Start by marking “Blizanke” as Want to Read:
Blizanke

Blizanke

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  5,930 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
Mnogi ljudi odbacuju svoje djetinjstvo kao stari šešir. Zaboravljaju ga kao telefonski broj koji više ne vrijedi. Najprije su takvi ljudi bili djeca, zatim su odrasli, ali što su oni zapravo? Samo onaj tko odraste i ostane dijete, jest čovjek!
Published 2005 by Znanje (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Blizanke, please sign up.

Grace Wright Yeah, I liked it! I had no idea the parent trap was based off a book!

Manny
I often see people here on Goodreads complaining that they can no longer read books the way they used to when they were kids. Once, you'd just get completely absorbed by the story and follow it breathlessly as it progressed, identifying with the characters and willing things to come out right for them. But now, you're too sophisticated; you keep on thinking about the author's style, and how he's manipulating you into believing this and expecting that, and anyway you saw someone else do it better ...more
Manybooks
Feb 10, 2016 Manybooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in German children's literature, or children's literature in general
I loved this book absolutely to pieces when I was a child and I have also watched and greatly enjoyed the German film version multiple times (the one from the 1950s that had the author, Erich Kästner, write the screen play). It is much more authentic than The Parent Trap (which took some rather huge and for me, unforgivable liberties with the plot). Kästner has definitely managed to realistically portray the many problems faced by children of divorced parents, as well as the irresponsible behavi ...more
Miriam
May 30, 2015 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: younger
I recently learned that the film "The Parent Trap" was based on a book so I gave it a read. It was good, could have stood a bit more development. I have a feeling there was more sly humor in the German that didn't really come through in English; may try a different translation.

One thing I noticed, which I don't remember if it was present in the film, was the mother's financial difficulties and how Lottie was well-behaved not because of strict parenting but because of having to do the house-keepi
Faeze Taheri
Mar 06, 2015 Faeze Taheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
فیلم اقتباسی از این کتاب از بهترینهای دوران بچگی منه. یادمه کوچیک که بودم نوار آهنگایی که تو فیلم خونده میشد رو هم داشتم و شبا گاهی حتی روی تخت با گذاشتن واکمن بغل گوشم و شنیدن اونا میخوابیدم.
اینطوریه که فکر میکنم جدا از ارزش خود فیلم، که به نظرم کم نیست، همهش برای من حس خوب خاطرات گذشته و به قولی نوستالژیه!
برای همین وقتی که این کتابو پیدا کردم، که دقیقا یادم نیست کی بود، اما خیلی بعد از دیدن فیلمش بود که تعجب منو برانگیخت که فیلم رو از روی یک کتاب برداشتن، بسیار بسیار ذوق کردم. البته قابل ذکره
Lisa Vegan
Jul 17, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who enjoy novels with interesting child characters; fans of the movie The Parent Trap
Thanks to Goodreads friend Gundula (I can’t adequately thank her!) who gave me this copy of the book. So, I finally got a chance to read it. For years, ever since I knew that the movie The Parent Trap was based on this book, I’ve wanted to read it.

My whole life I always wanted a twin sister, or at least siblings. This book would have definitely been a favorite book of mine had I read it at age 9 or 10, about the time I was first enjoying the movie. And, despite being a huge fan of Hayley Mills,
Radina
Mar 12, 2014 Radina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erich Kästner understands children – as he says adults should not forget that children’s unhappiness is as real and honest just like theirs, it doesn’t matter what children cry about, because in life it’s not important what you grieve about, only how much you grieve. He is not afraid to write about adults’ problems (like divorce) and their effect for children. And his stories are flavoured with considerable amount of humour, so that both young readers and their parents don’t forget to always see ...more
☪♥Magic Love Wonderland☯♥Love☮
Jun 05, 2016 ☪♥Magic Love Wonderland☯♥Love☮ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Children's literature
Shelves: humour, classics
Okay, also das hier wird meine erste 'deutsche' Review. Ich versuche mein 'bestes' zugeben, aber manchmal haut das ja aber nicht so hin.

Lass uns dann mal los legen. Das doppelte Lottchen sind offensichtlich Luise und Lotte, Zwillinge, die sich erstaunlicher weise sich erst kennen lernen in dem Ferienheim im fiktiven Ort Seebühl am Bühlsee in den Alpen.

Luise ist lebhaft und schlagfertig während Lotte schüchtern, fleißig, ordentlich und aufmerksam ist.

