Saf ve Düşünceli Romancı

Saf ve Düşünceli Romancı

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Pamuk, yazı yazmanın ve romancılığın otuz beş yıllık meslek sırlarını, Harvard Üniversitesi'nde verdiği Norton derselerinde açıklıyor. Daha önce T.S. Eliot, Borges, Calvino ve Umberto Eco gibi yazaların da verdiği bu derslerde, Pamuk edebiyat ve sanat anlayışını bir bütün olarak sunuyor.

Bir romanı okurken kafamızda ne gibi işlemler yaparız? Roman kahramanlarıyla gerçek ins...more
Published 2011 by İletişim Yayınları (first published January 1st 2009)

مروان البلوشي
يبدأ أورهان باموك في أول فصول هذا الكتاب بواحدة من عباراته التي تحفر عميقاً في عقل القارئ والتي يفتتح بها رواياته في العادة، عندما يقول "الروايات هي حيوات ثانية نعيشها". يضم الكتاب ستة محاضرات ألقاها الروائي التركي الفائز بجائزة نوبل في جامعة هارفارد الأمريكية العريقة حول مواضيع مختلفة تتصل بتجربة باموك وحياته كروائي (التي بدأت منذ 1972) وخبرته كقارئ عميق لفن الرواية. جذبتني عناوين هذه المحاضرات فور شرائي للكتاب:
• ماذا يحدث في عقولنا عندما نقرأ الروايات؟
• باموك بيك، هل وقعت أحداث الرواية لك فعلا...more
Tanuj Solanki
The good lectures and the average book

Schiller's schism of poets - the naive, who jejunely write on impulse; and the sentimental, who write conscious of the act of writing and the artifices it demands - begets this book, which, throughout its length, deftly eschews the postures of a comprehensive treatise on literature; hiding, a bit too smugly it must be said, in its conceptualization as the Charles Eliot Norton Lectures. As for the lectures, one can almost imagine them infusing in the particip...more
Gregory Mone
A wonderful book for a writer or a lover of literature. Pamuk makes some really enlightening points about narration and the fundamental role of the novel. I wish the book had somehow captured the feeling of the original lectures, though. Particularly the Q&A sessions at the end of each one. I was lucky enough to attend five out of the six lectures at Harvard, and it was interesting to see how Pamuk responded to the questions. At one point a student admitted that she skipped the descriptions...more
Srinivas
Novels are second lives. Like the dreams that the French poet Gerard de Nerval speaks of, novels reveal the colors and complexities of our lives and are full of people, faces, and objects we feel we recognize.
Janet
Haven't read him before, but the clarity and subtlety and thoughfulness about the phenomenon of reading (and writing) novels is striking--the careful teasing apart of all the things the mind does when immersed in a novel. What we're looking for when we enter a novel, that what sets a novel apart from other literary and narrative forms is that it sets the reader looking for the center of the book, the heart of it, which will reveal something about the nature of life--I know this short book will I...more
Orhan Pamuk continues to be among my favorite writers. With this book on novel-writing, he distinguishes the naive novelist (everything is imaginary) from the sentimental novelist (everything is a reflection of the novelist's real life) and explains why the very best writers must balance between the two mindsets when writing fiction.

What is at the heart of the very best novels? It is the ambiguity between what is "real" and what is imagined by the writer. It is at the center of this ambiguity th...more
Moureco
Este livro é a organização para publicação das Conferências Norton que Pamuk proferiu na universidade de Harvard. Um livro em 6 capítulos sobre a arte do Romance. Para quem escreve, quem aspira a escrever, e para todos os que desfrutam do prazer da leitura, um livro definitivamente a ler.
Stephen
I distrust classifications that limit people to types, especially only two types, but what Pamuk does here, using Schiller's distinction between naive poets (those who compose without regard to theoretical of formal concerns) and sentimental/reflective (those who are preoccupied with the artifice of artistic creation) works well enough as a general and flexible rule as to seem comprehensive. Especially interesting in Pamuk's lectures is the importance he places on the visual: a number of times h...more
در میان متن‌ها

رمان‌نویس ساده‌نگر و رمان‌نویس اندیشمند / اورحان پاموک
موضوع در شناسنامه‌ی کتاب: پاموک، اورحان، 1952م / نویسندگان ترک – قرن 20م – سرگذشت‌نامه / داستان – تاریخ و نقد / داستان‌نویسی / ادبیات ترکی
مشخصات نشر: تهران: نیلوفر، چاپ اول، 1392ش

ظاهراً این دومین کتاب از سلسله‌گفتارهای «چارلز الیوت نورتن» است که در ایران منتشر می‌شود. گفتار دیگر متعلق به «ایتالو کالوینو» و تحت عنوان «شش یادداشت برای هزاره‌ی بعدی» بود.
[...]

