Start by marking “Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring The Flash” as Want to Read:
Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring The Flash

Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring The Flash

Don't miss this Flash volume collecting GRODD OF WAR #1, KID FLASH LOST #1-3, LEGION OF DOOM #1-3, REVERSE FLASH #1 and CITIZEN COLD #1-3. Not a dream, not an imaginary story, not an elseworld. This is Flash Fact: When Barry Allen wakes at his desk, he d
Published March 27th 2012 by DC Comics (first published March 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flashpoint, please sign up.

Cyrielle BloodyCy It's part of it. It completes the core 5 issues that tell the main story and expands what we know about the world as it is during Flashpoint.
There are…more
There are also "World of Flashpoint featuring -" Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Superman.(less)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I will confess I watched "The Flashpoint Paradox" Justice League movie prior to reading this, and let me tell you, I was blown away at how dark this story arc is. This is like "What If?" on steroids.

The movie goes into some explanations I won't get into, and I tried to forget I knew that, because I haven't read The Flash, Vol. 2: The Road to Flashpoint yet, which I think is probably the backstory. All I know is, I don't want this life for any of the DC characters I know and love. One of the inte
Jesse A
Mar 30, 2016 Jesse A rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was fine. Not great but decent. These Flashpoint tie-ins are getting tiresome.
John Yelverton
Mar 06, 2012 John Yelverton rated it liked it
One of my least favorite of the Flashpoint books that came out.
Sam Quixote
May 11, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it it was ok
I think I'm starting to see the pattern in these "Flashpoint" books - DC are marrying up their big hitters with their small fry to round out these books. The "Flashpoint: Batman" book had little to do with Batman while "Flashpoint: The Flash" has very little to do with the Flash.

I read this expecting a book about the Flash, a superhero I've never read before, but ended up reading about someone called the "Reverse Flash" (which sounds vaguely sexual), a laughable "villain" called "Citizen Cold" w
Kyle
Feb 02, 2013 Kyle rated it it was ok
Shelves: dcu
Oh boy. Was this EVER terrible.

*There will be spoilers in this review*

I'm giving this a two star rating because the Citizen Cold Story was okay (1 star) and the Kid Flash story was okay (another star). But everything in between these two stories is Buh-Rue-Tall!!! Brutal!

This collection starts off with a recap of what The Reverse Flash contributed to getting the DCU into this Flashpoint mess. You see, he's the one that killed Barry Allen's mother all those years ago, setting up the domino effec
Amélie
Jul 21, 2016 Amélie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amélie by: Cyrielle BloodyCy
And that's it for Flashpoint! Overall I'm really happy I read all of it, obviously I enjoyed some stories more than others but it was a great way to learn more about the DC world AND get me excited about season 3 of The Flash (even more than I already was, that is). And I did discover some pretty awesome characters!

As for this specific volume...

Grodd of War: Not the most memorable issue ever, I've actually already forgotten most of it. I do find Grodd a more interesting character than I thought,
Michelle Cristiani
Aug 26, 2014 Michelle Cristiani rated it did not like it
I found this very violent, and very disjointed. Granted, I am always slow to understand time travel stories, but something about it seemed forced to me. As Flashpoint revolves completely around the Flash, I expected the volume to be stronger. It fell flat somehow.
Nitasha
Apr 22, 2012 Nitasha rated it it was ok
Truthfully I only enjoyed Bart's section. The others weren't really that interesting for me.
Daniel Butcher
Jun 01, 2012 Daniel Butcher rated it it was ok
The blandest and least interesting parts of Flashpoint!
Chris Lemmerman
Opening this volume is the Reverse Flash one-shot, and it’s really quite odd. Written from the point of view of Eobard Thawne, the Reverse Flash, it tells a pseudo-origin of the character and how he came to be, then tries to talk about how he changed Barry Allen’s life for the worse. However, if you’ve not been reading the earlier Flash series, then this probably won’t make any sense to you anyway. I can see people picking this up after seeing Reverse Flash in the main Flashpoint series, but I ...more
Timothy Sussman
Nov 07, 2016 Timothy Sussman rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!
Jacqueline O.
Jun 24, 2016 Jacqueline O. rated it really liked it
The World of Flashpoint is a series of graphic novels that flush out Flashpoint giving the reader more details and greater depth to the alternate universe characters that we briefly met in Flashpoint after Barry Allen changes time to save his mother and creates a disastrous and apocalyptic world. This novel contains four stories. I liked two of the four, so it's hard to even rate the book - the two good stories that of "Citizen Cold" and that of Kid Flash - Bart Allen I'd rate at 4. But the Gori ...more
Brandt
Mar 31, 2016 Brandt rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
As I've stated in other reviews these "crossover event" titles tend to be superfluous to the action of the main title where the action is taking place. And where Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint featuring Batman gets it right, it's more of a swing and a miss here. The Reverse Flash story doesn't really show us anything new, and "Citizen Cold" presents an unlikable hero whose motivations we really don't understand. The Heatwave story arc is okay (although I loved the take on Plastic Man) and " ...more
Anthony
Jan 01, 2015 Anthony rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable. This is what comic book writing can achieve when writers can take any risk. Flashpoint allowed DC's best writers to create a twisted version of their world: a world without the Flash, a world without Superman, a world where Batman is a crazed killer bent on revenge, where Wonder Woman and Aquaman are totalitarian monarchs. And anyone can die. For reals.

