Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2: Stories About Facing Challenges, Realizing Dreams and Making a Difference” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Filled with relevant, inspiring, and fun stories written mostly by kids, this new volume features a unique, innovative chapter that highlights real preteen kids achieving real dreams, helping less fortunate people, starting their own business, and utilizing their unique abilities.
Published June 1st 2004 by HCI

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2

Cindy'qee :D
Aspen
I AM COUTING THIS AS TWO BOOKS!!!

This book is like a poem book just not with poems. This book has feelings of other people. Sad, happy and many other times and lives.

I loveeeeeee this book. Because if I have been going through a time I don't know how to handle I look in this book. There will be something I can find. And I gave this book a five star because I loveeeeeeed it I want to read it again!

I will recomend this book for people that are preeteens or soon to be a preeteen.

Stephanie
This book has many small stories in it about many different topic like crushes, bullying, death and even the choices we make. This book informs us that we have to be wise with certain situations and we have to have people earn our trust. People can seem to have our backs, but they could actually be someone who doesn't want to be your friend, but someone who wants to hurt you. We understand how it feels to get our heart broken and we know who is our friend for life or just someone that may just w...more
APhanHan15
"People may come and go, lives may change in an instant, but love and friendship will last forever"-Veneta Leonard "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drice out hate; only love can do that"-Martin Luther King Jr. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"-American Proverb. "Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2" is a great book, it has a lot of meaningful quotes and could say that I like all of them. "Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2" has different stor...more
Shelsy Morillo
it is a really good book...it help a lot when you're facing different types of situations...it make you fell a lot better about yourself... make you more confident...
Aksheeya
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! IT IS TOO GOOD!!! IT IS MY MOST TREASURED BOOK!!!! VERY VERY VERY INSPIRING!!!!
Xi
Although this is not the type of book that i read most of the time, but it definitely has an unusual, yet eclectic content with a strong sense of reality that i appreciated. This book is the collection of all the touching short stories by preteenagers from everywhere. although the stories are unique they all revolve around the same theme, which is the struggles of teens and the way they solved them.
I love most of the stories, i like the way that they are all short, the writers would tend to ju...more
Paula
I'm sorry. These books are my guilty pleasure. Actually, scratch that. I'm not sorry. ;)

A lot of criticism goes towards attacking the fact that 90% of these stories are about white people who are most likely Christian, you know, people who play baseball and ride horses and go to adventure summer camps where everyone sits by the fire and roasts marshmallows. Yeah. Well, that's true. I didn't mind much though. Sure, if the authors had added some stories about people struggling with homosexuality o...more
Xiaojuanwu
Aug 30, 2009 Xiaojuanwu rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Xiaojuanwu by: Teacher
Shelves: quater-2
This book is full of various of stories that are written by different people who are be coming teenagers. There are also stories about some problems kids face lead them to become a teenager. However, this book also contains some life lessons for children; such as how to be strong when they face family problem and friendship. In addtion, this book can help us understand what are the some issue people face often and how do they deal with it.

This book reminds a lot when I was becoming teenager. The...more
charlotte
Best book ever

I personally think that you should get it. it is a great book on life's lessons learned from others who have made the same mistake as you. I has stories on kids who are so determined to walk around when the doctor said that they couldn't. if you want to know about certain things you will probably end up finding them in this book or the first one.
Candace E.
This is a really good book. It has alot of true storys in it. I liked this book because it has true storys and that is my tipe of books. My favorite true story in this book is called A Friendship To Remember. It is about this girl she is new this school and she is at lunch and this girl came up to her and she hi my name is . After that they become raelly good friends to where they didnt want to leave eachother. Well one day the new girl was in the hospital and her mom called her best friends mom...more
Aman Gupta
This book is a collection of short, non fiction independent stories dealing with day to day issues. The characters in the book are potrayed to be teenagers. The book seems to have a very similar group of people writing the stories and it lacks diversity. The book involves lots of similar themes which reduces the interest of the reader. I believe this books fails to appeal to its target audience. It is better for a slightly more mature audience like teens. Some good parts of the book were where t...more
Erin

