Start by marking “Good Old Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #12)” as Want to Read:
Good Old Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #12)

Good Old Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #12)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,954 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
There are strange happenings at Torkling Castle. Who is lurking in the ruined tower and why have the resident jackdaws been disturbed?
Published 2006 by Hodder (first published 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Good Old Secret Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Old Secret Seven

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonThe Enchanted Wood by Enid BlytonThe Folk of the Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonUp the Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonFirst Term at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton
Enid Blyton Greats
67th out of 110 books — 40 voters
First Term at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonUpper Fourth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonIn the Fifth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonFledgling by Mark A. CooperSecond Form at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton
Shunned by adults, Smashing good YA books
51st out of 143 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

David Sarkies
Jan 13, 2015 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love Enid Blyton
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
The Secret Seven explore a castle
13 January 2015

Well, as soon as I started this book before I knew it I had finished it, which is not surprising since the 120 pages uses large type with decent spacing. Hey, it's a kids book so I was hardly expecting Crime and Punishment (though I would be interesting to see if there is a children's version of that book – with pictures).

axe murderer

Anyway, the Secret Seven get themselves a telescope, and suddenly discover that Suzie and her friend have also been told that
Renee
Jan 25, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: tt3, read-2015
Another classic Secret Seven. In this book, the Secret Seven get to use a telescope. This sparked a discussion with my 5 1/2 year old son about how big space was. He came to the conclusion that "Space is so big that it can't even fit in your brain". We also enjoyed discussing the clues in the story and our ideas of what would happen next.
bakanekonomama
Baru sekali ini baca serinya Sapta Siaga. Seru euy!

Kali ini jumlah personilnya lebih banyak dari Lima Sekawan. Ya iyalah namanya aja Sapta Siaga!

Ceritanya jauh lebih sederhana dari Lima Sekawan. Bukunya juga tipis. Duduk sejaman juga bisa langsung beres. Siap cari seri-seri berikutnya ah. Tapi klo bisa yg pas lg diskon gocengan kayak buku ini >_<
Jake Collins
Jul 26, 2015 Jake Collins rated it it was ok
Suddenly there is an old castle on the hill opposite Peter and Janet's farm, which becomes the setting for this extremely watered-down amalgamation of The Castle of Adventure and the one in the Five Find-Outers series with a castle and some portraits, which I haven't re-read yet and I can't remember what it's called. The nesting jackdaws from Kirrin Castle in the Famous Five series are also present.

At the height of her powers, Enid Blyton could probably have pulled this off rather well, but we'r
Cat
Dec 29, 2014 Cat rated it liked it

It's quite an experience re-reading books you loved as a kid. Usually I find the same magic and charm in the pages that I found as a kid (even if the plot seems simplistic), but in this case there were certain attitudes that bothered me; namely, the way Susie was treated by the Secret Seven. I thought they were horrible to her.

(It's difficult to be objective with the rating, esp. as my young self would want to give 5 stars, and my old, adult self wants to give it 1, so I'll settle for something
Haroon Shareef
Dec 23, 2015 Haroon Shareef rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enid-blyton
Brilliant mystery!!!Loved it from beginning to the end!It all started with Jack's and Susie's telescope and finished in to a successful mystery where the secret seven caught the thieves who stole very valuable paintings and hid them on the old castle's dungeon...
Really fun with all those twists and those tricks of Susie.....Amazing book.Thank You Enid Blyton!
Hil
Dec 24, 2012 Hil rated it it was ok
Adele
Aug 23, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
these books i grew up with. i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i reccommend these books for any child under 10.
I has been a while scince i read these books so i can't give a proper review.
Sally
May 02, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
I hate the newer covers for these books :( The Secret Seven were SO much younger than the Famous Five, which made them much quicker, brainless reads - but I liked how they were young enough to actually get adults involved instead of being all nooo, we can do this ourselves!
Tara Calaby
Ugh, I am just very over the way that the Secret Seven bully poor Susie all the time. And not a word here about how she basically solved the whole mystery. They're always on about how horrible she is, when really the poor kid is just reacting to being so cruelly left out all the time.
Raja99
Dec 05, 2007 Raja99 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mcpl
I read the Galaxy Children's Large Print edition, ISBN 0-7540-6134-5, 115 pages.

Back cover blurb: "There are strange happenings at Torling Castle. Who is lurking in the ruined tower--and why have the resident jackdaws been disturbed?"

(Finished 2007-12-04 23:46EST)
Imy Bennett
Oct 06, 2015 Imy Bennett rated it really liked it
AMAZING!!!
There are strange happenings at Torling Castle. Who is lurking in the ruined tower - and why have the resident jackdaws been disturbed?
Fath
Apr 02, 2015 Fath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
REread multiple times.

The story is about 7kids who are having fun exploring and discovering their surrounding. A very good books for kid.

Bushra Muzaffar
This begins our - my sonny's and mine (re initiation) - reading affair with the Enid Blyton's mystery books :)
Wahyu *alienate me* Nurasman
Sapta Siaga kembali beraksi....ato lebih tepatnya Susie dan Binkie Beraksi, Serta Ayahnya Peter, matt dan Tukang Kebun..

Sapta Siaga Cuman Numpang muncul doang :D
Eman
Eman rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2008
Kleopatra Olympiou
Kleopatra Olympiou rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Moitreyee Das
Moitreyee Das rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Vaibhavi Chitnis
Vaibhavi Chitnis rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Azlinawati
Azlinawati rated it liked it
May 14, 2010
Pedro Fragoso
Pedro Fragoso rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Stania
Stania rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Sai Pradeep
Sai Pradeep rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Mohak shah
Mohak shah rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2016
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Hasara
Mar 04, 2012 Hasara rated it liked it
Good :)
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2008
Thachitri
Thachitri rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (Knight Books)
  • Shield of Fear (Hardy Boys, #91)
  • The Nine Lives of Montezuma
  • Brer Rabbit Again
  • A Espada do Rei Afonso
  • Leopard at the Lodge (Animal Ark, #44)
  • The Prime Minister's Brain
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)