Start by marking “Temptation” as Want to Read:
Temptation

Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  630 ratings  ·  66 reviews

Millionaire security expert and rancher Zeke Travers always separates emotion from work until a case leads him to Sheila Hopkins--and the immediate, scorching heat between them. Suddenly, Zeke is tempted to break the rules. And it's only a matter of time before he gives in....
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin Desire (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

L.M. David
I absolutely loved the characters and the flow of the story. It didn't lag at all and the male character had me wishing I could run into someone like him when I was dating. Here was a man determined to get what he wanted, unlike other stories where writers make their males bitter and unwilling to commit, make the woman chase him, right or wrong or just drive her crazy because he's indecisive. Here the female had the most emotional baggage but unlike Zeke's scars, hers were the ones he chose to a ...more
Hava
Mar 11, 2012 Hava rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Absolutely NO ONE!!!
Recommended to Hava by: B&N, curse their souls
Shelves: adult-fiction
NOTE: This was the Free Friday book on the B&N website, hence me seeing it to begin with. Okay, we may proceed. :)

******

Dear God in heaven, this was a terrible book. Period. When I saw that it had an average of 4 stars with 110 ratings on the B&N website, I thought, "Well gosh, I don't read many romance novels, and I'm not sure I've ever read a Harlequin novel, but it is free and so I should try it and see if I like it."

Case solved: I didn't like it at all. At one point, the main charac
Bubbles
Sheila is a single nurse who has been given numerous awards for her altruistic deeds. Her older sister has a different mother, her mother is always jumping from man to man, and Sheila has determined that she is supposed to spend her life forever alone. Oh, she also nibbles her lower lip so frequently I'm surprised the front of her isn't covered with blood and her nipples are threatening to poke through the front of her shirt. Let's just get you another shirt there, dearie. Possibly a red sweater ...more
Donna
This book was a real page turner and I could not put it down. I really like the way the author moved from chapter to chapter, a little different than other books I have read. The characters were really fasinating. The way it was smoothly written made you feel drawn into the situation. The romance in the book was done very tastefully and easy to read. I did not feel that the author went overboard on this. These are everyday feelings and emotions that we go through, to have left it out would have ...more
Kim
I thought this was a sweet read, and it was nice to read some new subject matter from Brenda Jackson. Sheila was a wonderfully written character. She is the type of woman any child would have loved to call her mother. She and Zeke had great chemistry from the first "meeting" at a stop light, and fate sort of brought them together. There was a bit of mystery in this book which was great and I couldn't figure out exactly what the outcome would be which is certainly another plus. Often times when I ...more
Susan
Good book. I liked Zeke and his loyalty to his friend. He planned to do his best to find out who was blackmailing Brad, and who left the baby at the club. Sheila was terrific with the baby, and very intent on taking the best possible care of her. Both Zeke and Sheila had issues with people leaving them in their pasts, and they wanted to be very careful that they wouldn't get hurt again. I enjoyed their interactions, and seeing how good Zeke was with the baby was pretty impressive. I'm looking fo ...more
Angelia
I actually liked this book and was glad that Zeke and Shelia conducted themselves as a "grown" man and woman....at one point Shelia did act a little childish but was glad she saw she was wrong and didn't waste much time in letting Zeke know she was wrong......although this was a short story it was a pretty good read that had you guessing about little Sunnie.....Make me wanna read the last book in the series.......
Deborah Wilson
Great book!!

this was a great book. good plot with some not overly obvious twists. plenty of sizzle and romance.

a good read!!!!
☂ ℬrandi
This is my first Brenda Jackson Harlequin. Previously I've only read a few of her short stories that were at the end of other Harlequin's. There are some intriguing moments but they are fleeting. I normally like things wrapped up in a bow and I have no problem with predictability. Yet somehow this book did a little too much of both.
Zeke Travers is a wealthy P.I. out of Royal, Texas. His newest case involves his best friend Brad who is being blackmailed. A 5 month old baby girl is abandoned on t
Linda
I absolutely loved the character Zeke. I enjoyed the fact that this took didn't lag and the storyline wasn't complication between him and Sheila. Zeke's explanation of wanting to protect his heart seemed plausible but the two of them had more than that to deal with once they determined they loved each other. Sheila had more hang-ups than Zeke and he chose to deal with hers instead of his own. It seemed wierd Sheila never asked about whether any old flames of Zeke's were around town and that ther ...more
Loretta Dozier
Rating Temptation