فهرست
یادداشت 9
پیش‌گفتار مترجم 13
هنگام مطالعه‌ی رمان در ذهن ما چه اتفاقاتی می‌افتد؟ 17
آ...more
Raffi
Orhan Pamuk writes about the behind-the-scenes of novel writing and how the novel has evolved, as well as his style of writing. He divides a novelist between being a naive one or a sentimental one, adding that the perfect novelist is one who combine both.

This is my first encounter of Pamuk and I can say that I was positively surprised to some of the behind-the-scenes facts that he reveals (he even mentions that he's revealing 'secrets' that perhaps other novelists wouldn't want him to :).
Susan Merrell
His writing is as beautiful as always here, but I found myself bothered by how theoretical the discussion was. I was expecting something more akin to Calvino's Norton lectures, a book that would both uplift my thinking and guide my writing. Here I was moved by Pamuk's prose--I think he is among the best working writers of our time--but I did not close the book aching to try his way of working. I was equally disappointed and engaged at the same time.
Paul Bridgwater
The best book on writing and reading novels that I have read since Forster's Aspects of the Novel - and it is more personal than Forster. The whole series of lectures builds on a distinction by Schiller between reading (and writing) naively - i.e. getting lost in a good book, and reading sentimentally, i.e. being aware of what triggers the emotional response and identification with the main characters. If you love novels, read this book!
Farhan Khalid
What our minds do when we read novels?

Novels are second lives

Novels reveal the colors and complexities of our lives and are full of people, faces and objects we feel we recognize

We feel that fictional world we encounter and enjoy is more real than the real world itself

The art of novel relies on our ability to believe simultaneously in contradictory states

We read sometimes logically, sometimes with our eyes and sometimes with our imagination

The real pleasure of reading a novel starts with the abi...more
Alireza
کتاب بسیار مفید و خوبی است. به صحیح کلمه، خوب. صحبت از تجربیات شخصی نویسنده، اورحان پاموک، است در باب رمان نویسی. شامل شش بخش است که قبلاً در دانشگاه هاروارد تدریس و سپس در شکل کتابی کم حجم، روان و مفید منتشرش کرده.
Deniz Irfan
Arkadaşımın hediyesiydi... İçinde de bir not;'Bir gün Nobel'e aday olman dileğiyle'...
Eskiden yazılmış bir makaleye atıfta bulunarak başlıyor; saf ve düşünceli yazarlar üzerine. Okurken, kendime usulca sorduğumu hatırlıyorum. Ben hangisiyim acaba?
Last Melancholic
" ჩვენ ვცხოვრობთ, რათა ოცნებით სინამდვილე შევცვალოთ..."

ფამუქის ესსე იმის შესახებ, რა არის რომანი, როგორ იქმნება იგი და რა პროცესებს გაივლის ჩვენი გონება მისი კითხვისას.
ერთი შეხედვით ბანალურია,მაგრამ საკმაოდ საინტერესო... როგორ აქცევს მკითხველი სიტყვებს ვიზუალურ ხატებად, რა კავშირი აქვს პირად გამოცდილებას რომანის "ფარული ცენტრის" გაგებასთან. მწერალის აზრით რომანი გვეხმარება იმაში, რომ "რეალობას" კი არ გავექცეთ, არამედ მის ყოველდღიურობაშიც დავინახოთ მცირეოდენი პოეტურობა.
მე ალბათ, საკუთარ თავს...more
Alia Salleh
His non-fiction mesmerizes, like his fiction. Clear arguments presented on a topic evidently dear to him. Read for those "omg so true" moments as he explains what we feel anyway when reading novels.
Serdar
It is a naive attempt of Mr. Pamuk to describe a sentimental novelist. But, I believe he underestimates the readers' ability to grasp meanings, notions and phenomena in literature.
Asma Fedosia
Having read several books written by the contemporary Turkish author Orhan Pamuk, with still several more to read, this nonfiction book of delivered lectures about the reading and writing of novels gives some background to those books. In these talks, Pamuk credits Schiller's similarly titled essay On Naive and Sentimental Poetry. There's also Pamuk's extensive novel-reading of the great classics as well as his academic reading about the novel as a genre; all are important no less than his decad...more
Mmars
What happens when one reads fiction? To be more precise, when one reads novels, literary novels. This is a set of lectures Pamuk gave at Harvard in 2009 as part of the Charles Eliot Norton series. For me the lectures raised more questions than gave answers. Or, more precisely, may give me more to think about as I read. Is that possible? This would be a required great book club reading. Especially if you'd like to add depth to discussions.

