Start by marking “Killer Crullers (Donut Shop Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Killer Crullers   (Donut Shop Mystery, #6)

Killer Crullers (Donut Shop Mystery #6)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  684 ratings  ·  51 reviews
WELCOME BACK TO DONUT HEARTS—where the coffee is hot, the donuts are fresh, and the crullers are to die for…

As owner of April Springs’s one and only donut shop, Suzanne Hart is privy to the deliciously personal, downright eccentric tastes of her customers. One man is crazy for crullers—heavy on the icing. But when he doesn’t pick up his order, a tall dark stranger buys the
Published January 3rd 2012 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Killer Crullers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Crullers

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
The mystery was hum-drum, but the donuts made me drool. I ended up caving and going to buy donuts this morning!

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur magainze in the January 2012 issue: http://affairedecoeur.com.

Shay
For some reason, I keep returning to this cozy mystery series featuring doughnut shop owner, Suzanne Hart. Even though I've given 2- 2 1/2 stars (rounded to 3 stars) several times. I think it's because I like culinary mysteries. But, there are a lot of weaknesses in this series. For example, the books tend to be badly paced- the endings seemed very rushed. Leisurely paced for most of the books, then an abrupt unmasking of the killer- like the author just decided she got her 275-ish page count an ...more
Text Addict
This is the second of the "Donut Shop Mystery" series that I've read (out of six total), and it'll be the last.

I recognize that cozy mysteries are supposed to be fairly low-key - that's one reason they make nice reads for me when I'm feeling stressed - but these two books were so low-key they're practically comatose.

And that's just about the only thing wrong with them. Yes, there is character conflict and there are interesting characters. Yes, there is personal drama and actual change occurs o
Jessica Flaska
it wasn't bad. this is the first book i read and from the first chapter i kept thinking of joanne fluke's hannah swenson mysteries, which were written first, i had to look that up after reading this. they are to similiar. killer crullers was fine, i will admit i'll most likely ready more, but i do prefer the hannah swenson books. going off the story and comparing the 2 writers the similairites in this book to joanne flukes are: with hannah swenson: she's not married, owns a bakery that she gets ...more
Luffy Monkey D.
For a short while, I had the idea that this series would be decent all the way through. But though these books are mostly awful, I can't stop reading them. Or rather, I can keep reading them. That counts. There are so many respected books that I've tried reading and were unreadable. I don't know how Jessica Beck keeps churning out books that are enticingly readable to most of HIS target demographic.

I'll try to make a few points. Suzanne Hart's big thing in the book was her being alone. Prolong
Kim
I like this series, but I am afraid of 2 things happening. One,the premise of just how the donut shop doughnuts end up connected to a crime will wear thin and get stupid. And 2, the small town murder thing. I mean how many people can die in this town before everyone in dead? It's what I call the Cabot Cove syndrome. All murder mysteries can suffer the Jessica Fletcher syndrome, which is where only one character always finds the bodies.
Rebecca
this may be my favorite one in the Donut Heart series..I loved that all of Suzanne normal cohorts were busy or away and she was left to "investigate" for the most part on her own..So it wasant the same poeple doing the same thing again thru the whole book.. And ..the killer wasnt so easy to figure out this time in my opinion..( although I did have it figured out.. I dont mind that as it wasnt blatantly obvious from the beginning)
Amanda
Fantastic novel!

I think that Suzanne is brilliant! She always seems to solve the riddles that no one else seems to be able to see...

I hope that Grace has finally found someone who deserves to be with her, and that Trish finds someone reliable to help her with the Boxcar so that she can get a life...

Karen
oOOps I skipped book 5. oh well, I will go back to that one. this was my favorite in the series. It was not as predictable as the rest of the books. Again, light reading. Took 3 hours to read. Fun and easy...
Cindy
I have read 6 and enjoyed all of them so far! Sounds like a great little town to live in if you aren't murdered. lol Looking forward to moving on to book 7.
Angela
Love the characters, the town, doughnuts, and the romance! Another great entry in the series.
Jill
I like this series, it's just fun reading.
Fmorlan
Suzanne Hart runs a donut shop. But it happened that someone purchased her curlers in order to attack her neighbors shop. The man threatened them. Of course he was found dead. That starts Suzanne on her investigation. Meanwhile her mother and the chief of police are getting closer. With murder and her mother on her mind she has lots to deal with. She found various suspects that would want the man dead and continues to question. It does end with the capture but a surprising culprit. Good easy rea ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Oh no! Poor Donut maker, Suzanne Hart, owner of "Donut Hearts" and more often than she cares for, sleuth is thrown into another murder!

All Suzanne did was sell a dozen iced crullers to a client. Then, to her shock, she sees the customer pelting the store next door with them. What the heck? Suzanne goes over to find out. Gabby, owner of the used clothes store has a conflict with threats. Later that evening there is a man murdered between the two buildings. Police Chief Martin has no choice but to
Moondance
It is a pleasure to drop in on Suzanne at Donut Hearts in April Springs, NC. I always imagine a small town in the mountains like Clyde or Bakersville when I read this series. Both are places I like to visit. This installment opens with a stranger buying crullers from Suzanne to throw at Gabby's second hand clothing shop. He accuses Gabby of stealing from his aunt. When he later turns up dead in the alley behind the shops, Gabby is suspect number one. Of course, Suzanne, Grace and George have to ...more
Lindsay
I know this is not the first book in the series, but this is the book I started with. I got it for a heck of a deal on my Kobo. I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Its quick, funny and a good old fashioned cozy. The characters are likable and the pace of the story is just right. I will absolutely be reading the others in the series, and have already went back and bought 3 more. I cant wait to read more of these adventures.
Lynn Demsky
This series is a true treat to read! This time Suzanne’s friends were nowhere near her and couldn’t help her figure what who the killer was! And, by herself she truly almost got killed in trying to help Gabby, from next door! A GREAT read with super great recipes to try --- I can’t imagine anyone who enjoys cozies not enjoying this one!
Versel Rush
I love this series but this book--not so much.