Zusammen haben sie das Geheimnis gelüftet un
Ana
Oct 17, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Duh, saat baca buku ini, rasanya "hangat" di dalam dada. Emang sih, kalau baca buku anak-anak tu rasanya ringan dan menyenangkan, seolah ngingetin bahwa kita pernah jadi anak-anak dan pernah hidup dengan "hidup".

Ternyata baru sadar kalau buku ini pernah dijadiin film Parents Trap yang dibintangi Lindsay Lohan. Pantesan, rasanya familiar sama jalan ceritanya; 2 anak kembar yang terpisah sejak kecil dan baru tahu kalau mereka kembar ketika ketemu di sebuah tempat liburan. Seru!
Nadja A.
Was für ein tolles Kinderbuch. Als Kind habe ich leider keine Kästner gelesen (soweit ich mich erinnere), aber die hätte ich sicher alle geliebt! Toller Schreibstil, wie manchmal wir Leser angesprochen werden, nie belehrend, sondern einfach weise. Lustige Geschichte, aber stets sehr realistisch und einfühlsam. Zu recht ein Klassiker!
Katri
Dec 19, 2009 Katri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favourite books as a child, I've read it goodness knows how many times! Been thinking of rereading it in German some time to practice my language skills.
LauraW
Feb 10, 2013 LauraW rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to LauraW by: Manybooks
I enjoyed this audiobook, although it was shorter than I expected. I don't think it was abridged (Audible described it as "ungekürtz".) It was not the version for the Kinofilm.

When I was a child, there was a fascination with twins. I remember fondly the stories about the Bobbsey Twins The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport and also the movie The Parent Trap. I never knew that The Parent Trap was based on this story, or at least the idea.

I agree with Gundula http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/7874194
Akemi G
Oct 05, 2015 Akemi G rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fiction
Another childhood fav of mine. The English version's title and cover make it seem like this is just one of any kids' books, but this is actually quite sophisticated. I if I understand correctly, the original title "Das doppelte Lottchen" means Double Lottchen (Lottie). The cover art of the German edition conveys this idea well, showing two identical girls.

It's a story of identity swap. There is something very fascinating about this theme, and many authors have tried it; Mark Twain wrote The Pri
Katy Noyes
Jan 31, 2015 Katy Noyes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never knew all the Parent Trap / twin swap films were based on a book until recently. And one I've been enjoying. Had to read it.

And it's wonderful, as I expected.

The original identical-twins-swap-parents story, Lottie and Lisa meet accidentally at a summer camp and realise they are actually twins separated by their parents' divorce. Deciding to spend time secretly with their unknown parent, the expected problems and situations arise, comic and not so, and a happy ending will hopefully be on t
Marganingsih
Jan 07, 2013 Marganingsih rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ini novel pertama yang saya baca.
Kisahnya menarik. Ide cerita yang hebat. Ketika mereka bertukar tempat dan harus beradaptasi dengan ayah dan ibu mereka yang belum pernah ditemui sebelumnya. Kisah keluarga yang terpisah tapi akhirnya bisa bersatu kembali berkat ide cemerlang mereka untuk bertukar tempat.
Kalau kalian pernah menonton The Parent Trap (1998).. nah ide ceritanya diambil dari buku ini. Novel ini dibuat duluan yaitu pada 1949, terjemahan bahasa Indonesianya pun baru ada pada 1986.
Menar
Beth
Oct 04, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is the book that Disney based "The Parent Trap" on and I was curious what the original was like: spoiler alert, quite different. I can see why they needed to change it though-- this works great as a children's book, second or third grade, but the conflicts are fairly simple, not very wacky, and wouldn't play on screen too well. I finished it in a day-- a quick, fun read.
This book inspired numerous films, including the English language version The Parent Trap. In both story and writing (which may have to do with the translator) I found this superior to the previous Kästner book I read: Emil and the Detectives.
Amy Gourley
May 25, 2012 Amy Gourley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book with Mallory. It was one of my favorite books as a child. This is the book that The Parent Trap movie is based on. I forgot the little funny parts of the book and reading it as an adult I got some more stuff that I probably didn't get out of it as a child.
Adi  Cohen
Feb 23, 2016 Adi Cohen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ספר מדהים שגרם לי להיכנס עוד יותר לתוך העולם של הקריאה, ולגלות עולם רחב יותר דרך זה. קראתי את זה לפני שנים, אבל אני עדיין מגלה שאני חושבת עליו בסיטואציות שונות.
זה לגמריי הילדות שלי
Anna
May 11, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-hungarian
Lovely story, the writing is smart and interesting. I appreciate it even more now. It's the perfect escape after a bad a day.
Anna
Dec 09, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
It is a very nice book I read and enjoyed when I was a child.
شبگیر
از اولین کتاب هایی بود که خوندم و بسیار هم لذت بردم.
Tea
Dec 20, 2013 Tea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lasteraamat
It's one of my favourite children's books.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
Three and a half stars. I devoured it nearly in a sitting, to the place that I gave myself a raging headache and had to leave it. This is the book that gave rise to "The Parent Trap", the 1960s movie that starred Hayley Mills as two girls, one Bostonian and one Californian, and which was ohsoveryDisney. (For one thing, both parents in the movie were quite wealthy; though I can't remember what California Dad does for a living, Boston Mom is old money and has never really had to work.) From where ...more
Tanja
Sep 18, 2015 Tanja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is maybe the very first chapter book (in its original German version), I read on my own - and fell totally in love with. Most probably this is the book that turned me into a reader. So I am biased when it comes to this story, I must admit. Reading it takes me back forty years - as if nothing has changed - makes me love this story and treasure every word of it all over again. The translator Anthea Bell has done a wonderful job in translating the book into English, maintaining the author's so ...more
Petra
I devoured Kästner as a kid and this was my absolute favorite of his, so I figured it was a good place to start in my attempts at reading books in German.

