Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul: Stories of Love, Laughter and Commitment to Last a Lifetime (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

Your wedding day is one of the most memorable of your lifeespecially if you're the bride. From unique proposals to hilarious and touching tales of actual ceremonies and receptions, this book will
Published January 27th 2004 by HCI (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul

Emily Thayer
Mar 16, 2008 Emily Thayer rated it it was amazing
This one is the best -- although I say that because Matthew's story of his proposal to me is in it :) :)
Paula
Sep 24, 2008 Paula rated it liked it
Cute and fun read for a bride-to-be.
Jul 21, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
A Must Read for every Bride!
Lisa
Jul 28, 2011 Lisa added it
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I bought it four days ago- Thursday, and have hardly been able to put it down since. I've already recommended it to an engaged friend, and will definitely recommend it to others. Heck, I might even have my fiance read it, since several of the stories are written from the groom's perspective, as well as fathers of the groom, mothers of the groom, fathers and mothers of the bride, and even close friends. Some of the stories have made me laugh, some have made me cry, several have ...more
Lynai
Apr 29, 2012 Lynai rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I am an anxious bride-to-be. With only two weeks left before the big day, and as much as I want to be calm and cool, I just can’t, as evidenced by the appearance of rashes on my legs and back. Experience tells me that my skin allergies always enjoy making a show whenever I am stressed out. So, reading this book has served, indeed, as a “chicken soup” to my restless soul.

The stories included in this edition of the renowned Chicken Soup for the Soul have made me laugh, some made me teary-eyed, but
Faye Hollidaye
May 10, 2013 Faye Hollidaye rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: brides-to-be, recent brides, and lifetime wives
If I would have quit reading this book because of my disappointment at the first section, I would have never realized that this is a great book. The further I read, the better the stories got. This book is not only for new brides, it's just as equally for brides who have been married for years.
I bought my copy when I was planning my own wedding more than two years ago now, but didn't get around to reading it until recently. It was worth whatever I paid for it and it's staying on my bookshelf. I
Dianne
Aug 17, 2007 Dianne rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Utter tripe. I was given this book as a shower gift, and spent many a happy hour mocking it. The writing is uneven; most of the stories have pat morals and little nuance; and the women are stereotyped.