The mystery itself was only so-so. Yep, there was a murder but, as the book went along, I found myself caring less and less about solving it. The deceased was not particularly likeable and, frankly, not particularly memorable. Jessica Beck did not take the time to flesh him out enough to make me care about him. And, in this case, I didn't care about the "wrongly accused" that Suzanne was working for.

I admit that the romance, such as it is, with Suzan
Jeanne Stephens
This was a great addition to the Donut Shop Mystery Series. Suzanne gets involved in investigating another murder. Her business neighbor, Gabby is accused of stealing a large sum of money and a diamond brooch that had accidently been left in a coat she had bought for her second hand store. The man accusing her is killed outside between Gabby and Suzanne's shops.

Suzanne helps her neighbor to clear her name. Although the story takes place in the fall, you would think it takes place in the spring w
Mary
Enjoyable cozy mystery. Love the recipes. Would love to find all these recipes in cookbook.
Nancy H
I am enjoying this Donut Shop series, although it makes me want to eat donuts when I am reading it. In this book, Suzanne's crullers are used as weapons against Gabby's shop next door by a man who thinks she stole a great deal of money and a valuable brooch from his aunt. Even though they are not great friends, Gabby requests Suzanne's help to clear her when the man is found dead near her shop and Gabby is the major suspect.
Kimberly
What's the color of Suzanne's hair?
I don't know why that's the first thing I thought of after I finished this book.

I've been reading these back to back, so they're now starting to run into one another. This was just as cute as the rest of them.
Now that I know the "formula" for this series here's my only random comment:
How stupid was Chet? From the beginning you just had to know it was him based on the way he was acting.
Diane Heath
Another episode of the Donut Shop mysteries. This one comes close to a 5 star rating as well. Suzanne has some friends who usually help out in the solving of the cases but this time they all were away when the climax / solution occurred. Seeing Suzanne in action narrowing the field of suspects down and then fighting for her life made an interesting book
Susan
When Suzanne Hart's neighbor is accused of theft and then murder, Suzanne just has to help out. Gabby may be irritating, but she's not a killer. Working around the difficult hours of her doughnut shop, and for most of the investigation without the help of her usual group of assistants, Suzanne puts herself in danger to track down the killer.
Hannah
This isn't my usual genre, and it fit a basic layout for a mystery story (not amazingly original), but I enjoyed it, which is what's important. I wish that the descriptions of people were introduced more naturally into the story and that some of the doughnut recipes were for baked doughnuts instead of them all being fried.
Alyssa White
Jessica Beck has done it again! I am so glad I picked up this series, I love Suzanne Hart! Though this book is not my favorite in the series, it is still delicious! The ending was GREAT I am so happy what happened happened. I always crave doughnuts after I read these books... YUM
Ramona
I really like this series. However, I am growing frustrated with the glaring editing errors. The one that stands out in my mind is towards the end of the book calling a suspect Alex instead of Allen! ARGH! But if you can move past them, the book was quite entertaining. :)
Sandybear76
Suzanne of Donut Hearts sells a lot of donuts but when she sells the box of crullers, she didn't know she was selling a weapon. The donut buyer used the crullers to pelt the business next door and then he is found behind the business the next day dead.
Gretchen
This is the 6th book in this series about Suzanne who owns a donut shop in a small town in North Carolina. When a man is murdered in the yard between her shop and her neighbor's, Suzanne helps find the killer to prove her neighbor's innocense.
Ali
Very quick read...these books aren't good or bad, but more like a reset button for me. Especially needed after the previous book I read which I didn't enjoy at all. Just a good cozy series that does what it's supposed to do.
  • Crops and Robbers (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #3)
  • A Cookie Before Dying (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4)
  • Clobbered by Camembert (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Town in a Wild Moose Chase (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #3)
  • Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder (Pizza Lovers, #2)
  • Behind the Seams (Crochet Mystery, #6)
  • False Impressions (Stamping Sisters, #3)
  • A Killer Crop (Orchard, #4)
  • The Pumpkin Muffin Murder (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #5)
  • The Chocolate Bridal Bash (A Chocoholic Mystery, #6)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Murder Buys a T-shirt (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #1)
Jessica Beck is a pseudonym used by
Tim Myers.
Jessica Beck is the penname of an author who has been nominated for the Agatha Award and named an Independent Mystery Booksellers Association national bestseller nearly a dozen times.

Jessica Beck loves donuts, and has the figure to prove it. It's amazing what people can convince themselves is all in the name of research! For each recipe featured in the
More about Jessica Beck...
Glazed Murder (Donut Shop Mystery, #1) Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery, #2) Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3) Tragic Toppings (Donut Shop Mystery, #5) Evil Eclairs (Donut Shop Mystery, #4)