Start by marking “Fun for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #15)” as Want to Read:
Fun for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #15)

Fun for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #15)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,613 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Published April 20th 2006 by Hodder (first published 1962)

To ask other readers questions about Fun for the Secret Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fun for the Secret Seven

First Term at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonUpper Fourth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonIn the Fifth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonFledgling by Mark A. CooperSecond Form at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton
Shunned by adults, Smashing good YA books
57th out of 143 books — 14 voters
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Secret to Hummingbird Cake by Celeste Fletcher McHaleCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWhy Not-World by Alexei Maxim Russell
Can you keep a Secret?
190th out of 214 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

David Sarkies
Aug 22, 2015 David Sarkies rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
Blyton's Running out of Mysteries
23 August 2012

Well, there goes my goal of reading all of the Secret Seven books in order. I realised that I haven't read one for a while so I decided to grab this one, in case I finished my other book while I was on holidays (I didn't), and when I finished my last book I clicked on the 'reading now' tab on Goodreads and suddenly realised that this was the last one – I still have another three to read before I get to this one. So, I sat at the table in the coffee
Hil
Mar 01, 2013 Hil rated it it was ok
The most boring Secret Seven book ever. No wonder it was her last. I shall call it "The one which drones on and on about an old man and a horse and nothing really happens at all".
PenNPaper52
Oct 31, 2011 PenNPaper52 rated it liked it
I used to read Enid Blyton when I was young and the Secret Seven were one of my fav along with the Famous Five. Although as I recall, the Secret Seven used to solved mysteries, this however was targeted at a much younger audience it seems. The story revolves around the Secret Seven coming to the rescue of Tolly and his horse Brownie. Well technically Brownie isn't Tolly's horse, he just works for the owner. Brownie has met with an accident while lugging a heavy cart and his back legs have gone u ...more
Renee
Feb 17, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: tt3, read-2015
A nice finish to the Secret Seven series. This one was more of an adventure than a mystery. When I told my son that we had finished the series and there were no more Secret Seven books, he asked me if we could get them all again.
Rafika ws
Oct 18, 2015 Rafika ws rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kelas-x
Seperti buku anak lainnya, buku karya Enid Blyton cocok untuk dinikmati... I Love It...
Nidhi Gupta
Dec 24, 2015 Nidhi Gupta marked it as to-read
i want to write a review
Natasha
Aug 12, 2013 Natasha rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Out of all the Secret Seven books, this is definitely my least favourite. There wasn't any mystery to be solved, to be honest there wasn't much of a story either; they just help a man and a horse.

It was much more sickly sweet than the other Secret Seven books and I found the children extremely irritatating when they kept going on and on about buying a share in the horse.

I'm glad this was the last book in the series and not the first, because I probably wouldn't have read any more of them if it
Bill
Sep 29, 2015 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-reader
Review by Katy, aged 7: This book is about the Secret Seven, the BEAUTIFUL horse Brownie, and old Tolly. My favourite part was when the party happened. And when the mystery started. Others will enjoy this book, I can assure you, in case you don't know! Dad and I read this book together.
Jacqueline
Jan 21, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Jake Collins
Apr 30, 2016 Jake Collins rated it did not like it
This is undoubtedly the worst book that Enid Blyton ever wrote, and the fact that she seems to have all but totally lost her mental faculties by this point is undoubtedly to blame. Plot strands are started and utterly forgotten about, characters forget what they are supposed to be doing or feeling from page to page, and the narrative is a complete mess. The fact that the book was allowed to be published in this state is an insult to both Enid and her readers.
Tan Ho
Jan 26, 2014 Tan Ho rated it it was amazing
Nice book :)
Raja99
Dec 05, 2007 Raja99 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedside-y2
I read this before my current (November-December 2007) Secret-Seven spree. I don't remember it in detail, except that it seemed crudely written in spots, but was overall quite fun.

Back cover blurb (of the Galaxy Children's Large Print Edition): "The Seven are desperate to help Tolly and his sick horse, Brownie. But where can they hide an old man and his horse? And can they protect Brownie from thieves?"
Sophia W
Jan 21, 2014 Sophia W rated it it was amazing
See my review of the 1st one
Adele
Aug 23, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it
these books i grew up with. i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i reccommend these books for any child under 10.
I has been a while scince i read these books so i can't give a proper review.
Charlotte Ko
Jun 25, 2009 Charlotte Ko rated it liked it
I learned that we should not be rude to any person even if it's pet is very old we should also take care of it and don't let it do improper things to a pet and don't let it be injured
Dewi
Dec 03, 2008 Dewi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kepolosan anak-anak dalam menghadapi apapun yang dianggapnya sebagai hal yang benar, memungkinkan mereka melakukan apapun untuk mewujudkan harapan mereka.
Edel
Apr 24, 2013 Edel rated it it was amazing
A proper feel good story for children or those reliving their younger reading days. Plenty of good and bad guys to keep the story very entertaining.
Sally
Jun 03, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
I only read the Secret Seven recently, and the funny thing is I don't think I would have actually liked them when I was the target age.
Jebin
Nov 02, 2011 Jebin rated it it was amazing
I loved it. It made me happy, just like all the other Enid Blyton books I've read.
Deb Sharp
Sep 21, 2012 Deb Sharp rated it it was amazing
I remember trying to write my own Secret Seven story as a child.
Srivardhan Ramesh
Mar 03, 2011 Srivardhan Ramesh rated it really liked it
Exciting and interesting especially scamper scampering around!
Sayantan Debray
May 29, 2013 Sayantan Debray rated it it was amazing
Yet another masterpiece by Enid Blyton.
Dana
Sandhya
Nice little book! :)
Dom
Jan 16, 2014 Dom rated it did not like it
Worst of the series easily
Maisie
Miss Kodok
Jun 01, 2008 Miss Kodok rated it it was ok
Shelves: buku-beli, my-shelf
good!
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • Sky Blue Frame (Hardy Boys, #89)
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (Knight Books)
  • Uma Aventura no Ribatejo
  • Biggles and Co.
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)