read ebook

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Jacob is trapped in a dying village. No hope, no friends, no future.

But when Simon the Healer appears everything begins to miraculously transform. The lake, the land and even the villagers themselves blossom into what they should have been all along: beautiful, strong, vital. All Jacob’s dreams seem to be within his reach.

Dreams, however, are powerful things and often de...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Tree Singer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tree Singer

Erin  Dove
Mar 19, 2012 Erin Dove rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: giveaway-win, 5-stars
At first glance this book is pretty. The paper is thick and soft, pretty colours on the cover. Great visual appeal.

So far, the author has me hooked. I am about 35% of the way through the book and it looks like it's going to be a great storyline. The character development is fantastic. I feel as if I am part of the story watching their little fishing village go from grey and dreary to becoming vibrant and beautiful.

.......

HELP ME! I can't put it down!!! I am now 65% of the way through the book...more
Devlin Scott
This is a story of love and loss presented in a rather unique way. The story moves in a lyrical motion. Not in any hurry to end and yet always moving forward, forever patient to explain its motives. This story almost has a life of its own. I’d love to tell you what it’s about but I risk giving away key elements of its plot. This is not easily defined. A boy wrestles with the loss of his father and along the way struggles to understand the loss and discovery of his own self.

It is written with a n...more
Lily
One Word: STUNNING

(Now for a review with more words)

Recommended to me by a close friend that just read this, I was very excited based on her review and gushing of this book that I would be very surprised by it... and so I was.

A story reminiscent of books I have read by Paulo Coelho, a well known Brazilian author, for his insightful, metaphorical poetic stories of human nature.

This author deserves his due. He stands on his own. This was a story of loss and rebirth, hope and pain, love and betray...more
Michael
A very different and enjoyable fantasy. In reality, this book could be written in any genre, in any setting. It is not important where they are or what they do, but HOW they do it that makes this book enjoyable. The prose is like poetry, and serves to relax to soothe. Perfect for the end of day to wind down.

I read the Kindle edition but I note it's also available in paperback from the publisher's website at www.dragonfallpress.com
Gabriela
WOW.. this was a very inspiring book. I really enjoyed reading it and feel really good about taking the time to absorb the story. The writer did a great job of keeping me as the reader captivated from beginning to end. The story was well written and at the end you could not ask for anything more.
Steph.
Dec 03, 2011 Steph. marked it as to-read
[personal note edition i have has isbn 13: 978098063415. paperback format]
Paul David
This is an absolutely recommendable book. The narration is clean and clear but full of subtextual, symbolic meaning. It digs into depth as you sail freely and easily along its course. One of those books that seems too short once you reach the end, leaving you wanting to stay with it just a bit longer, like any meaningful life… but that would have to be, for this work is an allegory of the meaningful life.
The story drifts languidly and nostalgicly, immersing us in a timeless world. It begins bri...more
Ashe
Lee Burgemeestre
Do you know that feeling? When something in a book speaks just to you? I’m sure you do. Well The Tree Singer by Danny Fahey spoke to me.
The Tree Singer is a fantasy book about a boy, Jacob, who finds his destiny is to create flutes, and to do so must sing the wood from the trees.
As soon as I began this, I was spirited away into another world entirely.
I found myself immediately in a village, with a complete community, with a history of generations and even an understanding of how the future mig...more
Vivian
A goodreads winner.

Clear your schedule. Everything else will come secondary once you pick up this book.

Received the book yesterday and have almost completed it. This is one of those novels that caused me to reminisce back to my childhood days and the first time I read Tolkien. Simply enjoying the journey every step of the way.

Twelve year old, Jacob, meets Simon for the first time in his village. There is something inexplicable about Simon that causes Jacob to be lured into his presence daily. Si...more
Megan
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I LOVED this book. It was a wonderful story with a great supernatural basis. There were a few things about the plot and the way it moved and the way time was spaced that bothered me, but for the most part, it was a great coming-of-age story!
Danny
Don't know how to wrap my thoughts around this one for a book review. Loved and hated it as it forced me to see and accept certain personal emotions long hidden/suppressed. Definitely a book to read again and one that I think can reveal new things and insights over time.
Mary Ann
I unfortunately, will not be writing a review for this book, as I can honestly say, I have absolutely no idea how I feel about this story.
Brandon Cerny
Feb 12, 2012 Brandon Cerny is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
**This book was given to me for free through Goodreads First Reads**
Dargual Anass
Dargual Anass marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Marios Antoniou
Marios Antoniou marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Stephani Horner
Stephani Horner marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Kuky Dsouza
Kuky Dsouza marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Susan Hamel
Susan Hamel marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Mandy Sugar
Mandy Sugar marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Vikki
Vikki marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Berry
Berry marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Andreea
Andreea marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
The Tree Singer 2 7 Dec 15, 2011 11:25PM
  • A Thirty-Something Girl
  • The Treasure Hunt Club
  • The Stolen Bride (Arthurian Mysteries, #4)
  • Shipbuilder (The Time Travel Journals, #1)
  • The Tempo (Elemental Symphony #1)
  • The Treeman (The Hanningdon Magic Series, #1)
  • Gay Gene Rising (The Disciples of Goedric Trilogy, #1)
  • Thief of Hope
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Redemption
  • Eirelan
  • The Unintended (The Watcher, #1)
  • Black Oil, Red Blood
  • No Remorse
  • Jean-Baptiste Cléry: Eyewitness to Louis XVI & Marie-Antoinette's Nightmare
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Let's Face It
  • The Other Alexander (The Bow of Heaven, #1)

2 children - Jack and Mary
1 dog - Nelson
teach Drama to International students at trinity College/Melbourne University.

Author 3 books
Catalina
The Woodcarver's Son

1 Novella
the Unrelenting, Unnerving Life of Pinocchio

several published poems
and hundreds of unpublished ones
More about Danny Fahey...
Catalina The Woodcarver's Son The Unrelenting, Unnerving Life of Pinocchio