If you're looking for a self-help book to get you through the wedding craziness, try Emotionally Engaged: A Bride's Guide to Surviving the "Happiest" Time of Her Life. Emotionally Engaged is not earth-shattering; in fact, it's mostly common sense. But it does encourage brides to deal with their pr
Swety Retna
Apr 07, 2013 Swety Retna rated it it was amazing
Buku yang sangat menyentuh :') saya berkali-kali menitikkan air mata karena terharu pada kisah-kisah sepasang suami istri, dari saat mereka bertemu, merencanakan pernikahan, momen pernikahan itu dan tentu saja kehidupan yang dijalani selama menikah sampai akhirnya maut menjelang.. penikahan memang tak selalu indah tapi didalamnya ada banyak kesempatan bertumbuh menjadi dewasa. Kebanyakan mereka mengatakannya, bahwa selalu ada badai,namun mereka bahagia dengan pernikahan :))
Renee
Mar 18, 2011 Renee rated it it was ok
My mother bought me this as a gift, something to read before my wedding this April. It is what is expected from the Chicken Soup series: cute, "uplifting" stories for mostly the Christian set. I have to admit that a few stories made me tear up, and a lot in the ninth section of the book I found quite soothing during this planning process. So yes, not high literature, but good for its intended purpose.
Natalie
Aug 03, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
This book is comprised of short stories submitted by brides/brides to be or their close family. Not a good idea to read them in public - found it hard to read most stories without being moved to tears; a potent reminder of what is really important about weddings/marriage - an excellent gift for brides or brides-to-be.
Marvie Grulke
I read a few stories from this. It's an OK read. Someone gave it to me for a wedding/wedding shower gift. Riddle me this? Why exactly is this a good gift? It didn't make me a better bride/wife. I think I'd rather the actual chicken soup. No offense to the presenter of said gift. Also, I've ranked "The Giving Tree" so there's that to say about my book reviewing skill set.
Gizzle Fe
Feb 24, 2015 Gizzle Fe rated it it was amazing
What will make love last? There is Commitment, shared interest, unselfishness, physical attraction and communication, but there's more there is Spontaneity, There is Surprises, There is Sharing, There is Forgiveness, There is Sensitivity and above all There is Faith. :) that's what makes love last. :)
Breeana
Sep 11, 2008 Breeana rated it really liked it
There are some really sweet stories in this book that bring goosebumps every time I read or hear them. It was fun reading while engaged to be married. Also, there are a lot of good ideas on how to propose, men! If you're thinking of proposing (or know a friend who is), I'd suggest this book for great ideas.
Nov 19, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I love this book i bought it the first time i got married at i read i every once in a while to see all the love and compassion that is in there. I remmoned any new bride buys this book becuase it will help you though the tough times...
Shannon mp
Apr 28, 2008 Shannon mp rated it really liked it
Holy, Nellie! Break out the kleenex! I was not expecting to read so many sad stories while preparing for my big day! They were very touching stories that deliver the "real meaning of marriage" message, but with the stress of planning a wedding...I had to close this one until AFTER the ceremony.
Jinni-lou
Sep 26, 2009 Jinni-lou rated it really liked it
This was such a wonderful book to read, I love to read real life stories!!! The good thing about books like these is that you can read it little by litte since it's a bunch of stories in one. Anyone who is engaged should read this book.
Auntkel
Apr 29, 2008 Auntkel rated it it was amazing
I love all the chicken soup books. I like how they are a bunch of litle short stories so even if you only have just a couple minutes to read you can get one story read. This ones good even if your not married or engaged right now.
Becca
Nov 08, 2008 Becca rated it liked it
This was a very heartwarming book. It was a very nice shower gift I received and I actually read the whole thing. Some of the stories even made me tear up.
Heidi
Jan 02, 2009 Heidi rated it liked it
This book is enough to keep me interested and is cheesetastic to the max. A guilty pleasure if you will. Fun to read but not all believable.
Payal Khanna
Read it long back. Just before my wedding. It has very sweet and simple stories on love and relationships. Perfect gift for a bride-to-be
Sushmitha
Mar 07, 2012 Sushmitha rated it really liked it
These Real stories are so touching & we can relate ourselves to some..
they are inspiring and helpful too ..
Kimberly Wilson
Jul 08, 2016 Kimberly Wilson rated it it was amazing
I'm ashamed to admit this was a wedding gift almost seven years ago, I finally got around to reading it. I cried and laughed and it made me think more tenderly if my husband. Worth the read.
Megan Marie
Feb 02, 2014 Megan Marie rated it liked it
Loved the touch of diary it stays next to my wedding album the stories wrre as always inspiring and every moment of stressed id read and could relax! Wonderfully put together
Heather
Oct 26, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
Very well written, cute and cheesy wedding stories just like the other Chicken Soup books.. Some stories will bring you to tears. The teary ones are the good stories of course!
Emily
Aug 09, 2011 Emily added it
It was just nice to read all these stories and hear about all the happiness and surprises and adaptations to situations and things like that. Very sweet book.
Erica
Sep 18, 2011 Erica rated it it was ok
Got it as a gift...it was OK and I did not finish reading it because my brain is too full of wedding stuff anyway. Simple stories, kind gesture from the fiance's aunt.
Nauf
Aug 20, 2010 Nauf rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the Chicken Soup series. Stories about proposals, preparing for weddings, unforgettable moments...a perfect gift for a bride =)
Vanessa Homedew
Vanessa Homedew rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2009
Jamie DiCola
Jamie DiCola rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • On Relationships: A Book for Teenagers
  • Kawaii!: Japan's Culture of Cute
  • Cerita Cinta Indonesia: 45 Cerpen Terpilih
  • Zona @ Last (Trilogi Zona, #3)
  • Last Christmas
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)
  • Big City Eyes
  • Indonesia Mengajar
  • The Otaku Encyclopedia: An Insider's Guide to the Subculture of Cool Japan
  • Surat untuk Ruth
  • Frightening Light (Horrible Science)
  • Blackbird (Little Sister's Classics)
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Japanese Hiragana & Katakana for Beginners: First Steps to Mastering the Japanese Writing System (CD-ROM Included)
  • Impressionists
  • How to Court a Librarian (Jewel Bonds, #4)
  • Fearless
  • Leonardo Da Vinci And His Super-Brain (Dead Famous)

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...