Start by marking “The Tree Singer” as Want to Read:

Read eBook

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Jacob is trapped in a dying village. No hope, no friends, no future.

But when Simon the Healer appears everything begins to miraculously transform. The lake, the land and even the villagers themselves blossom into what they should have been all along: beautiful, strong, vital. All Jacob’s dreams seem to be within his reach.

Dreams, however, are powerful things and often de
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Tree Singer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tree Singer

Erin  Dove
Mar 19, 2012 Erin Dove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: giveaway-win, 5-stars
At first glance this book is pretty. The paper is thick and soft, pretty colours on the cover. Great visual appeal.

So far, the author has me hooked. I am about 35% of the way through the book and it looks like it's going to be a great storyline. The character development is fantastic. I feel as if I am part of the story watching their little fishing village go from grey and dreary to becoming vibrant and beautiful.

.......

HELP ME! I can't put it down!!! I am now 65% of the way through the book
Devlin Scott
Apr 23, 2012 Devlin Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of love and loss presented in a rather unique way. The story moves in a lyrical motion. Not in any hurry to end and yet always moving forward, forever patient to explain its motives. This story almost has a life of its own. I’d love to tell you what it’s about but I risk giving away key elements of its plot. This is not easily defined. A boy wrestles with the loss of his father and along the way struggles to understand the loss and discovery of his own self.

It is written with a n
Lily
Feb 27, 2012 Lily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One Word: STUNNING

(Now for a review with more words)

Recommended to me by a close friend that just read this, I was very excited based on her review and gushing of this book that I would be very surprised by it... and so I was.

A story reminiscent of books I have read by Paulo Coelho, a well known Brazilian author, for his insightful, metaphorical poetic stories of human nature.

This author deserves his due. He stands on his own. This was a story of loss and rebirth, hope and pain, love and betray
Michael
Oct 04, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
A very different and enjoyable fantasy. In reality, this book could be written in any genre, in any setting. It is not important where they are or what they do, but HOW they do it that makes this book enjoyable. The prose is like poetry, and serves to relax to soothe. Perfect for the end of day to wind down.

I read the Kindle edition but I note it's also available in paperback from the publisher's website at www.dragonfallpress.com
Gabriela
Mar 08, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW.. this was a very inspiring book. I really enjoyed reading it and feel really good about taking the time to absorb the story. The writer did a great job of keeping me as the reader captivated from beginning to end. The story was well written and at the end you could not ask for anything more.
Meg
Jun 04, 2012 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways-won
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I LOVED this book. It was a wonderful story with a great supernatural basis. There were a few things about the plot and the way it moved and the way time was spaced that bothered me, but for the most part, it was a great coming-of-age story!
Steph.
Dec 03, 2011 Steph. marked it as to-read
[personal note edition i have has isbn 13: 978098063415. paperback format]
Paul Adkin
Jul 04, 2012 Paul Adkin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an absolutely recommendable book. The narration is clean and clear but full of subtextual, symbolic meaning. It digs into depth as you sail freely and easily along its course. One of those books that seems too short once you reach the end, leaving you wanting to stay with it just a bit longer, like any meaningful life… but that would have to be, for this work is an allegory of the meaningful life.
The story drifts languidly and nostalgicly, immersing us in a timeless world. It begins bri
Ashe
Jun 05, 2012 Ashe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lee Burgemeestre
Do you know that feeling? When something in a book speaks just to you? I’m sure you do. Well The Tree Singer by Danny Fahey spoke to me.
The Tree Singer is a fantasy book about a boy, Jacob, who finds his destiny is to create flutes, and to do so must sing the wood from the trees.
As soon as I began this, I was spirited away into another world entirely.
I found myself immediately in a village, with a complete community, with a history of generations and even an understanding of how the future mig
Vivian
A goodreads winner.

Clear your schedule. Everything else will come secondary once you pick up this book.

Received the book yesterday and have almost completed it. This is one of those novels that caused me to reminisce back to my childhood days and the first time I read Tolkien. Simply enjoying the journey every step of the way.

Twelve year old, Jacob, meets Simon for the first time in his village. There is something inexplicable about Simon that causes Jacob to be lured into his presence daily. Si
Danny
Mar 02, 2015 Danny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't know how to wrap my thoughts around this one for a book review. Loved and hated it as it forced me to see and accept certain personal emotions long hidden/suppressed. Definitely a book to read again and one that I think can reveal new things and insights over time.
Mary Ann
I unfortunately, will not be writing a review for this book, as I can honestly say, I have absolutely no idea how I feel about this story.
Brandon Cerny
Feb 12, 2012 Brandon Cerny is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
**This book was given to me for free through Goodreads First Reads**
Anaisa Perez
Anaisa Perez marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Gretchen Belknap
Gretchen Belknap marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Jeremy Maddux
Jeremy Maddux marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Snoopy Loop
Snoopy Loop marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Shawna Stephens
Shawna Stephens marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Joy Buehler
Joy Buehler marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Bianca
Bianca added it
Jan 16, 2016
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Aina
Aina marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Ellen Valvasori
Ellen Valvasori rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Danny
Danny rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
The Tree Singer 2 7 Dec 15, 2011 11:25PM
  • The Sausage Maker's Daughters
  • The Atheist's Daughter
  • Oregon Hill (Willie Black #1)
  • Resistance (Rising, #1)
  • Gay Gene Rising (The Disciples of Goedric Trilogy, #1)
  • The Treasure Hunt Club
  • The Treeman (The Hanningdon Magic Series, #1)
  • Strindberg's Star
  • Song In The Wrong Key
  • Jigsaw Soul
  • The Moonstone (Wolfmoon, #1)
  • Clean Break: A Novel
  • Only with the Heart
  • The Seventh Wave
  • The Paris Directive
  • Perigee Moon
  • The Gaia Wars (Gaia Wars, #1)
  • Blood Ocean (The Afterblight Chronicles, #11)

2 children - Jack and Mary
1 dog - Nelson
teach Drama to International students at trinity College/Melbourne University.

Author 3 books
Catalina
The Woodcarver's Son

1 Novella
the Unrelenting, Unnerving Life of Pinocchio

several published poems
and hundreds of unpublished ones
More about Danny Fahey...