walden. A lot of emotional pieces. Very enjoyable to read. Finished Summer 2000 [Appx. 7/2000]
Laura Elizabeth
Very good read; I think I'm morid with a sense of humor, of love or humor... I loved those two sections the most.
Robertus Ronny
Seri Chicken Soup yang pernah memberikan kekuatan pada saat-saat mencari jati diri di sekitar masa-masa SMA.
Jenny George
Wonderful book! Definitely a read again. I can't think of one story that was not worth telling.
MollyB
my second one..read this every morning while drying my hair...really motivational!
Katharine Wheeler
loved the stories, few weree very inspirational
Sara Schuck
I liked the book overall its an easy reader and could relate to a few of the stories.
Summer
touching stories. I'll be reading more Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
M&rcu$ #u+chin$
I have read a lot of these books so it should be very entertaining.
Ria
Great book! Inspirational stories... with smile, tears, joy,...
  • God's Story, Your Story: When His Becomes Yours
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Secrets to Exceptional Living: Transforming Your Life Through the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • Questions of Life (Alpha: A Practical Introduction To the Christian Faith, Includes Study Guide)
  • Standing Strong: How to Resist the Enemy of Your Soul
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • Living Faith
  • Essential Truths of the Christian Faith
  • What Happens When Women Pray
  • Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Lies We Believe
  • Grace Walk
  • Your Money Counts: The Biblical Guide to Earning, Spending, Saving, Investing, Giving, and Getting Out of Debt
  • A Treasury of Christmas Miracles: True Stories of Gods Presence Today

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)