I will admit, that this book made me tear up twice. The writing for Batman was superb. I read the whole thing all together. The mai
Michael
Jun 21, 2012 Michael rated it liked it
This would be the only one of the Featuring Flashpoint books I have read. It was okay, and I enjoyed the different scenarios. However other than the Reverse Flash segment and the Bart Allen segment, the other stories felt bland and out of place. If you're a Flash fan check it out, if not just pass on it. I'd save the 20 bucks and buy the actual Flashpoint graphic instead of these Featuring series.
Steve
Nov 27, 2012 Steve rated it liked it
We get a nice one-shot about the origin of Professor Zoom.

Then a solid look at Flash's rogues when Citizen Cold is now a hero instead of a villain and takes on Flash's colourful rogues gallery.

And eventually, we get a lame Kid Flash story.

Not much to review. So much filler for such a good main story, much like most of the Blackest Night side collections.
Feather Mista
Leído de la edición argentina en dos revistas (que si no me equivoco, equivale a este tomo español). Lo que sí no sé es por qué hay tanta diferencia de páginas con la edición en inglés. Por ahora, el rating va sólo para los capítulos que incluye esta:
Citizen Cold #1-3 (**/), Grodd (*/), Reverse Flash (**) y Kid Flash #1-3 (**/).
¡Me falta Legion of Doom!
Tirzah
Jun 08, 2016 Tirzah rated it liked it
I read this in preparation for The Flash season 3. I came in with little comic book reading experience, and no back story baggage, but since I'm familiar now with a lot of the people and villains that circle The Flash it was more accessible. Fun little diversion.
Gavin
Apr 10, 2013 Gavin rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Funny enough, the Flashpoint Event is all about Flash, and yet, this is non-essential to the storyline. There's some decent stuff, mostly the first story about Prof. Zoom, and some of the Kid Flash stuff but otherwise, not really my thing.
Maureen
Oct 23, 2015 Maureen rated it did not like it
This is the wort of The World of Flashpoint collections. Aside from the Kid Flash story, I don't feel I was given any reason to care about what was going on. Eventually I was so bored that I stopped reading and just skimmed for main events.
Sean Brage
Oct 01, 2015 Sean Brage rated it really liked it
Woof. Now this is a book. Where to start? The sad nihilism and brutality of Grodd? The horrific neutrality/amorality of Plastic Man? Or the Rogues finally getting a great solo story? The Kid Flash conclusion is among the finest comics I've yet read.
Jen
Feb 03, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok
The first story was great... everything else bombed for me. Not interesting, SUPER gory compared to the other Flashpoints I have read (even Batman - which was pretty dark). It really only deserves one star but I'm feeling generous.
Jaq
May 10, 2015 Jaq rated it liked it
I've not sold on this collection. Yes there were some interesting background stories to the world of flashpoint, but it failed to deliver on the presence of the Flash.

Altogether the most disappointing entry to the Flashpoint Universe.
PJ Ebbrell
Jun 05, 2012 PJ Ebbrell rated it did not like it
I was shocked by this title, a gritty and dark tale with strong violence. What has become of the Flash. The phase of dark superheroes should have gone a long time ago, but this didn't work for me. Very disappointing. Wonder Woman vs. Aquaman has been the highpoint so far of this series.
Angela
Mar 21, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
This covers characters in the Flash universe. The most interesting one was Captain Cold becoming a hero because Flash isn't there.
Dan
Sep 13, 2014 Dan rated it liked it
The other volumes are so much better than this world without a Flash volume. This was dry and boring.
Kurtis
Aug 15, 2013 Kurtis rated it it was amazing
This is probably my favorite Flash collection of comics! Flashpoint was fucking sick! The movie was even more raw :P
Austin Pisarsky
Jan 13, 2016 Austin Pisarsky rated it it was amazing
I give this book a 9/10. in my minde the only thing that could have made this book better was if we would have gotton to see old jay get his speedster on.
Juha
Juha rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Kwadwo Gray
Kwadwo Gray rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
  • Deathstroke, Vol. 1: Legacy
  • Bruce Wayne: The Road Home
  • Trinity, Vol. 2
  • Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 1
Scott Kolins is an American illustrator, writer and creator for multiple different superhero and science fiction comic books. His main credits are as a penciler but he is an established inker as well as colorist and has some credits as a writer.
More about Scott Kolins...