It had been a while since I read this and it's just an utter delight, in any language. Plot-wise, it's probably my favorite version of the story, telling the main plot perfectly (so many things that I appreciated, from the way the book handled class privilege to the often amusing descriptions of The Life of an Artist) while still managing to we
an
Jan 03, 2012 an rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
buku pertama di tahun 2012

apa jadi na jika kau yang selama ini hidup sebagai anak tunggal tiba-tiba menemukan saudara serahim kau? apa rasa na jika akhir na kau tahu bahwa ayah/ibu yang selama ini kau kira telah tiada ternyata ada di separo bagian benua yang lain? bagaimana memiliki saudara lagi dan tahu bahwa kita sebenar na bisa menjadi keluarga yang lengkap dengan ayah dan ibu?

kisah ini sebenar na sama dengan tulisan erich yang lain, yang akhir na jadi keluarga bahagia. hanya saja...

pernah ta
Erica
Nov 11, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this aloud to my daughters several years ago, when they were so crazy about Parent Trap (the one with Lindsay Lohan).

What a sweet story - just short enough to read aloud to a 5- to 8-year-old. This edition has a short note about Kastner, and how his books for adults were banned & burned by the Nazis, but he was allowed to keep writing for children. There is nothing in this book that makes readers aware of the politics of the time, at all. It must have been a challenge for him to writ
Larry
Apr 20, 2016 Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the movies based upon this book, "The Parent Trap", both the Hayley Mills and Lindsay Lohan versions, as a child and later with my children. I prefer the earlier one, but it is a bit dated and my kids liked the modernized one. As a child, I also enjoyed the "Emil and the Detectives" film based on another of Erich's books. Without a doubt, these films were both varnished and polished by Hollywood for American audiences, but I applaud their efforts as both were done well without emphasis ...more
Zane Araki
Feb 06, 2013 Zane Araki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aku nulis review nya dalam bahasa Indonesia aja deh, biar orang Indo yang belum pernah baca novel ini kira-kira dapat gambaran bagus nggak nya buku ini.

Aku nggak nyangka kalau Erich Kastner itu pengarang jenius, dan bisa di sejajarkan sama Roald Dahl. Aku baca buku ini waktu aku SD, dan itu berkesan banget, menemani masa kecilku dengan cerita-cerita yang mendidik. Aku merasa dari membaca novel-novelnya Erich Kastner telah membantu aku dalam menulis ceritaku sendiri. Malah karena dia, salah satu
Molly
Apr 18, 2016 Molly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Lisa of Vienna and Lottie of Munich meet at summer camp and discover that they are identical twins separated at birth. They hatch a plan to switch places and bring their parents back together.

I read this when I heard it was the basis for The Parent Trap, two of my favorite movies from childhood. I love both the Hayley Mills and Lindsay Lohan versions. The story is very similar, but the book was rather odd. The book is translated from German, so this could account for parts of that. There are som
  • Ferien auf Saltkrokan
  • Die kleine Hexe
  • Der Trotzkopf
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Eine Woche voller Samstage (Sams, #1)
  • Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl (Pumuckl #1)
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Max und Moritz: Eine Bubengeschichte in sieben Streichen
  • Das Austauschkind
Erich Kästner (23 February 1899 – 29 July 1974) was a German author, poet, screenwriter and satirist, known for his humorous, socially astute poetry and children's literature.
More about Erich Kästner...