Start by marking “Temptation” as Want to Read:
Temptation

Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)

Millionaire security expert and rancher Zeke Travers always separates emotion from work until a case leads him to Sheila Hopkins--and the immediate, scorching heat between them. Suddenly, Zeke is tempted to break the rules. And it's only a matter of time before he gives in....
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin Desire (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

Erika Williams
Jun 08, 2012 Erika Williams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sheila is a single nurse who has been given numerous awards for her altruistic deeds. Her older sister has a different mother, her mother is always jumping from man to man, and Sheila has determined that she is supposed to spend her life forever alone. Oh, she also nibbles her lower lip so frequently I'm surprised the front of her isn't covered with blood and her nipples are threatening to poke through the front of her shirt. Let's just get you another shirt there, dearie. Possibly a red sweater ...more
Hava
Mar 11, 2012 Hava rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Absolutely NO ONE!!!
Recommended to Hava by: B&N, curse their souls
Shelves: adult-fiction
NOTE: This was the Free Friday book on the B&N website, hence me seeing it to begin with. Okay, we may proceed. :)

******

Dear God in heaven, this was a terrible book. Period. When I saw that it had an average of 4 stars with 110 ratings on the B&N website, I thought, "Well gosh, I don't read many romance novels, and I'm not sure I've ever read a Harlequin novel, but it is free and so I should try it and see if I like it."

Case solved: I didn't like it at all. At one point, the main charac
L.M. David
Dec 10, 2012 L.M. David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the characters and the flow of the story. It didn't lag at all and the male character had me wishing I could run into someone like him when I was dating. Here was a man determined to get what he wanted, unlike other stories where writers make their males bitter and unwilling to commit, make the woman chase him, right or wrong or just drive her crazy because he's indecisive. Here the female had the most emotional baggage but unlike Zeke's scars, hers were the ones he chose to a ...more
Donna
Apr 10, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a real page turner and I could not put it down. I really like the way the author moved from chapter to chapter, a little different than other books I have read. The characters were really fasinating. The way it was smoothly written made you feel drawn into the situation. The romance in the book was done very tastefully and easy to read. I did not feel that the author went overboard on this. These are everyday feelings and emotions that we go through, to have left it out would have ...more
Kim
I thought this was a sweet read, and it was nice to read some new subject matter from Brenda Jackson. Sheila was a wonderfully written character. She is the type of woman any child would have loved to call her mother. She and Zeke had great chemistry from the first "meeting" at a stop light, and fate sort of brought them together. There was a bit of mystery in this book which was great and I couldn't figure out exactly what the outcome would be which is certainly another plus. Often times when I ...more
Susan
Oct 29, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book. I liked Zeke and his loyalty to his friend. He planned to do his best to find out who was blackmailing Brad, and who left the baby at the club. Sheila was terrific with the baby, and very intent on taking the best possible care of her. Both Zeke and Sheila had issues with people leaving them in their pasts, and they wanted to be very careful that they wouldn't get hurt again. I enjoyed their interactions, and seeing how good Zeke was with the baby was pretty impressive. I'm looking fo ...more
Angelia
Nov 25, 2011 Angelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually liked this book and was glad that Zeke and Shelia conducted themselves as a "grown" man and woman....at one point Shelia did act a little childish but was glad she saw she was wrong and didn't waste much time in letting Zeke know she was wrong......although this was a short story it was a pretty good read that had you guessing about little Sunnie.....Make me wanna read the last book in the series.......
Deborah Wilson
Sep 14, 2014 Deborah Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

this was a great book. good plot with some not overly obvious twists. plenty of sizzle and romance.

a good read!!!!
☂ ℬrandi
This is my first Brenda Jackson Harlequin. Previously I've only read a few of her short stories that were at the end of other Harlequin's. There are some intriguing moments but they are fleeting. I normally like things wrapped up in a bow and I have no problem with predictability. Yet somehow this book did a little too much of both.
Zeke Travers is a wealthy P.I. out of Royal, Texas. His newest case involves his best friend Brad who is being blackmailed. A 5 month old baby girl is abandoned on t
Linda
Sep 12, 2016 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the character Zeke. I enjoyed the fact that this took didn't lag and the storyline wasn't complication between him and Sheila. Zeke's explanation of wanting to protect his heart seemed plausible but the two of them had more than that to deal with once they determined they loved each other. Sheila had more hang-ups than Zeke and he chose to deal with hers instead of his own. It seemed wierd Sheila never asked about whether any old flames of Zeke's were around town and that ther ...more
Martha
Apr 19, 2012 Martha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
pretty durned graphic! I remember reading books like this when I was going to graduate school and needed to give my brain a break. This did not disappoint in that regard. Usually the sex was on page 96, in this book it occurred much earlier on page 61. If you know that's what you're getting then you won't be disappointeed. If you think you're getting great literary work, you'll be very surprised. It moved quickly to its logical conclusion. That's the good news. Good brain break and logical concl ...more
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Mar 13, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dee Renee by: Free Fridays from Barnes & Noble
Shelves: 2012
This was the Free Friday selection from BN.com last Friday, and I read it within hours of downloading. This guilty pleasure was hard to put down because the author skillfully plots the action and uses dialogue to move the story forward.
I liked this romance for there was a mystery to it, and neither the heroine nor the hero caused the problem.
For those readers of the romance genre, primly I give this an R-rating. I'm sure there are those who might tell me this could pass for PG-13 these days.

