Start by marking “Reader's Digest Select Editions, Volume 316, 2011 #4: Never Look Away / Promise Me / Lipstick in Afghanistan / I Still Dream About You” as Want to Read:

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published 2011 by Reader's Digest

Be the first to ask a question about Reader's Digest Select Editions, Volume 316, 2011 #4

Emma Kalmbach
Nov 27, 2011 Emma Kalmbach rated it liked it
I read two of these books: Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans and Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately.

Promise Me was a time travel love story set. I enjoyed reading it as it was a sweet and feel-good story.

Lipstick in Afghanistan was a story about a lonely young nurse wanting to make a difference in the world who chose to volunteer in a remote village in Afghanistan. It was a good plot and very interesting to read about the reality in a war torn country. The author is also a nurse and has vo
Kathy
Nov 29, 2011 Kathy added it
Shelves: truckee-library
All four of these stories were good.
Never Look Away - a very different concept for a thriller. It kept me wondering what was happening through the whole book.
Promise Me - a typical Richard Paul Evans story. A nice holiday feel-good read with a time travel element.
Lipstick in Afghanistan - very interesting insight into life in a war torn country. The author was a nurse and brought a lot of authenticity to the story.
I Still Dream About You - This is a typical Fannie Flagg story. A light soft litt
Kathy
May 27, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Just finished Never Look Away. It was a good thriller with several twists and turns. I'd give it a 4star review. Promise Me was great. I love Richard Paul Evans. I'd give it a 4star review. Just finished Lipstick in Afghanistan. Loved it. Learned a lot about customs there and the hardships they face. 4 1/2 stars. I Still Dream About You I enjoyed a lot. Fannie Flagg has a great writing style and I like all her books. 4 stars
Sandy
Jan 16, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay - 4stars - It was a pretty good mystery
Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans - 3 - It was ok.
Lipstick in Afganistan - Didn't read, too depressing
I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flag - 3 - It was ok, I am usually a huge fan of her books, this one not so much.
Sheridan
Jan 30, 2013 Sheridan rated it really liked it
I love reader digest select editions. I remember reading these at my nana's.
I enjoyed every story in this one. I just finished never look away. A nice mystery.
Dria
Jan 26, 2013 Dria added it
very touching heroic and sad , pain , sorrow, patients despair. joy, admirable and more.
Jeanne
Jul 29, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Good beach read!
jerry lebsch
jerry lebsch marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Bambi Walker Johnson
Bambi Walker Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
thcv29
thcv29 marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Madde
Madde rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Amber Hennessey
Amber Hennessey marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
AH
AH marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Paula Thompson
Paula Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Christen Minter
Christen Minter marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Dawn Prinz
Dawn Prinz marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Victoria Best
Victoria Best rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
Cindy Hipolito
Cindy Hipolito marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Deborah Jo
Deborah Jo rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
03jillianm
03jillianm marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jackie Stevens
Jackie Stevens rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but
More about Reader's Digest Association...