Since I lean toward the side of weighing literary merit wh...more
Myriam

Wat gebeurt er met ons / wat doet onze geest als we een roman lezen? En waarin verschilt dat van wat b.v. een schilderij met ons doet (Pahmuk wou aanvankelijk schilder worden)? In 'De naïeve en de sentimentele romanschrijver' geeft Pahmuk zijn heel eigen persoonlijke kijk op de verschillende aspecten van de roman (tijd, ruimte, personages) en op de zin van het lezen - en het schrijven, want tussen lezer en schrijver is er meer dan een overeenkomst. Het boek bestaat uit zes lezingen die Pahmuk in...more
Vijeta
The first book I've finished this year is The Naive and the Sentimental Novelist by Orhan Pamuk. It is a collection of six Norton Lectures delivered by Pamuk at Harvard. The basis of the lectures is an essay by Schiller on Naive and Sentimental Poetry which is extended by Pamuk to the realm of novels. A naive writer, he says, is one who writes spontaneously, trusts immensely, has full confidence in his view of the world, in how he perceives it. A sentimental novelist, on the other hand, is self...more
Irwan
Read this in one go. A very personal account on the art of the novel as a writer as well as a reader. An elaboration of the concept of visual writer, one that I knew he often talked about. I learn a new concept about "the center".

As a successful writer he is put in a position to formulate what he is doing, in a sort of academic way. I understand if some trained literary critics are not really comfortable with that, probably due to lack of formal training. But as a reader, I enjoy this lecture l...more
Sean
This series of lectures given by the Nobel-Prize winning author is essential reading for anyone interested in how we read and write novels from one of the masters of the genre. He shows how novels developed into the primary method of expression in modern society and the difficulties of writing novels in a non-Western country with a still-developing tradition.

The central premise of his examination is that authors and readers each balance two contradictory stances between naive and sentimental im...more
Ploi Pirapokin
This book was written by a writer for writers and bibliophiles. Clearly, Mr. Pamuk loves good narratives. Loves good stories. And tries to understand what makes a great story as opposed to what constitutes a "good" story.

One of the things I learnt from this is his idea of our search for the center of a novel - being one of the reasons we read, and one of the reasons good novels should be re-read.

His ideas of what makes a good novelist are no different to the theories discussed in narratology ab...more
Beena
Wonderfully written clear exposition of what constitutes great literature. He writes so clearly about both reading and writing novels. I have never before read such a clear description of the process (act) of novel reading and writing. For me, his explanation of both the emotional and intellectual aspects of reading novels made completely sense. I recommend it for anyone who likes to read good literature.
Diego Castañeda
Pamuk explora el arte de la novela en el siglo XX y algunos de sus grandes exponentes como Cortazar, Borges, Faulkner, Joyce etc,desde sus orígenes con los grandes novelistas del siglo XIX como Tolstoy y Dostoesvky y el viaje tanto del lector como del novelista en búsqueda del "centro" en la novela.

Los grandes novelistas mezclan con exito la realidad y la fantasía, haciendo que el lector se sumerja en la historia desde los ojos de los protagonistas. La novela es como la pintura según Pamuk, en...more
Debbie Bateman
What a delight. Because I was sick with a flu, I was able to read this book in a single sitting. It reminded me of the wonder of novels. If you're curious about why we read and write in this format, I think you'll enjoy this book. For years, I've been annoyed by people who constantly ask whether fiction is autobiographical. Since reading Omar Pamuk's book, I've come to realize that such questions are an essential part of the imaginative process of reading a novel and in fact a compliment to the...more
Zachary Karabashliev
A must for everyone who is tempted by the lonely business of writing:)
Isla McKetta
Orhan Pamuk always does it for me. In this beautiful series of lectures, he reminded me of the reasons I love to read and how those can help me be a better writer. For more writing advice and a juxtaposition with Steve Almond's This Won't Take But a Minute, Honey, read the full book review on my blog.
  • A Reading Diary: A Passionate Reader's Reflections on a Year of Books
  • Due Considerations: Essays and Criticism
  • Letters to a Young Novelist
  • The Curtain: An Essay in Seven Parts
  • The Uses of Literature
  • The Anatomy of Bibliomania
  • Vintage Reading: From Plato to Bradbury, a Personal Tour of Some of the World's Best Books
  • Bound to Please: An Extraordinary One-Volume Literary Education
  • On Literature
  • My Poets
  • Veciz Sözler
  • Phantoms on the Bookshelves
Ferit Orhan Pamuk is a Nobel Prize-winning Turkish novelist. Pamuk is often regarded as a post-modern writer. As one of Turkey's most prominent novelists, his work has been translated into more than forty languages. He is the recipient of numerous national and international literary awards. He was the first Turkish person awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature on October 12, 2006, commended for bei...more
More about Orhan Pamuk...
Snow My Name is Red The Museum of Innocence Istanbul: Memories and the City The Black Book

“To read a novel is to wonder constantly, even at moments when we lose ourselves most deeply in the book: How much of this is fantasy, and how much is real?” 6 likes
“At the heart of the novelist's craft lies an optimism which thinks that the knowledge we gather from our everyday experience, if given proper form, can become valuable knowledge about reality.” 1 likes