Start by marking “A Reluctant Vampire (The Adam Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Reluctant Vampire (The Adam Chronicles, #1)

A Reluctant Vampire (The Adam Chronicles #1)

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Smashwords exclusive. Short Story.

A secluded monastery should be the safest place for a blind man, and it is, until a vampire and her gang come calling. After meeting the femme fatale, Adamo receives the gift of sight, but it comes with a terrible curse, one that might have damned his soul. #1 of The Adam Chronicles. Part of The Sanctuary War series.
ebook, First, 13 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about A Reluctant Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reluctant Vampire

Red Lace
Aug 01, 2014 Red Lace rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of short vampire stories
Blind Adamo hides when his monastery is attacked by evil beings, but he is found by a femme fatale. She is beautiful, dominating and takes an instant liking to him. She gives him the 'gift' of sight, but he soon learns it isn't worth being a monster.

This is the first of a series and like the signora with Adamo, I took an instant liking to this story. It was written wonderfully and it was a perfect piece to read just before bed.

A man of faith now cursed by a powerful woman, who shows far too mu
MsBDiamondDiva1
Adamo is blind and lives at a monastery with his holy brethren. One night the devil knocks at their door and Adamo is spared. Not by a male devil, but a female that will not take "no" for an answer. What Adamo thought was a gift from God soon turns out to be a kiss from the devil herself. And Adamo is determined to make her tire of him quickly so that he can be with his brothers in heaven.

This will be a great vampire book, I am sure; and I can't wait to read the entire story!!! :-)
Kelly/yllektra
I love the way Carla Krae writes and this book was no exception.
Short but utterly satisfying!!
Well worth a read if you like vampire fiction.
SATIN SUE
This is about a guy called Adamo who became blind as a child and was sent to a monastery, where he learnt he could still be useful. Now a grown man this had become his home and the brothers there his family. He didn't think he would be happy any where else but one dark night there was a knock at the door and all hell broke out and the brothers were killed one by one.

But poor Adamo has much worse done to him and he is left in the hands of a sexy but deadly female vampire.

I have to say I enjoye
Kenecia
This was way too short. I'm just glad I got both books (Compelled is #2) together on my Kindle app. But I'll review them separate.

This is the usual vampire story with a twist. The helpless victim is a blind male named Adamo and the aggressor is an evil vampire seductress. A man with nothing except faith has no choice but to follow the female until escape is possible.

So the writing style of this author is very pleasing so far. Hopefully there will be more imagery in the next part of the story, si
Danielle
Very short, yet seems more like a fragment of a much larger piece. I expected something more. We are left at a point that should still have Adamo in shock in transit from the monastery to who knows where with the hopes of being killed by his creator so he could be saved from the curse. There is little reaction really to the others having been killed apparently in a rather bloodless manner since he felt extremely hungry at the site of blood (which had to be from the sliced throat of a goat).
Preston Ray
Interesting concept, I like the idea of a person who is a vampire against his will. Unlike some other reviewers, I did not like the writing style. No major typos or grammatical mistakes but the sentences felt a bit "clunky". For example, the first sentence of the story was "It was the first day of the year the sun's warmth made my robe feel too warm." Bit of a "huh?" feel for me reading that.
Deniece
"Why must I bear this curse…what purpose lay before me?"I'm wondering why she would have chosen Adamo as well. Too short of a novella to catch feelings for it so I'll read the 2nd installment to see if it truly was worth my time.
Natasna
So yea this was a short story and I finished in 20 minutes..didnt expect for it leave it open like it did. It sounds interesting I may read the next book
Sheryl
A tad dry, typical plot. Another short fluffy read to fill time waiting in lines.
Kim
A unique approach to vampire fiction.
Maggie Douglas
much too short...
Tammy Jamea
Tammy Jamea marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Schellie
Schellie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Sep 19, 2014
Margie Consorte
Margie Consorte marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Allie
Allie added it
Aug 21, 2014
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Yael
Yael marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • Romancing Snow White: A Prince Charmaine Story
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • Stolen (Bitten #2)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • A Moonlit Night
  • Clarity (Soul Mates #3.5)
  • Shattered: A Daughter's Regret (Secrets, #2)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • We are the Monsters
  • The Nightman
  • A Weapon Of Opportunity
  • Beautiful Sins: The Divide (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...
An Unlikely Pair: The High School Years (My Once and Future Love, #0.5) My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2) An Unlikely Pair (My Once and Future Love, #1) Turn the Page (My Once and Future Love, #2.5) Personal Attention (My Once and Future Love, #2)