Shelita
Nov 06, 2011 Shelita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book well enough. A quick little read. Plenty of steamy scenes between Zeke & Sheila. And little Sunnie is too adorable.
Gotta admit, I thought the story would end differently. But it did make me wanna read the next book in the series. Ms. Jackson definitely set that up nicely for the next author in the continuity.
If you enjoy a quick read with engaging characters, give Temptation a try.
Beth
Apr 13, 2012 Beth rated it liked it
A romance novel, again a genre I don't usually read. A cute story with some twists and turns. More romance than story (the back story sounds like something I would love to read - suspence thriller). Again too many rich people involved - why can't two poor people ever have a romance in these things or is it easier to explain how they are spending every last minute together if work isn't a big part of their lives????

Dislaimer - free Fridays ebook from B&N
Jane
Zeke, the PI hero of Temptation is handsome, considerate and understanding of Sheila's hang-ups, as he investigates who left baby Sonnie on the doorstep and left a note claiming who the father was and demanding money. This creates an emotional situation for everyone involved until the mystery is solved.
Allison
Apr 28, 2012 Allison rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, ebook, romance, nook, e-own
I received this as part of a Nook Free Friday and since I like the genre I wanted to read it. This was not the best book I've read. I liked base of the story but the characters weren't the most believable and different personalities seemed forced. But, again, I liked the plot and how the author tied it all together at the end.
Jul 29, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free book Friday pick or I never would have read it. I cant believe I read a Harlequin. lol... I believe the rating must be PG-27. I thought it was going to be a western by the cover. It is actually about a nurse, one abandoned baby and a P.I. who is a part time cowboy.
Lynda
Jun 25, 2013 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learning the lesson to come to terms with the past and letting go in order to take hold of the future is the premise of this book. Zeke Travers fits the bill of a gentleman coming to the rescue. The story has all the relationships neatly tied with the expected ending.
Beckie
May 08, 2012 Beckie rated it it was ok
This was a B&N Free Friday selection. So lame. I didn't even finish reading it. After getting about half-way through, I skipped to the last two chapters to see how the story ended. So much repetitiveness in terms of words and phrases, and just a little too explicit for my taste.
Ladyacct
Jan 07, 2012 Ladyacct rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts
From this series this is the 2nd best book going, although it is the fifth one. The first was pretty good too. I liked how the hero refused to lie to the heroine, and how he got his woman. Very nice Mrs. Jackson.
Jacqueline Bell Al-guweiri
Really not into Harlequin/romance but my brain needed a no brainer and this was a good, easy quick read that didnt get too sexually explicit like some of these type books can. Nice story line but like all of these, it was very predictable.
Taz Will
Jul 16, 2014 Taz Will rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zeke and Shelia went through some crazy up and downs in this one. After finding out what was going on with the baby they realized they were meant for each other. Really great story.
Loretta Dozier
Apr 07, 2014 Loretta Dozier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating Temptation

As always never a dull moment reading any of Brenda Jackson's books. Temptation was moving, caring, great reading.. I will always recommend a Brenda Jackson book..
Georgeann
Nov 03, 2016 Georgeann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ff-read
Paula Abdullah
Jan 24, 2012 Paula Abdullah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book. I like how Brenda contrasted the women's characters, her unsupportive family and the women that helped her Summer, Abigail. I also could appreciate Brad giving Sunni, Sheila' middle name.
LaRissa
Apr 01, 2012 LaRissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't really have much to say about this book. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it and it was short. It didn't really keep my attention.
Tia
Nov 07, 2011 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay read for me. It was drawn out and it lulled in some places. Midway in, I just wanted to finish. There was an interesting twist at the end that pushed me along. Not her best.
Kristy
Mar 30, 2012 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, so good...as far as harlequin romances go. It was a Free Book Friday book on the Nook. Good read that only takes 1 brain cell to process; i.e., perfect for vacation.
Jackie
I haven't read a real romance until this book. Lame. It was lovey-dovey and the plot was THIN. Avoid. It was a free friday download from B&N. Thank you for the free book! But it wasn't up my alley.
Crystal
Oct 01, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a really good book. I love that Zeke didn't let Shelia push him away. I am interested in reading the other TCC books now.
  • The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell #2)
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • Raven Strike (Dreamland, #13)
  • From the Ashes
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Meet the Annas: A Musical Novel
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • Heart of the Witch
  • Dare to Die (Death on Demand, #19)
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • Needle in a Haystack
  • By Design
  • Leaving Before It's Over
  • A World I Never Made
  • Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • Fun Facts about Pets
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown (6 books)
  • One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)
  • The Rebel Tycoon Returns (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #2)
  • An After-Hours Affair (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #3)
  • Millionaire Playboy, Maverick Heiress (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #4)
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)