As always never a dull moment reading any of Brenda Jackson's books. Temptation was moving, caring, great reading.. I will always recommend a Brenda Jackson book..
Martha
pretty durned graphic! I remember reading books like this when I was going to graduate school and needed to give my brain a break. This did not disappoint in that regard. Usually the sex was on page 96, in this book it occurred much earlier on page 61. If you know that's what you're getting then you won't be disappointeed. If you think you're getting great literary work, you'll be very surprised. It moved quickly to its logical conclusion. That's the good news. Good brain break and logical concl ...more
Amy
I really enjoyed this one. The characters sucked me in.
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Mar 13, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dee Renee by: Free Fridays from Barnes & Noble
Shelves: 2012
This was the Free Friday selection from BN.com last Friday, and I read it within hours of downloading. This guilty pleasure was hard to put down because the author skillfully plots the action and uses dialogue to move the story forward.
I liked this romance for there was a mystery to it, and neither the heroine nor the hero caused the problem.
For those readers of the romance genre, primly I give this an R-rating. I'm sure there are those who might tell me this could pass for PG-13 these days.

Naomi
for a free download it wasn't bad - sweet story but predictable
Beth
A romance novel, again a genre I don't usually read. A cute story with some twists and turns. More romance than story (the back story sounds like something I would love to read - suspence thriller). Again too many rich people involved - why can't two poor people ever have a romance in these things or is it easier to explain how they are spending every last minute together if work isn't a big part of their lives????

Dislaimer - free Fridays ebook from B&N
Shelita
I enjoyed this book well enough. A quick little read. Plenty of steamy scenes between Zeke & Sheila. And little Sunnie is too adorable.
Gotta admit, I thought the story would end differently. But it did make me wanna read the next book in the series. Ms. Jackson definitely set that up nicely for the next author in the continuity.
If you enjoy a quick read with engaging characters, give Temptation a try.
Allison
I received this as part of a Nook Free Friday and since I like the genre I wanted to read it. This was not the best book I've read. I liked base of the story but the characters weren't the most believable and different personalities seemed forced. But, again, I liked the plot and how the author tied it all together at the end.
Jody
Zeke, the PI hero of Temptation is handsome, considerate and understanding of Sheila's hang-ups, as he investigates who left baby Sonnie on the doorstep and left a note claiming who the father was and demanding money. This creates an emotional situation for everyone involved until the mystery is solved.
This was a free book Friday pick or I never would have read it. I cant believe I read a Harlequin. lol... I believe the rating must be PG-27. I thought it was going to be a western by the cover. It is actually about a nurse, one abandoned baby and a P.I. who is a part time cowboy.
Beckie
This was a B&N Free Friday selection. So lame. I didn't even finish reading it. After getting about half-way through, I skipped to the last two chapters to see how the story ended. So much repetitiveness in terms of words and phrases, and just a little too explicit for my taste.
Lynda
Learning the lesson to come to terms with the past and letting go in order to take hold of the future is the premise of this book. Zeke Travers fits the bill of a gentleman coming to the rescue. The story has all the relationships neatly tied with the expected ending.
Jacqueline Bell Al-guweiri
Really not into Harlequin/romance but my brain needed a no brainer and this was a good, easy quick read that didnt get too sexually explicit like some of these type books can. Nice story line but like all of these, it was very predictable.
Ladyacct
From this series this is the 2nd best book going, although it is the fifth one. The first was pretty good too. I liked how the hero refused to lie to the heroine, and how he got his woman. Very nice Mrs. Jackson.
Jackie
I haven't read a real romance until this book. Lame. It was lovey-dovey and the plot was THIN. Avoid. It was a free friday download from B&N. Thank you for the free book! But it wasn't up my alley.
Tia
This was an okay read for me. It was drawn out and it lulled in some places. Midway in, I just wanted to finish. There was an interesting twist at the end that pushed me along. Not her best.
Paula Abdullah
Good Book. I like how Brenda contrasted the women's characters, her unsupportive family and the women that helped her Summer, Abigail. I also could appreciate Brad giving Sunni, Sheila' middle name.
Pauline
Did not care for this book....if I had realized it was a Harlequin Romance I wouldn't have downloaded it. It was a Free Fridays at Barnes and Noble....will check out the next one more thoroughly!
  • The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell #2)
  • Dead Politician Society: A Clare Vengel Undercover Novel
  • From the Ashes
  • Raven Strike (Dreamland, #13)
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Meet the Annas: A Musical Novel
  • Heart of the Witch
  • Needle in a Haystack
  • Gutshot Straight
  • By Design
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • Dare to Die (Death on Demand, #19)
  • Protector
  • Leaving Before It's Over

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)