Start by marking “Stories of the Heart” as Want to Read:
Stories of the Heart

Stories of the Heart

Even as you read these words, there are women just like you stepping up and making a difference in their communities, making our world a better place to live. Three such exceptional women have been selected as recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award. To celebrate their accomplishments, three bestselling authors have written short stories inspired by these real-life ...more
Published February 28th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stories of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories of the Heart

Deborah Darsie
Mar 08, 2013 Deborah Darsie rated it liked it
I enjoyed the preface by each author, giving us a glimpse of the cause or movement which inspired the story and a few details about the people behind it.

I preferred the first story (What Amanda Wants) - probably because the story fit so nicely in the Blossom Street world of Macomber's making. A visit with some old friends and little glimpses on a couple new ones? Teens and cancer - not a lightweight topic but well handled.

I had a little harder time appreciating Lexi in 'Worth the Risk' - I think
Cheryl
Jul 16, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read What Amanda Wants" at this time because I'm reading the Blossom Street series. This story goes with the series.
Marianne
Sep 24, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it
More Than Words: Stories of the Heart is an omnibus of three short stories dedicated to supporting causes of concern to women: What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber, Small Packages by Brenda Novak and Worth The Risk by Meryl Sawyer. What Amanda Wants promotes Melissa’s Living Legacy Teen Cancer Foundation in a touching story about a young woman who suffers a recurrence of her childhood cancer. Macomber fans will be delighted to know that some characters from the Blossom Street series play an impo ...more
April Suter
May 26, 2012 April Suter rated it liked it
Three short stores about people who are trying to make a difference.
What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber is a peak into A Good Yarn and Lydia has a connection to a teenager whose cancer has returned. (sounds familiar?)
Small Packages is a cute 'what if' story. What if you are raised by just your mom because the other parent chooses not to be a part of your life...and you find out now you will be a parent...and what if you are left with a child to raise...what choices to make?
Worth the Risk--Lexi
Michelle
Jul 27, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
This book contains 3 novellas: What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber, Small Packages by Brenda Novak and Worth the Risk by Meryl Sawyer. What Amanda Wants is an uplifting story about a very difficult situation; Ms Macomber did a great job at writing an uplifting story and everything is resolved well. Small Packages has a little bit of the "uh-oh I have to get this resolved because I'm almost at my page limit" so the story suffers a little. Worth the Risk just seemed to end. I didn't feel like the ...more
Mary
Jul 23, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
Debbie Macomber touches the heart in What Amanda Wants--a young woman's story of strength and courage in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Brenda Novak's Small Packages shows us how the love of a very special baby boy helps two people get past their pain and embrace a hopeful future...together.

Meryl Sawyer explores the importance of creating balance in our lives, stopping to smell the roses and making time to chase our dreams in Worth the Risk.
Pamela
Mar 17, 2012 Pamela rated it it was ok
This books contains three novellas. The idea behind the book is a fun raiser for three different real life organizations. Sales of the book go to help these organizations. So the idea is wonderful. The stories are surprising lacking. Especially Debbie Macomber's. I have read everyone of Debbie's books but this one is definitely the worse. If you are looking to support the causes the book and stories emphasize it is fine if you are looking for a good read-don't bother.
Ivy
Apr 28, 2012 Ivy rated it it was ok
I hate these books that are just a bunch of novellas. Any of the three stories could really have been improved by giving the author more that 100 pages of double spaced type. I never expect great literature from this type of book, but this one seemed particularly brainless. I like that each story dealt with a service organization and that some of the profits from the book will go to these organizations.
Patricia Solla
Nov 19, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
What terrific heart warming stories. There are three stories from three different authors. First we get a real life description of a person and a charity they have established or are involved with working for a charity that the author has chosen to write about. Then we get a story based on something that relates to the charity. These were truely stories of the heart. I know there are other More Than Words Stores of ... I plan I finding and reading them too.
Christy
Jan 20, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Three novellas by three authors—each selecting an organization to highlight. Loved the idea of weaving a story line around organizations making a difference.

Stories of the heart is a heartwarming, quick read.

My personal favorite? Small Packages by Brenda Novak. 5 Stars for a great story and for making me cry!
Dawn ♥ romance
May 09, 2015 Dawn ♥ romance rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these three heart warming short stories. I liked Macomber's story about teenagers with cancer but it didn't have any romance. My favorite was Novak's story about memory boxes for parents of a stillborn. Sawyer's story about importance of healthy eating was interesting and informative. Overall a very good book.
Tara
Mar 11, 2012 Tara rated it it was amazing
3 stores that really touched the heart - 1 about a cancer survivor, 1 about a lady who lost a baby and a husband but gained another baby and husband, the last one about a sister who wanted more for her sister and they both found more.
Gloria
Apr 06, 2012 Gloria rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book which is really 3 short novellas. Each is designed to pay tribute to real women who have made a difference in their communities. The Macomber story follows Amanda and Annie from the Blossom Street Series. The characters from theother 2 stories were new to me.
Robin Willis
Sep 23, 2015 Robin Willis rated it liked it
This is a book of three not so short stories. The first and last are three stars but the middle one was worth four. I only read this for my book challenge but I did enjoy it.
Alice
May 02, 2012 Alice rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading the Macomber one because it tied in with her Cedar Cove series. Enjoyed the other two stories and the organizations they've founded and promote.
Dawn
Aug 12, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
a real feel good book. the stories are truly wonderful. love the connection of the Debbie Macomber story to the "A good yarn" series.
Judith Billie
Judith Billie rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Karharry
Karharry rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2012
Debby
Debby rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Isabelle Nadon
Isabelle Nadon rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Notserp2002
Notserp2002 rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Claudia (CJ)
A good story by all, hard to read sometimes, but really worth it!
Donna Comstock
Donna Comstock rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Amelia-Irene
Amelia-Irene rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
James K Mehan
James K Mehan rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Sa Pi
Sa Pi rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Patricia Berry
Mar 23, 2015 Patricia Berry rated it liked it
The 3 stories were interesting. Enjoyed them
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Summons From Yorkshire
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • A Summons From the Duke
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Santa Baby
  • Hometown Cinderella \ The Inn at Hope Springs
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • More Than Words, Volume 6 (Virgin River, #10.1)
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • When You Wish
  • Deep in the Heat of Texas
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • The Marriage Wish / God's Gift
  • Delivered by Christmas: Bluebird Winter/The Gift of Joy/A Christmas to Treasure
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...