Start by marking “Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)” as Want to Read:
Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)

Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #3)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  3,547 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
The Secret Seven have built a new meeting place, and it's a tree house. But someone else has discovered their hideout, and he's on the run from a gang of thieves.
Published April 2006 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Well Done, Secret Seven, please sign up.

Deepika THIS BOOK IS AN AMAZING BOOK. I LIKED IT VERY MUCH. IT IS A STORY OF SS TO HELP A LITTLE BOY

Sandra Bašić
Jan 11, 2017 Sandra Bašić rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iako više volim onu famoznu petorku, ni ovih sedam nije loše. Simpa za odmor od ozbiljnijih knjiga!
Prue
Apr 01, 2012 Prue rated it it was amazing
This book is about a group of children called the "Secret Seven" who are a group of children who likes to solve mysteries in their village.

It was during one summer vacation when the Secret Seven were very bored and had nothing to do. So they decided to go into the woods and build a treehouse to stay in. All of the members were having fun and relaxing in the treehouse. They brought snacks and games from home to eat and play all day long.

One day, Pam, one of the Secret Seven members decided to le
Atharva
May 13, 2017 Atharva rated it it was ok
Secret Seven Book 3
*Well Done Secret Seven*
Wow! The Secret Society is really doing some great job. Hats off! This one was a lot better than its previous counterpart. The plot is something like this. As the summer heat approaches, the secret seven build a fanciful treehouse to escape into pleasing shades and coolness with drinks and biscuits. The secret society soon discovers a strange boy along with his cat who trespasses into their domination and they soon get to know about the boys Uncle, who
Maryam
Jul 30, 2016 Maryam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This title is #3 of 15 novels in the Secret Seven Series, originally published in the late 1940's and 50's. I would categorize it as a cozy English mystery for kids. Many reviewers of the English version have remarked on how dated it seems. Of course the Brisitsh characters and their circumstances are not those of 21st century American culture. However, I tend to agree with one of the reviewers who remarked that since she herself (as a child reader) hadn't noticed the disparities, she doubted mo ...more
Sebastian
May 09, 2011 Sebastian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Elaine Mullane
Mar 06, 2017 Elaine Mullane rated it really liked it
Revisiting the books of my youth out of a feeling of nostalgia! I loved Enid Blyton when I was younger and can't wait to re-read these with my own children.
Jax Holt
May 22, 2014 Jax Holt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is the third installment in the Secret Seven series by Enid Blyton. The book is called, Well Done, Secret Seven.

After the events of the previous novel, the Society have had nothing to do so during their holidays, The Secret Seven want somewhere different then Peter and Janet's Shed so they head out and build their very own tree-house at Windy Woods. After their success at building their tree-house they find out that some of their food has gone missing... Then one night Peter and Colin head
Dec 03, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Grandma and Mum
The Secret Seven have a new meeting place - a tree house! But someone else is secretly using it too! The gang are furious that someone has found their hide-out and is pinching their food and goodies, but when they find out that the intruder is in big trouble and needs their help, The Secret Seven are on the job to crack the cryptic case and help this mysterious intruder.

I, for one, thought this book was much better than the first two I read, just because of the way in which the story wasn't rus
David Sarkies
Apr 26, 2013 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids and those who want to remember their childhood
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: mystery
The Secret Seven build a tree house
27 April 2013

Another short Enid Blyton mystery where the Secret Seven manage to prevent some bad people from ruining somebody's lovely day. However it takes about half of the book for the adventure to start because the first half of the book has them building a tree house because the shed in which they meet in is a little too hot. However, it always makes me cringe when English authors talk about hot days in England because they are pretty much non-existent, i
Catherine Smith
Sep 16, 2013 Catherine Smith rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed Enid Blyton's books as a child, I thought I would re read one of them. This book is the third in the series and tells the story of the Secret Seven having yet another adventure. In this book, they encounter a young boy, Jeff, who tells them that he has overheard a criminal plan. The Secret Seven must act to stop this plan, and save the boy.