Tuesday, March 5- 30 minutes
Wednesday, March 6- 30 minutes

Monday, March 11- 30 minutes...more
Tabatha
i liked this book alot but mainly because i love the series of books. the book maybe chicken soup for the teenage soul but i think that it is a great book for people of all ages. the stories that people have to share about their life experences are shocking and thrilling. some of these stories just seem so unrealistic but the fact that they are true makes them heart breaking and scary. the book teaches us all some really great life lessons and things about people that have been through so much t...more
Pierce
Anna
Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2 is a book based off of many things that a preteen will go through such as, divorice, crushes, death, etc. What is interesting about this book is that it is written by preteens. It is broken down into chapters, what the section will be about. And within each chapter there will be little stories that the preteens submitted.
The read is pretty fast and easy. It just took me awhile to read because I had other things going on.
I would recommend this book to preteen...more
Alicia Micheletti
I like reading these books because they are all about experiences that different people have had. Those are the kind of things i like to read about whethers its about love, death, friendship, or hardships. This book is filled with letters from teens (girls and boys) just talking about they different things they have been through and how they got through it. It is basically just them sharing their personal hardshops or triumphs with the world.
Gelan
Oct 26, 2009 Gelan added it
Recommends it for: teens everywhere.
Recommended to Gelan by: my sister.
Chicken soup is a book that anyone can connect to.I feel like im in the persons shoes cause i can really relate to.this book is about trues stories kids and teens are facing everyday from family problems to love stories chicken soup has go it all.i think teens will really like the books. theres a chicken soup for every type of subject.
Vanessa Sider
very good book! some shared stories brang myself tears, knowing that they are all true stories. i always thought of them as one of my stories or a neighbours. so it was very heartbreaking. but i find it takes a huge amount of courage to share stories about death and etc. especially knowing the are between 4 years old and 16 years old
Jessica D.
I love this one just as much as I love the first one. I also own both of them. This book is perfect for pre-teen and others alike. I read this one after I was no longer a pre-teen, but to me a book is a book. If your old enough to understand it, your old enough to read it.
Andd Becker
What's not to like? The book is perfect for a certain age group that wants to read about friends, crushes, achieving deams, changes, families, and choices. Tough subjects like death and dying are handled with compassion. Preteens can learn from the stories presented.
Courtney
This is even better than the first one. The saddest page for me is 111. I cryed for a long time.

im sorry if 111 isnt what im talking about

i dont have the bok longer with me so im just guessing which page its on..so bare with me people
Melissaf34
Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2 is like Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul, except with different stories...and is also closer to present day preteens than the first one. I actually liked the first one better...
Kiwi
This book was just awesome!!! I love Chicken Soup books, so I already knew I was going to fall in love with this one. The stories in here are relateable, even though I am no longer a preteen, I still love going back and reading this book!!!
Hannah
This is a really good book. The stories are amazing. I recently finished reading 'Do Hard Things'(basically things outside your comfort zone) and many of the boys and girls qualify. It if really powerful stuff. I highly recommend it!
Erika Untung
Isinya bagus. Simple tapi kena artinya.
Minjemin buat adik, malah erk yang baca :p
Tapi untungnya si dede jg mau baca sih :) hehe :)

-leoerk-
www.otofriends.com
Community Gathering Place, Start From Indonesia
Fabiola Castro
It a good book. It like people are sharing what they feel inside of them love, sadness, on TOUGH STUFF, and other things like that. I'm going to start to read all there books. I love the part that They had a best friend
Kathryn
Everytime I read a Chicken Soup for the Soul book, I skip straight to the sad parts because I want a great tear-jerker. These books are perfect for absolutley anybody willing to open up a little to the world.
Crystal
This book is full of disappointing, exiting, true stories. Most of them are written by preteens. These stories are so touching that they will change your lives and the way you think about people.
Karlisa
This was a very inspirational book.A couple stories in the book made me cry. I learned from this book that you have to be grateful for what you got because you never know when it's all going to go.
  • Here Today
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Minuk: Ashes in the Pathway
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Franklin Rides A Bike
  • It's Music To My Ears (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #14)
  • Girl Stuff: Your Full On Guide To The Teen Years
  • A Ghost in the House
  • Over  &  Out (Camp Confidential, #10)
  • Pish Posh
  • Journal of Douglas Allen Deeds: The Donner Party Expedition, 1846  (My Name Is America)
  • Truth Cookie
  • Strategies That Work: Teaching Comprehension to Enhance Understanding
  • New Rules of High School
  • Horrible Harry Moves up to the Third Grade
  • Mmmm, Cookies
  • Teaching What Really Happened: How to Avoid the Tyranny of Textbooks and Get Students Excited About Doing History (Multicultural Education Series)
  • Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5)

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)