Start by marking “Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)” as Want to Read:
Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)

Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #10)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,868 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The Secret Seven see a house burn down, then they witness the theft of a valuable violin. Are the two incidents connected? Enid Blyton died in 1968 but remains one of the best-known writers of children's stories.
Published 2006 by Hodder (first published 1958)

Ana
Mar 19, 2017 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ótimo, como sempre, se bem que pouco surpreendente.
David Sarkies
Apr 26, 2015 David Sarkies rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who love Children's mysteries
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
The Secret Seven help a family in trouble
28 April 2015

This is another one of those feel good Secret Seven stories where a poor unfortunate, namely a lady that lives in an old shack and makes ginger bread biscuits for the local fair, has her house burnt down. In response the Secret Seven step in to help her and her family get back onto their feet. However, a Secret Seven story would not be a Secret Seven story without a mystery to be solved, and in this one it involves a stolen violin, most like
Adele
Aug 22, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it
these books i grew up with. i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i reccommend these books for any child under 10.
I has been a while scince i read these books so i can't give a proper review.
Rahmi Susiswanti
Apr 01, 2015 Rahmi Susiswanti rated it it was ok
Sapta siaga merupakan serikat rahasia tujuh anak yang begitu piawai memecahkan misteri. Sapta siaga terdiri dari Peter (ketua), Janet (adik Peter), Jack, Colin, Barbara, Pam, Barbara dan George, serta yang anjing yang mengikuti mereka selalu Skippy.

Berawal dari Jack yang mendapatkan uang dari mamanya untuk pergi ke pasar malam. Dia mengajak anggota Sapta Siaga lainnya, kesemuanya senang karena pasar malam merupakan hiburan yang ditunggu dan tentunya tidak setiap hari. Sapta siaga pergi bersama S
Atharva
Mar 22, 2016 Atharva rated it liked it
Secret Seven Book 10
*Puzzle for Secret Seven*
Enid Blyton has begun to explore carious forms of mystery and builds up good suspense in this particular novel. This was a seemingly different story as compared to others. I like the way how Enid Blyton had taken her writing skills to a very new level and of almost feels as if you are reading Children's Sherlock Holmes. He writing is simple as always with a steady plotline. Another minor character explored here is Binkie, who's Susie's friend and they
Eva
Jan 18, 2013 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku pertama dari seri Sapta Siaga yang selesai saya baca. Saya masih membuka buku Serikat Sapta Siaga, yang tidak selesai-selesai karena boring bacanya :(

Tapi setidaknya yang ini berhasil saya selesaikan dan cukup puas. Ternyata buku Sapta Siaga cocok untuk bacaan anak yang baru mulai membaca novel. Lebih karena buku tidak terlalu tebal, tokohnya pun masih kanak-kanak, dan aktivitas mereka masih aktivitas keseharian.. yang menimbulkan mini adventure gethooo...
Jake Collins
Jun 13, 2015 Jake Collins rated it it was ok
This is a very typical Secret Seven adventure in many ways, which ticks along at the usual pace and follows the usual formula. However, there are definite signs of Enid Blyton's encroaching dementia creeping in for the first time in this series. Also, the Secret Seven have really earned their stripes as the world's least skilled detectives, as not one of them realised that Benny was blind after interacting with him several times.
Raja99
Dec 03, 2007 Raja99 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mcpl
Another enjoyable and fair mystery. I think this must be a re-reading for me, because I knew the solution immediately. On the plus side, it has some lovely sentimental touches.

Back cover blurb: "The Seven see a house burn down--then they witness the theft of a valuable violin! Are the two incidents connected?"

ISBN 0-7540-7800-0, 139 pages (the last of which has only 2 lines).

(finished 2007-12-03 14:52EST)
Renee
Jan 08, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, kids
Another fantastic Secret Seven tale.

***Interview with my 5 1/2 year old***
Me: What did you think about that book?
Him: I loved it.
Me: What was your favourite bit?
Him: When the man smashed the window.
Me: Who was your favourite character?
Him: Benny
Me: Why did you like Benny?
Him: Because he likes to play the violin and I want to play the violin one day.
Hil
Aug 26, 2012 Hil rated it liked it
Karthik
May 20, 2015 Karthik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ksffds
godddcaadafnndjc nytbvr vrfrdThe Secret Seven Collection
Imam Abdullah
Apr 02, 2013 Imam Abdullah rated it really liked it
the was an awesome series when i was small.... gave me the hobby for reading suspense full novels
Jessica J.
Jul 24, 2011 Jessica J. rated it really liked it
crecí leyendo sus libros y me sirvieron bien
Blake
Jun 20, 2012 Blake rated it really liked it
i had no idear what was going bto happen next but still cool as going to ride on an elefant but an elefant ride would be way better soooooorry i got a bit off topic.!!!!!
Maisie
Oct 25, 2011 Maisie rated it liked it
Pre teen reads
Deb Sharp
Sep 21, 2012 Deb Sharp rated it it was amazing
My Foster Children are now reading my End Blyton books :)
Natasha
May 17, 2012 Natasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Yet another mystery for the Secret Seven.

I felt quite pleased with myself for solving the mystery almost straight away, then I remembered it was a children's book - oh well!
Ava
Sep 05, 2014 Ava rated it really liked it
Great
Imy Bennett
Oct 06, 2015 Imy Bennett rated it really liked it
AMAZING!!!
The Secret Seven see a house burn down - then they witness the theft of a valuable violin! Are the two incidents connected?
Mathew O'keefe
Jan 02, 2014 Mathew O'keefe rated it really liked it
Good kids book - was a present from the family in 1988!
Lorelei
Nov 09, 2008 Lorelei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one, it has a terrific ending and every one of my kids cheers when it is read aloud.
Wilde Sky
Jul 19, 2014 Wilde Sky rated it liked it
A group of children investigate a theft / mystery.

I thought this book had a good story, the writing felt a bit dated but children will probably really enjoy it.
Indah Threez Lestari
1228th - 2011
Srivardhan Ramesh
Mar 03, 2011 Srivardhan Ramesh rated it really liked it
Exciting and interesting especially scamper scampering around!
Tarun
Feb 21, 2014 Tarun rated it really liked it
superb book.... for children..
Elaine Mullane
Mar 06, 2017 Elaine Mullane rated it really liked it
Revisiting the books of my youth out of a feeling of nostalgia! I loved Enid Blyton when I was younger and can't wait to re-read these with my own children.
Nonethousand Oberrhein
Young detectives for grown-up mysteries
Meet Peter and his sister Janet, Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. A group of child detectives that will get tangled in all sorts of adventures that will make them juggle school attendance, homework, and the ineffable desire to solve the mysteries they stumble upon. Juvenile sense of wonder, the principal ingredient in Enid Blyton works, is a guarantee of a good moment for readers of all ages.
Here, the Secret Seven witnesses a house burn down, and after
Sherrynarejo
Dec 27, 2010 Sherrynarejo rated it really liked it
mysterious!!!
Manogyana T
This book is interesting but I don't think it can keep you up all night, it's not that interesting. Just a light read. .
Gogo C
Feb 03, 2013 Gogo C rated it did not like it
T
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (Knight Books)
  • Shield of Fear (Hardy Boys, #91)
  • The Prime Minister's Brain
  • Uma Aventura em Espanha
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Secret Seven Fireworks (The Secret Seven, #11)