Start by marking “Fill These Empty Arms” as Want to Read:
Fill These Empty Arms

Fill These Empty Arms

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
From multi-published Christian author Janice Hanna Thompson comes a women's fiction novel with great depth of character and dealing with sensitive topics for women. Fill These Empty Arms is a penetrating look into the lives of five women with empty hearts and empty arms. Though their stories are vastly different, their lives begin to intersect, and they are forever changed ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published August 20th 2011 by Janice Hanna Thompson (first published August 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fill These Empty Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fill These Empty Arms

Janice Thompson
Mar 08, 2012 Janice Thompson rated it it was amazing
Friends, this is Janice Hanna Thompson, author of Fill These Empty Arms. I didn't set out to write such a heart-wrenching story, but as the various women in the story presented themselves to me, I had no choice. I know this book is very different from my usual light-hearted style, but I hope readers will give it a try. If you're struggling with empty arms, this is definitely the book for you.
Russ
Nov 20, 2014 Russ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very touching

As I read your book , I could feel the pain that some of these people are going through. Very real, very touching and heartfelt.
Deborah Neil
Apr 13, 2012 Deborah Neil rated it really liked it
Fill These Empty Arms by Janice Thompson was a very interesting but sad book. I guess I didn't really know what it was about until I got started reading it. It is very well written. It tells the story of 5 different women but it is probably just me but I kept getting confused on who was who and what their problem is. Personally, I don't think I can review this fairly because of all the stressful and depressing things that are happening in my personal life. Normally, that isn't a problem, but the ...more
Gophergirl58
Jan 22, 2015 Gophergirl58 rated it it was amazing
More fantastic writing by Janice Thompson. I wish I had read it while I wasn't going through some stress (not anything regarding the theme of this story, however), but it was still very well written, showing so many different aspects of becoming a mother. Ms. Thompson, you're a great writer of this type of fiction! We all know your wonderful comedic side, but your serious side is my favorite although I need the lighter side occasionally, too. (Smile)
Ane Mulligan
May 01, 2012 Ane Mulligan rated it it was amazing
From multi-published Christian author Janice Hanna Thompson comes an inspirational novel with great depth of character and dealing with sensitive topics for women. Fill These Empty Arms is a penetrating look into the lives of five women with empty hearts and empty arms. Though their stories are vastly different, their lives begin to intersect, and they are forever changed. Arms, once empty, are filled. Hearts, once broken, are mended. And hope, once lost, is restored.

What a powerful book! I did
Linda
Aug 17, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Enjoyed this book. Kept thinking of my friend's daughter who went through the same thing as Grace for many years. In her case, after giving up all the medical ways to get pregnant, she wound up pregnant and not knowing until she was five months along!! Their son will soon be four years old!!
SaraJane
Jan 09, 2013 SaraJane rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Location 19:
"May all of those empty arms be filled with the love that only the Father can bring, and may healing begin with the reading of these words."

Location 269:
"....pain, tough consistent and unrelenting, still took second place to hope. Hope would never fade."
Jen
May 02, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
A new to me author. Wow, keep the tissues handy. This book deals with multiple story lines regarding fertility issues, miscarriage, unexpected pregnancy, adoption, and abortion. In the end all the storylines converge.
Mar 21, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Have tissues handy. This book gives powerful, emotional insight into teenage pregnancy, abortion, adoption, and infertility, and all of the ways these affect a woman and her family.
Heather
Mar 16, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
was not what I thought but a good read. had to keep up with the characters and all the jumping around but once I adjusted to that I enjoyed the book.
Hulda Rós
Hulda Rós rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Mary Lou McKinney
Mary Lou McKinney marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Delores Liesner
Delores Liesner rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
genierose
genierose marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Ria
Ria rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Heidi Merriman
Heidi Merriman marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Randy
Randy rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Kimberly  Hill
Kimberly Hill rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Margaret Hooper
Margaret Hooper marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jennifer Farrell
Jennifer Farrell rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016