I quite enjoyed reading this book, as it is written in short chapters and it is quite fast paced. I feel it would be good for individual readi
A.E. Shaw
Jun 18, 2013 A.E. Shaw rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013

Another thing I found on the shelves at home, my mother's childhood copy, this time. A pleasantly quick and easy read, I recall that when I was young I preferred the Famous Five, because their adventures were more exciting, and that memory seems fair, although this is rather lovely. A world in which small children wander off into the woods in the centre of the night is always surprising these days, but the story is solid as ever, and the adventure genuinely rather compelling in this case. I thin
Raja99
Nov 08, 2007 Raja99 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mcpl
This is an enjoyable and (mostly) fair mystery. It's a bit sentimental; some people might call it manipulative.

When their shed gets too hot, the Secret Seven decide to meet elsewhere. They find a tree in a nearby wood, and use wooden planks to create a transient tree house that they disassemble after each meeting. But their meeting place is found by a young boy who has an injured kitten and who is in trouble....

The copy I read was a "Children's Large Print" edition, ISBN 0-7540-6027-6, with 98 p
Tom Seward
Mar 21, 2010 Tom Seward rated it really liked it
Shelves: enid-blyton
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the
world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Secret Seven) Features 7 children who form a
backyard club. They love to have meetings with Secret
Passwords, etc. Soon, they begin to fall into mysteries. This
series is for the younger reader than the other series Enid
Blyton wrote for children. 8-10 years old maybe.
Great reading. introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Adele
Aug 22, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it
Ah this was the one where they build a treehouse for their club house. how funny it is, these books i grew up with. they built a treehouse, i wanted to build a treehouse. they had secret passwords, i made secret passwords...i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i recommend these books for any child under 10
Jake Collins
Jan 25, 2015 Jake Collins rated it it was ok
The mystery/adventure in this one is not very interesting. The best part of the book is when the gang builds a treehouse. The complete of lack of actual detective skills in the Secret Seven is beginning to annoy me slightly - they need to get Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes in to give them a talk so that they're no longer completely reliant on coincidences to solve their mysteries.
Oct 20, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourite secret seven books, although I thought it was abit strange that Enid Blyton decided that the Secret Seven would be fans of the famous five and said how great they were because it seemed a bit weird that she was writing that. However this doesn't make the book any less enjoyable.
Tasneem
Jun 07, 2011 Tasneem rated it really liked it
How can you not adore a writer that teaches children to behave well, to tell the truth and to work for the good of society. I love this book and all of Enid Blyton's stories. Yes, it does have traces of class superiority and obvious racism, but, the values are of that age, and there is an innocence in the stories that come across through the years.
Amy
Feb 03, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
it was the best book I've ever read
Matthew Hodge
Secret Seven no.3, in which the kids actually do have to do a bit of sleuthing.

Oh yeah, and their parents let them stay up to go on a crime sting with the local cops. How awesome was childhood in Enid Blyton books?
Tamaki
Dec 20, 2008 Tamaki rated it really liked it
This book was rather interesting that I could read it in less than an hour.I somehow occasionally hope that I could have created such a group so that the 'group' may fing lots of fun solving mysteries by connecting the clues which we are sure of.
Dom
Jun 06, 2013 Dom rated it it was ok
Read in Spanish
Sriya
Mar 11, 2009 Sriya rated it it was ok
like all the other secret seven books
Devdatt N pai
Shelves: childhood
Adored
Binuja
Oct 10, 2015 Binuja rated it it was amazing
Going down the memory lane, these were the books which inspired me to read and these collections will always remain special to me, so does the characters. Thanks Blyton <3
Hil
Jul 28, 2012 Hil rated it really liked it
Ztxe
Aug 30, 2015 Ztxe rated it liked it
I din't really like this one compared to one, two and three.

Age:8
Imy Bennett
Oct 06, 2015 Imy Bennett rated it really liked it
AMAZING!!!
The Seven have built a new meeting place - it's a tree house! But somebody else has discovered their hideout - and he's on the run from a gang of thieves!
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Span. pbk cover 3 12 Jul 30, 2016 02:51PM
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Lima Sekawan: Melacak Topeng Hitam (7)
  • Shield of Fear (Hardy Boys, #91)
  • O Dia do Terramoto
  • The Naughtiest Girl Marches On (The Naughtiest Girl, #10)
  • The Nine Lives of Montezuma
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)
  • Secret Seven Fireworks (The Secret Seven, #11)